NaNoWriMo on Miz

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Karin on November 2nd, 2015, 6:26 pm

How does one go about doing NaNoWriMo (or NeeNawNeeNaw as I prefer to call it) on Mizahar? I understand the basic concept, but is there a specific way to do it? How do people keep track? Mostly just curiosity as I don't think I would have the time to do it myself, although we'll see :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Ball on November 2nd, 2015, 6:38 pm

Actually in past years Tarot had a script set to do the word count for the month of November, but with everything going on offline with Founders/STs and players it appears this year it isn't happening in the same fashion. A bunch of us are just writing our posts in Word (Which I recommend anyway) and then attaching the Word Count at the end of the posts denoting how much they wrote and then storing the values elsewhere in a spreadsheet so they can keep it tracked. -shrugs-

At least, that's what I am doing.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Karin on November 2nd, 2015, 7:33 pm

Okay, that seems fair. The word count is 50,000 words right? I might give it a go, seems like a fun challenge! :) thanks for that!

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Ball on November 2nd, 2015, 7:55 pm

Yeah it's 50k words in 1 month

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Dravite on November 29th, 2015, 8:44 pm

Interested to know if many other people managed to finish NaNo this November or started and didn’t quite get there in the end? It was my first year participating and I managed to finish with 56,200 words.

Honestly. It was a struggle, but I’m quite proud of some of the work that came out of it. I don't know if I would race into doing it again, but I would definitely recommend that everyone give it a go at least once in their lives.

You can't trust the Mizahar word count though as I start with 610,235 and ended with 729,121 which is a difference of 118,886 words (and as much as I wish I was that awesome, I'm not).

Don :wasted:

Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Ball on November 29th, 2015, 8:55 pm

I attempted it, but was by no means close to it... I wasn't really trying though either lol

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Gossamer on November 29th, 2015, 9:33 pm

You can't trust Mizahar's word count. Every time you 'view post' or 'edit post' it gives you more words than you actually posted. So if say you posted 1k words, you viewed it five times and edited it six times, it'd actually credit you with 12k words.

So basically to be fair, you need to count up all your posted words yourself in WORD or some other WP doc.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

NaNoWriMo on Miz

Postby Dravite on November 29th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Yeah I made a note from the start of what each post had word wise, so no trouble there.

I didn’t know you were trying Ball! I’ll have to go through and read some of your stuff! I know a couple of people who got close, but I can definitely understand the struggle and ooc constraints.

Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)