OOC Info Riverfall's The Power Of Winter 515 Character Registry

Please register if you are living, visiting, or posting whatsoever in Riverfall. This is not the standard form so please be aware that you might need to read thoroughly.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Riverfall's The Power Of Winter 515 Character Registry

Postby Gossamer on December 1st, 2015, 1:20 am

In Winter 515 AV we are stepping everything up. That's right. Riverfall is going to go hardcore intense rp and we are going to encourage the whole cast and crew to dive deep and play hard. This registry is the first step in that endeavor.

If you have a character you'd like to play here for Winter 515 AV, please register yourself and answer all the questions below thoroughly. Please don't just answer with Yes or No responses. That is no fun. These registries help shape the playerbase and gives the rest of the residents and staff an idea of who's here and why. The same goes for all the visitors. It helps to know who the cast and crew of Riverfall is going to be and what are some of their motivations.

Simply fill out the form below (I've included a cut and paste code)... and post it in this thread. That way other pcs of a like mind might be able to comb through the registry and find other like-minded individuals they can make friends (or enemies) with and start threads. Please feel free to include any information in the registry you'd like beyond the requested information. This means motivations, what you want to get out of your time in Riverfall, etc. This data will immediately help both us storyteller's and other pcs in our quest to provide you the best rp we can here in the Domain.

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age & Sex?
Race?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
Are you a Resident (Kuvan)?
If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long?
What are your character goals while here?
What's your character's greatest strengths?
What's your character's greatest weaknesses?
What's your character's main faiths?
If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that?
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer?
Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish.

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
[center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
[b]Age & Sex?[/b]
[b]Race?[/b]
[b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
[b]Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? [/b]
[b]If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? [/b]
[b]What are your character goals while here?[/b] 
[b]What's your character's greatest strengths?[/b]
[b]What's your character's greatest weaknesses?[/b]
[b]What's your character's main faiths?[/b]
[b]If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? [/b]
[b]Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?[/b]
[b]Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?[/b]
[b]Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members?[/b]
[b]Do you like social threads?  Why or why not?[/b]
[b]Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters?  Which skills can your pc offer?[/b]
[b]Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC?  What?  Why?  Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish.[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Lian Windrunner on December 1st, 2015, 6:33 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Lian Windrunner
Age & Sex? 23 years old, male
Race? Drykas
Describe your character in a short abstract? Lian is a family man. Friends and family mean everything to him. There is nothing he would not do for them. And without them, he is utterly lost. He's the kind of man that needs a purpose in life. On the inside, he is a big softie. People who know him well, and who have earned his trust see this side often. But he is capable of being utterly ruthless, and even cruel towards those who he feels are a threat to those under his protection.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? No. Lian does qualify for Kuvan status, but he isn't going to be staying permanently.

If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? Lian is visiting, and will be here until some time next spring.

What are your character goals while here? I have many goals for this visit. Plot wise, Lian is here because he has no memory of his past. Grief and anger caused him to be less than fully alert while out in the Sea of Grass. As a result, he was badly injured, and he lost his memory as a result. He was rescued by a trade caravan who was headed to Riverfall, and brought him with them. One goal is that Lian will slowly regain pieces of his memory. Another is that he will discover family that he thought was long dead (though he won't know they are family until he regains his memory). I also hope to shake up his beliefs and broaden his horizons. Normally, he is deeply suspicious of all outsiders (anyone who isn't a Drykas). With his memory gone, this won't be an issue as much, and I plan for him to learn that not all "outsiders" are so bad. I also plan to expose him to life outside of Endrykas.

Skill wise, I hope to get him initiated into Reimancy, and teach him some Morphing as well as work on other skills such as Animal Handling.

What's your character's greatest strengths? Lian is very determined. When he decides to do something, he does it. He stands on his own, but he isn't too proud (or afraid) to ask for help when he needs it.

What's your character's greatest weaknesses? Before he lost his memory, Lian was very distrustful of anything that wasn't Drykas. This made him very narrow minded in some ways. Anything outside of Endrykas and his people were Other, and not to be trusted. With his memory gone, that isn't an issue as much. But without his memory, he is deeply insecure, and driven by the need to discover who he is.

What's your character's main faiths? Religion isn't something I've explored in depth with Lian yet. But he worships Zulrav, and Semele.

If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? It would depend on what was being asked of him. If someone wanted directions (and he knew how to get to the place in question), Lian would tell them. If they were asking for money, they would be flatly refused unless there was good reason for him to give them some; he'd be far more willing to give money to an orphan child than a random stranger.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Sometimes. It can be exciting, and can create all kinds of plot twists. New friends can come of unexpected allies, and enemies can be found as well. But too much violence becomes tiresome. And it risks hardening my character more than I would like.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Lian had a captive at one time, and while nothing explicit was written in thread, he did get her pregnant with twins. Love and romance isn't something I've explored in thread for Lian yet. But I plan for him to marry one day. I suspect I will enjoy threading the build up to that.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No, he isn't. Not unless you consider the Watch in Endrykas a group. If so, yes, he was. And it is taking members.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Sometimes. Purely social threads get boring pretty quickly for me. But they do lead to new relationships with other PC characters, which can be fun. And social threads that have a point to them (ex. gathering together to do some kind of task) are a lot of fun.

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer? It would depend on the circumstances. He would be able to teach someone how to use a short bow, and how to hunt, and track their prey.He can also teach someone how to ride.

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish. I would like Lian to regain the family he lost when his brother and sister died in the plague of Summer 512. This will require him taking at least one wife (of which I am hoping for one to be another PC), and having more children.

Additional Comments: I am looking forward to a great season! :)

Lian Windrunner
Player

Words: 434725
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2013, 12:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 1st, 2015, 7:01 am

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Sky

Age & Sex? 9 years old, Male

Race? Kelvic

Describe your character in a short abstract? Skyard is by far the strangest Kelvic one can come across. His personality is complex and he has incredibly good control of his instincts. He thinks of himself as a human with extraordinary capabilities rather than a kelvic. For now his ultimate goal is simply to serve Wysar, and practice discipline and utter conviction. Skyard wishes to devote himself to something or someone very badly. Hint hint

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? Not quite a Kuvan just yet, but I most certainly do plan on it.

If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? I'm a resident, but I simply haven't applied for kuvan status just yet. I plan to stay permanently and to completely and totally dedicate myself to this city.

What are your character goals while here?Perhaps start a business for leather-working. Not to mention building strength in both the body and the mind. Skyard believes that knowledge is by far the most powerful tool anyone can possess.

What's your character's greatest strengths? He is generally absolutely fearless, and confident. He is very well aware of what he is and isn't capable of and he tends to be good at rational decision making.

What's your character's main faiths? He is a heavily devoted follower of Wysar. He will not even attempt to hear anything of any other gods unrelated to his own. He shows extreme bias toward his god for he believes that following multiple deities is wrong. Although he will not judge another for the deity they follow.

If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? Skyard would return the strangers possessions to them. He doesn't take kindly to being given things; that will offend him and make him think they're saying he isn't capable of handling himself on his own.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I most certainly do love threading about violence. Violence creates scenarios for characters to react to, and in utter chaos one tends to think at a much more rapid pace. Reactions are by far the most enjoyable thing about characters as a writer to me, and a little mayhem isn't bad at all. Violent situations are best used for making a writer think on his feet.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I can thread about any of the above, however my preference isn't a sexual thread. Love and romance is most certainly quite alright with me at any given time. I really enjoy seeing how characters interact with one another, and this topic is one I would enjoy getting into.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Skyard is currently uninvolved with any groups or cults. Skyard would much rather spend time devoting himself to a god, rather then some silly group that performs based on it's meaningless motives.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I enjoy social threads because of the small amount of character interaction. Getting lores based upon characters is quite alright with me. Due to the fact that it opens up doors for character relationships to develop. I personally think that without social threads there can be no "Threads" with partners what so ever.

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer? Skyard is an incredibly difficult person to gain the trust of. Even if he trusted someone enough he would still likely not teach them the only skill that he has worth value. Skyard believes that "The Flux" isn't a toy that should be played around with. He may teach it depending on the relationship he has with the character who wishes to learn it.

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish.I wouldn't mind Skyard being hurt incredibly bad at all. I would love to see a strong relationship between my character and another character occur sometime in the near future.

Additional Comments: I hope to thread with each and every single person that makes their way over to Riverfall. If you are currently in riverfall you can always pm me for a thread and I'll most certainly start it if you do not wish to! Lets rock all winter!
Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Ayatah on December 1st, 2015, 9:53 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ayatah re Naphu of the Scattered Bones (having recently conversed with her deceased Eypharian Grandmother, Aya has combined the surnames of both her families together. She has yet to actually admit to this, though).

Age & Sex? 26, female

Race? Myrian/Eypharian mixed blood

Describe your character in a short abstract? Ayatah was raised in Taloba, amongst the blood-thirsty and barbaric Myrians. However, she always felt somewhat misplaced and rejected due to her mixed blood. For example, she is as interested in academia and scholarly knowledge as she is in being a warrior and fighting for her people. In 512, she left Taloba to gain an education in Zeltiva, finally moving to Riverfall with her adopted son earlier this year. Though she has by no means turned her back on her Myrian family, she is becoming more and more fascinated with her Eypharian people, and is now on the mission to learn what fate befell her father. Right now, she's feeling a little lost and suffering a slight identity crisis. This will probably make her very easy to sway and influence, as well as make her act unlike herself in regards to being a little... loose-lipped and open to flings/flirtations!

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? No, though I hope to become one this season.

If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? N/A

What are your character goals while here? The main personal goal include: finding out what happened to Aya's father. Other goals are: gaining a husband/family, improving Anthropology/teaching skills, extending social circle, taking part in this badass magical plot.

What's your character's greatest strengths? Independence, intelligence and willing to learn

What's your character's greatest weaknesses? Her guilt, indecision, fretting over her adopted son Kuame.

What's your character's main faiths? Previously Myri, but now more Eyris.

If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? Hmm... Probably just give them whatever they wanted within reason. If someone asked for directions, no problem. But money/clothes/a child slave? They'd see a flash of that Myrian rage.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yeah, I do. It pushes my boundaries as a writer and is far more fast-paced than what I'm otherwise used to writing

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Yep. I think it just adds another dimension to a character and it's always good to have PC-PC relationships to make threading more interesting. Plus, romance! Squee.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? 'Identity crisis club' is always open to other confused, lost souls.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I do as long as they result in some kind of relationship/lead to other threads. Friendship, romance, enemies, etc. are all welcomed. I just don't like social threads that start and end with that single, awkward thread where two PCs discuss about their lives. Build bridges people, c'mon!

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer? No! She is a teacher of sorts so that's perfect. She can teach dagger skills, anthropology.. Anything within reason!

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish. Other than the magical happenings in Riverfall (which I totes want to dive into), the main personal plotline for Aya this season is to find out what happened to her father. I *think* at the moment he might be some sort of dejected alcoholic/saddo that lives like a hermit. This will really disappoint her, and his weakness will probably irritate her strong Myrian-woman mind. So that'll be fun.

I always really, really want Aya to find herself a good man and settle down. I imagine I'll end up doing this with an NPC, but for any males out there looking for romance... |:) |:)

Finally, I like it when the unexpected happens (famous last words...) and so if anyone has any spanners to throw into the mix, feel free! As long as she doesn't die, I'm pretty much happy to go with the flow with just about anything.

Additional Comments: I'm really, super expected for this season. Let's make it a good'un!
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Persa on December 1st, 2015, 6:35 pm

Persa

[color=#800040]

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Persa

Age & Sex?
18, female

Race?
Mixed Human (Half Benshira, Half Eypharian)

A young elegant lady interest in accumulating as much wealth as she can, without really working hard. For now she believes that this is attainable only through thievery, seduction, lies and manipulation. Although she values wealth, cosmetics and beauty, she is not a totally unethical and bad person. She can be friendly, hospitable and kind, providing that she will benefit from it.

Hmm i think no. She has just arrived in Riverfall and she is not officially a citizen of this city, she only resides there indefinitely.

Hmm.. a simple question that doesnt nessecerily leads to a simple anwser, because my character hasnt yet discovered the possibilities of the city. Her main goals however, is to accumulate wealth as fast as she can, and go after a luxurious life.

Other than her Eypharian Mother's pheromones, she is good at stealth, that means hiding and moving discreetly. She is young and new to Cuphrys, she hasnt yet developed her skills.

She is naive, she doesnt know the common language well, she holds few moral values, she is sensitive to criticism, she is afraid of combat and anything that has to do with fight. She is racist (unless proven otherwise?) and her pride.

No religious faith at all. She only believes to the gods that can help her fullfil her goals. She is from Eypharia, after all.

If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that?
Depending on whether she can earn something out of her charity action. She is not exactly philanthropic so she would never give something without getting something else in return. So the simple anwser for a common beggar would be, no.

Well.. violence is something nessecery in the world Of Mizahar, i guess. A world of rulers and bandits, slavery and war wouldnt make a lot of sense without the presence of violence. Besides, slavery, or prostitution and assasinations, as promoted/allowed by the forum, are an act of mental violent, and they are not less horrible than physical violence. Personally, i wouldnt mind participating in a violent-themed thread, although only violent to a specific extend. But although i dont have problem with some violence, my character has, because as stated above she tends to avoid fights and violence at all cost.

Pure wild sex is good, romance is even better. (or vice cersa? im not sure) I guess its fine.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
No. At least not for the moment. She would like to get involved in a group of rogues that would help her increase her thievery skills though.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
I dont really know what "social threads" are about, but if this means threads with plain conversations in an inn or social gatherings, then yes im in!

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer?
It might be cool, providing that my character has mastered her skills, and at the time being she is novice in every skill she poseess. For the moment I dont really have an idea about what could she teach.

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish.
Sudden and suprising interactions from others are always welcome, even if they include extreme things, like enslaving or attacking me or gifting me a nice bouquet of big red roses!!
If she finds a wealthy and influential person that is willing to provide her with anything that is considered luxurious life would make her very happy.

Whatever happens to my pc though, i dont want it to ostracize/distract her from her main goals, which are to further develop her skills.

Also, it would make me happy if she finds someone, just someone to help her and teach her skills and protect her and put up with her mischievous and evil personality, AND with her bad common language skills (which corresponds to my bad English skills).
I want to know that there is someone to look after her if she is in trouble. She can offer something in return, like tending to his/her wounds, taking care of his house or help him with his labour, spar together or help him/her increase his/her skills, and even more, depending on the occassion.

There are only two things i dont want:
- Dont kill me! (obviously)
- I dont want to end up with scars.

Additional Comments:
If there is anything you want to ask or if you want to rp with me just feel free to pm me.
[/color]
Last edited by Persa on December 2nd, 2015, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Important OOC Statement: My English are not good. That means that everyone wishing to rp with me should be able to put up with grammar mistakes. I may or may not rp up to your expectations. I am not perfect and never will be.
Persa
Player

Words: 15764
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2015, 12:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Evalin on December 1st, 2015, 7:41 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Evalin

Age & Sex? 224/Female (usuall)

Race? Nuit (Wretched One)

Describe your character in a short abstract? Old and knowledgeable on one hand, yet somehow childish in her spirit and character, Evalin moves through life with only thoughts for herself and what could possibly benefit her at the forefront of her mind. She is dark, cruel and manipulative and given several recent events what little bit of humanity is slowly starting to wither and rot away. Evalin believes that the weak are weak because they choose to be, and the strong and powerful take that strength with their own actions and determination, thus she gives little thought or care to those who do not bother to help themselves. Mercy is a rarely used word for her, and often her closest version of it is to simply put someone out of their misery entirely.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? Evalin has a place within the city to call home, and stays there whenever she is in Riverfall or not traveling.

If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? N/A

What are your character goals while here? Perusing power, influence and developing more of her future goals

What's your character's greatest strengths? Beyond her magical abilities Evalin possesses an iron will and determination which has seen her through many trials and tribulation and kept her whole and sane when perhaps others may have broken under the pressure or strain.

What's your character's greatest weaknesses? Though she tries to remain cold, distant and aloof Evalin has a terrible habit of becoming a tad too emotional on certain topics (leading typically either to open disdain or burning anger). Worse still is her sense of arrogance and inflated ego, kept moderately in check thanks to her Familiar Tsenrika. When it comes to compliments and testaments of her greatness Evalin tends to drop her guard, lavishing in the attention far more than she should.

What's your character's main faiths? While she is a Wretched one, 2nd marked by Uldr, Evalin's only faith is in herself. She has a great disdain toward the gods or 'higher powers' which control the world around her. Evalin would rather say that she and she alone controls her destiny, and any who would question this would earn her disdain.

If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? Depending on what was asked, and Evalin's current situation or goal, Evalin would typically accept the offer for a price or service. If the other person could offer nothing of value to Evalin in return she would simply wave them away. She has no use for those who cannot offer her something in return.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes because it draws out a lot of emotions and deep scars in Evalin. Given her long life Evalin has seen and done many things and crossed the border between monster and man. She now has little qualms with violence of any kind (though she avoids excess as she doesn't care for the clean up), but through it she often remembers or relives past moments that drove her to become what she is today.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? On a personal level I do, and Evalin would entertain the idea of "love" and "romance", but after the failure of a romantic relationship in Zinrah Evalin does not pretend to herself that such a thing is ever, or will ever, be possible for her. She has Tsenrika, and thus she needs no one else.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Evailn is an active recruiter for Uldr, as well as seeking people to join her own cause. A group has not yet been formed but Evalin does seek to begin a cult of her own in the future.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes I do, because in social threads you can delve deep into the inner monologues of your character and, potentially, get a glimpse of the same in your thread partners. Evalin is a highly manipulative character and so social threads provide her a lot of opportunities to be herself, and hopefully provide my thread partners with a chance to play a game of mind tricks with someone who clearly thinks she controls the board at all times (even when that may not be true).

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer? Evalin does not teach unless there is a signed contract made, typically in blood. As most mages and magic users are Evalin is highly secretive of her arts, but if someone swears their undying loyalty she would certainly be willing to share her knowledge with them. An intelligent and capable servant is far more useful than a dull and uneducated one.

Evalin can offer several magical disciplines, such as initiations into Reimancy and Summoning, and she can help to guide someone in the initiation process into morphing. Beyond that she has the knowledge she has gained over her years of travel.

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish. Yes I would love to see something happen to Evalin, good or bad. The first thing that comes to mind is I would like to see her ascend to a Desolate One and further push Uldr's plans for the world, and beyond that I would simply like her to somehow influence or play a part in a bigger plot. For me whether or not Evalin survives such an encounter is not of much consequence because the chance to RP the events is far more important. If by giving her life Evalin can cause some catastrophic event to unfold (most things with Evalin I assume will just make matters worse, and not really help anyone lol) then I think I would be completely fulfilled and happy. Beyond the above mentioned I look forward to anything that knocks Evalin down a peg as her arrogance and confidence in herself and her abilities is bound to get her into trouble. Plus who doesn't like to see a Villain get put in her place from time to time?

Additional Comments: Evalin will be arriving back in Riverfall around the 20th of Winter. If anyone would like to thread please send me a PM :)
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tara re Ahnatep on December 2nd, 2015, 4:28 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Tara re Ahnatep
Age & Sex? 28, female
Race? Eypharian

Describe your character in a short abstract? Aspiring scholar and teacher of religion, history, philosophy

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? No
If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? Not sure how long I'll stay, but planning to visit other cities eventually.
What are your character goals while here? Learn, teach, socialize

What's your character's greatest strengths? Curiousity, affection, open-mindedness, thoughtfulness, well-spoken
What's your character's greatest weaknesses? Sometimes naive or vain

What's your character's main faiths? No religious affiliation

If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? Would try to help

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? No, not a particular goal or interest, particularly if not purposeful to a story
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Yes, character development is important

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes - my character wants to increase her people's understanding of other races

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer? Would love to! Still new though. Competent teacher, novice in areas of scholarly interest.

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish. Befriend religious characters, learn about them and their faith and practice. Gain connections, skills, knowledge. Earn enough to get by.
Tara re Ahnatep
Player

Words: 4516
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2015, 3:39 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Kaie on December 2nd, 2015, 5:36 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Kaie of the Cutthroat Shadows

Age & Sex? Female; 19

Race? Myrian

Describe your character in a short abstract? Kaie is a proud Myrian hailing from the heart of Falyndar's jungle. Her passion for self improvement through combat and adventure led her to travel across the Suvan Sea to witness the peculiar "barbarian" world before joining Taloba's military. However, misfortunes along her travels and internal conflicts have inhibited her ability to return to her rightful jungle home for years. Her experiences abroad have enlightened her, cultivated an outlook tainted with mild cynicism, enhanced her ability to empathize with "outsiders", and motivated her to actively seek out new information and skills. Despite her fierce devotion to Myri and Myrian tradition, which she's clung to while away from her homeland, the blood on her hands belonging to both friend and foe have started to weigh heavily upon her. At times she finds herself influenced by her developing "progressive" nature, but continues to favor the survivalist mentality that's kept her kicking so long. After all, each city is a jungle in itself and the fittest of the fittest the still the ones that make it out alive.

Are you a Resident (Kuvan)? No, Kaie plans to eventually return home to Taloba.

If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? Kaie is a visitor but there is no pre-existing timeline to keep her moving along. For now, I can say that Kaie will absolutely be staying for the season but only possibly remaining for a few to follow.

What are your character goals while here? Kaie's ultimate goal for the season is to deal with her inner demons and insecurities, which have made her procrastinate committing to her return home since she arrived in Riverfall, so that she may reflect on what her time abroad has taught her and find some kind of peace. Secondary goals include further skill building, earning an appreciation for the city, and giving back to the world in some way.

What's your character's greatest strengths? Resilience, courage, integrity, belligerence, and loyalty.

What's your character's greatest weaknesses? Pride, self-destructive behavior (alcohol abuse included), and the second guessing about herself she will experience this season.

What's your character's main faiths? Myri and Akajia

If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? The day Kaie parted with her traditional clothing would probably be the same day someone looted it from her dead body. Over time she's found value in other things besides Mizas. She may be willing to part with a few for a worthy cause or compensation for her generosity, but her time in Sunberth has also made her inclined to ignore beggars entirely. Directions would be another story. She's an illiterate foreigner who's needed more than her fair share of guidance when it comes to getting around. Generally Kaie can be self-less and may very well put herself in danger to help someone in obvious need. However, she is not a charity and is wary of beggar and con alike.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I think that threads about violence sort of come in the package when you choose to play a Myrian. It's sort of the race's realm. Myri is the Goddess of War, you know. I enjoy it because it gives me a chance to apply my personal knowledge, explore a very important part of who Kaie is in a traditional Myrian sense, and push my limits regarding what situation or harm I'm willing to let Kaie endure for the better or worse.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I do enjoy it. I think it lends an aspect to character development you don't necessarily earn from other threads. Kaie isn't very good at commitment and hasn't wholly committed herself to more than two PCs, in one way or another, in her lifetime. I think it's another way to test her limits and mine.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Well, I think the Myrians occupy a whole kind of cult in themselves. Other than that? Nope.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Social threads are fine. I certainly don't mind them. I think dialogue has the potential to be just as intriguing, action-packed, and exciting as combat or adventure types of plots. It's a nice way for characters to exchange ideas and form a bond that's more casual than other activities they might be more inclined to engage in. I don't like meet and greets though. A casual meeting is one thing. A casual meeting with no plot, no point, and no real life is painful for everyone involved.

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer? Everyone has to learn from someone else when it comes to some skills. I don't see why Kaie would be opposed to paying it forward or maybe trading one skill for another. Her realm of expertise involves combat for the most part, specifically in unarmed or with a gladius, though virtually any of her skills above novice could be shared.

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish. The last few seasons have been comprised of me beating Kaie down physically, emotionally, and psychologically in Sunberth. My poor little Myrian! Maybe I'm a sadist writer? Who knows. Anyways, part of me wants to pick her up and dust her off some. I want to humble her. I want to teach her that she can give to the world even when she has stolen life along her path. I want her to explore whether or not people are redeemable so that she may apply whatever that conclusion is to herself. I want to let her see that the world around her is grey, that there are no incorruptible good guys, and that that's okay. If any of you sickos want to torture her so I don't have to though...go for it! Otherwise I'm super excited to see what's in store for Riverfall and its characters this supernatural season. :)

Additional Comments: I'm looking forward to writing with all sorts of you out there! Kaie bites but I don't, so feel free to PM me if you're interested! I'll be doing the same as the season progresses!

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eldrid on December 2nd, 2015, 6:39 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Eldrid, sometimes allows people to call her El
Age & Sex? 19, Female
Race? Akvatari
Eldrid is melodramatic, even more so than most Akvatari. She has a passion for poetry as well as drawing. She often has somewhat controversial views on popular beliefs and local customs due to her tendency to over think things. Her opinion is rarely shared with strangers unless she is caught in the throes of dramatic exposition, as she knows it is rarely a favoured opinion. She also struggles to find faith in her own work.
Are you a Resident? No, she will likely never become a resident sadly due to the requirement of combat skills.
If not a resident, are you visiting and for how long? Yes, Eldrid is visiting for the winter, either for the entire season or until her funds make the stay unviable.
What are your character goals while here? Eldrid is currently exploring Mizahar in search of new inspirations for her art. She wishes to better her artistic skills as well.
What's your character's greatest strengths? Her Rhetoric and skills with words help her deal with unpleasant situations often but not always. For those situations she uses her wings to escape if necessary.
What's your character's greatest weaknesses? Literally, her inability to physically use weapons to any form of helpful effect. Figuratively, her melancholia can often inspire defeatism.
What's your character's main faiths? Eldrid is not a religious sort, but finds a small amount of faith in the belief of riddles which link the world. Riddles present in any sort of way, especially patterns.
If a stranger approached you and asked you for something (clothing, money, directions) how would your character handle that? Eldrid often struggles with seeing others suffer, even if it is only slightly meaning she will help where she can. However she is acutely aware of her own material needs and often has much to say on the topic of money, woe unto any unfortunate traveler stuck listening to her exposition about wealth.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I find it enjoyable in moderation, it is fun to exercise a character's skills and abilities in combat. But it can be tiring to play violence time and time again.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Sure, so long as it fits into the story. I don't like forced romance in the slightest. It is a part of who a character is as a person and is something they will surely come across in their journey.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Sadly no, I'd love to start a collection of poets, or have Eldrid join one if there is one already. It would be interesting to see the different ways they express their art.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Social Threads are possibly my favourite :D Seeing the way characters interact with each other is always something quite entertaining to witness. It also helps to develop who characters are as people.
Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters? Which skills can your pc offer? Eldrid is reticent to discuss her skills in depth with strangers as she often feels they would not understand the intricacies of why and what she does. If someone she had become acquainted to as a friend asked she would show them some of what she knows. Her skills are too undeveloped at the moment to be of any great help, but she could assist with poetry and drawing, or perhaps add her two copper mizas to a story.
Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC? What? Why? Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish. The superpower storyline. I really, really want that to happen either with Eldrid having powers or with her participating in that any other way.
Additional Comments:
Eldrid
Player

Words: 42824
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2015, 1:36 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on December 4th, 2015, 3:56 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Orabelle Deepseeker
Age & Sex? 25
Race? Svefra-Eypharian

Orabelle is a very sweet, kind and caring woman. But at first glance, you cannot tell this is true. She carries herself like most Eypharians. Orabelle adores clothing, jewelry and most of all, hair and makeup. She loves wearing beautiful dresses and she loves doing her hair and looking pretty. This mixed blood cares deeply about her appearance- which is where her Eypharian side comes in. In fact, it is the only thing she has in common with the race. She has more in common with the svefra race, being raised by one and all. She's almost careless. Orabelle is also free spirited and believes life is a big game. Well... at least she use to.

No but she's a nakivak.

Forever :)

I want Orabelle to begin working again, hopefully pay back her loan. Then I would like for her to meet with a few friends and create new ones! I would also like for her to explore her learn new things and skills while perfecting the ones she already has. There's a lot I would like to do but these are my goals for now.

Hmm... She's kind of headstrong and courageous.

Vain- if her appearance counts as a weakness. She is also arrogant to her own ways and she can be a bit stubborn

Laviku. That will never change She grew up worshipping this god and can't see herself abandoning the god. She feels this god has done so much for her already- she even has his gnosis. She wishes to gain another from him too. But she's also finding herself turning toward the goddesses Avalis and Syna. She's known Avalis for awhile but hasn't paid much attention to her until now. Orabelle doesn't know much about the goddess besides the divine power she possess. The same goes for Syna.

She would be more than happy to give it to them! She's a svefra! You want her clothes? Take them! Her food? Have it! Directions? Tell her wear you need to go. The only thing she will not give up is her makeup brush and family. You cannot have either one, both being equally important (not really). She cherishes her family.

Eh, kind of, kind of not. It all depends on the situation. I'm open to pretty much anything but when it comes to threading about violence... I just don't see how Orabelle would fit into it. Perhaps she's a damsel in distress? I cannot see her playing any other role in a thread including violence besides that.

Yes. Orabelle is hopeless romantic, she believes that everyone will have a fairytale ending. This season though, she will not be looking for any romance or a passionate relationship most likely.

Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members?

No I'm not in any cult or group.

Do you like social threads?  Why or why not?

Love, love social threads! I love interacting with more than one character at once and getting the chance to be involved more in a community. Social threads are fun and I believe they give you an opportunity to roleplay your character in certain situations with others

Does your character mind teaching skills to other characters?  Which skills can your pc offer?

Not at all! Though, she only has one skill she can really teach someone else.

Do you as a player want to see something happen to your PC?  What?  Why?  Don't be afraid to elaborate, even if its a deep dark secret wish.

I'm already planning on this season being very bad, so honestly, I just want to break her spirit. To be honest, nothing bad has ever really happened to Orabelle and I just want this season (and maybe the next few) to be the absolute worse. I want to make up for all the good that's been bestowed upon her. I also want a lot of things to change for her.

Additional Comments: ~~
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

"A Svefra never goes back on their word... never."
Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Words: 107184
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next