Timothy's scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Estrellir Konrath on June 21st, 2015, 10:49 am

The lore says Konti often appear to be 15 or 16 years old even if they're much older, so I like to think I'm doing a good job in that regard. :P

But what you say makes sense. All of it. Game of Thrones comes to mind - the Stark children and a few other characters were younger originally than they look in the series. They didn't even pretend they're the same age as in the books, they simply made them older. (That's probably an exception though, given the amount of violence and adult scenes!) But yes, I totally agree that you should play to your character's age. And I think many people shy away from child characters simply because it's hard getting into their mindset - just like writing children's books seems easy at first, but is actually quite difficult to get right.

Also, love your music snippets. Please post more of those!

Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on June 28th, 2015, 12:49 am

Stuff

I am glad to find someone who agrees with me lol. I must say, now that I look back at it I am not nearly as passionate about the whole subject now as I was then. Oh well, sometimes you just gotta vent a little I suppose.

I've been telling people left and right that I won't have any time to write posts until next Wednesday. There are several assignments I need to turn in and have to score a passing grade on. Not really because I messed up earlier but because college has a very high standard. We're practically not allowed to fail anything if we want to pass to the next year.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a work-in-progress with you all. I am spending far too much time on what's just going to be a painted background image, but I am having fun with it and the picture reminded me of Timothy.

Also, I won't lie: I did use a photo reference. (Which I can recommend to everyone looking to practice their drawing/3D skills. Good reference is everything!) I am especially pleased with the hair. Most of the time I've drawn I ended up with spaghetti hair but I recently learned a few tricks to improve it. One such trick is to keep in mind that hair has volume and that volume can be brought out by drawing in a sheen.

Without further ado:

Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Sayana on June 28th, 2015, 2:40 am

That's a fabulous drawing/painting or however you're doing it. You're very talented.

By the way, I think Firenze is working on a lore article for the drawing skill and the painting skill.
--- Shameless plug for comments/peer reviewing once she's done---
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on September 6th, 2015, 9:02 pm

Mizahar has been on my mind a lot, and I've checked in a couple of times in the past few weeks. For whatever reason however, I haven't been able to get a word down. I don't believe in muse at all. Even now I know what threads I need to reply to and what I will write. The replies are already in my head but, I just can't seem to bring myself to actually take the time to sit down and type.

As frustrating as it is for me, it must be at least twice as annoying for my threading partners who I've kept waiting for far too long now.

I don't dare to make any promises right now, out of fear of breaking them, but I'll say this: I'll try my damn hardest to catch up completely before the end of this week.

Unfortunately for my threading partners: the threads in most dire need of finishing are solo job threads. I really need to finish those first because I am behind on paying seasonal wages. Once those are complete I'll address the other threads.

@Sayana I am really looking forward to get going on Alvadas with you and Nepthi. So sorry that I've been so absent lately. It's not out of disinterest. I just need to get back into the swing of writing...

EDIT: It really feels like a weight has been lifted now that I've written this. Already I can sense new ideas take shape in some dark corner of my mind. Maybe I was just afraid to show my face here after so many weeks...I can't tell for sure. It feels good to have a plan of action though.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on February 19th, 2016, 9:20 pm

The Return of The King!

There's something about Mizahar that makes me come back. I didn't plan to disappear for as long as I did, nor as suddenly. Yet it happened, and now I am here again, wiping the dust away and salvaging that which can be salvaged.

I don't think it helps to dwell on the past to much. I have made both OOC and IC mistakes before my sudden departure. I've learned from those mistakes and I am determined to apply what I've learned going forward.

However, an apology needs to be made for leaving so abruptly. I am sorry to those who I left in the dark. I am sorry to those who counted on me here. I should've communicated my departure much more clearly. I know this now, and should a similar situation arise, I'll let my actions then (which will hopefully be better) speak for themselves.

One of the key mistakes I've kept on making with Timothy is that I kept on changing plans of what I wanted to do with him. But no more! I am going back into Mizahar with an actual plan. A plan I've written down and printed out. A plan I can always fall back onto. Something to bring much needed consistency into the live of Timothy Mered.

I am thrilled to see Kenash open its gates once more. When Spring comes I'll enter the ambiguous city once more and start afresh. Part of my plan, and I'll put it here so someone can call me out on it if I change my mind, is to stay in Kenash for the foreseeable future. Hopefully a full year, if it will stay open for that long (I sure hope it will!).

Last but not least, I want to do more grading. I'll start by becoming what I like to call 'grading neutral'. For every thread I submit for grading, I'll grade somebody else's. To me that seems the least I can do to keep Mizahar sustainable :)

I am looking forward to threading with all you poor sods who cross Timothy's path :)

Also, new composition! (for a horror game set in grannies house. When she is away her garden gnomes come to live and haunt the player):

Last edited by Timothy Mered on February 22nd, 2016, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Ssezzkero on February 21st, 2016, 3:42 pm

Oh yay! You're back! I won't be near you in Kenash, so we won't get to play unfortunately, but I can't wait to see you around! :D
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Previous