Completed [Safehaven Hostel] Foreigners Unwelcomed

The Hostel seems to be the only place foreigners can have an open discussion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

[Safehaven Hostel] Foreigners Unwelcomed

Postby Imass on December 21st, 2015, 5:23 am

After the third drink, Imass felt comfortably numb and was able to relax for once. When Zeb spoke, the Akalak imagined hunting and slaying the gigantic beasts he talked about. Amuse from achieving such accomplishments was Garonn's mental chatter at the moment. The glory and spoils of such a victory would be satisfying indeed. Imass on the other thought of Caiya and what she represented. He wandered what the gorilla's allegiance to her was.

"Jamoura, that what they call your kind?" Imass put his hands behind his head and leaned back against the brick wall, "I am known as an Akalak. We hail from the great city Riverfall. All Akalak are similarly colored. We are a warrior and hunter race. We slay beasts on the plains of Cyprus for sport," the blueman left out many details of how they revered all their kills.

Smirking at Zeb, almost taunting him with the notion that he enjoyed the simple slaying of creatures, "Purveyor of knowledge Zeb, tell me of these beasts from your city... wait, what city do you hail from?
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Zeb on December 21st, 2015, 11:26 am

“For sport.” His voice did not change, but the brief pause between the words signalled subtle condemnation. Intellectually, Zeb could not expect the humans to strive for pacifism in all things big and small. The bird must fly, the carp must swim, and man must seek – and some of these ventures led to the hunt. Man, for better or worse, was part of nature, and Zeb would not judge an omnivore.

On a more personal level, he found it barbaric.

“I saw a bird of Cryphus once.” He said, trying to move the subject away from the hunter to the hunted. “All red and feathers and aggression, like a chicken fed on the power of Rhysol himself. It was a showcase in one of the bloodsport pits of Alvadas, and the number of chains they used on it…If that thing lurks in the grasslands of Cryphus, then the Akalak are powerful warriors indeed.” Bloodletters, yes, but might and physical prowess had little to do with morality.

“I hail from The Spires, friend Imass, and the things I have chanced across my travels nearer to home would make Cryphus fiend look as though a chicken. I have seen great cats with huge fangs near the snowlands of the Winter Queen. I have seen Snowbears so huge that they are to bears as bears are to the humans. I have seen the great eagles and their riders from the high peak soar yonder, and I have seen a monster that came from the storm,” his face darkened. “a thing that could slew even Jamoura by the dozens.” But the moment was pass, and he took another chug of the drink. It was, he thought bitterly, not going to become an acquired taste. “It’s a bigger world, sir knight. A more dangerous world, mayhaps, though do not mistake that observation for the marginalization of your struggles. But-”

How did the saying go? Nothing counts before the 'but'.

"-perhaps you may enlighten me on these struggles. The Jamoura live for hundreds of years, sir knight. I will travel every inch of this world before the next century passes - yet Sahova is barred to me. Everything that I have heard of that place has told me that the chances of my capture and experimentation should I set foot there are high. Tell me, friend knight. Tell me of the place that I can never see."
Zeb
Player

Words: 2084
Joined roleplay: December 19th, 2015, 3:46 am
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Imass on December 21st, 2015, 4:21 pm

Imass listened with wide eyes at the Jamoura's account of his homeland of the Spires and the beasts within it. Garonn was so delighted at the recount of such a mystical land, his leg began to shake like an overly excited dog.

"I must visit the Spires once in my life then and go on a hunt... I have hunted the birds that you speak of. They are called Glassbeaks and Akalaks are a great match up for them. On my first hunt, my best-friend's brother was slain and more of my friends were injured. The sport is a bloody one for sure," Imass took a sip from his mug, then crossed his leg listening to the Jamoura speak some more.

"I am but a Knight, good sir, nothing but a knight. An extension or hand - if you will - of the good and just gods and the Fortress City of Peace. My struggles are not over yet, for I must return to my duty as soon as possible," He took another sip, "Anyways, you wish to hear of Sahova huh?" The Knight chuckled trying to block out the memories from his mind, "It is a truly horrifying place. I curse the day that I ever stepped foot on that blighted isle,"

Spitting on the floor, a somber look came to his face. He leaned in closer and whispered, "They do experiments in there, horrible, terrifying, Sylir forsaken experiments," Imass shuddered, "I wish not recount those details, but just know it is not a friendly place,"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zeb on December 21st, 2015, 4:46 pm

Zeb had begun to notice a certain ebb and flow in the blue human -the Akalak's- speech patterns. It was subtle, but there was a change in cadence, a near-flawless transition from repressed excitement to...Was the Akalak a mad man? Three years imprisoned on the isle of the dead could not have done anything good for the knight's psyche. It was a wonder alone that he still had any fire in him after such an ordeal.

"I understand, sir knight, I will pry no further." It was a pity, but he would take what he could from inference as Imass grew more intoxicated. "The Fortress of peace, on the other hand, I do wish to pry. In fact, I have an offer for you. If all goes according to plan, I intend to visit Syliras next. I often employ a mercenary to guard me on my journey. My stature is deterrent enough, but after that last Balicani attack...Well, let us simply say that while I have some small martial skill, I am no hardened warrior. I do not travel to suffer the harassment of airborne serpents."
Zeb
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shurezza Lotus on December 21st, 2015, 5:18 pm

In one of the double suites of the hostel resided a rather macabre being, wandering off in thought with her legs folded behind her crossed arms. Her expression was that of apathy, though her eyes deep and glistening forsook the tale her visage denied. The young part-Symenestra female turned her head towards the small window of her room and sighed—another day wasted. Seeing the sun set, she pushed herself off of the shabby hostel bed and put on her robe and shoes. The night was her hour.

The girl slowly paced her way down the tight halls towards the common room, arms crossed before her. As she turned the corner towards the hearth, her eyes were immediately met by a giant fuzzy man-beast and a toned blue man. Her heart skipped a beat; was she in danger? Her mind skipped thoughts as she began to hug the wall in hiding with her palms outstretched beside her. She had heard of creatures of a sort before—Jamoura, they called them. Beyond name, she knew little of them or their nature. The blue one she felt much safer about, but apprehensive at best.

In a bout of hastened courage the half-Sym regained her posture and walked forth. She kept her head forward with her flowing silver hair covering her face but her eyes remained locked in a gaze to the side at the two figures. Like a deer in caught in the headlamps of a carriage her feet suddenly froze in place, leaving her awkwardly stranded. In a city filled with brawlers, peddlers and lechers, she feared becoming the subject of a powerful person's attention... or worse, the victim of their stress. She could only turn her head to look upon them, but she quickly jerked it back the other way with a sharp squeal when her eyes met the blue one's. She immediately covered her mouth with her hands, revealing her jet-black nails. She was doomed.

"I..." slipped through her fingers.
This isn't my main so expect my to suffer my flickering muse between what few threads I take.

All images of the model ("IA") displayed through this account (Shurezza Lotus) are protected by Fair Use (Sec. 107 of the Copyright Act), granted under official public documentation of the original copyright holder.
©2012-2015 1st PLACE, Inc. Used with permission.
A translation of the linked document can be found here.
Shurezza Lotus
Kalinor's Sapphire

Words: 8581
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2014, 3:10 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Imass on December 22nd, 2015, 2:03 am

The knight nodded profoundly at Zeb's non-direct request to hire him as a mercenery. It would be good to have more allies along the journey to Sylira, especially with no cut roads, Imass thought it was a good idea, the more people in the caravan the better the odds for safety.

"Verily, I must accept your offer Jamoura, I intend to leave the first day of spring considering everything goes --" That is when the Akalak noticed a lithe girl making her way towards the two, " - don't look, but a cute girl is coming our way, don't blow it Zeb... I've been locked away for over three years..." Imass whispered as he nudged the gorilla, "Yes, good sir! The weather has been clearing up nicely, we may soon by able to amble through the gardens of Nyka," Imass changed the subject as not to appear brooding and plotting as before.

Zeb turned around looking at her, trying to play it off as if he was looking at someone else. Imass' dull yellow eyes locked with the girl's, but that seemed to startle her. She covered her mouth and squeaked. The Akalak could tell that she was somewhat intimidated based on her body language.

With the most calm and soothing voice he could manage, Imass beckoned her over, "Good-eve young lady," The towering blue man stood up and bowed very low as a sign of respect, "It is my pleasure to meet you," He stood up offered her a hand palm up and did not squeeze, "I am Imass and this is my very gentle and kind friend, Zeb, won't you take a seat with us?"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Zeb on December 25th, 2015, 6:58 am

"No." For the first time ever, Zeb's voice took on a stern tone. His dead eyes, his perpetually snarling countenance, and the very fact that he was the largest thing in the room suddenly became very, very noticeable. The girl backed away from Imass, palm abandoned. "No, you are a sworn knight of the fortress of peace, Imass, and though this place suggests nothing of decor, we are discussing business. You will conduct yourself. Good miss, pardon his hastiness, but you will not be fornicating this day. Good. Day."

He dismissed her, and she was eager to oblige, all but running away from the sudden lecture. "You are drunk, sir knight. You will thank me for this when sobriety returns." Though he suspected his loins might not. "I have things to attend to before the sun sets, but we will meet again in preparation for the road to Syliras. I bid you good day."
Zeb
Player

Character sheet

Postby Imass on December 25th, 2015, 7:19 am

Imass stared with a dropped jaw as Zeb dismissed the woman with a speed so great, the knight could not respond. Fearful the gorilla, the lithe girl ran away with muffled cry.

"Who are you to wave your finger at me Jamoura?" The quickness he had consumed the drinks began to catch up to him though. He may have over done it, "Where are you going Zeb? You ruined that for me, what the shyke?" In confusion the knight suddenly found himself sitting around again. Shrugging he turned back to the fire and continued singing softly his sad song.

"For~ three long years~ I've been darkness~ No pleasure here on Mizahar I can find~ I have no comrades to help me now~ help me now~"

The Knights words were slurred now and sloppy, but the emotions were much deeper now. A single tear rolled down his eye.

"I am bound to ramble and wander~ perhaps I'll die in this city~ until I can fly away~ fly away~ There is only one promise that is given~ I will meet you once again when I die~"

Finally, Imass was too tired to stay awake, so he slowly walked back up the stairs to his cot where he immediately fell asleep to a dreamless slumber.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Elias Caldera on February 5th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Behold, Your Just Reward!

Imass

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Singing +2
  • Observation +3
  • Intimidation +1
  • Negotiation +1
  • Bartering +1
  • Storytelling +2
  • Socialization +3
  • Flirting +1
  • Rhetoric +1

Lores
  • Jamoura: Great Apes of The Spires
  • The Spires: A Land of Great Beasts
  • Staving Off Hopelessness With Song
  • Jamoura: Live For Centuries

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • Hung Over
    Ugh...

• Cock Blocked by a Giant Monkey
    How very confusing and frustrating for you.

Loot and Expenses
  • None

Comments :
    Well, that was an odd assortment of characters.

Don't Forget

Now that your thread is graded, be sure to edit your grade request to reflect as much. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message and we'll work it out together.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous