[Flashback] Encounter of the Two Stars [Orion]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Rigil Kentaurus on June 10th, 2010, 12:41 am

Echoes of various voices created a humming sensation along the streets while Orion and Rigil faced each other, deep within the folds of their conversation. Rigil’s eyes narrowed as he listened with a deep misgiving, shaking his head slightly. He parted his feet, hooking his thumb along the strap across his chest. His other hand seemed to uselessly fall to his side, his shoulders rising and falling as he took in deep breaths to maintain composure, something which was easy to do for him.

“I suppose what you say is true, but I just do not see it,” he sighed,raising one hand to rub his forehead. “I’m not lying. I fell seven years ago. I’ve travelled along the northern lay of the land and well, I know I have a vocation as a scribe, but why was it that I fell? Surely, if you say we are all meant for something..then what is it, Orion? What are you here for?”

He then returned his hand to hook his fingers along the strap as he lifted his chin, his eyebrows drooping down into a thoughtful frown.

“I am aware of those Ethaefals who have lost themselves and have lost the grace of Syna and Leth,” he said slowly, scratching his cheek casually. “I’m always afraid I would become someone like that. That..would be a horrible fate indeed. May it be Lhex has not called me here for that reason alone.”

Sighing aloud, he rubbed his chest and then cleared his throat. The cognitive pain of memories seemed to truly hinder his own desire to rise above his grief. Lacking any ambition, Rigil simply floated along the tides of fate.

“Anyhow, it’s a pleasure to meet another Ethaefal, even if we are both in our mortal forms,” he attempted a forced smile. “Maybe you’re right about trust. I guess it’s something I will need to learn on my own until I have been garnered with the wisdom needed to survive in this world.”
Rigil Kentaurus
The Adept Savant

Words: 40544
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2010, 10:27 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Orion on June 10th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Orion`s face lit up with a strange glow as a nerby passenger flew by through the street holding some sort of a lantern. The distraction was brief but it was enough to divert his thougts back just in time to hear Rigil`s words. His facial expression stretched slightly as he was unsure what were that kind of words doing inside an immortal. He watched Rigil`s arms move around making much more movements than needed, and that alone gave him the impression that the kin was nervous, and so was he.

"You have no reason to suppose is it true, no need to embrace something that you can`t believe, no need to litsen to me if it does not sound logical to you. This is but the one of many truths i acquired during my walk on this plane, and it is the one that makes me feel alive, the one that makes me feel joy and gives me a reason to go on. Why am i here? I would like to believe i am here to help you recompose some hidden parts of you sanity, for even if you are one of my own immortal brothers, you seem as confused as these sheep like humans flooding the streets around us" he drew a deep breath while turning around to see if anyone was pulled closer by hearing his last words, and he found no one there, well at least not anyone he could notice.

"Simply believe you fell down here to spread words in the shape of happiness, joy, sadness, anger, hate..... yes the list goes on, but all you really need to believe is what you are doing is right both by you and by those around you. I have the impression i make myself unclear from time to time, since sometimes even i have trouble understanding my own mind. I believe i am here to guide these sheep like mortal creatures to the stars and back, wether it be through an action, a map or a mere glimpse at the sky, just for a moment, with them facing the sky, i have my escape too. An escape from reality, troubles, hunger, even dreams, for when i speak of the divine heights we once called home, i feel as divine as i was in the days prior to my fall" Orion drew a quick breath before moving off to the side of the street only to sit down leaning back on a wall.

Just sitting there for a while and looking around to make sure he is not atracting too much attention, after all, he was not having a death wish. And he both knew and heard of some people who would brag their asses off if they could prove they have seen an Ethaefal, but even after all there were not that many people that could recognize him for anything but too tall when he was in his celestial form. He actually looked worried a little when the fellow kin spoke of losing his mind, and going insane. Sighsing he spoke only so briefly: "You will keep your sanity" he did not want to explain it any further, but he knew that those who worry and care about it are always the ones to make it through.

He heard the last of the words that flew out of Rigil, but he either lacked the will or the strength to continue speaking, as he just nodded simply unsure of what did he just nod to.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on November 25th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Thread Award!
Rigil

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Rhetoric 2 Moderate use of poetic language
Interrogation 2 Basic casual and personal questioning

Lore
Connecting with Brothers

Orion

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Rhetoric 4 Excessive use of poetic language and higher diction
Interrogation 1 Basic casual and personal questioning
Observation 1 Basic observations of surroundings and speech

Lore
Connecting with Brothers
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous