Painted Black & Blue

[Ball, later Nivel and Arch] In which a brat gets what he deserves (and a little more for good measure)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Painted Black & Blue

Postby Cor Alspach on January 29th, 2016, 4:21 am

77 × Winter × 515

It hadn’t been easy. First off, no one knew much information of a Knight named Virgil. When pairing that with Cor’s description of the man, it was impossible. It was a whim that he had which led him to the stairs that led to the squire’s dorm. The boy stood at the base, watching, waiting, thinking, and ultimately getting sore legs from standing in one place so long.

As the squires came and went in singles or in little clusters, Cor gave them friendly smiles. Even nodded a kind greeting to some who gave him looks of puzzlement. He wasn’t doing any harm though and technically not breaking any rules. One squire paused for a moment “You thinking of joining, then?” he asked, far too enthusiastically.

Cor looked down at his toes nervously. “Kinda, Mum won’t let me yet though,” he said, complete with feigned honesty weaved through his voice. That one had been planned the day before and the boy was actually rather happy he was able to use it.

The squire gave a knowing nod. “She’ll come around to it, just you wait. Mine was the same way but she changed her mind once the Knights stopped a robbery on our house. If it is meant to be it will happen!” With a short nod the squire was gone, following his friends up the stairs. Cor wiped the fake nervousness off his face and returned it to the honest little curious boy look he so often wore. Of course if you stood in the shadows sulking or glaring, someone was bound to notice and think something was wrong. No one cared though when a curious boy watched the world go by.

The boy was nearly swept away at one point as a mob of primarily teens thundered down the stairs and off to what Cor could only guess was for dinner. His own stomach was gnawing quietly, but such things could wait, especially as that provided to be his chance. Everyone knew that the Squire dorms were off limits and that there were apparently monsters living within that would screech if they caught you...but he hadn’t heard of anything worse than that happening. With a good chunk of the squires gone for dinner though, surely they wouldn’t mind if he just had a peek around? Any information on Virgil would be good information and he had a hunch it was sitting there just out of his reach.

All that he had to do was go get it.

Cor started up the stairs.

Cor / Others / 428 words Image
Cor Alspach
Player

Words: 40048
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2016, 5:32 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Painted Black & Blue

Postby Ball on February 22nd, 2016, 4:04 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Imass has not been feeling well once again and so he had left his faithful mount once more in his dorm room, hoping to return to a fairly clean room. Last time he returned the dog was in the middle of being violently ill. It was not a pleasant night for Ball at all. He grimaced at the thought and reached up for the step's lip right rose up before him. It was several chimes since he was at the bottom, but being three inches tall and made of clay he had to take it a lot slower when it came to the unknowns of those coming down from above. Feet were not his friends. Taking stop somewhere between half and three-quarters of the way up the stairs the Pycon groaned and sat down against the wall, a muttering of words from the previous squire that ran past him and then a group followed not long after. Whew I am out of breathe. Ball heard the footfalls of another person coming up. Not many would normally be coming upward at this point and the Pycon knew it. Most squires were hungry at this moment and Hai-bent on getting food in their bellies before training once again.

So when he saw the young boy come up the stairs in street clothes Ball stood, “You are not a squire. Even a new one. It's dinner time. Most new squires would be ushered to the food hall before coming here. Meet their comrades.” The small man spoke from beside the wall before he stepped out to meet the child's eyes as they came level with him. “I would also stop moving forward at this point too if I were you. Turn around, and head back down. If you are going to join, speak with the knights in the office. Otherwise, leave.” Ball pointed back down the stairs and nodded.

Ball had a feeling that this boy-child wasn't planning on joining, just snooping. “I am even willing to assist you in locating the office and getting you setup if you like.” He shifted his body to step forward, edging his front foot to the lip of the step he stood on. Ball wasn't going to just let some person come up to the dormitories if he wasn't a squire. These were off limits for a reason, property of the Order and the squires therein where meant to be protected, their privacy was little and important. We spend far too much time training than we do anything else.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Painted Black & Blue

Postby Samuel Longwell on April 21st, 2017, 6:13 pm

Grading Complete

Please edit your grade request thread so that it's obvious that it's been graded. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/problems with your grade.

Name: Ball

XP Award:
  • Endurance 1
  • Rhetoric 1
Lore:
  • Catching a sneak
Notes:Cor, you haven't paid your SE so grade withheld. I hope you enjoy your grades Ball.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)