Closed [Kabrin Road] Ice Clay and Flesh (Archailist)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Kabrin Road] Ice Clay and Flesh (Archailist)

Postby Revy Hiroe on February 18th, 2015, 12:39 am

Stalinsa still wasn't impressed by those guys. Apparently they didn't know what the knights expected at all. Perhaps a bit of.. persuasion was in place. "Well, don't blame me if you are the one hanging from the gallows. You do realize that the knights punish ANYONE who breaks the rules right? And something like murder, well let's say you won't be working in the mines for that." She didn't really care if the Vantha were gonna be suspicious of that knowledge. It was the truth.

However, there were a couple other ways she could persuade them if the first didn't work. "Besides, does it hurt you guys to allow me to take care of that little piece of clay? I doubt he's even conscious, let alone alive. And if we are going to be trialed, I at least want the four of us to be together.", she continued on. "We've been through a lot together, so even if we're walking towards our death, I want us to stick together." Of course the last part was a blatant lie, but they didn't know. For all they knew the four of them were supposed to be bandits.

Glancing over to her unconscious squire, Theresa sighed. "Can I at least have some cloth, so I can take care of her wound? If we don't treat it, she'll be dead before we reach the city and how are you going to explain that then? Like: Oh because we pulled an arrow out of her foot, she bled to death? We had to pull it out otherwise we couldn't take their armour for ourselves? I'm sure the knights will just 'love' that."

Her nickname of silvertongue really shone through here. She didn't once doubt that she at least put some doubt into that guy. Her aim right now was to at least take care of Archailist and Revy. Get them back to Syliras and have them treated. And at the same time, get these guys thrown into the tank to await their trial of attacking knights out of the blue, like bandits, and proceed to try and steal their equipment. "Just stay calm, Iros. I'll make sure we get back safe and sound. I doubt that they'd believe us if we claimed to be knights anyway, seeing how little they know about the rules of our city.", she whispered.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Archailist on February 19th, 2015, 8:18 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Stalinsa's feelings with the Vantha were mutual. Neither were or any of his associates for that matter impressed with the bull-headed stubborness they kept pressing. Stalinsa didn't seem to understand that she had no say in what was going to happen over the next several bells. If anything, they could turn around and kill all of them.. sure, they'd face consequences later when knights came across their bodies. That didn't mean that they couldn't do it though. Far from it. The more she pressed her case, the closer the Vantha came to just doing it and moving on.

Unfortunately, he couldn't. Neither could he listen to her any longer. "Fi-ne. In exchange for your si-lence and co-operation, you will be all-owed to carry your t-wo injured." Afterwards, he wheeled back on the others behind them and called out a few words in Vani. There was a short back-and-forth that even became heated, with spears thrust in the general direction of the two knights still standing, angry expressions and curses, both Common and in convoluted tones, before they dove into the woolen packs on their back to hand over some strips of cloth to Stalinsa.

"I'll tell y-ou now, though. Y-ou run.. yo-u try anything at all between here and Sigh-leer-ras.. we leaving bo-th of them behind." Just because he'd 'sucked it up' and given in to their pleas did not mean that he was relenting to them just because they put up a marginally decent argument. It meant that he didn't really want to seem like a horrible person.. after all, he wasn't. Just a few travelers who happened to be experienced in combat, coming across who they could only guess to be equally-dangerous people and taking necessary action.

"If murder serves ti-me in the gallows, I assure y-ou, they will be for y-ou. Yours tried, mor-e than once. It's self-defense. We'll just tell them that w-e couldn't carry you.. because w-e can't. It's hard enough making these long journey's wi-thout slavers and thieves like y-ou, thinking yo-u can take whatever you wa-nt and attack whoever you please." With that, he finally turned back and begun the long walk again - after leaving some adequate time for Ser Iros to scoop up the crumpled clay squire and hold him gently between his cupped palms. Sera Stalinsa was given time as well to tie the wounds and pick up the unconscious Revy. There'd be no help through any of it though.. none barring that from Ser Iros.

In fact, for the entire journey, down to Syliras, the only thing they could look forward to was spears pressed against their backs.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 4th, 2015, 9:12 pm

Sera Stalinsa saw to Revy's wound on her foot, after having received the cloth from these... Vantha. All she did was just wrap it up tight. she didn't have much knowledge in addressing wounds, so it would have to suffice. But her main concern wasn't the wound on her foot, it was the one in her shoulder. It would make getting her back much harder, but treatment of it was gonna be hard too. Most likely she'd be screaming at the top of her lungs when they'd be removing it.

"Ser Iros, can I count on you to carry Revy when I can't anymore? I dont think I can carry her all the way.", she asked Iros. He wasn't gonna respond positively most likely, but that was her own fault. In the end, it would prove that she didn't quite need the help, though the last bit of distance she felt the spears of their captors in her back quite often. After all, Revy was a grown woman, well toned and rather big.

Back at Syliras Orelia's group had already finished their rounds and she was one of the few waiting. That was just great, just what Theresa could use at this moment. The woman who hated her guts. "Oh, what is this? Theresa, where's your armour. Where are your weapons..... and what's up with your squire?", Orelia asked. Well.. a situation like this wasn't common so that woman probably didn't sneer because of it, she was probably just a bit surprised.

Though she was still held at spearpoint, she asked Orelia to get their sergeant knight. She had a whole lot of explaining to do and she was probably going to be in trouble, but what came first was treatment for Revy. For that she needed someone with a bit more authority then a regular knight like herself. "I just hope Sarge can deal with these guys a bit better then I can. After all... he does speak Vantha, though not fluently.", she told Iros.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Archailist on March 10th, 2015, 8:50 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

Arch's wounds were comparatively mild. Being a Pycon, he could not lose blood.. he could not break bones. For all the battering he'd taken, it was all merely temporary.. a bit of clay ingested and he'd be fine. That didn't mean that he wasn't rather disturbing to look at. Limbs twisted in the wrong directions and his entirely body sunk in a way that was entirely unnatural. Though his body was pretty sturdy, the Akalak held him with the delicacy given to a wilting flower - cupped with both hands, tucked in tight against his chest as they walked to try and prevent the rattling of their steps from jolting him any further than he'd already been thrown about.

"We can swap, if you wish. Squi--.. Archailist is much smaller and lighter. He will be easier on you." Though the Akalak had been stabbed more times than he could count before those spears were pressed firmly against his back, there was still enough strength in his arms to carry the poor girl to safety. If there wasn't, then Wysar could be damned. He'd not devoted most of his life thus far to sculpting his body into that of the ultimate beacon of strength if it wasn't going to come in useful when needed. He'd pick Revy up as a human might pick up a cat, if he was needed. Not even the odd stares from other knights, squires and citizens on their approach to the city would damn his grasp.

If any of the Vantha were daunted by the towering castle, they didn't show much of it as they kept their weapons brandished clearly. It must have look especially odd, one way or another. More like slaves being pushed into the city than knights confronting their apparent wrong-doing. "I hope you've spent the last few moments of your freedom well, shyke." The leader passed Sera Stalinsa on his way to the front of the little group of armoured men and nudged her hard with the sheathed edge of one of the swords they'd pillaged. "We'll take good care of all these things.. not like you'll have much need for them after they execute you." He was obviously taking some sick delight in just the thought.. though perhaps it was just, in his eyes, honest payback for whatever crimes they'd committed against him.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on March 16th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Though she was still unconscious, Revy still moaned in pain from time to time. It was quite concerning, especially since Theresa couldn't get a look at that wound her squire had. As a result, she stood there tapping her foot waiting for her superior to come. "Iros, once sarge is here, we can get our squires some good first aid. Seems like they both need it.", she said. It didn't matter if these vantha could understand, they were the ones in trouble.

About a few chimes later, a small Isur appeared. He carried a massive, or at least so it seemed for his posture, widowmaker on his back. "Theresa, explain the situation. And you Vantha, lower your weapons. You don't need to keep them raised, you are in Syliras.", he barked. Though he was just a sergeant, it didn't mean he wouldn't expect people to disobey his orders.

Theresa tried to straighten her back as much as she could with, but she still had Revy there. "Sir! Ser Iros, Squire Archailist, Squire Revy and me were on patrol. Due to a word fight I had with Ser Iros, we got seperated a little. Not too long after, these guys jumped out of the bushes. One shot Revy with a crossbow, the bolt's still sticking out of her arm, I proceeded to take him out.", she started. "I went to join up with Ser Iros, together with Revy and..."

It was at that moment that Ser Steelarms interrupted his subordinate. "Ok, I know enough. Knights, seize these men and see to it that Ser Iros, Sera Theresa and their squires receive medical attention.", he barked at Theresa's fellow knights. He then proceeded to turn to these Vantha. "You guys made a grave mistake in attacking knights on duty. You'll be thrown into the tank until your sentence is decided. Welcome to Syliras, city of virtue."
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Marrick Corvis on April 5th, 2015, 3:42 am

Grades

Revy Hiroe

Skills Earned
Observation +5xp
Animal Husbandry +1xp
Riding +3xp
Rhetoric +3xp
Socialization +5xp
Glaive +1xp
Endurance +2xp
Persuasion +1xp

Lore Learned
Social Lore: Archailist
World Lore: Basic Knowledge of Pycons
Social Lore: Sera Theresa, Silver Tongue

Shield Points +7 Patron involvement 1/patrol 6

Aftermath: Your wounds were severe. Once You entered the city you were brought immediately to Soothing waters where your wounds were seen to by a Gnosis Healer. You will be required two days of R and R Followed by three days of light duty. After that you are back to duty.

Archailist

Skills Earned
Observation +5xp
Socialization +5xp
Riding +2xp
Rhetoric +2xp
Acrobatics +3xp
Endurance +2xp
Pypole +1xp

Lore Learned
Social Lore: Revy Hiroe
Social Lore: A Knight involves himself in the community

Shield Points +7 Patron involvment 1/Patrol 6

Aftermath - Due to the your extreme case of pancake you will require some time elasticizing your clay. It will take you roughly a week to a week and a half of ingesting clay, and flushing unwanted bits of the forest floor before your able to take on new shapes. I would also suggest that Archailist seem a little more "Flat" from now on after such a trauma, but I'll leave that up to you.

Notes: This was a monster thread guys. I wish I could have given you both more points, however you maxed out at least two a piece. Thanks for the read.
Marrick Corvis
Rest under my Wing

Words: 268368
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 12:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Previous