One Does Not Simply Compare(Ball)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Sekai on December 19th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Vani | Common | Ancient Language
5th of Winter, 514 AV, 9th Bell

Sekai sighed as she walked absentmindedly, without a single thought or goal of where to go. She would have wanted to practice magic, but it seemed something important and serious has been raised, as Syliras is now requires anyone who practices or teaches the arcane to have a special permit.

"On the bright side, we still have a season before it comes into full affect.", she muttered to herself, as she looked at her hand. Perhaps she'll have to use her time to its fullest this Winter, otherwise there may be no other chance until she leaves the city.

Taking a corner, she noticed something....unusual. It appeared to be....a small figure, maybe the size of an average doll on the market. However, this figure looked almost like something out of a vivid hallucination, with the pupil-less eyes and brownish clay color. Discounting all these odd appearances, the most unusual part ways that it looked somewhat....humane?

Stopping when she got within three meters of it, she crouched down to stare right at it. Whatever it was, it had certainly piqued Sekai's interests.
Last edited by Sekai on January 6th, 2015, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sekai
Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Words: 48382
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2013, 1:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on January 5th, 2015, 3:44 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

NOTEBall is Brown, not yellow… I need to readjust that color I think…

Ball turned his attention to the girl that crouched down before him, he was just minding… Well, everyone else’s business as that was his job. Narrowing his single eye he grimaced, “You are in my way.” Granted, that wasn’t too difficult to do, he was only three inches tall, his dog was sitting beside him in the middle of the cobblestone corridor. If it wasn’t for the small rapier at his side, one would expect him to be just a toy.

Ball didn’t feel the need to explain himself as he turned to his mount and climbed abroad it. The brown clayman looked around before he nudge the dog in its side and started slowly down the hall, it was an easy enough pace to walk with, but the pycon’s gaze was pretty steadily scanning, for someone or something maybe?

There didn’t appear to be any danger or need for the order so he sighed and stopped Imass before turning back to the girl, “Can I help you find something? One of our fine inns maybe? Or maybe the employment or order offies?”

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sekai on January 8th, 2015, 7:34 am

Sekai continued to carefully scrutinize the clay doll, finding its use of the dog as a mount quite intriguing. Adaptation to environment was a phrase that jumped into the forefront of her mind, before it was quickly set aside for further though later on. Her main focus was the clay doll. The fact that it could talk, and presuming from its words, that it could feel the emotion 'annoyance', was also interesting.

When it turned to look back at her with its one eye and asked if she needed help, Sekai stayed silent, not moving for ten ticks. She reached out and picked up the clay doll, peering at it. Turning it around, and looking over every facet she could think off, before holding it right side up, staring into its eye again.

"Although it is just clay, the ability to move and talk is quite interesting. Perhaps it is hidden joins? Not to mention the fact that it has the ability to communicate fluently with others. The process of language and emotions, maybe a person was the concept?", she had muttered, mostly to herself, before finally speaking to the clay doll.

"Who made you?", with a rather curious tone, and no malicious intentions behind the words.

OOCDo whatever kind of punishment you feel like to Sekai! Just try not to go too far :D!
Sekai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on January 13th, 2015, 3:35 pm

Ball was approached once again, this caused his mount to unleash a growl in warning. Yet she got closer, Ball forced his dog to remain in place, yet the growling little fluffy dog apparently wasn’t enough. “Unhand me.” Yet his words seemed to go on deaf ears as she started to turn him around! This was annoying the little squire. His anger wasn’t visibly showing… yet, but her poor hands were going to feel it soon enough.

When she finally righted him in her hand Ball stared into her face before lifting a foot and forcing the full weight of his being down through the little foot as he drilled it down into her hand. The five pounds of weight forced into a striking force of less than in inch in circumference. Yet the pyken artist wasn’t done there, if he did succeed in the connection of that the impact wouldn’t be registered immediately as his foot graced her hand and then lightening forward and landed against the fleshy part of his holder’s palm just before her wrist.

As his body shift with it Ball twisted so his once anchored foot was airborne, the foot that moved forward replacing the anchored foot. As soon as his feet were in place Ball brought the airborne foot down against her wrist, once more dropping his full weight into the dropping foot. This one he would leave in connection and noticeable.

Of course, if his first attack failed the Pycon would find himself falling on his arse or falling through the air towards the ground, and Imass would react by barrel rushing Sekai in attempt to protect his master and to catch the little three inch squire.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sekai on January 15th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Strange as the clay doll may be, Sekai was no at all expecting it to retaliate against her handling of it. She could only watch in shock as the clay down moved, doing a series of footwork, landing the first strike on her palm. Unable to react in time, she only stared as it seemingly drop kicked at the point between the heel of her hand and her wrist.

Immediately recoiling, she dropped and jumped back away from the clay doll, before wincing. The pain was setting in now, and it was setting in hard. Lightly cradling her right hand against herself with her left, she glared at the clay doll. "Extremely volatil-kuh....volatile...", she muttered, wincing as even the slightest movement caused the pain to flare from her hand, feeling akin to multiple jagged, red hot needles drilling into her body.

Looking down at her hand, she grimaced. She couldn't tell what kind of injuries had the doll done to her, but it was clear that she might need to look for someone to assist with her hand. At the very least, the pain was unbearable. Gritting her teeth, she warily watched the doll. If it or its mount moved closer, she would take a step back.
Sekai

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on May 5th, 2015, 9:34 pm

OOCSorry totally botched this post in regards to shortness, and sorry it is so late… If you want to wrap it up and turn it in I understand.

Ball glared up at Sekai, he had no response to her muttering it seemed as if he had no care in the world at that point other than finding his way from her hand down to the ground. Pointing forward he looked that way then paused, muttering something about the Soothing Waters and then shook his head and lowered his hand before turning the other direction.

“The Soothing Waters is that way.” he pointed behind Sekai, “Want me to come with and pay the bill for your hand?” To most it would probably be weird to hear the one that just hit you directing you towards a healing facility and paying for the damages, then again Ball was a member of the order and therefore he needed to do the right thing by paying for damagers he inflicted even though she did ‘manhandle’ him. Ball sighed and climbed onto his mount’s back and turned the dog around.

“Come along. If we want to get there before some crowd of training fools from the Pits shows up there we might as well get moving.”

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on October 7th, 2015, 11:40 am

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Sekai
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Comments
If you return, please PM me and I'll award you grades.

Ball
Skills
  • Observation: 1
  • Rhetoric: 1
  • Intimidation: 3
  • Riding: Dog: 1
  • Socialization: 2
  • Pyken: 1
Lores
  • Combat: Striking when being held
  • Wrist pressure points
  • Socialization: Pointing out directions to a stranger
  • Sekai: Girl who picked me up
Shield Points
  • Helping a citizen: +2
  • Assaulting an innocent: -10

Comments: Short thread, but it certainly demonstrates what Ball would do if picked up. Unfortunately I had to award a fairly large penalty in shield points for attacking Sekai so brutally (even when he offered to help pay for medical bills).

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)