Flashback Zeltiva to Syliras - with love

Shimoje joins the Tipsy Wench to Syliras

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Zeltiva to Syliras - with love

Postby Shimoje on May 8th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Zeltiva to Syliras – with love. 86th of Fall 516 A.V.

“Be careful out there Shimoje.”
His neighbor said before giving him to the Tipsy Wench. Shimoje was nervous at first. His neighbor originally worked out a deal for Shimoje to work aboard the ship while taking him to Syliras to investigate his father’s death. The Captain, Yngvarr Adelwine, was happy to have another crewmember aboard his trade vessel. He also needed one with some mechanical skill.

“Welcome ‘board Shimoje!”
Yngvarr said. “First a tour of the ship!” The captain said enthusiastically. “This here be the Tipsy Wench, and she is a feisty one!” he noted towards Shimoje as he approached up the centreplank. “That there is called the centreplank, it retracts up onto the ship when we aren’t sailing. Go ahead, take a try at it. You simply have to pull it up.” The captain was smiling knowing that is was almost always a two man job to retract the plank.

Shimoje tried his hardest, but was not able to move the plank whatsoever. Embarrassingly he was just about to give up when the captain helped him out and successfully pulled it in. “There ye go. You’re going to have to gain muscles eventually boy!”

Shimoje now turned around to see the main deck. A grated hole was the first thing that was mostly apparent. A simple sling system was set up to retract things from the bottom of the ship to the top of the deck. “This here is the main deck. Here the crew would use the masts and weaponry aboard the ship. Just about everything needed to sail is aboard the main deck.” The captain said as he walked towards the main mast.

“This mast is the main mast. This here has the main boom and you can retract it by rope, you can attach the sheet for sail by a halyard shackle on the top which has an eyelit. Care to climb up?” The captain asked. Shimoje was mildly afraid of heights and shook his head exuberantly no. “No matter, you will eventually learn that. I’ve got to teach yah the basics before we head out though. Don’t want the crew making fun of you even more, huh baldy?” Chuckled captain Yngvarr.

The captain walked over to the next sail and explained the luff, and how to rig the various parts of the sail to Shimoje. “We aren’t going anywhere yet, but you will be able to watch the crew operate the ship before I throw you in, of course.” Retorted the captain. “I am more fit for other things, like I notice that board there is out of place, I could fix that.” Shimoje responded to the captain. “Aye, but if you are aboard this wench you will learn to sail as well.”

The captain then went on to explain the boom in greater detail, and the various forecastle and functions of different sails. Now on to ropes. “I have to teach you some basic knots we use here on this ship, I don’t expect you to get it right away, but here goes!” The captain walked over to a spare rope on the portside where the centerboard was. “This here is a half hitch. Go ahead and try it.” In conjunction the two practiced various knots and loops on the rope. The power cinch, half hitch, eight loop, anchor hitch, bowline, carrick bend, clove hitch, soft shackle, and heaving line knot. It was all too much at this time, but the bells spent was well worth it. The captain’s patience for Shimoje was great, and he almost enjoyed teaching the young bald headed Zeltivian.

Soon enough another mate of the ship arrived Siv Muirenn. “Hey Siv, show Shimoje here around the rest of the ship, I’ve got to prepare some stuff.” The captain said to Siv. “Alrighty.” He responded.

“So you’re joining us to Syliras? It’s going to be a long and dangerous trip, up for the challenge?”
Siv said to Shimoje “No matter come with me.” Siv proceed to the rear of the ship where the captains quarters was. “This here door leads to the captains quarters. You’re not allowed in there without permission.” Siv said. “And these here steps lead to the mid deck and the bottom deck. The mid deck houses the rooms for passengers and the mess hall. The bottom deck holds the storage that is lowered from that pulley you saw up above and the main crew sleeps there as well. Come we will introduce you to Feid, or Feidlimid Rigantona, my that’s a mouthful!” Siv had said while ushering Shimoje down the steps.

The mid deck was amply lit and various doors led to different passenger rooms which by observing an open door Shimoje saw weren’t all that large. Mainly a cot, desk, and chair was inside. A fine looking brunette with white corset greeted Shimoje, spoon in hand cooking the daily meal for the crew. “Who is this baldy?” She said smiling. “Shimoje, pleased to meet you. Feid, right?” Shimoje responded while patting his bald head.

“Feidlimid to you. I don’t know you, least not yet. Better watch your eyes boys, I see you eying my bussom.” She snarled toward Shimoje who was almost staring her up and down for a brief moment. “Anywho, I am the cook of this ship, and dinner should be ready here shortly.” She responded. The smell was seemed utterly delicious. Various vegetables cooked into a broth with fish and potatoes.

Shimoje walked over and sat at a table in the mess hall. The tables had already been set with various wooden utensils and plates. When suddenly the fine woman asked him to help out, and Siv was nowhere in sight. He most likely knew that if he stayed he would be put to work the same as Shimoje.

“Do me a favor and fetch the dried rosemary over there hanging from the spice section.”
She pointed over to the cabinet which had a variety of different crates and empty kegs filled with food. Shimoje returned with some rosemary. “Well whatcha waiting for, start plucking the leaves off!” Shimoje gave her a rude face, but continued to do so, gently rubbing the leaves from the stem off, placing them in a pile on the table next to Feid. She grabbed them and placed them in the pot. Suddenly the ship started to shake and waves crashed against the side rocking the ship back and forth. “Oh, we set sail! Don’t get seasick in my messhall.” She said. Shimoje was already not feeling so good. The motion of the ship was fairly unnerving to him. Though this brunette seemed to not be phased by it one bit, and skillfully continued to cook despite the rocking of the ship.

Speech Thoughts

Last edited by Shimoje on May 27th, 2016, 6:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on May 8th, 2016, 10:18 pm

Zeltiva to Syliras – with love 515 A.V.

Now on sail, Shimoje grabbed hold of the tables, as the ship attempted to navigate against the harsh waters of the coast. Feid walked over to him and started to rub his back to comfort him. She couldn’t bear to see too much suffering, but ultimately did not want him getting sick in her messhall. “Just breathe, you’re fine.” She spoke softly to him. Shimoje enjoyed the touch, but ultimately couldn’t get the gutwrenching feeling to subside.

“You must be tired anyways, here use this room over here and lay down till we get smooth sailing.”
She said, helping him walk to the bed and then shutting the door. Shimoje was quick to close his eyes and fall asleep despite all of the shaking of the ship.

He awoke next morning, and noticed a more gentle waving of the ship, his body more accustomed to the movement. At least until he got up and started to walk around. Exiting the room, the scent of food wafted through the air. “Here, I saved you a meal.” Feid said to him. He went over and ate his meal. “Thank you. It was delicious.” She wasn’t used to being thanked, often the crew expected their meals and were fairly rude to her if it didn’t taste good or was a nice hot meal. The winter breeze almost made the crew demand a hot meal all the time.

“You should probably go talk to cap’n, but before you go up I have some spare crew clothes for you to wear. They should offer more warmth than what you got. Just make sure you wash and take care of them. They belong to the ship. Also, the cap’n requires you to wear gloves on the main deck.” Feid handed over the neatly folded clothes to Shimoje who amply started to take off his shirt in front of her. “What are you doing, change in the room!” She said as staring the skinny Zeltivian down.

Shimoje, only mildly embarrassed went into the room and changed, taking his time as the rocking of the ship mildly set him off balance a few times when trying to remove his pants. A slight bumping on the door every now and then occurred from the process. “What were you doing in there?” Feid asked curiously. “Changing, what else?” Shimoje responded back with a weird look in his face. “I only know bumps that loud… nevermind.” She said as almost blushing. Clearly the woman’s demeanor had taken a liking to the boy, but Shimoje only knew her to be like this. He hadn’t seen the way she reacted to the other crew members yet.

Taking the stairs, Shimoje appeared on top deck to quickly see a mass of crewmembers arranging sail and navigating various parts of the ship to change direction with the wind. “Folly South, catch that wind!” Yngvarr yelled out to the crew noticing Shimoje now on deck. “Well, whatya waiting for! Grab the there rope and help turn sail! Stay there till I tell you to pull with all your might, then latch’er down on the clevis.”

Shimoje did as was asked of him, and didn’t want to seem the lazy sort. He was actually glad to have a purpose. The rope demanded as much strength as he could muster, but when a strong gale picked up it nearly knocked him on his arse when other crewmembers came over to help him out. They pulled and pulled till finally the sail caught wind and released the slack. They manage to tie her down and the ship began to pick up speed.

“There we go! This should keep her steady for some time. Normally we wouldn’t sail straight to Syliras, but we missed north winds, so we will have to rush out before the die.”
The captain spoke out. Shimoje had no idea what he was talking about. “North winds?” he asked. “When the seasons change, so do te wind. If we don’t hurry, we may be stuck inland and not make it to Syliras. I have a large trade haul aboard the ship which must reach it there.”

Shimoje sat down on the deck exhausted and looked around. He noticed two ballistae and a bombard. “What are those for?” he said while looking at the weapons. “Seas be treacherous. If not beasts of the seas, then surely pirates. They act as defense.” The captain responded. “May I?” Shimoje asked. “sure.”

He walked over to the ballistae and noticed the huge contraption which was fit with an already loaded spearhead. He noticed that they had a lever reaction with a set of heavy springs that flung the spear forwards. He dare not touch the lever, which was locked in place anyways, but he didn’t want to risk firing. Upon moving to the bombard to inspect it he nearly tripped over a coiled rope, which immediately threw an idea into his head. “I wonder, if one attached a rope to the spear, it could act as a sling of some sort to anchor whatever it hits?” Shimoje said aloud. The crew laughed at his statement almost in disbelief which the captain immediately put to rest. “You are right, it could be used as such now that I think about it.” Yngvarr said. “Want to try it out?” He asked.

Shimoje hadn’t expected to have the ability to fire a weapon so soon on his voyage. He started to tie the rope to the spear and then tied the other end to a hitch anchor on the ship. “But what will I fire at, it doesn’t have a great range, I believe.” The captain climbed the mast to the crowsnest. “Oi, set east three turns to click!” he barked out, which the crew immediately responded. “Clicks?” Shimoje asked one of the crewmembers. “That is just our cap’ns way of saying turns of the mast. One click is one half rotation. So three clicks is a rotation and a half. This would point the sail northeast.” The dirty crewmember responded seriously.

“See that best in thar water? It’s a spearhead, most likely we attracted it when we came too close to it’s home. It’s been stealthily following us soon, and most likely try to ram the ship.”
The captain explained from above while climbing down. Shimoje couldn’t see it at first, but when it came close it managed to nudge the ship’s hull causing it shake a bit. “Hurry up, hit it. Aim for the neck!” the captain said as if in panic.
“But I don’t know where it is now.” Shimoje said as trying to look over the side of the ship. “There, straight below. Fire boy. Fire!” Shimoje unlocked the ballistae and let loose. The whizzing sound of the springs inside the ballistae and the elasticity of the draw string snapped loose and let the spear, rope and all whizz downwards to the sea below. It struck the fish in the gills and penetrated full through the neck of the spearhead.

“Oi!, Good shot! Aghh. Brace yourself!”
The captain said, but it was too late, Shimoje fell forward and the ship turned and locked in place from the result of the fist sinking down below. The crew was quick to raise the sails and stop the ship from moving.

Shimoje fell into the water harshly and landed not too far from the rope that was on the spearhead, blood seeping into the sea floating up from down below. With a few gargles and much struggle Shimoje attempted to keep himself afloat, but his struggle and lack of knowing how to swim only made him lose his energy fast. “Relax! Take a deep breath and hold it in your longs, Relax and gently pettle your feet, don’t let go of that rope!” Yelled the captain to Shimoje down below. Various other commands could be heard as Shimoje bounced into and out of the water trying to stay afloat while holding onto the line. Suddenly the rope was being pulled out of the sea by a flurry of many arms pulling up on the rope. The struggle of the men up aboard were riddled with grunts and a harmonious “pull. Pull. Pull.” Set forth in a cadence.

Shimoje attempted to keep his death grip on the rope, scared for his life, soon enough the rope slammed into the ship and using his legs he propped himself onto it for support, using each various section of wood to help climb the side of the ship as they pull him, and fish aboard. Four arms descended from over the ship and grabbed hold of Shimoje as he was plopped onto the deck, large spearhead alongside him.

A few pounds on his chest, and Shimoje hiccupped some of the salty water he had swallowed during his venture into the sea. Feid came up on deck amongst all the commotion and questioned the crew what was going on. “Shimoje here saved our boat by killing this spearhead!” One of the crewmembers said. “Looks like he was the one needing saving, what happened?” She asked worried and looking at the spearhead. “Didn’t you feel it, down there? This spearhead was ramming our ship! Shimoje got the bright idea of tying a rope to the ballistae to catch the fish!” the crewmember said.

Almost choking on his words Shimoje began explaining how that was just not the case “It was just an idea, I didn’t…” He was interrupted by the captain patting him harshly on the back “Better now?” Yngvarr said as he kneeled down and whispered in Shimoje’s ear “it’s hard to earn the crew’s respect, you best leave it and pretend to be hero.” The captain said with a smile.

Speech Thoughts

Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on May 8th, 2016, 11:57 pm

Caution: This post has some sexual content.

Cold and shivering, Shimoje was almost in shock from what had occurred, he looked over at the spearhead and nearly jumped by its ugliness. The beast was like no other that he has ever seen, and he only wanted to inspect it. A crewmember came over and draped a warm fur over Shimoje. “Yer no use dead, dontcha need to catching ill.” The crew broke out in almost a nervous laughter. One of the crew members went over and kicked the spearhead in the stomach. It squirmed and knocked a bit, startling the man as he tumbled backwards and tripped over Shimoje, landing in his laps.

A few of the crewmember joked out “Oi, didn’t know you swung that way, Shimoje!” He could only laugh with the rest of the crew and in a weird act made a joking kissy face towards the man in his lap. The man quickly jumped out of his lap and embarrassed walked away. The captain also laughing at Shimoje’s antics quickly responded with “I feel ye to fit in well here, Shimoje. Come we should talk inside meh cabin.”

Surprisingly this was a grace that happened fairly rarely. Upon entering the rather large cabin, Shimoje immediately took note of the clutter; beer kegs, maps, various navigation tools and charts, along with a cot and some books and brewing equipment. “Care for a drink? I have some kelp beer here or if you prefer some moonshine” Shimoje hadn’t partaken in drinks much, but he dare not go against the captains offer. Pouring the kelp beer into a mug Shimoje quickly shared drink with the captain.

“So why are you exactly heading to Syliras?” He asked diligently. Shimoje swallowed his drink almost causing tear to form. He wasn’t used to the taste, and found it almost too bitter, but still sipped at it from time to time. Noticing his sips the captain took a gulp himself and Shimoje joined him in the gulp. Putting down the cup the captain laughed as Shimoje coughed a bit. “I am searching for information leading to my dead father.” He said almost feeling dizzy.

“Oh, he died in Syliras?” the captain questioned. “I am not sure, this mysterious messenger delivered a letter explaining a bit of his death and gave me these woodcarving tools.” Shimoje grew depressed at the topic and the beer didn’t help any. He instantly grew sad, and still shivered from the cold of plummeting into the sea. “Eitherway, that was some talent back there, where did you learn to use those like that?” the captain asked. Shimoje swallowed his pride and genuinely responded “I used to fidget with all sorts of gadgets in father’s house. I was sort of lonely back in Zeltiva and stayed to myself. I mostly just stayed in the house and kept to myself and invented various things. Eventually my father wound up missing and my neighbors most often took care of me anyways.” Shimoje delved into his past with a deep sorrow. He continued on with his lifestory as the captain listened as if he hadn’t heard a story in some time. “I generally like to study and learn new things, as you might have guessed when teaching me the knots. Thank you for everything you are doing for me.” Shimoje said solemnly once again looking down at his cup, swallowing his sorrows in another gulp of kelp beer.

“I am sure you will do fine here, but the journey will be long and hard for you, and I don’t mean the trip to Syliras.”
The captain said. “Do you plan on staying with us after you find what you need in Syliras?” Shimoje thought about the question and came to the conclusion that the people aboard the ship had already done more for him than his family ever had. “I have no father, and don’t know anything of my mother. I would enjoy sticking around.” Shimoje replied.

“Well there you have it. You are officially part of the crew now!” Yngvarr excitedly replied. He stood up and walked over to one of his cabinets and pulled out a wristband. “This armband is to signify your loyalty to the Tipsy Wench. Wear it with pride. When you are off the ship, it will remain aboard until you are welcomed more into the family. Without this the crew would likely treat you differently.”

The leather armband had a hitch knot on the back end to easily fit to his wrist and tighten down. It bore the symbol of a tankard across it’s slick 3 inch thick band which amply fit to the arm. Shimoje strapped it to his arm and noted the difference it made to his arm. He enjoyed the feel to it, and furthermore enjoyed that he was now part of the crew, aside from officially being part of the family. “Being part of the crew and becoming family is far different, don’t be mistaken. Once you are part of the family another symbol will be branded on the band like so." The captain held out his own armband and a boat steering wheel was brandished under the tankard.

Shimoje looked at captain Yngvarr with admiration and seemed to respect the man. Not only had he taken him in, but he made him feel like he could become part of his family. He didn’t know much about Captain Yngvarr at this time, but he felt he would eventually learn.

Shimoje in his drunken state began to slurr his words and laugh, tossing his body about the cabin. “Oi you are already drunk?” The captain laughed as he yelled for Feid to escort him to the crew’s deck. “Already taking advantage of the lad?” she smiled poking fun at the captain. “No more than you, I am sure.” He replied with a smirk.

The fine brunette took hold under Shimoje’s arm and helped him get down the stairs. The ship set sail once again and in the movement Shimoje slipped and looked for something to grab onto, mistakenly grabbing onto Feid’s breasts. The women let out a slight scoff and then instantly grabbed onto Shimoje’s privates and took grab. In Shimoje’s shock he instantly got turned on, but let go of Feid’s breast finally realizing what he had done. She let go of him in response and turned to him slamming him to the wall. “Likely you won’t attempt that again, huh?” She snarled. In his altered state of mind Shimoje smirked and replied. “Felt… good, Likely would.” He laughed and just as Shimoje said such the woman let go of him and he stumbled down the stairs, continuing to laugh.

Feid, shaking her head followed and once again grabbed underneath his arms and took him to the room he had slept in before in the passenger’s area. “Can’t have the hero be shown in this state with the crew, shall we? I will cook up that spearhead for yah tomorrow, and keep some of it’s teeth for you, maybe you could line that leather armband with it?” She said as nearly carrying him to his bed.

In the struggle Shimoje didn’t dare let go, the combination of the beer and the ship’s movement made him fairly dizzy. Grabbing onto Feid’s torso in a hug, he placed his head against her stomach and not being used to a woman being in his presence didn’t want her to leave. He enjoyed the company, but Feid wasn’t having it. “Let go!” she said. Shimoje just responded with “No, I’ll fall through the ship!” Shimoje was far too drunk to know what he spoke of, and the brunette just laughed at his silly remarks.

“Let go or you will regret it.” Feid responded. “No. What going to plummet me to the ocean?” He replied. That reminded her that he was still soaking and it was unhealthy to sleep in cold wet clothes. “stay still, or I will plummet you somewhere.” She said. Shimoje didn’t dare move. With an amount of struggle removing the buttons of the clothes Feid slowly undressed Shimoje, removing his top to expose his skinny stomach. He had decent abs, despite his underbuilt body. Likely from not being able to be properly fed, and good genetics, mostly genetics. She slowly worked towards his pants and gently weaved them off his body to reveal that he hadn’t been wearing undergarments. An excited part seemed to come out to say hello to the woman.

Upon seeing it she grew curious in nature. “Why are you so full of energy?” She asked Shimoje. “ohs, I am most certainly not!” He replied in a slur of words. The woman once again grabbed upon his parts “This begs to differ.” Shimoje grimaced in the action and was far too drunk to react accordingly. He only stated “Hey!” to her before passing out.

There Feid simply continued to undressing Shimoje and in her plight scoffed out “No fun.” And left the room after hanging up the wet clothes to dry outside of the room.

Speech Thoughts

Last edited by Shimoje on May 11th, 2016, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on May 9th, 2016, 1:09 am

Caution: This post has some sexual content.

Shimoje slept for nearly three days. Remaining mostly naked and tossing and turned in his bed. His slumber was mostly caused from a slight fever, taken care of by Feid who came and took care of her new shipmate. She was careful in taking care of him, but it was strange that she kept him mostly naked. Her reasoning was that the blankets would provide enough warmth for him. He would only wake every so often by Feid who would provide food and drink for the ill Shimoje. Most likely the fever was occurred from dehydration, water change, and falling into the sea.

On the fourth day Shimoje awoke disoriented and completely naked. He recalled only a bit of his exotic scene with Feid and awoke excited from the morning. With no clothes in sight in the passenger’s room he peeked open the door to notice crewmembers in the mess hall eating. Slouching down, his near excitement touching the floor he attempted his hand at sneaking to the quarters. Most of the crew grew quiet just before letting out in an uproar of laughter. Shimoje’s headache started to ring inside his head, and in his embarrassment he turned first to the crowd of crewmembers laughing up at him. The captain there who cleared his throat and pointed behind the slouching naked Zeltivian. Shimoje turned to look where he saw Feid, arms crossed, tapping her foot. “Get back in bed, you bigot! I will be there to take care of you later!” The crew responded in an uproar of laughs to which Feid responded and took out both her daggers. “Shut up, else your entrails be fed to the fishes!” mildly blushing.

She returned back to properly serve the rest of the crew. A few snarky remarks from the crewmembers resulted in her slamming her dagger down into one of the tables, taking up a much strong feminine stance before the men and pulling one of them closer to her by the beard. “What part of shut up don’t you understand?” She snarled to the man. At that instance everyone, including the captain, remained quiet for the rest of the meal. “I should do that more often.” She scoffed out as a majority of the crew left to man the ship once again. The captain remaining behind.

“How is he?” he asked Feid. “Aside from a mild fever, he should be fine with plenty of rest, and maybe a woman’s touch.” She said. The captain smiled and shook his head in response. “Take that much of a liking to the boy.” He asked. “He is a bit mature for his age, and far more interesting than you lot.” Her remarks didn’t nearly offend the Captain. He was used to her attitude and overall presence aboard the ship. In fact he found it a welcomed change from all the men aboard the ship. “Don’t break his heart too much.” The captain responded before draping his coat over his shoulders and leaving upstairs to properly guide his crew in the sailing.

Shimoje remained in his room, mostly naked and covered up in his blankets laying down. The door abruptly opened with Feid rushing into the room with no sense of privacy. Shimoje reacted by trying to hastily grab the blankets and cover himself up. “Don’t act so shy now.” She sweetly said. Shimoje was bewildered but remembered about how she had already seen him and touched him. He grew excited once more at the thought, showing through the blankets.

“How are you feeling?” She asked him looking down at the blankets. The waves of the shift catered against the hull, and the feeling still made him uncomfortable a bit. “Tired and thirsty, but feeling a bit better.” He remarked, now blushing, brushing his hands over his excitement. “You really are beautiful.” He said to Feid. She reacted with a smile “You are an unusual one. Most men would demand they have me right away.” She remarked back.

Shimoje had no other answer to her besides “I am not most men.” She approached Shimoje and sat at the edge of his cot. “I don’t usually do this, but …” She leaned over and reached under the blankets, only causing Shimoje to jump in response. What occurred next would remain in Shimoje’s memory for quite some time.

Letting out both a harbored breath of relief and sigh, Shimoje looked next to him see Feid’s hair across her face. He gently brushed it aside and attempted something he hadn’t done before. Growing ever closer to Feid his lips brushed against her, gently opening in the exchange of breath and tongue. She was very gentle with the man, knowing him a virgin, well not so much anymore. Her experience spoke for itself, and she considered him lucky to be his first.

“Feid, who am I?” The Zeltivian pondered as looking into her beautiful eyes. Her lips parted and with a deep breath she responded “Perhaps confused, just as we all are.” She kissed him softly on the lips and smiled “Why do you ask?”

Shimoje cuddled next to her and placed his face against her neck in support. She enjoyed the difference from every other man she had been with. Shimoje had far more emotion and heart than what she was used to. “I don’t know, I guess I wonder what even makes me go to Syliras.” He said to her as if whispering in her ears, gently laying a kiss on her neck after his words. With a slight moan she responded back to him “The captain told me of what happened. When you arrive to Syliras do what you have to, and make sure you find what you are looking for.” She said back to him.

Shimoje pressed his body against hers and fell asleep once again, entangled in her arms, and comforted by her sweet embrace. He enjoyed her heated body, which remained naked next to his.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on May 9th, 2016, 1:59 am

Arrival to Syliras

Many weeks had passed aboard the Tipsy Wench, and Shimoje quickly grew accepted by most of the crewmembers, and despised by others. Other men aboard the ship had looked to Feid as a possible interest far before he had arrived on the ship. Harsh feelings were quickly avoided by Shimoje as he mostly ignored their attitudes to him. He was as happy as could be and almost forgot all about his purpose arriving to Syliras.

Spending most of his days performing various repairs and helping sail, learning the ship, and reading various books that the captain had let him borrow about sailing Shimoje’s plight nearly came to an end when the Captain finally retorted “Only two more weeks and we will be land bound for Syliras!” Shimoje was manning the forward stern navigating beside Yngvarr on the ship’s wheel. At least two crewmembers had to learn how to pilot the ship beside the captain, and Yngvarr knew that Shimoje would be a capable hand for the ship.

At first it was very unusual, and it took some getting used to for turning the wheel alongside the movement of the sails, but mostly it was a slow and tedious job that required much patience. “Has it been that long already?” Shimoje asked the captain. He replied with a simple “Yep.” As taking a swig of his favored moonshine.

“Though first we may attempt connecting a trade-route to a place called Taldera. No one has ever attempted it before.” The captain said, mainly dreaming of gaining more places to trade with and get richer.
Secret :
This is a separate plot in which will be properly annotated later upon review by a DS for a gnosis mark

Just when things across the sea seemed calm enough, a storm broke through the skies. The captain immediately took control of the wheel and started to bark out orders for the crew members to raise the sails. “If we don’t raise the sails, the ship would surely veer off. Navigating a storm is tough work. Most of the crew will have to go under ship and man the oars! Shimoje, you will stay up here with me and learn how to survive this!” The captain said enthusiastically.

Thunder crashed about the skies and the crew hastily raised all of the sails, some of which became bound and twisted during the process working against the wind. Grunts from below could be heard as men worked to oar their way through the harsh waters.

Mustering a lot of strength just to stand still on top the ship while it rocked back and forth Shimoje’s legs grew incredibly tired. “Take this rope, tie yourself to the helm like so. As a pilot it is your responsibility to stay with the ship at all times!” Yngvarr yelled out over the storm. Shimoje did as he asked and tucked the ropes between his legs. The harsh waters began to grow. “Here comes a big one! Help me with the wheel, we have to turn the rotter away from the wave, either it crack and we crash!” Shimoje grabbed hold of the wheel which violently tried turning to the left. The two pressed their body against the wheel and kept it down, occasionally being lifted off their feet as it pulled their weight up. The struggle between captain and crewmate quickly began to wear them out.

They avoided the first wave and steered the ship in a way where they rode the wave down, closing them closer to land. “Quick, we must avoid the land, maneuver the wheel away while I go get Siv and tell the crew to keep at it on the oar, else we are dead!” The captain removed his line and struggled his way across the helm of the ship down the stairs. He ran back up with Siv a bit behind him. The harsh winter winds bit at Shimoje, even dressed warmly from the crew’s supply. Eventually hail started to bombard the ship, hitting Shimoje occasionally on top of his head. He scrambled a bit, but the hail wasn’t large enough to injure him.

Siv and Yngvarr worked on manning a sail and yelled up to Shimoje “Strong port! Hurry!” Shimoje followed with all of his might and managed to navigate the ship just enough to evade shallow waters. The ship had to quickly get away from the coast as the harsh waves to prevent it being carried onto coast. Luckily, wind was in their favor. The sails soon dropped and with a huge amount of momentum the ship bounced forward across the sea riding the waves, and occasionally dipping the front down into the waters.

After 4 long bells the ship finally maneuvered away from the storm and reached calmer waters to the north. Shimoje was quick to man the ship back over to the captain and looked for some much needed rest. He walked back down to the passenger’s rooms and plopped himself down on his cot. Staring up at the ceiling his mind wandered into what all was to occur in Syliras. Feid came in and sat down on the bed next to him. “Something wrong, Shimoje?” Despite their relationship being full of emotion she always referred to him as his name, and knew deep down that it might not last forever, but she still kept up the illusion both with herself and Shimoje. It was a brief moment of happiness for her.

When Shimoje sighed and mentioned of Syliras to her she mostly thought of how everything would be once he returned to the ship. If he returned the ship. “I am sure everything will be alright.” She assured him grabbing hold of his hand. “Will you be returning to the ship, though?” She asked him almost desperate for an answer. “I don’t know.” He had stated, causing her heart to almost sink. Despite their casual relationship aboard the ship, she grew to admire and really like Shimoje, but both of them never mentioned the aspect of love.

Shimoje had no clue what would occur, and honestly, the pain of not knowing had worried him. “I promise I will return to the ship.” His words were well placed, but the thoughts of replacing the word ship with you danced across his tongue. It was too late at this point. Feid let out a fake smile and laid her head down on his chest, gently rubbing his smooth head. An action she normally would do when sharing bed. This time was different. It was more comforting.

It was a gloomy day for Shimoje. He was exhausted from working on the trade ship for such a long journey from Zeltiva. The merchants on the ship were gracious at least. Land finally came into view, and Shimoje was excited. The sea wasn't his favorite thing and this being his first ride of a ship it was almost like a dream come true to see land approaching.

A large wall appeared from the distance, and he stood on the bow of the ship.

SPLASH!

Something came out of the water and was swimming towards the starboard of the ship. The captain on the ship lowered a ladder into the sea as if it was a normal occurrence.

"Ah Theress Glyel, We had no complications! It was a good delivery, we should be docking soon. Do you have any loaders ready?"

"I will get them ready." She responded as she gracefully dived back into the water and swam up shore.

SPLASH!

"She is nice y'know, but after a lot of bad experience with land-dwellers she isn't too accustomed to us and likes her distance."
the Captain turned to Shimoje and said "Which reminds me. Once we dock I recommend that you lay low in the city for a while. Get to know the layout and the way people socialize. You are a bit weird y'know."

The ship got closer and closer to the docks. The crew was scrambling to let down the masts and to prepare slowing down the ship. A bunch of crew members stand ready with ropes attached to the ships port. They threw them down to the docking mates which tied them to the wooden shafts using their rope. They created a forward and aft springs to help secure the ship even more to the dock, and two large pieces of flat wood was slid down to the dock using the boat as its fulcrum.

As the crewmembers and the loaders worked on removing the goods Shimoje was about to head off the ship and start his new life "You know where you are going kid?" yelled the captain.

Shimoje just responded with a shrug, but then remembered everything the captain did to help him. He couldn't be rude so he walked back towards the captain. "No, sir. I don't have any idea. I am usually fairly good about figuring stuff out though."

"I realized that over our travels! Look, the guards might be suspicious of you since you didn't travel through the main gates. If you want... HEY! Mr. Valini!"
the captain said.
A man dressed rather well approaches the two "Captain, how are you? Safe travels?" he started out with a smirk on his face "I thank you for your frequent deliveries."

"I need a favor, well this kid here needs a favor, would you mind helping him in procuring a place to stay?"
the captain asked Mr. Valini.

"There are only so many places that one could stay but a spare apartment at Travelers Inn would probably be just his thing since you are asking."
he responded as his smirk left his face. "Do you know where the apartments are, son?"

"Sadly, I do not. I can figure it out though." Shimoje announced. He was getting sick and tired of being called a kid and son, and all that crap. He worked ever since he was younger and had to live a hard life. His small stature is probably what did it. Most of the people here seem to tower over him.

"Just tell the ladies at the desk that I sent you. Your rent won't be that cheap though. All the rent and costs here are sanctioned by the cities knights. You will learn more about that later. Good luck!" he ended.

Shimoje didn't need luck though. All he needed was his wits and some new friends.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaleidoscope on May 27th, 2016, 6:36 pm

Shimoje
Skills
  • Socialisation: +5
  • Weaving (Knot-tying): +1
  • Observation: +4
  • Cooking: +1
  • Sailing: +2
  • Swimming: +1
  • Weapon: Ballistae: +1
  • Flirtation: +2
  • Kissing: +1
  • Endurance: +1
Lores
  • Yngvarr Adelwine: Respected Captain of the Tipsy Wench
  • Sailing: Basic layout of a ship
  • Siv Muirenn: Mate of the Tipsy Wench
  • Feidlimid Rigantona: Cook of the Tipsy Wench
  • Getting accustomed to the motions of a ship
  • Navigation: The North Winds
  • Gadgeteering: Basic structure of a ballistae
  • Sailing: Clicks means turns of the mast
  • Swimming: Keeping afloat
  • How to gain respect
  • Alcohol: Hard to swallow
  • Drunkenness leads to interesting situations
  • Shimoje: Not a virgin!
  • Feid: A beautiful woman of remarkable skill
  • Sailing: Navigating a storm
  • Syliras location: The Travellers Inn
Comments
Hi Shim, a very good, amusing and heartfelt thread! I enjoyed his interactions with the crew, and I feel you've captured the spirit of sailing very well. I wanted to explain why I didn't reward gadgeteering as a skill, and only as a lore. This is because you didn't design, create or fix something, which seems to me to be what gadgeteering is about. However, I'm sure this can be worked on. :) Well done!

Enjoy your grade, and please don't forget to delete/edit out your grade request. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office