Open Need Anything From the Market?

5th - Morwen visits the Frozen Falls Market.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Need Anything From the Market?

Postby Prophet on July 13th, 2016, 1:43 am

5th of Summer
11th Bell
Frozen Falls Market

The market was in full swing by mid-morning. Life in Avanthal was very laid back. Most people stayed up late relaxing by the warm fire telling stories or practicing the fragile art of seduction. This led to late risers and midday breakfasts but there never seemed to be any call for change so that’s simply how it goes. Artisans were unveiling their masterpieces while chefs fired up their stoves and grills. The majority of folk were Vantha, chattering away at one another about the expectations for the season and what plans they had for the Endless Night.

All of the regular stalls were there and every hold was represented aside from Frostfawn but everyone knew why. The few spaces reserved for outsiders and travelers were all claimed but only one had her things out on display. The other three groups appeared to be struggling against the cold. One was an elderly man with a beard that was as long and tangled as the roots of a mangrove in the faraway swamps of Kenash. Fitting, as that was this man’s hometown. He had sailed in just a day ago on a large ship peddling wares from the lower Suvan cities. The old timer was wrestling with his jars filled with honey. The cold had managed to turn the sweet topping into a form of golden glue that refused to yield to its master.

After a few moments, a young Vantha man went over and explained the location of the nearest tavern where a fire could be used to loosen the goods so it could be served into individual portions. Grateful for an excuse to be out of the cold, the elderly gent thanked his rescuer and waved up a young sprout of a boy. After a brief exchange, the shivering child was left to stand in the stall and deal with customers bearing only a single spoonful of honey. It was basically a lollipop at this point but its color alone was enough to entice people who were redirected to the tavern where they would be served by the old man.

In the stall adjacent to the honey fiasco was a pair of Konti women who were setting up vials in a neat row along the ledge. The task was greatly tedious since shaking fingers and rattling bones turned the simple chore into a nigh impossible feat of skill and luck. Several young men were lingering like sharks near a dying whale and offered to help while making other various attempts at conversation. The exotic women were doing their best to stave off the advances though they did have enough moxy to manipulate the lustful youths into doing all of the work for them. During the course of these events, it was revealed that the vials contained vision water and also various herbal elixirs.

Another group that was fighting the elements to prepare a storefront didn’t seem to fit in but by curiosity alone, they had drawn a great deal of attention. Three Akvatari shivered against the biting wind as they produced paintings and drawings of immense talent. The strange creatures did not speak to one another nor did they much talk with those who engaged them. They simply pointed at their wares and discussed pricing. A caring old mum whose children and grandchildren were grown made her way over and, in silence, helped arrange things within the stall so that the works were complimenting in their positions as well as easily visible. When she was finished, she patted each creature on the hand or arm before she left. The sadness radiating from mishmash beings was enough to swallow a man but the lure of the beautiful art managed to draw customers just the same.

Finally, the one group of outsiders who had all of their wares set up and ready to go was the Inarta. Three fiery-haired women had racks of bowls, cups, beads and random trinkets all made of glass which balanced both ends of their display. In the middle was an assortment of half a dozen longbows. The people of Mount Skyinarta are renowned for their glass but also the precision and power of their bows. These weapons are some of the few that are strong enough to penetrate the thick hides of the hearty beasts that roam the ice shelf. The heavy skin is the very reason why most Vantha choose the spear. The bigger tip and long pole sacrifice range for power but it is a choice well made. Already a small line was forming in front of the stall as several Frostfawn had heard of the sale and came to inspect the goods.

Note :
  • Both Mizas and barter are used in the Frozen Falls Market. It is often best to ask the worker which they prefer before offering to trade. Although most of the workers are friendly not all of them are open to trade.
  • Feel free to self-moderate when buying from the market. (Use the Price List)
  • Selling to NPCs require moderation or at least permission to self-moderate.
  • Have fun!
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Infilia Snowsong on July 13th, 2016, 7:42 pm

5Th of Summer // Snowsong Hold

6th Bell, morning.

It was fairly early in the morn. Chilly. But oddly temperate as well as it was in the Snowsong Hold, the Vantha couldn't believe how much had happend to Avanthal. Even know, so little really did. Avanthal, it was pretty laid back for it being an exotic wintery city. Morwen, really signifies that this city shall be hers. Her domain.

It was a typical, daily morning. Especially for Infilia, she would wake up. Brush her hair. Get her clothes for the day, and get settled within Avanthal. She usually has her mind set on things that she wants, but lately she has been thinking of something more that felt reasonable to her. Pretty much, most of the Vantha has been chatting about the fresh game they have caught out in the Frozen Wastelands. Though, for hunting. A longbow sounds great, but this Vantha doesn't have much coin on her lately. She needs a job, and soon if she wants to start buying things out of her pocket.

Parrsni. One of the Snowsong family members. Infilia liked him for company. He was surely quite handsome, and he did always tell great stories. Even jokes. It was an attribute that she had admired of the man. Though, she assumed that that man wasn't really her type though. She slowly got out of bed, stretched and yawned. She retrieved her comb that rested on her end table. She combed her long brunette hair. A few knots here and there, but she didn't mind the little pain.

Infilia walked over to her wardrobe, wear today she kept the majority of her belongings within. Well, those that can reasonably fit. Her boots, coat, shirts, pants, anything else that seems necessary for the wardrobe. She pulled out all that was required for her day; boots, of course, shirt, pants, coat and her bag full of Mizas. Which felt light when one carries it.

"All I need now, is my dagger, and my flute. I'll be set. Though, I won't really be leaving until later today. Maybe I could find something inexpensive at the Frozen Falls, that would be fun. I hope." She said in a more stubborn and realistic manner. Which, she mostly is at the time. Though, not much is realism when everything is cheap. That's mainly all in a world of optimism. There's a difference, she thought. "Yes there is..." Said Iffy with a slight chuckle.

She left whatever else inside her room within the hold and lightly closed the door. As she knows that some of the Snowsongs could've had a rough late night while out working or something similar to it, at least. She always paid her mind to those kind of things. It was warm within the Snowsong Holds lobby. The firepit was running, it cackled lightly with chips of wood jumping off of the fiery orange flames from the hearth. Men and women were both sitting together, chatting away. Infilia didn't mind. Though, one of them waved her over to come and chat. A man.

A child, Infilia recalled her times of being a child way back when. A man, and another lady sat upon the same couch. They weren't really getting close to each other, but they were just on the same couch. Infilia choose an empty seat, next to the young girl. The young Vantha turned her head and smiled a lovely smile. One that Iffy could not respond back to. So, she smiled back and gave a little cat wave to the girl. "Hi, my name is Neena. I've seen you here before. What's your name?" Asked the girl with a toothy happy grin.

"My name, is... Infilia. I'm a Snowsong. Like you, right? You can call me Iffy." Said the brunnet with a light nod of her head, she clutched tightly to her flute case. She's not usually one to make conversation, but if she wants to become a Storyteller, she must be a talker herself. Talking to much, it can give her a headache at times. Though, she can mostly manage it well. Pretty much.

"Yeah, I'm a Snowsong. I'm ten years old. I love listening to Parrsni." Said the little girl as she took her attention to the older man in front of her. Infilia did the same, as she tilted her head to watch the man chatter away. "I used to play at the Kaliara Observation Deck. The winds would drift the beautiful sound of my music, throughout the whole city."

"Wow, really?" Asked the other woman exuberantly as she watched the man before her with a heartfelt glare. Infilia wondered what was really going on between the two, but she didn't bother to ask.

"Yes, you won't believe how beautiful it was when I've played. I can play you a song now. If you'd like, or would you like me to keep going?" He asked the women, and the other two (including Infilia).
"Um, keep going please. I would love to hear your stories. It keeps the thrill going." Said that other lady next to Parrsni. Bora. That was who it probably was.

"Alright." He took a breath, and it became a fairly long breath. But, he looked over to Infilia, a curious look through his eyes sent a message to her. She wiggled a bit a little uncomfortable with the glare, but he cleared his throat and asked her something. "So, you are Infilia. I was beginning to grow curious of which one of you other Vantha girls were of that name. You know. I'm Parrsni. Pleased to meet you." He stuck out his hand, and Infilia took it lightly, and shook with ease. "Pleasure." She said to Parrsni with an uneven smile.

The fire continued to chip away the wood. The flooring beneath them creaked, but it would never give way from pressure of walking upon it.

"I had an apprenticeship, at the Strings N' Things, it really didn't take me long until I had sparked my talent, you know." Said the man with a weary smile. He waited to get some oohs or ahhhs. But, he had gotten some reasonable nods instead.

The thrills continued until the tenth Bell. Infilia was slightly getting comfortable around the lot and she wandered over to Neena. "Hey, since you've been a good girl. How about we go get ourselves something at the Frozen Falls?" She said with a friendly smile. She nodded, "that sounds like fun. Let me go get my coat and boots." The little girl rushed off and gathered her wares and took Infilias hand.

~~~~

11th Bell. Frozen Falls Market.

The first thing that came to Iffys mind, and possibly Neenas, was that it was strangely busy, the Frozen Falls. So many new people setting up stalls. Women of red fiery hair. And a whole lot of others.

Infilia sighed as she and the little Neena entered through to the Frozen Falls Market. So much people chatting and talking.

"What would you like?" Asked Iffy to the girl as she bent over, she was mainly gesturing over to the less expensive wares than the expensive kinds. Since of course, she hadn't had the money to purchase her own longbow or anything. She has heard of great stories with men and women who've used the longbow for great deals.

"I don't know... Can we just look around?" Asked the little girl who wrapped her somewhat little fingers around Infilias own. "Okay, let's take a walk around and browse. Maybe, we can get a deal for something cheap." She chuckled and lightly pulled on the girls hand and they've both trudged along.

OOCProphet, if you want, you can have Iffy and Neena end up at whichever stall seems reasonable. :) unless you'd want to wait for others to post of course. Sorry that it's so long. I had to do something to make it somewhat long, because I could've had done something in like four paragraphs, but writing briefly is not what I like to do. Hope you like it though. :)
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Levali on July 19th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Levali Rödal Iceglaze
5th of Summer 516 AV - 11th Bell

'Something is different today.' Thought Levali as she walked over to the market. This thought came from three different clues; The first being the abundance of people. Sure - it was a decently warm day relative to most, but it took more than just good weather to draw out such a large and diverse crowd of people.. Especially when members of almost all the different holds were present. Her second clue was the brand new longbow hung upon the shoulder of one of many renowned hunters in the area. It was made of a dark brown wood, curving elegantly and standing two thirds the height of the man who held it. It hadn't a single mark upon it; Nor was there any sign of use. While the mason silently admired the craft with deep orange eyes, the man turned back, almost as if sensing her gaze upon him. Naturally, this resulted in a quick glance in the other direction, a hasty blush appearing on Levali's darker skin. She hoped that he wouldn't notice her - And if he did she thought that she at least looked decent.. The girl wore a simple set of brown and white clothes, electing to leave her fur cloak back in her room due to the moderate climate of the day. Her hair was of the darkest shades of brown, worn behind her head in a ponytail that traveled down against the cloth on her back until it reached her shoulder-blades where it became quite thin and stopped only an inch later. Her garb was nothing impressive. Perhaps even the opposite of impressive, seeing as these were her work clothes and her position was so lowly.

As she passed through the crowd she was presented with her third clue. An elderly man that was lead past her towards the inn a few paces back. He certainly wasn't a Vantha - Which was made obvious by the was he shivered and the golden substance he held, sealed away in a jar of glass. She recognized it as honey. A delicacy not often seen up so far north as Avanthal. How fondly she remembered the sweet taste from when she was a child.. It had only ever graced her lips once, but she was ever so pleased that it had. It drew pleasant memories from her head, and the mason found herself with a sudden longing for the golden substance.

Brown boots crunched against the snow beneath her feet as Levali skirted around the crowd and arrived at the elderly man's stall - Now run by a younger child. He still had pots of honey surrounding him, though it seemed that they were frozen shut. The young boy guarded the treat jealously, starring up to the eyes of his customer as she approached as if warning her not to try to rip him off or steal. It brought a smirk to her lips, thinking to herself that she couldn't do something like that with so many people around even if she wanted to. "How much does it cost to buy some of this?" She asked, leaning onto the stall and planting her index finger onto the lid of one of the small jars. It was more like a vial, with the diameter of her palm and the height of a brick. Unfortunately for her, it was sealed just as tightly as the rest of them. "I'm supposed to sell them in drops. Five copper Mizas for one." The boy stated boldly, earning him a small smile from his customer. "..And how can you do that if you can't even open them?" Came her reply in an almost teasing tone. The boy did not seem very impressed. "You have to go in and bring it to the man at the inn - Once it warms up you can open them and the drops can be counted."

Levali placed a finger thoughtfully on her chin, looking down at the container locked in the cold. Her mind searched for some kind of solution for the problem.. The inn was a minute or so back the way she came, and she didn't really want to go backtracking on her way to work. The girl sighed mentally. Even if she managed to open it the drops would be too cold to count. "..Right. But how many drops do you think are in this vial?" Came her voice, confident with the plan she had thrown together in seconds. The young vendor looked between his customer's still orange eyes and the vial, shrugging and saying, "I don't know.. Fifty maybe?" Levali nodded, replying quickly. "I'll pay you for seventy if you'll give it to me just like that - Glass and all." This offer obviously wasn't what the boy was expecting. He started counting on his fingertips to add up how much it would cost, but the mason had already beat him to it. Five drops seventy times was just fifty drops seven times.. So it came to three hundred fifty copper mizas - Or three gold mizas and five silver. She told him as much, and the boy dropped his hands in frustration. "You made me lose count. ..Just.. Fine. Three gold and five silver then."

A moment of fishing through her coin purse ensued before granting the child his price, claiming the vial of honey and stepping away from the stall. Victory was hers! Even if she overpaid a bit, time was on her side, and it was like she hardly made a stop on her way at all. Only a second later, when the girl tried to open the vial did she remember why the man had gone inside. It seemed she wasn't going to have any honey until later.
Levali
Icebreaker

Words: 48365
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2016, 4:11 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Junco on July 26th, 2016, 2:33 am

Perhaps his giddiness was a bit childish as his mother kept pointing out, but he felt it was justified. Ever since rumor had hit him about the Inartians coming into Avanthal for trade every time he looked at his lovely, cherished shortbow he noticed more dings and dents and scratches until now it looked to him like a heap of twigs held together with string. This, of course, was not the case at all. His weapon, although used and a few good years old was taken excellent care of and was in fine working condition with only minor wear and tear. The poor hunter just couldn't help himself.

It was fabled that the red haired Inartians who lived inside a volcano were master craftsman known specifically for their glass workings all around Mizahar. Slightly less known, but still just as masterly crafted in theory were their bows that they apparently fired off the backs of giant eagles they commonly rode. It seemed like a fairy tale to Junco, but travelers had previously turned the myth into fact with their tales. And so here Junco now was, scanning the crowded marketplace for sight of red hair.

The small group was very easy to pick out of a crowd of dark haired and short Vantha. They seemed the most prepared out of all the other visiting merchants. Junco had also noticed a shivering old man near the Inartian table along with some Akvatari who seemed just as ill equipped for the weather. The Inarta, however, stood fast against the cold and had their wares perfectly set up and displayed. There was a mass of glass in their booth. So much glass that to Junco, when he approached, it looked all melted together in one big colorful mound. He might have been fooled otherwise if he did not see other potential buyers picking up and placing down the glass, clinking it against the other individual pieces.

His eyes, though, did not stay long on the clear and colorful material. They were soon drawn to the middle of the booth where six or so bows lay splayed out in a gorgeous picture. But all of the bows, to Junco's disappointment, were longbows. And although they were gorgeously crafted, so much better than anything he could have imagined, he had no experience in longbows and wasn't ready to give up his shortbow for a weapon he could not use.

He looked up at the Inartians. One woman seemed to be the leader, Junco could tell because she greeted each potential customer with more gusto that the others and the others Junco would catch glancing up at her when talking about prices of things. And so he directed his question to her rather than the others.

"These are all longbows, don't you have any shortbows?" He pleaded with the woman once he had caught her eye.

The woman looked confused for a moment before answering. Her voice was light and shrill, though not unpleasant. "Not here, no. Wouldn't longbows be more sufficient for hunting in these wilds? I heard most everything here has thick skin. Longbows are much more powerful." She started gesturing to the longbows on the table and began pitching them instead. But Junco cut her off. He had not skill in longbows and they were much more expensive. Even if he did want to buy one he probably couldn't afford one of this caliber.

"You are right, longbows are more suited to this area. However I still prefer shortbows. I have heard of the master craftsmanship of your people, especially with your bows. Surely you have a shortbow with you, even if you did not intend to sell it here. Perhaps you are headed to the Spires and have shortbows for them?" Junco wanted to make sure he sounded serious and that if she procured a shortbow for him he wanted her to know he would buy it, with, of course, not saying those actual words just in case.

The woman was silent for a moment too long and it made Junco nervous. But eventually she poke again. "We have the rest of our wares back on the ship and I have some shortbows destined for other places on our journey. However if you truly wish to buy one I am going to charge you a bit more than I would normal charge, simply because I did not intend to sell it here, as you mentioned. The price will be 59gm. If you agree to buy the one I bring you now, I will go fetch it for you. But you will pay before I go."

Her terms were stern but Junco understood. He would also not want to go out of the way for something he knew he would sell later. Although he regretted the price increase he agreed to the woman's terms. He had hyped the bows up in his mind so much that there was no way he was leaving this booth without one. Although he would be giving literally all hi money to this woman and that made him nervous. Doing the math in his head real quick he realized he would be left with exactly 8sm to his name.

He knew before he even came here though that he would be selling his old shortbow and that would give him enough money to get by for the rest of the season. He would need to go and sell it immediately. Oh he could just see the shame in his mothers face if he returned with a shiny new bow and no money. He handed the 59gm to the woman and she sent one of her companions off. It was a good few chimes before the merchant returned but in his hand was a glorious shortbow. The man handed it to him. Junco was immediately rushed with the realization that this weapon was his. He had already purchased it.

It was made of dark wood, and was wrapped in a dark purple and blue thread. The thread wrapped around the upper and lower tips of the wooden part of the shortbow and were simply for style. Out of the corner of his eye he saw one of the Inarta watching him closely. He did not blame them, this was a glorious piece of art and he made sure to handle it very carefully. The rest of the wood part was even engraved. Spirals were the most common engraving while some leafs and thorned vines were carved in as well. It was beautiful and Junco fell instantly in love with it.

Ledger :
Current GM: 59gm 8sm
Bow Purchase: -59gm
Current GM: 8sm
Sold Shortbow*: +30gm
Current GM: 30gm 8sm

*Shortbow sold back at full price to Price List
Junco
Chris John Millington - Model

Words: 83397
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2016, 10:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 7th, 2016, 4:32 am

Title and Date

Epifanio was one of those that were drawn to huge events. It wasn’t a likely occurrence for him to buy anything outright from the market, but he had other wares on his sights. Normally he wouldn’t be drawn to such a place. Though it was clamoring with beautiful women, and far more than Epifanio could even begin to recognize. Though for this day he was to play a game of sort. To test his wits and his taste. Getting through the masquerade of various merchants was the difficult part. Pretending that he was the slight bit interested was even harder. Though he did happen to see a familiar face he couldn’t quite grasp buying a rather unique looking short-bow.

Epifanio much preferred the unique aspects of visiting home shops or unique stores than being haggled by a bunch of merchants. After a while of walking around the man spotted a beautiful woman with dark hair that was absolutely the best he had seen in the market. “Excuse me, but I was just walking by when I noticed that your hair is like the most amazing ice carving Avanthal could ever hope to have graced the city.”

His smooth tongue and words were likely dismissed as the woman continue to fondle her glass of a strange golden like substance. Walking through the marketplace a bit more, Epifanio pulled his jacket in a bit closer to his body. He wasn’t sure if it was a result of being rejected and feeling cold instead of warmth or if it was just the cold. Then his next mark came into contact. A fine red headed woman. He could have sworn he had seen her before, but he couldn’t be completely sure. As he walked by, almost demanding attention from her he gave a slight eye smile towards her and tried to communicate to her nonverbally in a way that also conveyed some feelings.

Alas, she seemed to be dismissive and didn’t even recognize the fact that he had even walked passed her. Once again, Epifanio pulled his coat in a little bit closer to himself and sulked his head a bit down into the neck region of the coat while hiding his chin.

It is a good thing that he did hide his chin too, cause just as he was walking through the market a bit more it dropped. Epifanio took a mental of everything the woman wore. From her jewelry down to her shoes… and everything in between. He was almost reluctant even to approach her. Epifanio knew for such an attractive woman he would have to take it slow. As surely, other men have already played their game her way, surely?

He thought there for a moment trying to think of a way to gain her attention. Perhaps reciting a famous Vanthan tale or a song? No that wouldn’t do… He wasn’t trying to impress Rhaus at this moment. He was trying to impress someone different. Perhaps a stellar vocabulary? No, it is likely that this woman was probably far smarter than he as it looked like she had some sort of prestige to be walking around the market wearing such fine jewelry.

Maybe a few harmless jokes? Oh right what is he to do, just walk over to her and ask her how many drinks it would take to get a polar bear drunk? No, that just wouldn’t do. Hell of an ice breaker, but he wasn’t trying to fall into an icy pond.

Perhaps being direct? Asking her to go enjoy a nice cup of warm chocolate or some wine? Though, he knew he had to take it slow.

Crap. She was starting to walk away. Without looking like a total and utter stalker, he attempted to follow her. She was elegant in the way that she walked, and had a large sense of pride, but never stopped smiling at various people who greeted her along the way. Then it occurred to him. What if he simply acted like he was interested in whatever she chose to look at next?

What if he asked her simply what she liked about something and just compliment her…?

The time had come. Walking up nearly shaking in his boots, he approached the woman and gently touched her for a split second on her shoulder as to gain her attention. “Oh, hello. I couldn’t help but to notice… but that gemstone is utterly remarkable… though it doesn’t glisten as much as your beauty.”

Oh great, he just could keep a normal conversation. He just had to add some of that Epifanio Charm. Blinking a few and silently holding his breath Epifanio was completely surprised about what he said. He couldn’t believe it, and it was as if he froze… waiting for the response.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Words: 96514
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 12:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Avanthal Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Prophet on August 9th, 2016, 2:53 am

Morwen sat in her chair behind her vanity and stared out the window at nothing in particular. Lost in thought and oblivious to certain events, she toiled with some ideas concerning the Soiree that was fast approaching. A cold breeze pushed through Avanthal and the goddess twisted her delicate neck to receive the arctic blast upon her face. She closed her large, icy blue eyes and smiled. The frozen glaze across her full lips only slightly diminished the supple pink beneath which created a shimmering effect. Long raven hair was twisted and curled into braids and knots; held in place by a sheen of ice. Morwen could use her powers to affix any style she liked and it was not uncommon for her to transform her hair’s appearance on a whim (sometimes, a sudden and drastic mood shift could have the same affect).

As the goddess of winter continued to ready herself for a day in her beloved city amongst the people she adored, her assistant Jenna appeared in the shadow of the elegant doorway. Silent for several moments, the Vantha watched in awe as the ice queen went about the same mundane rituals that most women do but her results were perfect –beyond anything Jenna could image for herself. The woman’s face turned from wonder to surprise when her boss caught her staring. With cheeks full of rouge, Jenna stepped forth with a stumble and a stutter.

“Mm-m-my queen, I have some things for you to look over for the Soir-“ Jenna’s normally collected voice was a bit higher in pitch and her prattling was due to the massive amount of work that went into the second biggest party of the year.

“Calm down, my dear.” Morwen’s response was slow and easy like the pace of an iceberg drifting through a nearly frozen ocean. The tone was something similar to the peaceful breeze that rustled the tops of the tallest pine trees; faint and majestic. “There’s plenty of time for that later.” With a playful look in her eyes, the matriarch batted her long, frosted eyelashes at her assistant. “Now, why don’t you tell me why you were staring.”

The woman sheepishly moved into the room and drew nearer to a stool and sat down. For almost half a bell, the goddess of cold pampered her subordinate with the makeover of a lifetime. When all was said and done, Jenna left with a bounce in her step and a fire in her spirit. As for the mother of the Vantha finished her routine of preparation, she slung a loose and flowing cloak of woven satin snowflakes around her shoulders and headed out. A pair of large men shadowed her movements. They wore loose fitting pants, slip on boots that appeared to be made of whaleskin and massive fur coats but wore no weapons and no shirts or other gear. It’s safe to say that these brutes are Morwen’s personal kelvic icebear guard and not to be messed with.

It didn’t take long for Morwen and her escorts to arrive at the Frozen Falls Market. The goddess’s face lit up as she soaked in the display of new things in her town. She wanted to sample the honey but then the pale-haired Konti’s caught her eye. As she floated across the walkway towards the booth with vision water, she was greeted with smiles, bows and shy children. Gracious as always, Morwen bowed in return then began to talk with her people. She gave evry individual his or her time to speak and replied with earnest answers and genuine concern if needbe.

Best of all, the ruler of the city was a physically affectionate being and would take women by the hand when they addressed her so that as they looked into her eyes, they could feel a re-enforced pat or squeeze as the divine empathized. With men, she would take a moment to read them then she’d take them by the arm or grasp their shoulders and play into their flexing muscles. (I realize that sounds strange but grab a young man by his bicep in greeting and you’ll find that he’ll flex every time.). It didn’t take long for the majority of the people browsing wares to stop what they were doing and go visit with the goddess. Despite the overwhelming surge, Morwen still managed to make a slow circle t each booth taking her time to talk with the foreigners as well as the locals.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Epifanio Snowsong on August 12th, 2016, 2:57 am

Title and Date

After some time spent wooing the most beautiful woman Epifanio had thought he had seen and sharing his name he let the woman go about her business. After all, Epifanio was not used to large markets, but he figured he would try out something new. Normally he would work at the Red Diamond Tavern, but such an event, how could he not think of playing some music?

After walking around, a bit Epifanio noticed a group of merchants near some booths stop what they were doing and go and visit with someone. After pulling in his coat into himself he went inspect what was going on. He noticed yet another beautiful woman. With beauty beyond compare. He could of sworn that he heard mention of a name, but wasn’t so sure.

Approaching the woman Epifanio noticed a cloak of fine woven satin snowflakes. He heard of only one that wore such attire. Morwen. During his coming of age ceremony, he had received her blessing but much of those days were long forgotten. She after-all took care of her people, and Epifanio wanted to in his own way return the favor.

After approaching Morwen, he was to say the least nervous. He had no idea how to react or what to say. Far worse than when he had tried approaching the other lady. Though, it seemed about the market Epifanio had already made a name for himself for flirting with so many ladies, as a few he noticed giggled and rumored about him.

“Oh no, don’t tell me that guy is about to…”
“He’s likely to be featured as one of Morwen’s pristine ice carvings!”

To everyone’s surprise when it finally came his time to present himself he simple bowed and said “Morwen, your beauty is beyond compare. Not sure if you remember me, but I am Epifanio and have grown to love music. Let me share my love with you.”

After a few moments of chilling silence Epifanio kept his eyes down towards the ground and shimmied Eisen, his gamba, off of his shoulders. After opening the case he simply sat down where it was convenient. He wanted to think of a song that would be appeasing to everyone. One that could be heart through the icy chill and wind of the market. One that could describe himself to Morwen. One that could show her how far he has come in life. Though, his skills weren’t the greatest when he sat down it was like everyone disappeared. It was one of his signature ways of performing. Closing his eyes the light touch of bow met string.
Starting off in a minor the music began to flow. The wind echoed through the base of Eisen, and the chilling sound sent a breath of fresh air through him. With every note his hands shook, but not from the cold. It allowed the music to pierce through his soul.

A light strum and tap of the base of the gamba caused a light reverberation. With every note the bards music moved him so. Expressions on his face could not be compared to anything else. For this was his performance, and perhaps the most important one he had done in a long time. A few off notes were quickly turned into an advantage during his improvisation, playing off of his passion for music. He didn’t even care for busking, and he wasn’t even sure if Morwen was still there, was listening.

A crowd did manage to come near and listen to the music as well and it brought many smiles.

Finally, after finishing his song he simply smiled and described a bit about himself.

“I am Epifanio Snowsong. I work at the Red Diamond Tavern, and any that want to go there to relax or drink I am often there playing.” His audition was completely emotional. He couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed in it all, and wanted to play more for everyone. He wanted to continue on regardless if Morwen was still there or not.

After a while he did allow the opportunity to speak with her if she so desired. He would keep it professional and cheery. Then he would continue to play about the market a variety of different songs for what would be hours giving the market a unique atmosphere it had probably never seen for a long time. It had been some time since a Snowsong had been so passionate. Passionate about music, passionate to others, but unable to find the same passion in return. Despite his passion he truly didn’t believe in love because often he would hear tales of married couples betraying themselves. Betraying their hearts.

Heart. That was very thing that drove him. Through all of his pain. The pain of losing his parents. The pain of going through life as a misunderstood man just out there for a woman’s body. As the bow once again met the string it was as if his life’s misery met with music. Though sad, the music had a distinct beauty to it, and was perceived differently by people of the market than what it truly meant to him. Though, that was his own secret he would deeply to himself.

Every note was as if it was a word. Crying out. Crying out for someone to hear it. For someone to understand it.
Secret :
Epifanio Snowsong
Bard

Words: 96514
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 12:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Avanthal Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Infilia Snowsong on August 15th, 2016, 7:20 pm

TIMETAMP // LOCATION

Neena stood silent and stiff. She turned to face another woman who was strolling along throughout the Frozen Market. Infilia nearly fell, Neenas' grip was like iron and Infilia was unprepared for what was to come. As she noticed a gorgeous, more ever beautiful woman come across the icy platform of what was known as Avanthal.

The home of the Vantha, the land of Mor-. Wait that can't be. Can it? Is it? Is Infilia going a little crazy or was she seeing what everyone else was seeing. Infilia could be located by the stalls that sold the treats and other candies. She was flabbergasted, shocked even to see the appearance of one of her beloved deities. One of which she cares deeply about, perhaps more so than anything else she has taken pride in. Now, she's here. She's actually here.

The vantha felt so surprised that she was almost as excited as a boy who'd received a puppy as a best friend from his parents. Though, Morwen, she was not anything like a dog or an animal. She was pure beauty and elegance. Infilias' mouth watered, but she soon realized and wiped the saliva off. "Look Iffy." Chimed Neena so happily, jumping up and down excitedly. "It's Queen Morwen!" The girl chimes.

"Yes yes it is." Replied Infilia without a doubt. "She certainly is beautiful." She commented cordially. Once Queen Morwen strolled over to the candy stall. Infilias knees quavered and she couldn't keep them from buckling. She lowered herself to one knee. "Queen..." Her words trailed. She was purely out of thought and she barely knew how to say what she wanted.

What was it she wanted to say?

"My Queen Morwen." She paused and cleared her throat Neena had eventually bowed and kneeled to. She was all jittery as it came to this point. "It's such a pleasure, your appearance." Infilia chimed, her head bowed high. Her eyes gazing at the beautiful Morwen. "Is there anything that I can do for you, my lady?" She asks. Once Queen Morwen addresses Infilia. She'll listen to what she has to say.

~~~~

Epifanio.

Is that really him?

Infilia figured that could be him, but wasn't so sure. The man was known as a flirtatious man. One that Infilia might be weary of, but she can't always trust the opinions of others. Plus, she has a tendency to make factual judgements to others when she met them. Though, Morwen, she didn't judge Morwen not by her acts and definitely not by her looks.

Infilia joined the small group thst paraded around the man. As he got out his Gamba and started to play. Infilia listened. It was mostly beautiful, but she assumed that the man was just as much as a novice at playing as she herself. Infilia gave a small plausible clap for Epifanio and blushes while she smiled. After all, he did have the wits in order to play in front of a crowd. Not even infilia will play in front of one, well not yet anyways. Once she gets used to people that is.

She continued to gaze at the lot. Epifanio was definitely making something of himself. For sure. She smiled.
Summer Threads - 2/5
1 of these threads are job threads.
Job Threads - 1/2

Note: I am doing what I can to catch up with past job threads. So bear with me please!
Infilia Snowsong
Player

Words: 113820
Joined roleplay: February 29th, 2016, 2:28 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Levali on August 18th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Levali Rödal Iceglaze
Summer 516 AV

Levali's gaze was focused downwards as she waded through the crowd, finding herself fairly distracted by the jar of frozen honey in her hands. ..If only the damn thing would open.. She placed her bare hand against the lid, trying to twist it a bit before realizing how fruitless her task was. A frustrated sigh escaped her lips, until a man with an instrument on his back approached her and offered her the kindest of compliments on the subject of her hair. Still catching her breath, the mason hardly had time to reply as he continued down the street; Leaving Levali with a light blush and a smile on her face. If he had stayed than she might have made an exception to her work rush for him, but alas there was no such luck. Apparently people did notice when she put proper care into her body.. The kindness of strangers never ceased to astound her. Another man with the tip of his bow poking out from behind him made his way past her, but the girl hardly seemed to notice; Distracted by her thoughts.

A bit of thinking was done on the spot as she reflexively ran a hand through her dark brown hair, making sure everything was in place. Still caught in the moment, she was only drawn out by some commotion when Morwen had appeared before the people. She was already only a building's length away when Levali noticed. The collection of emotions and information made her eyes switch quickly between Amber, Blue and finally Brown. Affection, surprise and admiration in turn. Just when she thought it was too late to get out of the middle of the street without attracting the attention of the city's resident goddess, the bard from a moment ago came to her rescue with a collection of songs that brought the crowd to a silenced appreciation. Levali mentally decided she could stay for the show.. After all, seeing Morwen in the town was about as good an excuse to be late for work as she might get. It was impossible to ignore the goddess' beauty in any case, with bright blue eyes and raven hair.. Only it seemed that both were so much more defined. They caught her attention instantly, and it was almost hard to look away. By the time the bard was done his songs and such Levali was far out of the way of the street. Something inside her still desired to give some kind of patronage to Morwen.. Be it a kind word, a gift or a touch.

As a somewhat dramatic twist, the music became sad and more powerful than before.. At some point she could have sworn she saw Morwen glance over to the honey at the stall she had just come from. No doubt the child would give her the entire stock if she asked for it, but Levali wasn't about to give him the chance. Her decision was made in a second as the crowd was still distracted by the beautiful song from the bard. She approached in a confident, brisk pace to her Queen and Goddess, making a low bow of her head without bending the rest of her body too far and extending an arm towards her with the jar of honey in hand. Maybe if she was lucky Morwen might think the same of her hair that the bard had only moments ago..

"I'll not take up too much of your time my lady.. I think I saw you look towards the stand over to your left at some point, and I thought that I might save you the trouble of fetching it yourself." Her voice stretched off at the end, wondering if she had spoke loud enough for Morwen to even notice her amidst the music. Levali seemed to have already forgotten the price tag attached to the object she had only just bought, her gaze still aimed downwards as she handed it off. It wasn't that she was afraid of her Queen per say.. Only that she didn't want to be caught in a mesmerized stare, which would no doubt occur if she got such a close look at the frozen beauty. Already the temptation to look up into her stunning eyes was great.. Why did everyone have to be so pretty around here?
Levali
Icebreaker

Words: 48365
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2016, 4:11 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Junco on August 25th, 2016, 3:34 pm

Juno was admiring his newly purchased an gorgeous bow and was very excited to go test it out. He loved the dark wood it was created from, the designs etched into the surface of leaves anf vines and spirals. He would never see such plants so far north, it was like a tiny portal to a jungle somewhere far in the Spires. The colorful thread which wrapped itself along the tips was so expertly wrapped, tightly and evenly Junco knew he wouldnt have to worry about it coming undone.

Soon the hunter was inturrupted from his gazing by a small hint of music coming from behind him as well as a sudden influx of chatter from his Vantha people. He turned to scan the large crowd that had appreaed out of now where, squinting to try and see where the music was coming from. But instead of finding the man on the gound with a Gamba in his hand, he saw something even more precious and beautfitul than his bow could ever be.

No matter how many times he saw Her, Junco was always immediately stricken by Her. She radiated an elegance, a power. She looked like a normal woman, an intensely beautiful woman, yet somehow She seemed larger, though Junco doubted She was even as tall as he. When She walked the crowd parted without word or action, every eye was upon Her magnificence. There was nothing else when She was in the room. There was only Her.

Morwen. Junco had seen her throughout his childhood and adulthood as she walked the streets of Avanthal. One of the most amazing points in his life was when she came to him as he grew of age and granted him Her Gnosis mark, a sign of acceptance and love. If he was lucky Morwen would choose him for an assignment, the highest honor. Though usually he was simply informed this by the Icewatch instead of the Goddess Herself.

Without thinking he slung his new weapon across his back and began walking towards the moving Deity. He shoved his way into the crowd that was dense and loud, yelling for the Goddesses attention. He felt no need to scream, he felt strangely serene. It took him a chime until he got to the middle of the crowd, where a large empty circle was as people gave Morwen her space as she swept through her people. He managed to force his way to the edge amongst his excited peers. As she began to approach Junco bowed a deep, honoring bow. "My Queen..."

And the Goddess probably didn't even hear him through the chatter of the mass around him. But he swore she looked at him. He would swear it.
Junco
Chris John Millington - Model

Words: 83397
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2016, 10:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next