Musings and Delirium (Adelaide's Scrapbook)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Coryphee on September 22nd, 2014, 6:36 pm

Salutations!

Daegron! I feel bad now... I decided to move Coryphee from Ravok to Lhavit. I almost wish I could switch back but I think it best to avoid looking too fickle. We could do a flashback though? I'd really like that. :D

So, apart from that - I've decided to post another video thing. This time a music video for the biggest current Belgian pop star in the world (Okay, that might not be saying a lot, but he is immensely popular in all the French-speaking world)

So, yeah... Stromae.

*Sneaks off to write*
Coryphee
A Shapeshifting Desert Mongrel

Words: 42242
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2014, 12:55 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Adelaide Sitai on July 8th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Oh my goodness! Adelaide is back in town, namely the good ol' town of Kenash! *Throws macaroons* New storyteller and I'm excited to find out what is in store for Kenash! *Throws meringue*

So, I'm back and it looks like Ade's father is about to die, which is okay. I mean, not okay for Ade who is probably going to spiral into some melodramatic depression but okay for the character development.

So, lovely to see that there's something going on! People: message me if you want a thread. I will leave a musical tribute. I feel like this song could describe Adelaide's outlook on life in the upcoming season. I mean, her father will have just died.

And 'cause I'm feeling really kind, I leave you with this work of brilliance. It is. It is brilliant. Anybody who disagrees will be banned from my scrapbook! Except, not really. 'Cause free speech and all that jazz. But how can you not love a group of Germans named after Genghis Khan singing about the capital of Russia? In the 1970s? And did I mention they did another song in a similar vein on Eurovision? *So happy*

Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Adelaide Sitai on July 10th, 2015, 9:22 pm

So, I'm currently in Madrid, living it up in my awesome hotel (alright not mine... yet ;) with a flight back to my sort-of-beloved England tomorrow morning)

I've been really living up my love for French music recently. Seriously. I think 70% of the music I listen to is French. There's just something that appeals to me. A poetry in the lyrics and a nuance in the music that just emotionally gets me. Like, emotional Anglo-Saxon songs are just too in your face. Power ballads? Please, no.

So, I shall leave another two musical tributes. The first is Tri Yann 'Si mors a mort' which is based on a medieval poem written at Anne de Bretagne's death. It has a slightly medieval feel about it and a hopeful approach to death. It's just gorgeous.

My other great love currently is William Sheller. A classically trained musician with a beautiful voice and a very distinctive style. Continuing the medieval theme, I offer 'Excalibur' - which is just stunning and aragagaf - makes me feel all beautiful and happy and glowing with energy and strength inside. I don't think it's his best either: 'Le nouveau monde' also has a similar effect on me, and 'Les filles de l'Aurore', 'Un home heureux', 'Vienne' and 'Carnet a spirale' are also all perfect. Really, this is, for me, a true "eargasm". You might not agree, but I give you the chance to. Also, stick it out. The songs always start off slow (not that I don't love that, actually) then get dramatic.

Adelaide Sitai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Adelaide Sitai on July 13th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Back home in the UK - it's grey, but I like that.

So, I'm currently suffering a little from a broken heart - and I can't even really vent properly because it was not a good relationship, and one where both of us were guilty of behaving badly. The only problem is that, me being me, I'm not entirely heartbroken. I wish I were, because then it would be easier to get back up and recover. And I'm really good at recovering from things that might take longer with a normal person, because I have a certain lack of illusions about life. I believe in never looking back. As it is, things never ended properly and I'm not sure whether it's worth moving on without being certain of how things stand. I can't help but be hopeful because, even though it was a relationship built on deceit - though not of each other - it was the most comfortable I'd ever been in any kind of romantic relationship. One where I truly felt comfortable with being myself.

In nicer news, I now have a direction to go in Mizahar-wise, and it's hopefully an overarching plot, so it should be fun. In fact, I have three overarching plots which will slowly be developed in the future. WOO! Direction is a good thing to have.

And I leave you with the earworm I'm currently playing, which I absolutely love. Yes, it's Madonna. Yes, you've all heard it before... but come on! La Isla Bonita is brilliant. I know you can find better songs with Latin rhythms, but this is still a classic. Enjoy!

Adelaide Sitai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Estrellir Konrath on July 20th, 2015, 9:46 pm

Reading a bunch of your solos, I have detected at least two of your three overarching plots and they all sound very exciting!

So in honor of new stories, have a new boxcode! Ade's musings about time inspired me, so it just fell together in a matter of minutes. Feel free to use it... or not.

Also, I will get around to writing up our thread these days!

Secret :
Code: Select all
[center][style=width:600px; padding-top:50px; padding-bottom:50px; background-color: #ded4bf; color: #729c94; margin-top:auto; margin-bottom:-30px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto; font-size: 100%;][indent][googlefont=Abril Fatface][right][size=150]Timestamp
Some Other Info[/size][/right][/googlefont]

[googlefont=Milonga][left]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.[/left][/indent][/googlefont][/style]
[img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=47491[/img][/center]

Timestamp
Some Other Info

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 7th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Estrellir! It's so purty-ful! *Hugs*

I've had to, unfortunately, change some of the story arcs slightly, in light of my migration from Kenash to Zeltiva or Riverfall - not sure which, but there are pluses to both.

Life is getting to me a little, currently, but I'm fighting back a bit. I've been diagnosed with a mild form of BPD, which is okay - but I'm asking for a second opinion, just to be sure.

My current musical love is Dalida. All the Dalida. All the time. And a bit of Bob Marley because, well, 'I shot the sheriff' is a classic. The other thing I'm loving right now, more than ever, is 'The Cut's' 100 years of beauty series. They just keep getting better, and I love the information videos which go with each episode. India and Mexico (Oh, but also the Philippines and Germany - in fact, all of them. Argh I love this series) are possibly my favourites, though, and a good contrast, so I'm sharing both of those.

Inherently, this series teaches you that the 80s were a bad time for everybody ;)
Last edited by Adelaide Sitai on April 21st, 2020, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adelaide Sitai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 9th, 2015, 9:09 pm

As though I didn't have enough to do, I've started blogging again!

Yes, I used to blog. I used to have a Fashion and Style blog, specifically. My new one? Kind of still in that vein, but not really. On top of that, I have like six penfriends I have to write replies for, and a Costume design application which I have four days to finish... and have not yet started. Whoopsy daisy!

In Mizahar terms, we no longer have a Debauchery in Kenash which, big whoop, I was expecting. They had disappeared for quite a while. This means that I'm now forced to migrate elsewhere. I'm currently deciding whether I want to head Zeltiva-wards or Riverfall-wards, though bearing in mind I've never, ever RPed in Riverfall, it's looking increasingly tempting. Zeltiva will always be my first love, but it's good to try new things.

I'm trying Yoga. My quest to get my weight down to 50 kilos is currently faltering dreadfully and unfortunately faltering near the 60 kilo mark, thanks in part to a gift hamper full of wonderful delights from Fortnum & Masons. Evidently, only eating salad is causing an issue to my happiness, if not my health. I have therefore decided to try exercise. I also want to be able to put both my legs behind my head... at the same time, 'cause currently I can just about manage to force one over. Also, I want to be able to do the splits. I am a maniac on the dance floor, and doing the splits then jumping up again is a move I'd dearly love to pull out. Watch this space.
Last edited by Adelaide Sitai on January 24th, 2019, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adelaide Sitai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Estrellir Konrath on August 10th, 2015, 7:51 am

We should get together sometime and discuss this migration thing. I can't decide between Zeltiva and RF too, although I'm currently leaning away from RF because my alt was planted there.

Also, good luck on the yoga front! Your photo is absolutely gorgeous - you do look like Amelie. Can't see where you need to lose weight. :P

Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Marion Kay on August 10th, 2015, 8:33 am

Just popping by with some friendly and wholly self-serving pressure. I'd love to see Adelaide -- and your writing -- in RF. And I'm really bad at thinking of ideas for Amphitheater plays, so... .

As for the exercise regimen, writing it down and letting others know your goals is definitely a great way to kick it off. I'll be sending good vibes your way.
Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Words: 177003
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 8:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)