Dawnwhisper Goods

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Dawnwhisper Goods

Postby Naiya on November 16th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Dawnwhsiper Goods

Concept: Naiya has been a seamstress all her life, however, when she married into a small, clanless pavilion, it became apparent that her work did little to benefit her new family. She felt that she must take on new work to be of more help. She began to collect animals, helping to provide food, and she discovered that she enjoys working with them. Her plans became larger, the promise of breeding animals and training them to sell to other families entered her mind. She began to collect distinct animals, hoping to create a branch of the breed that would be tied to her family name. The influx of ungulates means that often she has supplies of milk to excess of what her small pavilion can store or consume. It has occurred to her that she might sell milk and milk products in the market, helping to supplement income where they might need it while she works on her animals. Her entrance to the market in this way would be giving families that tend other trades access to milk. This business will allow her to make connections among the other families of the city, hopefully earning herself and her pavilion a name among the others. Following this, she hopes to expand to one day selling animals as well. Once her family has something to offer, it is Naiya's hope that her pavilion will be accepted into one of the clans.

Business Type: Goods
Items Sold:
Whole Milk - 5CM/pt
with jar - 1SM/pt
Skimmed Milk - 2.5 CM/pt
with jar 9CM/pt
Cream - 1 SM/lb
with container 1SM 5CM
Butter - 1 SM/lb
with container 1SM 5CM
Herb Butter (savory) - 2SM/lb
with container 2SM 5CM
Herb Butter (sweet) - 2SM/lb
with container 2SM 5CM
Soft Cheese (plain) - 2SM/lb
with container 2SM 5CM
Soft Cheese (flavored) - 4SM/lb
with container 4SM 5CM
Paneer - 5SM/lb
with container 5SM 5CM
Yogurt (plain) - 1SM/pt
with container 1SM 5CM
Yogurt (sweet) - 2SM/pt
with container 2SM 5CM
Yogurt (flavored) - 3SM/pt
with container 3SM 5CM
Zibri hair (Single color) - Varies by Color
Zibri hair (Mixed) - Must ask ST
Base Income: Animal Handler 5 gm/day

Skill Bonus: Novice Animal Handling, no bonus

Sale's Bonus 1 gm/day

Total Income: 6 gm/day
Assets:
Shelf Set, good - 2 GM
Table, good - 3 GM
100 pint jars, ceramic unglazed - 5 GM
50 quart jars, ceramic unglazed - 5 GM
25 2-quart jars, ceramic unglazed - 5 GM
25 gallon jugs, ceramic unglazed - 5 GM
Pavilion tent - 50 GM
Covered Wagon - 45 GM
Zavian Horse - 100 GM
4 Zibri - 60 GM
4 Nanny goats - 20 GM

Total - 300 GM
Debt:
No debt, Naiya can afford all these things out of pocket.

This business will continue to grow with each season, adding zibri and goats as she can afford the expenses.
Last edited by Naiya on December 26th, 2015, 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Dawnwhisper Goods

Postby Gillar on December 26th, 2015, 12:44 am

A pretty solid start of a business plan. What is missing and what holds up possible approval though is something telling me what this business is all about other than just a title. A business description helps but also something about the concept goes further.

From the Business Plan Announcement Thread:

In this section, I'm looking for abstract detailing what your concept is for your business. This serves multiple purposes. First, it tells me in short, what your business is beyond simple lists. This will help me get some context when approving location price lists, assets, etc. Second, it makes you think about your business and why you are choosing to operate said business. By including in the abstract things like how your business will serve to benefit the city and why your business is needed in the city, you can get a better understanding of your motives for starting the business. It is important to understand that if a city already has businesses owned and operated by NPCs as well as PCs that address the needs your business is intended to fulfill, then you will probably not get your business approved (your plan may get approved but the business itself may not be allowed into the city you planned it for).
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Dawnwhisper Goods

Postby Naiya on December 26th, 2015, 4:28 pm

I'm so sorry I missed that! I read through the information and then just copied and pasted one of the examples to work from. So I've updated the original post, and I hope I managed to explain the concept well.
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Dawnwhisper Goods

Postby Gillar on December 28th, 2015, 7:38 am

Approved! A great starting business to help nurture some story arcs!

Disclaimer: This approval is valid only when noted conditions/modifications are satisfied. Final approval of the actual location is left to the attending storyteller and approval of any current or future NPCs is also not included here.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Dawnwhisper Goods

Postby Prophet on February 4th, 2016, 11:47 pm

I don't have a nifty ribbon but I approve this business for Endrykas.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)