Closed All That You Know

You must leave behind. (Gale)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

All That You Know

Postby Ricky Maze on March 3rd, 2015, 5:11 am

All That You Know
Spring 6th 514 AV, 18th Bell

The plains have stretched on with no end, so far nothing but grass carries out for miles. They remind me of the waves, of Zeltiva where I once left home. There's something I must do first though, something that needs to be done before I go back. My research in Riverfall has led me to no where in terms of finding her, but I know without a doubt that my dear Kleo is still out there.

Thump did the book go as its cover went shut, the urge to throw the damned thing grew just a little more, the further and further he continued to read about this stupid obsession. Pa never did once git over losin' ma. He t'ought her alive by some mere rumor, hunted her down while Oi remained alone de whole time. He chased a petchin' lie, d'ats how he became insane t' begin wit'. He gave the worn journal a slight toss so that it'd land on the desk with a tap against the wood, a sigh to follow as he rubbed his face with both hands during a slump into the chair. Oi can't believe Oi'm doin' d'is. What good is it gonna do me t' try an' learn more 'bout dis? Why do Oi keep readin' knowin' Oi'll just be pissed off again by de next paragraph? He asked these questions out of frustration because not only did he read the parts of the search, but the parts of the 'lonesome nights' where he imagined the company he kept as his mother.

Maybe her death had been far more tragic than he realized, maybe Burten just didn't want Ricky to see that side of him, and when he finally had the chance he went off to find whatever shroud of hope still existed. Hope... His eyes fell to the mark on the back of his hand, the swirling vortex located there reminded him of the gift he'd received from the Goddess herself. Maybe it's because between de bull shyke in 'ere, Oi'll find de answers Oi'm lookin' fer. He reasoned for the sake of a good argument, only to provide a benefit of the doubt of course. "Ku ku!" Martin called as he teetered his way towards Ricky, a short chuckle brought out of the father as he lifted boy into his lap. "Look at yew now son! Already walkin' like a pro!" He encouraged as he tickled the child with his fingers, the toddler squealed with laughter while he squirmed in the father's grasp.

"Takin' a break?" Telion investigated after she'd poked her head into the study.

"Yeah, anymore an' Oi might as well burn de damn t'ing."

"Why don't y' go and have somethin' t' eat dear, supper is practically ready at the dinner table."

"All roi, Oi'm practically starvin' anyways." He agreed knowing she wouldn't really go without prodding him again later, what he didn't expect was that she had already cooked up a rather different surprise as well. Before Ricky rose Telion went ahead and picked Martin up, and went on into the Dining Hall just outside the door while Ricky stood up to stretch. When he finally moved towards the doorway he'd seen somebody he hadn't expected to see, an "oh shyke" moment plastered on his face as another man stood next to the dining hall table. Gale McCenry, the Godfather to Martin and the man Ricky had ultimately forced out of the house, stood at the table while Telion locked the only means of an exit either had.

"Have a seat gents," She sighed as she moved towards her chair at the table, "it's time we acted like grown men and come t' terms." Somehow, Ricky figured dinner really wasn't ready just quite yet.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

All That You Know

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 3rd, 2015, 6:05 am

Common Vani Nari

There was several words that Gale could have used to describe the moment in which he had initially gotten he short lived letter from Telion, and there were countless more questions and phrases he could use to say the same thing. Questions like,"Why would he get a letter?" and "Why would Telion trust to contact him" or perhaps even "What the heck was going on?". But Gale didn't use any of those lousy questions and concerns and didn't use any of the single words to even try to summarize the situation. Instead, he made a sound.

"
Aaauugh!"

The mixture of groans, mumbles, curses, and even growls all came together in one in-cohesive blabber that made Gale's throat hurt after expelling it from his mouth. The blonde mop upon his head was roughly raked with the pasty fingers that were attached to his hand and the desk jolted in anguish as Gale's foot jammed itself into it's side. The abused desk created a skid mark on the floor, which went unnoticed by the artist who then proceeded to the blank wall and made his face collide with the solid mass. Repeatedly too.

The 29th of last winter was when the family had last saw the poor murderer. Or rather, it was the last time he saw them. But the 29th no less, and that was a little less than a season ago. It had been yet another season where he was separated from his friends- No, his family. No... Not anymore. Well, maybe? "
Aaauugh!?" He exclaimed again, ending it out a sour questionable tone.

Gale had an entire season to contemplate what had happened in that house, yet Gale had strictly avoided it. Well, he got his nose fixed relatively soon after the matter, seeing his head ache hurt like the spiraling gates of the void and the bleeding was rather profuse, but once he explained the physical instance to the nurses, he banished the thought of the Maze house hold for as long as he could.

Of course, Gale never had been very disciplined when it came to self moderation, ad thus, it didn't take long before he did start to panic over the whole matter, especially about his future relationship with hos Godson, if he would ever get to see the poor child ever again, but the father himself never really came to mind because he wouldn't let it.

But this stupid letter had messed it all up.

Now everything that Gale wished and wanted to do that afternoon was all spilling out, ad onto his poor desk no less. That desk and his bed was practically all he had in his tiny little room so it would seem he would take good care of it, but no. He kicked the living snot out of it. The living snot out of an inanimate object. That wasn't even possible but he did. Or at least he kicked it until he felt like he did.

The whole event wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing, and Telion's letter had made Gale regret so much. He constantly told himself just how stupid he was for thinking it was even remotely a good idea to tell Ricky what happened truly that night. But what was done was done and Gale hadn't even opened the letter yet anyway. It could be saying anything.

"Dear Gale,

I'm sorry to say that you will not be seeing us anymore."

"Dear Gale,

We're sorry for your losses and we apologize for our behavior, but we're not safe around you and we wanted to tell you you'll have to live through one more loss."

"Dear Gale,

We hate you. Go away."

It could literally say anything. But to Gale's relief, and to his dismay, Telion was calm in the letter, but she was asking to see him. Or at least for favour of some sort. And that could mean one of two things. One being Ricky still hates his guts and Telion had to invite him over in order to try and work things out (or just to yell and abuse him some more), or they wanted to cut a deal of some sort.

Telion and Ricky never seems like the blackmail type, because they were great people, but maybe they hated him that much now. Maybe Gale was seen as that much of a threat to Ricky's family now. Maybe they were going to turn him in, Gale had no idea. And the thoughts were torturing him in all honesty.

But days came and went, and each day you grow older. And one of those days, everything will catch up to you, so if Gale was going to caught for his crimes, or abused for his stupidity, or maybe by a slim chance make up with his lost friend, he better do it. Because it'll happen eventually anyway. Lhex has a sense of humor that way.

So, after reading the short letter, and after letting his tantrums run dry, Gale got on his shirt and vest, and even his cloak, and paced himself over to the Maze household. He wasn't greeted as fantastically as before, which Gale didn't expect to be, but Telion did greet him in sorts. But he was told to be quite, which was odd. Did she do something? Did she need to tell him something? Why him? Why not Ricky?

Telion left the initial room, which was complete unflipped tables and bloodstain free floors so that way the two could recreate the scene like before if they wanted to. Gale wandered inside slowly, managing his way to the table beside one of the chairs.

His head turned as the two entered the room.

Now, the last thing that Gale expected to see from Ricky was for him to be happy, and the second thing was to be excited. But shocked was rather... well, shocking. It shouldn't have been, seeing as Gale would have probably looked just as surprised as he did, but Gale was expecting something more like... disgust or... pure hatred or aggression or maybe even apathy. Gale didn't know, he wish he knew what was going on in that giant head of his but he couldn't.

So as nervously as one could possibly look, Gale managed to croak,"
Hello... Ricky." He must look so pathetic right now. He could feel his spine slithering away like the lousy snake it was already.

After Telion told the two to sit down, Gale didn't hesitate to. The last thing he wanted was Telion mad at him too, seeing as she clearly wasn't as upset about it as Ricky was. But women could put up some good fronts, so maybe she was furious. But he wanted to seem submissive anyway. If he did what they said, maybe he wouldn't be seen as much of a terrible person as he probably was. Maybe it was his way of apologizing without verbally saying it?

Gosh, why was he so confused over his own thoughts?

Gale starred at Ricky.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

All That You Know

Postby Ricky Maze on March 4th, 2015, 9:24 am

Gale had a moment to say hello and when he did, boy did Ricky's own stomach roll just then. There had been a wide amount of shock blended with a dose of utter confusion in the matter, and when Telion finally issued for them to sit Ricky only stood there with a soft glare towards the woman. Gale was quite obedient with the woman really, Ricky on the other hand... not so much. "Honey... What de petch is dis?" He managed to growl in a semi calm tone, his face already slightly turned a lighter shade of red as he crossed his arms.

"Sweetie, do me a favor... and sit y' arse down in the chair. Gale's not gonna bite, and neither are you." She crossed him with a tone and boy when she did, she held one fierce glare of her own towards the fisherman. With but a head turned aside to scoff Ricky gave in, knowing it would only do him trouble later on if he fought back, and took the other seat left at the table for them. "Wonderful. Now I'm sure the both of ya have a lot y' wanna say, so which one wants t' go first and be out with it?" She precariously insinuated with a sharp gaze deadlocked on Ricky, no doubt him being the one she intended to go first.

Daft bitch she is sometimes. He thought spitefully as he glanced over to Gale, then back down to the table in front of him with not a word to be said.

"Really. Is it that hard t' apologize Ricky? Y've been goin' on about it in yer sleep, an' whats worse ye only take t' hide yer inner thoughts which just makes things worse." She pointed out in a flustered manner. "We can't help ya if y' dunno how t' open up t' us dear!"

He looked up to her for a moment then back down to the table, the mark on his hand there to remind him of what he'd been given. Of what he should bear and share with those around him when times were hard, for that was part of the reason he had been marked was it not? "Oi'm sorry." He finally muttered without shifting his eyes at all. "Oi said some pretty nasty shyke last time we saw one anot'er... Oi didn't know how t' take everyt'in ye said, an' t' top it off lost me head an' did de most stupidest shyke Oi'd ever done." Finally he rested his hand on the table once more but his eyes remained averted, his heart already heavy with emotion as his eyes had started to water. He wouldn't allow himself the chance of crying though, tears weren't something he favored showing in front of others after all.

"Oi want ya t' know Gale... Oi still t'ink o' yew as Martin's Godfather, and o' course as a close friend if anyt'in..." He gulped down a lump in his throat that required him to clear it once that had passed. "Oi just hope ye still t'ink o' me de same way." He admitted with finger tips that tapped on the table anxiously, still he couldn't manage to look anywhere but the space before him, as he tried his very best to keep composed in front of the family gathered before him.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

All That You Know

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on March 24th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Common Vani Nari

The world would be a very different place without truth. And it would certainly be a better one without lies. But both existed, and not only exited, but coexisted on this world in a way that should never have to be discovered. The fine thread was so fragile, and with a single breathe, the world no longer was black and white like it was intended to be. It was a mess of greys that ruined- no- obliterated the truth and let lies spread like a fungus. It was a dreadful thing, really. It was awful.

Yet Gale had brought it upon himself when he had lied to the both of them.

It was so much harder to let yourself be free from it all than it was to just be caught in your own trap. It was easy to lie and be stuck in the grey pit. It was much harder to get out of it. It was the hardest to stay out of it.

Gale didn't fully understand why Telion had decided it was Ricky's duty to apologize to him. As if Ricky was the one in the grey. You can't make someone apologize when they only spoke the truth. You shouldn't make them. That was reprehending the innocent, telling them that what they did was wrong, even though it wasn't. It didn't make any sense. And the grey really started to blur together when Gale looked over to the man, seeing him with his head hung low, gulping down his pride.

The curly haired blonde looked at Telion, quirking an eyebrow into a long arch. He didn't speak his opinion to the women, fearing that she too would then be upset with him as well, but he didn't really like this one bit.

Mimicking the fisherman's movement by looking down at his hands, Gale flinched at the brief 'sorry' and short explanation. It wasn't right. It just wasn't right. The only person who said any load of shyke was himself. It was shyke because the conditions were shyke and the reasoning behind it was just a load of it. There was no way that Ricky was just going to accept his bloody grey cloud when his where just white puff or black sheep. Of course he wouldn't know how to take in what he said. Because it didn't make sense. You can't make sense of something that simply doesn't. To this day Gale still can't piece it together. And if anyone had lost their head, it certainly wasn't Ricky. Ricky didn't murder a man just to feel his blood on his face. Ricky didn't jump into the depths of the ocean to feel it fill his lungs. Ricky wasn't the one stuck in his own filth like a pig.

It was Gale. Gale was the one that had lost his mind, and like he admitted, Gale was the monster. The monster that needed to apologize. Not Ricky.

The man could feel his lungs starting to burn as he continued to hold his breathe. His exhale staggered and slightly painful. He hated it when he did that. but sometimes he couldn't help it.

Realizing what exactly the man was saying took a few moments to process, but once Gale had gone over the words correctly in his head, the exhale broke his train of thought causing him to audible sigh. Both out of relief and dismay. It was overwhelming how joyous he felt that Ricky didn't hate him into oblivion. It was wonderful news that he was still going to be a part of Martin's life. But what if that really wasn't the best?

Maybe Ricky was wrong to ask him to be Martin's godfather. Maybe it was best if he found someone else. Gale loved that boy like no other, but what if Gale was just not fit to be a godfather? Or a father at all? What if he wasn't fit to be a part of a family like this? Gale lost it with just a simple thought of losing them. Just the thought of Ricky being gone and Telion being gone made him want to disappear too. And Martin wasn't even his responsibility then. What if Martin was his responsibility? He would have let Ricky down, Martin would have either died or be put in the orphanage by some kinda stranger that heard his crying and saw him abandoned. Martin would have been alone. He could have died. And he would have been the cause.

Why would Ricky still want to trust a monster with his son? This whole grey thing is just so confusing.

With his fingers toying with the end of his shirt, Gale took a breath through his nose, sighing softly. "
Richard, I don't know why you would worry about what I thought of you." A smile poked through his lips. He tilted his head to look over at the man fondly. "But I guess it's just like you to worry and it's just like me to not understand." A laugh broke through his speech like a pin hole. "But no matter how confused I am by that brain of yours, I'll always consider you-" he looked at Telion,"all of you- my friends and my family." He looked at the table, still smiling,"Because your response was valid. I don't know what else I was expecting." His thumb brushed his nose as he sniffed. "It was a lot to put on you and it really wasn't fair of me to put you in that situation." The blonde suddenly chuckled. "But at least you took it all better than I did."

Gale placed his hands on the table, folding what fingers he had together. "
But I'm afraid I can't accept your apology Ricky. I can't let you take the blame for something that isn't your fault." His smile dimmed to just a shadow. "But I hope you can accept mine."

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

All That You Know

Postby Ricky Maze on April 1st, 2015, 8:33 am

While it seemed completely wrong for Ricky to likely be the one to apologize to Gale, what the artist had probably considered reasonable in his reaction wasn't by far the necessary one to follow, there were multiple ways to handle how their argument occurred and several of them were quite better compared to what actually did happen. But the past was revered as such for a reason, and as such when something already took place there was no way of changing its occurrence. Ricky hadn't been in the wrong on Gale's level but he still had been in the wrong on his own part, hitting Gale had gone over the boundaries as it was but the words that took place is where things went to far. Ever since then there had been nothing but a deep internal regret the father had been living with, and of course he'd allowed his stubborn pride to hide the fact he felt such a way inside. But Telion knew. She knew and she wasn't going to let this get the better of him, which is why she had forced this confrontation on her own terms, and now the two were faced with the situation of their own mishaps and had little choice but to settle it for good.

At last though Gale's response soon reached his ear and sure enough Ricky felt mutuality occur with his close friend, sure the Godfather would feel understanding as to why Ricky took the responsibility as his own, as well as only attempt as to why it was that Ricky would do so. By the sound of it Ricky probably placed most of the blame on himself because deep down he truly felt he was to blame, even though they were on equal measures of the ground. Yet the father smiled as he listened to Gale call him, all three of them, both friends and family to the courier. And of course he soon reflected a refusal of the apology in turn, only bearing the heart of his own with regards to how the event played out that unexpected day. It had caught Ricky off guard but nonetheless failed to surprise him, granted he could've seen it coming already since Gale was pretty good at that kind of stuff. It brought a chuckle out of the fisherman as he crossed his arms then, a thumb brought up to his eyes as he pretended to have an itch within them. "Well damn. Honestly Oi'd 'ave t' refuse too mate. Ye say me reaction was verified but Oi consider it over de top!" He mused with another chuckle that sounded shorter than the previous.

"Really t'ough, de way Oi see it we both kinda acted roughly d'at day. Oi'd been an ass an' ye were just goin' out on a whim, hopin' Oi could've handled de situation better." He admitted along with a soft nod in the process. "Telion's always given me lip 'bout how headstrong an' impulsive Oi git, guess Oi'm rather lucky she knows de best way t' deal wit' it." She laughed quietly as she continued to moderate their conversation, her attention more or less focused on Martin while the rest sorted itself out. "So really Oi can accept yer apology mate, but ye gotta be willin' t' accept mine all de same." He finally added as he looked over to Gale with a soft wry grin, he then extended a hand out in a friendly manner for the artist to shake. It had always been a symbol of resolve and understanding between men, and it stood no differently in this situation given the circumstances at hand.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

All That You Know

Postby Net on September 5th, 2016, 3:55 pm

Ricky – Please go through your Character Sheet and address the following issue:
Most people list it in their thread list like so:

Fall 515AV Threads
15th - Observing The Trees! - 5 xp Observation, Lores: Trees: How to Identify them, Tree Species: Oak, Elm, Hemlock traits.
30th - People Watching - 5 xp Observation, Lores: (list of lores here)
45th - Searching For A Cure - 2 xp Observation, +5 Medicine. Lores: (insert lores here)
60th - Socializing In The Park - 4 xp Socialization (list of lores here)

We've always required this to be TRACKED in your CS. If you aren't tracking this in your CS, then you need to go back through ALL YOUR THREAD AWARDS and backtrack and track it from the beginning.

You can find the full post in the Founder's PSA thread; page 7 labeled: Character Sheets!
Gale: If you would like your grade and you are returning please feel free to throw me a PM and I will grade this for you.

Thank you to Sayana for this lovely template.
I will be handling all Zeltiva related posts on Tuesdays @ 1800 my time *
Net
Ensnaring

Words: 46023
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 4:39 am
Race: Staff account
Office