[Sullin's Residence]A Twisting of a Turning[Xii]

Clyde and Xii meet once more to work more on morphing.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 24th, 2015, 11:47 pm

Clyde smiled and shook his head, a bit surprised by Xii's response. Though not totally. After all permanently attaching ones fate to another was not an easy thing.

Clearly the girl had ambition, but at the moment that ambition was acting against her. She was overeager, she overreached, and was likely to get herself killed if she kept going as she was currently. Clyde if nothing else found that likely, that the oath might end up saving her, and keep her from getting herself into trouble. But he didn't want another mindless slave who simply followed orders. So in that regard his plans for Xii did coincide with what the girl wanted.

Sort of.

“Well first I'd state that if you keep going as you are, your likely to get yourself killed. Then it won't matter what you want to do. I think if nothing else this oath would do well to limit you for your own good. But so long as your actions aren't directed at me, and don't involve you overgiving with magic, your overall actions would not be limited. You'd be free for the most part to pursue what you wish to. And while I'll likely be known in Ravok as being attached to you, the same might not be true in other places.”

“I won't be needing you to do things all the time, likely most of your time will be free to your own pursuits. And the way you do the things I ask will be up to you, to find a solution and way.”

“Honestly in Ravok at least, so long as you aren't seen as opposing or defaming Rhysol, there likely won't be too much you can do that will besmirch my name. Besides that... I'd just advise doing what you do well, and perhaps without being noticed. If you can do the thing without being caught, then how would it reflect at all upon me?”

“So since in Ravok you'd be within the norm... And in other places, we likely would not be known as connected even if we worked together... I doubt it'd be a problem. If it might be, then you'd be in as much trouble for getting caught, and so wouldn't be likely to do such a thing in a way to get you in trouble, right?”

“Besides that... I'd suppose it would also be possible to in some ways distance yourself from me, or to make it clear that in an action you were acting on your own and not for me, and in that case... It also perhaps wouldn't reflect on me, and so you'd be free to do as you'd wish.”

Clyde wasn't certain if that would answer the questions or not, but did his best to answer Xii's issues. Better to solve them now, instead of during the signing.

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Xii on April 25th, 2015, 12:16 am

The first thing Sullins said was one of those things that made Xii think she thought different from most people. He said that it wouldn't matter what she wanted if she got herself killed. She, on the other hand, thought that it was well worth the risk to go for the things that she wanted.

"So even if I do something that may affect my reputation... it won't affect yours in a way that would stop me from doing what I want..." she repeated, wondering if that was right or if she'd overlooked something. It was more than reputations at stake, though, wasn't it? If she got in trouble, like big trouble, and people were angry enough... they might drag Clyde into it. Would that count as directly ~or indirectly~ undermining him?

Maybe not, if she hadn't meant for something like that to happen, and if she took the proper precautions. So she'd just have to do what he said. Be sneaky enough to not get caught... not that she had ever planned on getting caught before. But it could happen. While she did think rather highly of herself she knew that others could be more skilled.

So she should be sneaky... that, or she should figure out a way to distance Sullins from her, at least publically, so that people didn't connect the two of them. Or both.

She wasn't currently up to thinking out the exact ways to do such a thing, but after she'd rested and had time to plan, she'd probably be able to come up with something.

Despite her questions being answered ~for the most part~ she still felt herself hesitate at this 'grand oath' that she would have to take... especially since Sullins apparently wouldn't have to take it. But, as was her usual thinking... the risk was probably worth the reward. So she nodded, wincing, and said, "Alright. I'll do it then. But I want a copy of the words if it's something that has to be written down. What do we have to do?"
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Xii is "speaking Pavi" and also signing Pavi Note
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Words: 143088
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Elias Caldera on May 24th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Behold, Your Just Rewards!

Clyde Sullins

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Meditation +1
  • Drawing +1
  • Composition +1
  • Planning +1
  • Auristics +1
  • Storytelling +1
  • Morphing +1
  • Weapon: Staff +1
  • Persuasion +2
  • Negotiation +1
  • Intimidation +1

Lores
  • Hypnotism: Easier to Influence Animals
  • Auristics: A Dog's Aura
  • Cha: Channeling Morphing
  • Morphing: Altering a Magic Staff
  • Morphing: A Dog's Paw
  • Morphing: Not Letting Go of Yourself

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • None

Loot and Expenses
  • None

Xii

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Socialization +2
  • Planning +1
  • Observation +5
  • Writing +1
  • Drawing +1
  • Meditation +1
  • Morphing +2
  • Endurance +1
  • Negotiation +1

Lores
  • Hypnotism: Easier to Influence Animals
  • Auristics: A Dog's Aura
  • Recognizing Worth
  • Morphing: A Dog's Paw
  • Morphing: Valuing Self
  • The Grand Oath

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • Xii has Overgiven, and aside from its physical effects on her body, she will also find her mind just as troubled. Headaches will plague her at random for the next 3 Days, and dark, vivid dreams of her body morphing painfully out of control will torture her attempts to sleep for the following Week.
  • Xii's nose, after being struck by Clyde's staff, will remain bruised and sore for next 2 Days.
  • A blundered morphing attempt upon her hand has left it grossly swollen and difficult to use. Her thumb in particular will continue to give Xii problems for the next week unless taken care of by a professional. The swelling, stiffness, and pain across the rest of her hand however, will fade completely after only just 4 Days.

Loot and Expenses
  • -6 SM [3 Pieces of Parchment]
  • +1 Morphing Scroll [Given the circumstances of the failed Morphing attempt that went into creating this scroll, it should be considered incredibly risky to use and very dangerous. There is a chance however, that it may indeed contain a proper and functioning dog's paw stored within.]

Comments :
    Poor Xii; teased with great magics, overgave, smacked in the face with a stick and soon to be shackled to a powerful and crazy evil mage...

Clyde, I found a couple of the lores you requested were already covered by some general lores you currently have.

It was a big thread however, so if either of you think I've missed anything, don't hesitate to let me know.

Don't Forget...

Now that your thread is graded, be sure to edit your grade request. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message and we'll work it out together.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous