Closed Anger Issues (Irathia)

Samuel and Irathia discover they have something in common.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Anger Issues (Irathia)

Postby Samuel Longwell on July 27th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Samuel Thoughts Others

Samuel noticed that Irathia seemed a little happier when she opened her eyes from the meditation, but it quickly drained from her expression. It was replaced by a slightly stony look that Samuel thought appeared to be a look of disdain. He nodded when Irathia asked if he truly wanted to know, suspecting that she did want to open up, and he hoped that talking about it would help her. His eyes widened slightly in shock as she told her painful story. He noticed her shoulders shaking and tears welling up in her eyes so he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “That's.... awful” he said, “I'm so sorry that this is happening to you lass.” As the story continued Samuel realised why the squire had come to try and meditate. “She wants to take back control of herself.” he thought to himself, “I can relate to that.” Samuel waited until she'd finished speaking before he spoke again. “I can't imagine what you're going through, but I truly believe that you can get through this.” he said, “For now you should avoid situations which have a chance to make you angry until you have this under control. In the meantime I would suggest continuing to practise meditating. If you can control your mind then perhaps that will be the key to preventing these blackouts.”

Samuel paused for a moment, wondering how else he could help Irathia. He was not used to having to comfort people, especially not strangers, it was a new sensation for him. He hoped that his words had been slightly helpful for her, but he couldn't be sure. He decided he would talk about the problems he had suffered with and how he had overcome them, to give her some hope for the future. “Self control is an important thing to have,” he said, “and this is a great place to work on that. I have needed to work on it a fair amount myself.” Samuel's eyes seemed to glaze over as he lingered on some painful memories. “I watched slavers dismember my best friend, completely unable to stop them.” he continued, “And the pain I felt took over my life. All I wanted to was go and find them and make them pay for what they did, horribly and painfully. Meditating has helped me to take more control of my need for revenge, it no longer controls me. I hope that it will also help you take control.” After speaking about his own issues Samuel fell silent, obviously lost in old memories.
Last edited by Samuel Longwell on August 7th, 2016, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Anger Issues (Irathia)

Postby Irathia on August 4th, 2016, 2:29 am

Irathia felt like her chest was hallow, she was so uncomfortable with revealing to this random person she just met today. It felt like once she began to go and talk she just couldn't stop until it was all out in the open in this place of quiet. It sort of felt wrong to be talking about her issue in apparently a place of quiet and meditation... The place is supposed to be peaceful and her issue was the complete opposite, she was a rage filled squire that is struggling to control her even most basic of emotions.

She felt some tears well up in her eyes again as Samuel explained why he began to meditate... He wanted revenge for a friend that fell to a slaver... She remembered how she was a slave again, hiding away her emotions to prevent more attacks from her master. The pain each time a whip were to slice open her flesh re-emerged in her mind as she could almost hear the echo of each and every single crack as the whip went back to the user.

She saw the look on his face, he looked like he was in pain... She decided to wrap her arms around him and hug him. She knew hugs were good sometimes, she also needed a bit herself as she quickly spiraled into a state of sadness thanks to the explosion of emotions she par took in only a few moments earlier. "I am sorry I brought those memories back up." Irathia said softly. "I know how seeing that can hurt." Irathia patted Samuel's back slightly.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Anger Issues (Irathia)

Postby Samuel Longwell on August 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm

Samuel Thoughts Others

Samuel looked up from his musing with a wistful expression on his face. The pain of his grief was far smaller and easier to handle than it had been even a season before, but he didn't think it would ever truly disappear. His loss still hurt, but he could also recall good times so his memories were bitter-sweet. Noticing the tears in Irathia's eyes Samuel smiled sadly, suspecting his own sadness had triggered the squire's. Samuel was surprised when she embraced him, he hadn't been hugged in quite a long time. He froze for a second, then returned the hug warmly. His eyes welled up at Irathia's compassion, she hardly knew him and yet she was here trying to comfort him. “Don't worry about it,” he replied when she apologised, “these memories are a part of who I am. They remind me why the knights are so important. There are people all over the place who need our protection, and it's our duty to help them.” Samuel smiled at the squire, rubbing his eyes to remove the tears that threatened to spill out. “I believe that you'll be able to do that too.” he said firmly, “You can help make a difference in this world, just remember that when things seem dark.”

He smirked as his stomach made a small noise. Although not yet midday, his stomach was clearly ready for lunch. “I think I'm going to head to get some food now.” Samuel said, rubbing his stomach. He stood up and offered his hand to Irathia to help her up. “Perhaps I could teach you some riding at some point?” he suggested, “It would be a fairly safe way to train as you shouldn't be getting angry at all. And I've always found some exercise is a good way to put me in a better mood. Either way, it was nice to meet you Irathia.”
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Anger Issues (Irathia)

Postby Irathia on August 10th, 2016, 4:12 am

Irathia let go of the hug, and held her hands behind her back as she looked up at the knight in front of her. The words of the man filled her with hope, she wanted to change the world for the better and have a knight say that to her made her feel happy, which was a feeling she was missing for a long while... She started to smile a bit, as she heard his stomach rumble. Irathia nodded.

"I would like that, if you can take me riding." She said, she knew a tiny bit about riding but she still needed to improve a lot if she were to ever become a knight. "I don't think I would get angry at riding horses after all." Irathia mumbled to herself as she rubbed her mouth. "Until next time." Irathia said as she began to go, her stomach started to rumble as well as she began to walk. The image of her with glistening white armor and a hammer made of ivory still floated in her mind, and a small smile crept across her face.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Anger Issues (Irathia)

Postby Sayana on January 9th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Samuel
Skills
  • Meditation: 3
  • Prayer: 1
  • Observation: 2
  • Socialization: 5
  • Teaching: 5
  • Planning: 1
  • Storytelling: 1
  • Endurance: 1
Lores
  • Meditation: Taking slow deep breaths
  • Irathia: Troubled Squire
  • Teaching: Making a student feel at ease
  • Meditation: Focusing on Yahal
  • Irathia's story about her berserker blackouts
Miscellaneous
  • 4 Shield Points for helping a squire

Irathia
Skills
  • Endurance: 2
  • Socialization: 5
  • Observation: 2
  • Meditation: 2
  • Storytelling: 1
Lores
  • Samuel: Kindly Knight
  • Meditation: Finding a focus point
  • Meditation: Focusing on what you want to be
  • Samuel's story about his friend and slavers

Comments: That was a sweet little thread with both characters opening up to each other. See if you can try making your posts longer, as many were only a paragraph or two long. But overall, nicely done.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous