PM to join Hunting, Hunting, and more Hunting. (Job Thread)

Ferrin is out hunting. Just an occasional fall afternoon.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Hunting, Hunting, and more Hunting. (Job Thread)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 23rd, 2015, 10:05 pm

Ferrin
515 AV, Fall of 43

Days grew colder, weeks grew longer. The beasts of the night become more active. Leaves falling, cold wind pushing against ones face. But today isn't just a day for a scenic route. It is time to catch game. And game is beginning to get scarce. As winter draws nearer to Syliras.

Farmers trying their best to gather what they can for fruits, grains, and other sorts. While hunters are going out info the wilds to catch what game that they can. Speaking of hunting, Ferrin needs to catch some game. He's been sort of lacking a bit.

Already a few miles into the woods, Ferrin trudged along stepping on fallen twigs and leaves as he does do. But maybe he should be more stealthier? As far as the eye can see, trees. Trees everywhere. There are so much trees that one can get lost through these woods.

The Bronze Woods, such an odd name to call a place like this. Ego knows why it is called The Bronze Woods, Ferrin is not so sure. Maybe he can read about it? That sounds like a plan. A couple yards ahead, he noticed that a bush was shifting through the wind, but I'd just the wind. Let's go investigate.

He cautiously picked his steps trying not to scare whatever creature could be within the great and large bush. There are a few number of assorted berries on it, but Ferrin isn't due if they are poisonous or not.

The wind pushed against his face making Ferrin wanting to pull his hood up. He ends up doing so. His bow in one hand gripped tightly anxious to find out what is hiding in the bush. Then out comes a small beaver. Ferrin couldn't shoot this small magnificent creature. So be let out be determined to find bigger game. But upset that it isn't something that is big enough.

Ferrin strolled on, ticks passing by after tick. He hummed a nice little tune under the folds of his breath. After awhile though the humming has had gotten him annoyed and he conceded with the process.

Some 20 yards out he had spotted a deer. Grazing whatever greens it can find. It's head was down, and it didn't notice Ferrin yet. So Ferrin took out an arrow from his quiver on his back. Reading it carefully. He pulls the longbow up, aims. Takes a deep breath after pulling the string then whoosh.

The arrow strides through the woods. But Ferrin seemed to be too far away for that shot, as he just realized that he isn't a professional with a longbow just yet. The arrow missed and struck the middle of a tree with a loud thunk. 'Shyke.' Ferrin cursed through his thoughts. The deer noticed the sound and ran away frightened.

Ferrin rushed to his arrow pulled it out of the tree, and then began chasing after the clever deer. Jumping over fallen logs and dodging each and every tree. Keeping track at the same time though, as of where he is heading. This deer can run quiet fast when it is afraid.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 27th, 2015, 2:55 am

Ferrin

Finally, after what seemed like a few chimes of running and dodging. Ferrin had eventually caught up to the scared animal. Grazing once again as it feels like it is in peace. The young hunter determined to finish the animal. He wishes for nothing else. Ferrin took a spot behind a large rock.

Crouching behind it facing the deer with the comfortable position. Ferrin took out another arrow from his quiver. Knocking the carefully crafted piece into the bowstring. He took a deep breath, exhaled and aimed. Another tick had gone by and he fired the arrow. This attempt finally succeeded, the deer howled in pain. Falling onto the earthen floor.

The young hunter, excited that he finally got his game rushed over to the helpless deer. He knelt down as he has gotten close. Ferrin then took out his short broadsword that he usually carries around. Ferrin finished the injured deer by thrusting the metal tip into its stomach.

After conceding the life of the harmless deer, Ferrin began the process of cutting the pelts. Since pelts are high in value. The wind makes him shake and shiver with the operation. But Ferrin tends to ignore the freezing wind. He heard cawing from a bird, high into the trees. A crow perhaps.

That didn't bother him as much either, come to think about it. As ticks pass by making it feel like chimes, Ferrin almost wanted to sing a song. But the thought of it being in the woods ended up making it creepy. The deers' blood had gotten the young hunters hands sticky. He took his water skin that if tied around his waist and dropped a bit of am water onto his hands.

After he finishes with the cleaning. Ferrin tied the pelt to his waist and gathered up all of his hunting things in search of more game to feed the town. Soon it will be lunch and Ferrin could use a cooked meal. Especially a meal of nice fresh meat.

Well, Ferrin trudged on through the woods. Allowing time and everything around him pass by.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 30th, 2015, 12:55 pm

Ferrin

Ticks passed by. Ticks that feel like chimes. Clicking every moment as time itself flies by. Ferrin pondered thoughts though his brain. Thoughts about his next catch, his biggest catch. And so on. Ferrin casually strolled through the woods turning his head left and right, every more and then to spot something.

A few yards out, his keen eyes caught a glimpse of a set of bushes rustling between a mixture of trees. It can't be the wind.'What can be hiding under that bush?' Ferrin was so eager to see, he didn't even prepare for what can jump out on him. As Ferrin neared the bushes.

Whoosh, a bunny rabbit with white and brown fur scurried out of the bushes. Running in fear as the hunter seemed to have scared it. 'I wouldn't have killed it anyways. There pelts aren't worth enough Mizas.' Ferrin sighed with sadness flowing through his thought process.

Time to find something more. 'If I am in able to catch any good game, I'll call this day done and take the pelt to the butchers.' Luckily the wet blood if cleaned out, otherwise Ferrins clothes would be smothered in it. The rest of the blood from his pelt is dried from the cool wind.

With the trees leaves blocking the sunlight, very little warmth can travel through those. Ferrin, determined to catch more game before calling quit. Paced himself to go faster. As if he has been hunting his whole life. Almost desperate, to what it seems. But Ferrin really wants that next game do he could earn money.

Who doesn't like money? A lot of people enjoy money don't they? Although a world without money, is one world that Ferrin dreams about. Money is a basic thing in life. It helps you get the things that you need in order to survive.

What was that? Ferrin stopped his tracks. Off in the distance, he spotted an animal. A bear? No it can't be, they should be hibernating. Shouldn't they? It is almost winter season. Maybe his eyes are playing tricks. He closed them for a moment, then reopened his eyes. Nope, just his imagination.

It's freezing out in these woods. Well this day didn't go terribly bad. He could've found nothing. And so Ferrin is happy to what he found. Time to turn this pelt in. The hunter turned back, satisfied that he got something. Although he had spent a few chimes out in these woods. It seemed worth it, don't you think?

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dravite on January 10th, 2016, 12:08 am

G R A D E S

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Experience

• Observation: 2
  • Stealth: 1
  • Investigation: 1
  • Weapon, Longbow: 2
  • Hunting: 3
  • Acrobatics: 1
  • Cleaning: 1
  • Wilderness Survival: 1
  • Philosophy: 1

Lore

• Fall in Syliras
  • Stealth: Carefully selected area to tread
  • Hunting: Deer in the bronze woods
  • Wilderness Survival: Skinning a deer
  • Philosophy: Money means a good life

Notes

I can't award points when you tell me something, but don't show me, for example: "Finally, after what seemed like a few chimes of running and dodging. Ferrin had eventually caught up to the scared animal." Listing what took place won't earn you any points, showing me your character running on the other hand, would. Other than that, it was an enjoyable little thread.

P.S. this isn't long enough for a job thread. You need at least 2500 words.
Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)