Pyken Article Interest

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Pyken Article Interest

Postby Ball on November 12th, 2015, 4:48 am

I want to try and seperate the actual Pyken skill from Flux and meditation overall.

Flux is a highly addictive and insanely dangerous. It is solely an add-on to existing skill, meditation is something I wouldn't mind mentioning, but really I want to keep the skills separated as much as possible.

I am not saying I won't mention that they all can be used, but overall I really feel that a tai chi style would have been an offshoot of an original form Pyken (I have something in mind actually. In the next few days I will have a write up of the beginnings of what I feel Pyken started as lol)

I got something started today, here is what I got: Any suggestions as to what I should keep/remove/add to the synopsis before I submit it as the overview into the Lore Proposal Forum, I would greatly appreciate it! =D

Synopsis :
Created during the war predating the Valterrian, the Pycon were originally designed to take the form of common clay based trade goods and infiltrate their targets, the need to utilize no weapons was important as there was not many weapons the homunculi could carry with them inconspicuously without being caught. From this need came the first starting fragments of the skill known as Pyken.

With the death of their creator, Rupert Pycon, the clay assassins were released from their flasks and fled from the fires that destroyed the laboratory they were created in. Several of the pycons banded together in the seasons that followed, formulating the unified techniques that would become known as Pyken.

Pyken was intended to be used in the assassinations of powerful individuals after infiltrating their target’s abode as trade goods. The clay assassins were trained to deliver deadly strikes to temples, throat, and the bridge of nose; hard hammering jabs cracking ribs and sternum in some cases -- puncturing necessary organs for survival; Lethal attacks that targeting the torso causing internal bleeding, coupled with damaging of joints, ligaments, and tendons leaving the wounded target immobilized and thus bleeding to death.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Pyken Article Interest

Postby Nivel on November 13th, 2015, 1:51 am

The write up looks pretty good although It seems like the first sentence of the first and third paragraphs to repeat information. It it possible to merge the first and third paragraph together to talk about how they don't need weapons and learned to target vital areas of tall folk.
Sounds like anatomy is a pretty important skill for a pyken artist.

Also everything I've said so far has been a suggestion, I mostly just got really excited and started making connections. You don't have to put that much emphasis on Flux or Meditation or any at all, or use any of the ideas I'm giving you.

I thought given pycons origins as assassins flux would work as a catalyst for a different type of Pyken (pycon tai chi), but it could also be made as a way to get away from their tainted past.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Pyken Article Interest

Postby Ball on November 13th, 2015, 2:00 am

I didn't think of it that way. >.< I will surely keep the suggestions and ideas in mind. =D As for the sentences, I will try and rearrange the paragraphs and around merge them so it sounds better (I was afraid of it sounding too repetitive.)

EDIT: The I didn't think of it that way part is for these:

I thought given pycons origins as assassins flux would work as a catalyst for a different type of Pyken (pycon tai chi), but it could also be made as a way to get away from their tainted past.

Just to clarify. heh, I re-read that and found that it surely sounded negative to me. >.< So I just wanted to clarify what I meant by that. But yeah, still doing all the rest, working on restructing the paragraphs to sound better and such.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Pyken Article Interest

Postby Nivel on November 13th, 2015, 8:10 pm

Don't worry I got what you meant and I didn't think you were angry I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to push my ideas on you.

Anyway I'll try to think of some more details or things that might need to be clarified while at work today.

I hope Arch notices this soon, I'd like to hear his input.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Pyken Article Interest

Postby Firenze on December 14th, 2015, 4:06 am

I'm not entirely familiar with Pyken but I think it would be greatly beneficial to those who enjoy roleplaying that race. I'm on the same line as Treachery, it could help to prevent power-playing or god-modding. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I think the initial outline looks rather good. From my perspective I would say it looks ready to be approved and beginning work in the Workshop. If you need any help let me know, I will try the best that I can!
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous