Closed [Rearing Stallion] The Goal Ahead (Ferrin)

Crystal is having a hard time, but maybe some else is the answer to her troubles.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] The Goal Ahead (Ferrin)

Postby Crystal Nightshade on June 28th, 2016, 6:31 am

5th of Summer, 516AV
11th bell, 26th chime

Wake up. Feed Leo. Go hunting. Go home. Eat. Sleep.

That is what Crystal's daily routine looked like, with minor things in between. After a while she felt she had it memorized. It was like an automatic process to her, as most of the time she did it without thinking. Though she was beginning to resent that process. She wasn't gaining anything from it, that was for sure. She wasn't learning, wasn't improving. Not at all.

And she despised that.

There wasn't much she could change however. Recently she had come to find herself second guessing her work. What was she learning? What was she improving? What was the takeaway from her occupation? These questions surfaced in her mind quite often these days, but it only depressed her further. The young woman hadn't know anything other than hunting, and she was certain she hadn't prepared for an outcome such as this in her younger seasons.

She was starting to lose her motivation to hunt. Her father would've turned in his grave. To make matters worse, she had told herself for so long that she'd be the best Hunter there was. Make a name for herself. And here she was, questioning it all.

Shaking her head, she opened her eyes and lifted her head from her table to find Leo rubbing against her leg. He had eaten, but he chose to come to comfort her in his own way. The pup was almost fully grown now, but his size was already bigger than anticipated. After looking at him for a bit, she rubbed him behind the ears and stood.

"Be a good boy while I'm gone. I'll be back later." She said with a small smile before leaving. After closing the door she let out a sigh before inhaling the humid air. She really needed something to take her mind off of things. She supposed stopping by the Rearing Stallion once wouldn't hurt.

Once there, she picked a seat by the bar counter. It was one of the few times she felt out of place. People were chatting, laughing, dancing even, and then there was her with her state of gloom. She leaned her elbows on the counter and supported her head on her hands. She just needed to relax for a bit.

The bartender came her way, and she asked for a water before he passed her up. He gave her a strange look but nodded nonetheless. When she had her water she took a sip, the pure cold was refreshing. She let out another sigh as another flood of questions came her way.

"I guess everyone has their troubles..."

OOCLet me know if there is anything I need to hange. Also, Crystal will be asking a lot of questions, hopefully you're prepared to answer them.

Intellectual Seeker
0/2 Threads
Have time to visit the Gardening skill?
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Words: 79860
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2015, 9:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 28th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Fifth of Summer 516av Fifth Bell (Morning)
Training Grounds

"Get a move on why don't ya, boy?" Barked Ser Xervos. He apparently woke up on the right side of the bed. . . or not. It didn't matter to Ferrin he aims to please his uncle in combat. Though, it feels like his uncle hadn't seen his skills put into any good use yet. Now, why was he so upset that he's barking orders at Ferrin like this? Well, first off he is a Knight Ferrin had gotten that part. Second, he did seem a bit off today.

"Yes, Ser." Exclaimed Ferrin with a flushed face of red. He was already besting St this dummy for two bells. He was tired, exhausted even. The dummy seemed a bit worn out as well. The battered torso made Ferrin feel a little guilty, though it happens to most of these dummies every day and night. Why did he have to wake up so early? Couldn't he just sleep a bit longer in the morning?

Yes, since Ferrin had come to Syliras his sleeping schedule was a bit off and he has gotten better St it now, yes. Though, his uncle wanted him to awake early this morning for some training lessons. "Ser, may I ask you a question?" Said Ferrin a bit tiredly.

"Yes, boy, what is it?" The Knight sighed and he raised his right hand to signal Ferrin to stop. The Knight stood just behind the dummy that Ferrin was whacking at with his shortened broadsword. "How come I couldn't have come here later?" Asked Ferrin wearily. He knew the answer, or most likely did.

"Because, I'll be busy in the afternoon. You know that. It's Knightly business. Okay?" Said Ser Xervos as lightly as he could. Ferrin nodded glumly his palm was sweating, his hand felt slightly sore from the recoil of the blade from all those times it made contact against the thick wood. "You can be done. We've been at it for a few bells-" he yawned. He walked around the dummie over to Ferrin. Slapped him firmly on the shoulder. Then nodded, he walked off, slowly but not so that he looked like a drunk. Surely, he wasn't drinking. Ferrin waited a few chimes after the Knight left. Ferrin gathered his helm and headed for home. The Traveler's Row.

~~~~~

Eleventh Bell (Rearing Stallion

It felt good, getting the extra bells of sleep. He was hungry now as he walked the streets of Syliras. Watching for a sign of a building for good food. The Rearing Stallion was always good. Especially the food. Ferrin always liked the atmosphere of the area. It was nice and warming. As Ferrin walked down the steps of the street, down the way to the Rearing Stallion, he thoughtfully took his steps as a breeze.

He found the red and white stripped sign with the stallion slapped on the middle. Ferrin found the handle automatically and pushed his way in with the door greeting him with a creak and a light moan. Loud chattering from a group of men could be heard from seating over by the fireplace. Small chats from other tables around Ferrin continued to talk as the curled haired man walked through. His shortened broadsword tapped at his side.

Ferrin picked his way around with ease, avoiding chairs and waitresses as best he could get his spot at one of the stools. After a chime, he had managed to get his seat next to a dark haired woman, her hair was just as long as her shoulders. She sat comfortably, drinking a cup of water. "Hey there. How's it going?" Asked Ferrin as he sat down to the lady beside him. The bartender came and asked for Ferrins order. Ferrin answered the bartender with a cup of wine and a meal for the afternoon. He placed the golden Mizas in the bartenders hand and waited for Crystal.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Crystal Nightshade on June 28th, 2016, 5:33 pm

Timestamp

Crystal hadn't been here often, to the Rearing Stallion. It was just a place she never saw herself going too. Although today wasn't just any day. With all her recent developments, it was good to get out, stretch her legs as some would say. She had given up on trying to stop her thoughts from running amok. It wasn't she could stop with a command.

Later that evening, someone sat beside her and ordered a wine. Not one for social interactions, Crystal kept quiet until she heard someone speak. Looking up, she found herself gazing into real eyes. "It's... been a hard morning for me. Ferrin, right?"

She asked carefully, praying to the gods above she'd said his name correctly. She then turned back to her glass and stared at it before realizing his choice of clothing. It seemed he now wore armor, a different kind than the one her wore on their little hunting trip. Now that she was looking, he looked like.. a knight? She turned away from him, took another few sips of water, and spoke. "I thought you were a Hunter, not a Knight."

It wasn't a question though, the armor on him said it all. She wondered briefly if he'd ever been a Hunter, but dismissed the thought after recalling his skills with a bow. Of course he was a Hunter, but if he was, why the sudden occupational change? Was he having her problems?

Check chuckled inwardly at that. Everyone had problems, even if they weren't the same as hers. Crystal gazed into her glass intensely, as if it held the answer to her problems.

Intellectual Seeker
0/2 Threads
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 28th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Ferrin swirled his wine glass lightly, watching the dark rose red liquid pool. It swooshed as it did, Ferrin stopped as he watched a few droplets slip out onto the countertop. He placed it carefully back down and listened to Crystal as she spoke.

"It's... been a hard morning for me. Ferrin, right?"

Ferrin hadn't recognized her at first. . . it was Crystal. By Sylir, it's been so long since he had seen her. Particularly last year, around this time. Was that right? Ferrin flushed in embarrassment as he had forgot. Be usually doesn't forget the faces of those whom he'd seen or the names, but why with Crystal? "Oh, Crystal by Sylir, how long has it been?" He paused. Letting Crystals words linger on him? She was having a hard day, huh?

Ferrin was having a rough one himself, though he figured that complaining about it won't make Crystal feel better. So instead he listened.

"Has it?" Asked Ferrin confusedly as he watched her with a light gaze, he did his best to keep eye contact with the lady. It's been so long since he had seen her. So long, it felt like a good time to talk. "What's wrong?" Asked Ferrin with a cocked brow. He took a small sip of his wine, his food had come and was placed before him. The waiter nodded and wandered off going back to regular tasks.

"I thought you were a Hunter, not a Knight."

He was a hunter. For almost a year. Until last season he managed to get a spot in the Order where he could improve his skills in combat and tactics.

"I was a hunter till' last spring. When I had become a Squire. I'm not a Knight, not yet. I figured that I could be of use. . ." Ferrin spoke with a weary tone. He was half tired and half awake at the same time. He didn't know what to feel. "Are you still a hunter?" Asked Ferrin with a light smile.

After all, talking about problems could help. It won't help to hold it all in. All of that weary confusion and anger swelling inside.

What could. . . hurt?

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Crystal Nightshade on June 28th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Timestamp

Crystal smiled slightly as Ferrin flushed in recognition. It had been over a season since their last meeting, and she wouldn't have remembered if she hadn't given him a second glance. "It's been a while, yeah?'

She then turned back to her water. The young woman didn't want to trouble others with her problems, but it would be healthier if she did. And yet she changed the subject quickly before Ferrin asked a question of is own. The question itself made her freeze, and her breath hitched a bit.

Was she still hunter? No, not a proud one anyway. She supposed that she couldn't exactly evade the subject now that the question was posed though. The woman turned away and again fixed her gaze on the ripple n her water. "That's sort of my dilemma," she took a deep breath before continuing. "I guess a story is in order."

"My parents died when I was around thirteen. My father was born a hunter, and he died a hunter as well. It s hard to believe it at First, that my father was gone. My mother took his death really hard, and eventually she died because of stress and grief. I was pretty much raised as a hunter, and I swore that I would make my father nd mother proud as one.

By the time I aged out of the orphanage, I hunted and hunted. Now I'm finally seeing the reality of it. I'm not doing anything particularly useful with my life, you know? I want to grow more as a person, mature and move on. But I'm so afraid that I'll disappoint them by stopping."

She took a larger sip of her water, wishing she had talked to someone about it sooner. She felt much lighter to have her problem not weighing her down. Though when she looked at Ferrin, all she could express was a sad smile. "I know I want to change, but I can't. Even if I did, I never knew anything other than hunting. What could.. what could I even do?"

Intellectual Seeker
0/2 Threads
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 28th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Ferrin listened intently as he ate and drank his meal. She appeared to be sad. In a way, which made Ferrin feel a little guilty of the lack of recognition. Surely, he should have remembered. But, as Crystal grew up in an orphanage, she seemed to realize more of what she was supposed to do. But, where she was supposed to do things was the main question posing a sort of problem.

"Oh. . ." was all Ferrin could say at the moment. "I grew up in Kenash. It's a hard place to be in. Dynasty brats having to rule the agricultural city for a certain time period. Manipulating the choices of others. Most of them farm. . . at least when I heard of them. Though, they do some times get in nasty business. My father was fairly stressful. He wanted to train me, to become stronger and my mother had wanted me to do the majority of the chores while my sister was out in Riverfall. My father, he was an obstacle, he took up drinking. . . it was hard for my mother, brother, and myself. His drinking had gotten the best of him. . . he isn't dead yet. No. I don't want him to be. None of us do, so instead of facing my father. I was weak. . . and left. I traveled across Mizahar to come hear. After hearing stories of the rest of my extended family living here. This was where my father was from."

He spoke in a more of an narrative manner. Like he was telling of a play. Ferrin sighed, he went back to eating the warm soup, and to drinking his wine. He listened more as Crystal began to talk more. She needs something to do? There is always a place in the Order.

"I know I want to change, but I can't. Even if I did, I never knew anything other than hunting. What could.. what could I even do?"

"There is one thing. . . You can join the Order? There is always a place for another to join. Your knowledge of the Bronze Woods would be good for hunting down bandits and theives. You'll be fine. It'll be okay. The Knights are a little rough, but it's only to keep you in line, and all."

"Do you think that that would be something you'll like to do?" Offered Ferrin with a slight nod. Waiting for a reply he went back to finishing his bowl of soup and he waved the bartender for another wine. He'll take slow sips. Nothing to worry about. Not a thing. Hopefully.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Crystal Nightshade on June 28th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Timestamp

When Crystal was finished, she listened to Ferrin. She had had both her parents for as long as the gods thought it was necessary, but Ferrin.. He'd removed himself from his home situation by choice. The young woman doubted she would ever have the strength to do something like that for herself. "It takes a lot of strength to leave everything you know behind. I don't think you're weak at all."

She contemplated his story, comparing it to her own every now and again. She finished off her water before she turned to the man in surprise. Eyes wide, she looked at him for a moment before chuckling sadly. "I really don't think I'd be much use to Order. I can barely keep a level head in situations like this, much less knighthood training."

Though even as she spoke, she began to consider the option. Here he was, giving her an option, and she had turned him down. Though to be honest, she might actually be of use to the knights. Maybe even learn more about the beast that attacked her that day. "Do you.. really think I'd be of help to them?" She wanted to know if he'd suggested it to her out of pity, or because he genuinely thought thy could make something of her life. "I don't know, I just... I don't know how prepared I am for that kind of thing."

Crystal knew knights trained a lot, and that they protected the city. But that was it. She didn't know what motivated people to become knights or squires, she didn't know the kind of training they went through.. she knew virtually nothing other than what she had been told or heard.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's it like? You know, working for the Order?" She posed her question quietly, almost timidly. Even if she did consider the knighthood, she would want to know more first.

Intellectual Seeker
0/2 Threads
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 29th, 2016, 6:14 pm

"It takes a lot of strength to leave everything you know behind. I don't think you're weak at all.

Ferrin let the words from Crystal linger on him for a chime, at least. He sighed after he took a drink of wine. He watched the Rose red liquid swirl as he leveled it on the countertop once again. He slowly stared at the liquid. Waiting to come up for something.

It's a strong thing to do? To leave all whom you love, behind? Why. . . Ferrin thought about it more and more. He could say thank you, and have this awkward conversation stay quiet for awhile. Or, if he really needs to talk about it.

"You really think so? I mean Kenash isn't some organized city like this. It's. . . a lot more. No doubt that every father there would be drinking their balls off. I, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Kenash, it's not a very enjoyable place to be at." He sat glumly, his shoulders slumped like more weight had been pressed upon them. He finished his bowl of soup.

He continued to listen to Crystal.

"I really don't think I'd be much use to Order. I can barely keep a level head in situations like this, much less knighthood training."

"Oh nonsense. Crystal, with your traits and nature with hunting. They'll appreciate it more. I've been in the woods a few times because the Order thought of my skills to be useful. You, they'll probably pay you more respect." Ferrin figured that he didn't have to explain why the Order would respect her more. After all, he did meet a few tough Seras throughout his time so far.

"Do you.. really think I'd be of help to them?"

Was she asking if she wanted to know? Does Crystal believe in him that much, to trust his words? Even if he were to tell the truth; would she even believe?

"Yes, they'll take anyone, really. They can help you become more than what you are now. You'll be even better in things that you haven't been before. Mainly combat and tactics. It won't matter who you are now. . . unless your some bandit of course. But, they won't allow them inside Syliras. If you need it, I could also help you train once you get in?" Said Ferrin thoughtfully, he let loose a cordial nod and a smile as well. Waiting for Crystal to respond. Hopefully, his friendly attitude would work.

By all means, the Order would possibly take in anyone who expresses the ordeals of whatever they can do.

"I don't know, I just... I don't know how prepared I am for that kind of thing."

Does it take preparation? Ferrin had been training way before he joined the Order. His father even helped him with it to. It wasn't that much work, was it?

"I believe that you won't really need to prepare. But, the only thing you should prepare for is money. Because squires er um, don't really get paid perse. It's rough at first, but you do get some days off to repax and such." Said Ferrin a bit confused.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's it like? You know, working for the Order?"

"Oh, it's okay. Really. The Order, they're a bit rough on squires. Though you'll basically be provided your own bunk forbliving quarters and you'll get full access to the Training Grounds. Also, you'll get to meet new people as well. Their are a lot of interesting people out there. It takes a lot to participate though. You need to give a lot more in order to get. Especially if you want to rank up. It takes a lot of training and hardship. You need to have a mind set on becoming a member of the Order. I can help in any way I can. After all, we are friends. . . Right?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Crystal Nightshade on June 29th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Timestamp

Crystal nodded. Of course he was strong. In her mind, to leave everything you have - your friends, family, your home - took a lot of strength. Mental strength, perhaps Physical depending on what he'd encountered on the way. "Of course I do." Crystal let out her first happy smile and waved him off. "Don't worry about, speak your mind."

The ebony let a moment of silence roll in for herself as Ferrin spoke. He was willing to help her through the change, he was willing to work with her. "I can try..."

Crystal let out a small chuckle when Ferrin met her question with confusion. She smiled and shook her head before speaking. "It's not the coin I worry for, it's the change itself. As I said before, when it comes to uprooting myself from everything I've ever known, I'm not as strong."

Crystal's gaze softened when he explained his view on the knighthood. She could stand to meet new people, learn new things. That was what she wanted after all. She still had to be willing to make the change, to take the first step. She already had Ferrin's support, so what reason did she have not to try? "We are friends. Alright Ferrin," she took a deep breath to root herself and her gaze hardened. "I'll join the Order."

Yes, that's what she would do. She had nothing to lose. There was no risk. All she needed was the intent to get the job done. And if she successfully made herself useful, she would stay there, become a knight maybe. She smiled heartily for the second time this night before turning to Ferrin. "Thank you, I guess what I really needed was a talk."

Intellectual Seeker
0/2 Threads
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Samuel Longwell on November 13th, 2016, 7:49 pm

Grading Complete

Please edit your grade request thread so that it's obvious that it's been graded. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/problems with your grade.

Name: Crystal

XP Award:
  • Philosophy 2
  • Socialisation 4
  • Observation 2
Lore:
  • It's good to talk about your problems.
  • The Order: Helps you become more than what you are.
  • Ferrin: Persuaded me to join the Order

Name: Ferrin

XP Award:
  • Short Broadsword 1
  • Socialisation 3
  • Persuasion 3
  • Rhetoric 2
Lore:
  • It's good to talk about your problems.
  • The Order: Helps you become more than what you are.
  • Crystal: Going to become a squire.

Shield Points: +5 Recruiting Crystal to the order

Notes: A good recruitment thread, Ferrin was very persuasive indeed!! I hope you enjoy your grades.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)