Closed A Little Work (Ricky)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Little Work (Ricky)

Postby Alija on June 13th, 2015, 4:08 pm

Ricky entered chimes after her, a big grin on his face. Alija smiled back, pushing the weapons forward to signify them. He went straight to the long sword, picking it up to test it's weight and feel. Alija hoped that he liked he. It appeared that he did.

"I'm glad you like the sword. It was a bit of a rush making it, so it isn't polished the best, but it'll still work. If you want to give it another polish though, feel free," she smiled back, glad he hadn't noticed any flaws. That was why she had to point one out, so she didn't feel like she was tricking him. Perhaps it was just that the flaws were only ones Alija saw. Or if Ricky did notice them, he must have ignored them.

Her customer then put the sword down, reaching towards a pocket and asking for a price. Alija thought it through a little, trying to recall sword prices. A shortsword was 10gm and a longsword... 15? That sounded right. If anything, that would be too little, but Ricky wouldn't mind paying less than he had too. The problem was the whip. As the shop didn't sell any usually, Alija had no idea on the price. She turned, flipping open a book of prices. Whips... whips... whips...

She sighed in relief when she reached it. So a whip was only 1gm. The blacksmith turned back to her companion. "That'll be 10 and 15 for the swords and 1 for the whip, so... 26 gold mizas please. "

Alija smiled at him, hoping it would get rid of any haggling or arguments. The worst thing that could happen now was him deciding that he didn't like the price.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A Little Work (Ricky)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 13th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Overly excited to get underway with his payment Ricky already started to fish out the general amount that added up for the firs two mentioned weapons, a cluster of gold coins fished out of the pouch between his thumb and fingers came next, while Alija had to think about how much the price should be for the whip. He counted each gold coin as he would lightly put them on the counter, a number higher found each time a soft thunk on the wood occurred from the coins. When he it seemed that he'd finally pulled out enough of the Miza he needed, he proceeded to recount the coin for safe measure in a quicker fashion than before. "Ah, two coins over!" He mused as he returned the extra back into the pouch, which felt much lighter than before now that he'd emptied over half its content.

"Twenty-six gold Miza, fer services rendered." He confirmed as he pocketed the pouch, he flashed a bright grin as he took the weapons carefully in his right hand. Seeing as how he lacked a pinky on his left he didn't want to risk chances involved in using the left hand. "Again lass Oi truly appreciate ya!" Granted praise had been something he'd probably over shared at this point, his excitement could hardly be contained now that he possessed the items at last. While he probably should remember that the shortsword needed to be finished with the polishing, he figured it could be something he would work on when he started his work as a Wave Guard once more. "T'ank ya fer yer business lass, Oi hope ye 'ave a good day." He bade Alija as he headed onward towards the door, with one last warm grin cast towards her before he walked outside to return home.

He just couldn't wait to show his new toys to his wife.

oocSorry if it isn't a lot or if it was rushed, figured I could go ahead and wrap up on my end of the bargain. :) Twas a short fun thread and straight to the point! If you ever want or need any other kind of thread, I'll be happy to oblige via pm.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Little Work (Ricky)

Postby Alija on June 13th, 2015, 9:03 pm

The man eagerly handed over the money, so eagerly that he had miscounted, putting an extra two on the pile of coins. Alija laughed good-humouredly at it, while secretly re-checking the number one more time. It wasn't that she didn't trust him, it was just that if he made a mistake once, perhaps it would happen again. Luckily for both of them, Alija got the correct amount too.

Ricky took the weapons with the excitement of a small child who just bought some new toys. He thanked her for her services, and Alija gratefully nodded. It always pleased her when she had a happy customer. Ricky grinned a final time, before hurrying out the shop, bursting with enthusiasm.

Alija smiled again, the day now at its end. She gathered up the coins, waiting patiently on the counter, before putting them in a safe lockbox. The noise of the rattle and clanking pleased her. The blacksmith knew exactly what it meant: happy customer, happy business. And that made her happy.

She left the Armed Scholar that day with a smile on her face. It was late, but she wasn't tired. Alija felt good, and the feeling was nice. Alija smiled to herself once more. Whoever said work was a chore didn't know about blacksmithing. To Alija, it was much more.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A Little Work (Ricky)

Postby Sayana on December 4th, 2015, 9:35 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Alija
Skills
  • Cleaning: 1
  • Blacksmithing: 2
  • Observation: 5
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Socialization: 5
  • Rhetoric: 3
  • Negotiation: 4
  • Weaponsmithing: 1
  • Mathematics: 2
Lores
  • Opening and closing a blacksmith
  • Starting a fire with flint and steel
  • Blacksmithing: Preparing a forge
  • Ricky: Part of the Wave Guard
  • Negotiation: Offering a potential customer options
  • Weaponsmithing: Creating a sharp edge
  • Weaponsmithing: Filing and polishing a finished product
Comments
Please remember to update your ledger to include Fall 515 AV seasonal expenses.

Also, while I was initially suspicious of Alija making a shortsword without any weaponsmithing skills, you pulled it off very nicely by playing to her skill and only doing parts of the weapon.

Ricky
Skills
  • Planning: 3
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Rhetoric: 4
  • Tactics: 1
  • Childcare: 1
  • Mathematics: 1
Lores
  • Alija: Blacksmith at the Armed Scholar
  • Whip: Potential for fluidity and range
Comments
Thanks for updating your ledger with the purchases. I couldn't quite tell if Ricky was active during Fall 515, so for future graders, please make a note saying that you don't have to pay living expenses during that season if you were not active.

Comments: Nice thread and right to the point. I enjoyed reading the banter from both of you and Ricky is certainly a charming fellow.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous