Completed Frost Hawks and Spiritism

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Frost Hawks and Spiritism

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on April 12th, 2014, 3:11 pm

OOCOh, right XD
I set it up for a good place for you to buy the collar

Spirit nodded at Una's question of walking. She'd sort of forgotten about it. "Right... we can just take Apple here, he'd be happy for the exercise." Smiling, she crouched down to scratch the pup's head. He was bigger now, much bigger, and a little too awkward to hold... though the Charoada still tried, apparently. When they were smaller, younger, it was easier to hold them, but now... less so. They didn't understand it as much, and squirmed, wondering why they didn't fit.

"Let's head out of the hold... maybe to the main part of the city? He'll like the smells..." Personal decision made, she led the way out into the snow and ice of Avanthal. She was fine with the cold, dressed warmly as always, and with Morwen's mark. The dogs were good too, having grown up in this, and having naturally thick and heavy coats to protect against the snow. They were bred for Avanthal... that had been the idea in the first place. Good hunters, and good in the snow.

The walk to the city wasn't too long, as paths had been shoveled out since the last snowfall. They quickly reached it's (slightly) bustling streets, larger and more individual buildings, with Morwen's home in clear sight. It was as beautiful as always, and Spirit took a moment to smile at it. She loved their goddess as much as any Vantha, and couldn't wait for the first day of Spring when the Queen returned.

There were shops and stalls as well, selling various oddities from sculptures to instruments to snowshoes. The latter looked quite practical, especially if out in the wastes... but apparently from what she heard snow got stuck on the bottom of the wooden frames... and everything got awkward from there. Her cousin grumbled about them a bit, always wanting to tell the story of his first try with them, and how he'd decided riding was a much better option whilst hunting.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Una Tanta on May 2nd, 2014, 3:54 am

x
x
Apple licked Unas nose and wiggled in her arms making her jostle him awkwardly. She didn't know how to hold a dog and it had looked much easier than it actually was. Fumbling with the puppy she almost dropped him as she placed him down. "Oops.." What a funny looking creature...Una analyzed objectively, Nothing in the sea looks like that, fur aside. The way the dogs moved was what struck Una the heaviest. The hardest part of living on land was adapting to the bizarre nature of only moving in one plane. The dogs however, seemed to defy this. With their prancing and effortless leaping they looked like earthen fish leaping from the crests of the snow banks.

As Una toddled along after Spirit eyes never parting from the prancing dog. Though Spirit was much younger than her Una immediately let her take control of the situation, as was her usual tendency. In the water she found her confidence and leadership easily but as she crawled on land everything was strange enough to send her scuttling back into her shell. She thought about this as she followed Spirits snowy wake toward the marketplace Una had purchased her most precious belongings.

Having spent most of her time nude clothing were eccentricities, one she indulged in happily in the frigid north. When she had bought the rabbit lined clothes she had spent hours stroking the soft fur, marveling at its texture. There were times she still couldn't help herself and would find herself being stared at as she stroked the snow, or anothers hair. Captivated by the beauty everyone else took for granted. The Vantha, more than any other culture she had met, idolized their surroundings and adored it as much as she. But even they took for granted some of the most sensual and appealing things Una had found in the icy city.

This was most obvious when Una heard the silver jingle of bells. Underwater, noise moved differently. Languidly it almost gurgled itself into existence. Here, noises were crisp. A completely different entity, it seemed. Since she had first heard the Avanthalian sleigh bells she had been entranced. How beautiful...It's like the sound of water trickling through melting ice...She marveled at how man-made things could replicate nature.

Ignoring Spirits wandering path Una followed the spine tingling jingle. Hanging from a beam that supported a stand was the red leather collar the sound emanated from. The movement of the crowd and gentle wind had it gently banging against the soft coloured wood. "Looks Apple! It looks like you!" Una giggled, more interested in conversing with the puppy than Spirit. By now, she had dismissed the Vantha as largely petulant children. Though she loved what they created she was rapidly tiring of their behavior.

Once again, forgetting about the careful possessiveness of Avanthal merchants Una reached out for the leather collar only to have her thin white arm encapsulated by a gruff masculine one. "Hey! Don't be makin' me call dem snow bears over!" The man warned gripping her arm tight enough to make Una wince. "I-I was just going to try it on Apple...to see if it suited him..."

Made of cartilage, Charoda build was flexible and dealt well with compression like that he exerted on her arm. However, as he twisted her arm, leaning into peer closer at her unusual appearance beneath her red shroud the twisting caused her incredible pain. Prone to shearing, the cartilage beneath her skin almost creaked under the pressure.

"Excuse me sir. But you WILL let me go." Una informed him firmly. Stealing was an abhorrent crime in Avanthal, where many had never even heard of locks. "I wasn't intending to steal it. See?" Una added fishing through her pockets to offer the sparkling coins to the man. Though she struggled to understand the type of love merchants had for the coins she herself loved them...when they were clean and sparkly of course.

Dumping a couple into his hand to show goodwill Una gazed as the coins slipped form her pale fingers to his heavily brown ones and grinned inwardly. They were dirtiest she had. Though he wouldn't care, Una equated the worth with the brightness and certainly felt as if she were getting back at the greedy man.

Leaning down she reached out for Apple who was snapping at some snow a little ways off. "May I?" She asked Spirit glancing up at the young girl. When given permission she eased the collar apart and tied it at his neck. Like a belt it wrapped gently and loosely around his thick plume of flaming hair. "Don't you look gorgeous!" She gushed, running her fingers through his fur. It felt like sand that had been broken down for so long it moved through ones fingers like down.
x
x
Last edited by Una Tanta on May 15th, 2014, 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 3rd, 2014, 1:37 pm

Spirit hadn't quite been paying attention when Una had the whole 'collar' incident. In fact, someone else had approached her and attempted to start a conversation about one of their horses at the Stables. She'd cared for the creature on multiple occasions, and this owner always wanted to check up on their lifelong companion. It was sweet, though got repetitive after a time.

She managed to pull herself out of the conversation just in time to see the Charoda with her arm being twisted by a grumpy vendor. "Hey!" she cried, suddenly feeling protective of Una. She darted over, but it seemed that the problem had been resolved. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" She didn't know how easily whale-people were hurt, or how to deal with them if they were... but she had to try.

It seemed that the whole fuss had been over a collar forIcicleGenius me has been calling the puppy Apple the whole time v.v It's actually Icicle. Apple is a full grown dog XD, which the Charoda had been attempting to get the puppy. "Of course," she put in in answer to the question.

Icicle looked quite remarkable in the red, as it matched his fur quite well. It stood out like a beacon, though that wasn't saying his coat didn't do that already. "You seem to like him quite a lot," she commented with a smile, also crouching down to rub the puppy. He seemed remarkably pleased, now having two people to fawn over him, and cuddle him.

OOCI'm sorry for the short post on my part. I think... you can try and propose buying Icicle, then I'd only need one post after that. Sound good?

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Una Tanta on May 3rd, 2014, 4:27 pm

Una covered up a wince with a smile and nodded at Spirit, assuring her that she was indeed okay. Her arm throbbed slightly and the shock of the event made tears gather in the corners of her eyes. Covering them up by gushing over the puppy Una didn't look at Spirit as she replied, "Oh yes. I have never played with a land mammal before. Nothing is so friendly in the ocean." Una scratched the dogs belly tenderly as she spoke.

"Is there anywhere I could get a dog like him?" Una queried slowly. At first Avanthal had fulfilled a hole in her life, but slowly that hole became more and more evident. Perhaps something like Icicle would fill what was left by Cy and couldn't be filled by Jack or books.

The bells on the pups collar jingled as the puppy tossed its head and seemed to startle him. Leaping into the air in surprise he fell backward a small pile of snow on the tip of his nose appeared as his head peaked out of the fluff. Una laughed whole heartedly at the puppies appearance as he tried in vain to look at the snow on his nose, "No wonder you have so many dogs! They're such a delight!" Una didn't think to ask if she could purchase Icicle, the dog belonged to Spirit evidently. However, she did have her heart set on finding a little red puppy just like Icicle.

OOCBahaha ;p Got it. Icicle.

Sorry my post is so short too >_< Yah we should wrap this up. I made an opening for Spirit to suggest taking Icicle. Una thinks he belongs to Spirit so she wouldn't offer to buy him.

x
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on May 5th, 2014, 12:49 pm

It was funny how the Charoda kept relating things to the ocean. But she was from the ocean, wasn’t she? A kind of half-whale half human thing. It was strange race, one she was sure had never turned up in Avanthal before. Still, this Una was as lovely as anyone else, and as human too… in a mental way. Her concern, her emotions, everything. She just seemed a little… unused to everything around her.

Spirit smiled at the pair frolicking in the snow, both Icicle and Una enjoying the new collar. None of her dogs wore collars unless she was unused to them… and then they were used to get control in an emergency, not for style. A few other Frostfawns liked the collar habit as well, and she noticed mostly that non-Frostfawn pets wore them. She’d once seen a Snowsong’s cat dressed up in a miniature coat. It had looked a little foolish to her, but it had so little fur of its own… it had probably needed the extra warmth when outside.

“A dog like him?” she repeated, when the Char inquired about getting her own puppy. “Well… you can get dogs anywhere. As for this specific breed… well the numbers are limited. I bred a mix myself, and I sold most of the puppies… other than Icicle here and Orange.” She paused for a moment, considering her options. Una was so nice, and she seemed to love Icicle so much. She’d had plans for the puppy, but… she still had a female of the breed left, right? And you couldn’t exactly mix siblings.

“You could buy him, you know…” she said slowly, and very carefully. Was it the right choice? Maybe. Yes, yes it was. She wanted to make Una happy, and this would do it. However, none of her other puppies had gone for free, and this one would be no different. The original puppies had sold for… 7 mizas each? Icicle was larger, and partially trained. She didn’t want to overcharge her friend, though. “He’d be only about 15 gold mizas… is that okay? I put a lot of effort into caring for them, and raising them…” She was partially tempted to give him as a free gift, but… she’d already said the price, and ‘buy’ right? Too late to go back now.

OOCI think this is the last post for me. You can have Una maybe getting over worries about buying Icicle, and then paying Spirit in your next post, and then… submit it for grading?

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Una Tanta on May 15th, 2014, 10:14 pm

“Well… you can get dogs anywhere. As for this specific breed… well the numbers are limited. I bred a mix myself, and I sold most of the puppies… other than Icicle here and Orange.” Una understood what she meant by getting dogs anywhere since they permeated the streets of Avanthal but she didn't understand what a mix was. She thought about this for a moment. Surely Spirit didn't mean that those dogs that looked so different could create guppies.

“You could buy him, you know…” Una whirled around hugging Icicle close at the suggestion. "Really? My own?!" Una gasped inwardly. She couldn't imagine or fathom how to care for one but the idea of possessing something again was too fierce a draw.

“He’d be only about 15 gold mizas… is that okay? I put a lot of effort into caring for them, and raising them…” Una grinned and eagerly sifted through her miza. She wasn't terribly good at counting but put what she assumed was the right amount into the young girls hands.

"Thank you! Thank you Spirit!" Una exclaimed feeling her heart glow with joy. She had something. Something that was hers and would always be hers. As she handed them over, she handed Spirit the shiniest ones she could find. The young woman deserved the shiniest.
x
x
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ayviss on February 23rd, 2015, 3:02 pm

Una Tanta and Spirit, if any of you become active with your characters again, please PM me so I can give you your grades!
Ayviss
Tell me the secrets whispered in the night

Words: 77386
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2014, 11:50 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous