Completed Summer Outting

Garland and Elann go for a picnic

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Summer Outting

Postby Elann on August 22nd, 2015, 4:00 pm

Elann watched as Garland pushed himself out of the water to recover the fish. The slimey fish was now covered into dirt. She made a bit of an ick face and shook her head no in agreement with his assessment.

“Yeah I’m full, I don’t need anything”

She watched as he went to the jug and filled two cups and she moved a little closer toward the shoreline so that she could receive the cup. Her bright red suit was now a dark maroon in color now that it was wet. Standing now but a few feet away from the edge, she took the drink and idly watched as he moved to sit down to dangle his sand covered feet in the water. She sipped the drink and made an mmm sound at it. As he asked her if she wanted to finish the last bit in the jug she shook her head.

“Oh no thanks. I don’t even know if I can finish this.”

She watched as he moved to slip into the water, and feeling as though he was nearing her space, she scooted backwards a little bit and let him move about in the springs without her impeding him. When he asked her if she knew how to swim, she shook her head no. He dunked himself, and when he rose again after a wipe of his face he asked her if she wanted to try.

“No that’s alright. I’m still trying to get used to the heat of this water. It makes me sleepy.” and she looked it too. It was almost as if he had poisoned her she looked that sleepy. She slowly bobbed through the water to the edge and put down her cup there after finishing it. She then answered his question of knowing how to swim. “Most of the water where I’m from isn’t deep enough to swim in, unless you go to Yahebah by the ocean, but we didn’t do that much.” She returned to wading in place, just keeping her feet off the ground and trying to float.

Other's Words ~~ My Words ~~ My Thoughts

Elann
Player

Words: 322359
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 10:19 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Garland on August 24th, 2015, 10:06 am

After a few bells, Garland yawned and stood back up and went out the pool, and shook off the excess water like a wolf. "It has been a while now Elann. Do you want to go?"

Garland grabbed his clothes and went back over to the bush and started undressing. He quickly threw them on and when over to pick up the picnic basket and the blanket. "Hey, there are still a few muffins in here." Garland grabbed one of them and started eating.

He helped Elann out of the pool and handed her her clothes. "I'll look away if you're going to change... Those clothes are a bit wet." He continued to clean up and eat the tasty pastry.

After Elann had finish changing, they set off back home. Ending their relaxing day together.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Summer Outting

Postby Devi on November 2nd, 2015, 10:36 pm

Your Grades have arrived!

Elann

Skills:
  • Socialization: 5
  • Observation: 5
  • Interrogation: 2
  • Teaching: 1
  • Organization: 1
  • Swimming: 2
  • Weapon Skills - Slingshot: 1
Lores:
  • Garland: Has relaxed social boundaries
  • Garland: Parents were killed by the Knighthood
  • Garland: His sword has sentimental value
Comments: What a fun day out - it's nice to see Elann exploring outside of the city walls and expanding her horizons a bit. With the grading complete for this thread I have a couple of bits of feedback for you to take note of:

I noticed that in your post you mention having a window in your apartment. I should point out that only the most expensive residences in Syliras have windows – they are considered to be an extravagant luxury. The city is built like a fortress and indeed Traveller’s Row has been formed from a thickened section of the city wall, so rooms there would unfortunately not have windows. In fact I believe the vast majority of the city is internal with very few external streets or common areas.

Also, it was fun to read how Elann came to Garland’s rescue with her slingshot, however do be careful that you are writing to Elann’s skill level with the weapon. Before this thread Elann had just one skill point with a slingshot – as such hitting a fast-moving racoon right in the ribs on her first shot would be extremely difficult for her to achieve without a great deal of luck! Going forward please make sure that you write this skill in line with her status as a Novice/beginner.

Garland

Skills:
  • Persuasion: 3
  • Interrogation: 1
  • Swimming: 3
  • Storytelling: 1
Lores:
  • Elann: Works at An Elegant Weave
  • Elann: Is a Weaver by trade
  • Benshira: Eating habits
  • Benshira: Nomadic People
  • Elann: Has a small appetite
Comments: What a relaxing day these two had - it's about time that Garland had some time out from his busy schedule with the Knighthood!

Just a quick something I noticed when reading through your character sheet – as you have reached 51 skill points in Unarmed Combat, you would now be Expert level rather than Competent (hurrah!).

I can’t see that you’ve already removed some money from your ledger for the shorts Garland purchased in this thread so please do so now. I can’t advise you how much money to take without knowing more about what kind of shorts he bought so please refer to the Price List for details (and of course, ask away if you have any questions about this).

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Don't forget to edit your post in the Grade Request Thread to say it's graded and leave a link in there for the Storytellers.

Happy Writing!

Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous