I Wish... The Mizahar Wish List for Players

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Derailey on April 3rd, 2014, 5:59 am

I wish that someone would rise up and help expand the Tracking skill Wiki. :( It is so sad that it is a stub when it should be and extensive and highly detailed subject.

I also wish there was more help in Endrykas. It looks like things are falling behind because of all the threads and necessities. I know it's a hard job, and I would try, but I'm afraid I don't think I would qualify.

Those are my wishes.
Derailey
You want a battle. I'll give you a war.

Words: 36925
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Noera on May 11th, 2014, 1:13 pm

i wish kelvics could be bondmates with other kelvics...
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone ~Aurdrey Hepburn
Noera
Player

Words: 3382
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2014, 11:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Roderick on June 22nd, 2014, 1:41 am

I wish the lore for combat skills was more fleshed out.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ornea on December 22nd, 2014, 8:25 pm

I wish there would be an "Insanity Meter" for wizards. When they use personal magic in threads, they would get increased IP (Insanity Points) as well as XP in the magic they level up. And writing about meditation and other tings to stabilize themselves, or about actively abstaining from magic in favor of other solutions to difficult situations, would decrease the IP.

The insanity points would need to be roleplayed properly and would also give the other players clear info about exactly how insane or not a wizard is before they enter a thread.

This point system would be a way to make the cost of using magic visible and real and give the wizards the interesting challenge of balancing the benefits of magic with the costs of it. IP points granted by the graders would make the dangers of magic something real to count with and create much more tension and danger for wizard roleplay.

Just to give an example. According to the lore, hypnotism is really dangerous and actually has the highest incidence of insanity among all practiced magical disciplines. So it shouldn’t be possible to happily write on about ones PC easily hypnotizing person after person to get what they want, like there was no overgiving and no limits to their control over other characters. Instead, a high Insainty Points rate that mirrors the lore would be an excellent way to help players create the adequate exiting consequences of indulging in mind control.
Ornea
Player

Words: 354504
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2014, 11:03 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on December 23rd, 2014, 12:04 am

And to follow up that brilliant insight, I suggest my own, somewhat unrealistic, idea of gods in general being expanded upon. I wish the gods were complete. Every wiki done, all gnosis done (Especially Sylir's. Over 7,000 NPCs and a handful of PCs have it without knowing what it is), and, finally, I suggest the idea of the gods' conflict with other gods being expanded upon so it may further influence characters.

My two cents.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 23rd, 2014, 1:09 am

You don't ask for much....
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aventis on December 23rd, 2014, 1:17 am

XD

Pardon if it seemed rude. I didn't mean it to be demanding or anything, just something that might be fun. Probably something that I would like to take part in, and I expect a lot of others might too. But, I also recognize that this is unrealistic and posting this here is just about as effective as asking Santa for it. It's just something I thought would be cool. As I said. Just my silly ole' two cents. c:

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aren on February 5th, 2015, 9:04 pm

I wish there was some kind of Mizahar wide (or at least involving multiple cities) armed conflict quest line or event that PCs could participate in and form units and contribute to the war effort on whichever side they want.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Irriari on February 5th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Aren, there is one. It's actually been going on for awhile. Zith vs the world. Some places have even went so far to institute a shoot on site policy so the war effort is getting pretty advanced.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Aren on February 6th, 2015, 6:04 am

Yeah, but that's not really a war, unless there's something I don't know. Cities are not coming under siege nor are they in danger of being sacked. Zith feel more like a natural threat, like wolves or glassbeak, just more dangerous. There's no central Zith government actively seeking and mobilizing for the destruction of Syliras or Sunberth or whatever (unless there is and I'm not aware). Armies aren't being mustered, large battles aren't being fought by groups of army regulars, where the only objective is to destroy or rout the enemy.

There is an existing conflict between the Zith and all other races because of the nature of their society, but conflict and war are not the same thing. I'm talking about a serious, proper war. Something with strategic objectives and troop divisions and supply lines that have to be maintained. Something where losing doesn't mean a caravan or small town got massacred and possibly eaten or enslaved, but rather it means the potential destruction of your way of life.

I don't know if you know what I mean?
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext