Completed Death and Business [Clyde]

Eveything is about to change.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Death and Business [Clyde]

Postby Shimoje on April 18th, 2016, 9:33 pm

Showing Potential?

Shimoje was far a bit more tempered and patient now, and he willingly waited before the door. It didn’t even bother him that much to hear the mage seemingly taking his time. The mage answered the door, still not given his proper name so Shimoje replied with a “Hello again, Sir. You know I have been thinking.” Shimoje quirked a smile knowing that that tidbit about time and the imbalance between the two of them. He didn’t focus too much on the barter aspect of it, but more of the metaphorical aspects of it.

“Time is linear, and what I can do with my time is the same as yours, whether or not I am more productive or skilled to accomplish such in that amount of time is the question. Though, time should be appreciated the same regardless. I am sure you might be older than me, you have had more time than me, yes. But that is the only imbalance that makes things in your favor. If I was given the same amount of time one might even say with the proper use of time I could surpass you.”
Shimoje spoke longwinded “Though, I am not quite sure what you are capable of.” He smiled and got back onto the task at hand. Shimoje presented the device before him and showed him how it could grind soft materials to a very fine powder. That was all this device could do, and though simple it could easily be made more powerful as Shimoje also possessed metal crafting skills as well. “I can also turn all of my creations to metal to make them better. I prefer to work with wood because it gives you a more forgiving outlook before you deal with things that have more consequence in making a mistake.” He was proud of his work of art, but Shimoje saw his flaws and knew he could have done better. It wasn’t treated, varnished, or oiled. That was to be expected with such a fast craft though.

Finally, Shimoje was asked a grand question of whether or not he could make a working arm. He wasn’t entirely sure but he had thought of making functioning insects and animals before, but he was always lacking the proper materials and research to do such. He looked at his arm and his hand. He could perhaps make a simply contraption for the hand, but the arm would be proven a bit more difficult. A thought came to his mind. He had looked at the door before him and how it swung on a hinge. A hinge is placed with circular spaced placed together and a nail or something straight placed inside of them to make a free moving axis. Perhaps something like that would work for an arm, but how would it be moved and controlled?

Shimoje’s thoughts showed a glimmer in his eyes, but at this time he didn’t grasp anything either than a functioning hand. Which would be able to function using springs. For each joint of the fingers could be attached by a pulley system integrated with rotating cogs, but overall functioning each and every finger would prove to be difficult. Perhaps it might be possible with some sort of leather than rotated around a small planetary gear within the shoulder? The elbows would be the most difficult Shimoje pondered on how the parts would move with it. Shimoje was getting frustrated at the thoughts. “I might. Give me an arm to dissect and I will make one for you.” He didn’t really care how that sounded, but he spoke the truth. With proper research anything would be possible. That is how Shimoje viewed the world. Nothing had limitations within his mind, and if a boundary did exist he would tread on it carefully observing what lies beyond.

Shimoje stood before the mage as he pondered of everything that he crafted before. A lot of what he has worked on here in Syliras were simple. He didn’t want to attract much attention. People already thought a simple spear with a screw like function in it was strange enough, but now he stands before a mage who had just said that his works was his business alone. “How is it fair of me to share my discoveries and things I have made with you, when I don’t have a guarantee of anything in return.” Shimoje was trying to pull the card around to be in his favor. His point was valid, and Shimoje was a quick learner. He was trying to demonstrate that despite how he had been acting he had been listening to the mage.

This encounter would determine everything, and Shimoje was very willing to share with the mage, but not freely. Not after what the mage had just said and is if he was devaluing him. He felt the need to prove his worth, and there would be no worth if an inventor would openly share his creations to a stranger. Shimoje knew this for sure. He had best keep that part a mystery. “But I will tell you this, Sir. If I could think of something like this grinder so fast and craft it out of wood, just Imagine with the proper research and studies what I can do. This is basic shyke that is nothing to be proud of. I can experiment with metal and draw out my plans for a more concise build or device. Not only can I make my own, but I can also tamper with others. I used to take things apart and modify them back in Zeltiva.” Shimoje perhaps let that last bit slip. He mentioned that he was a foreigner to Syliras.

oocThe last part of Shimoje being a foreigner opens to question some things and could draw forth his commitment to the city. The only reason Shimoje is in this crowded place was to search for information

Speech Thoughts
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 19th, 2016, 1:51 am

Clyde mostly ignored the rest of Shimoje's rant. He was starting to blather in Clyde's opinion, and had attempted to take a metaphor too far.

He also found it rather insulting that the youth thought he was worth as much as Clyde, or that it was his age alone that meant he had this greater worth. It was for his skill that he was so highly paid for his work, both due to its rarity and the high level of capability he had in it.

He'd done a lot in a relatively short span of time, had faced much harshness, and having survived had become what he now was.

The device was a bit more interesting, though it didn't hold his attention for too long. He could the same with a mortar and pestle, and with much less mess. Not to mention bits and such getting caught inside. It was fine perhaps for chalk, but what if he was crushing berries? Bits would get caught inside, juices would soak into awkward pieces, and it just wouldn't be a good outcome.

That and the fact that the device looked as if it would fall apart if he gave it a wrong look.

Of course, his own comparison point was to the various devices and golems made no Sahova.

At his comment in response to his question about his ability to make an arm, Clyde gave him a sickened glare, as if someone had just plopped down a rotting corpse under his nose.

“In other words, no. Don't overstate or overestimate your own abilities, one is trying to fool another and the other is trying to fool yourself. I'll stomach neither. ”

“And why, pray tell, would a arm of wood and metal function the same as a normal arm? Maybe bits of the design would be the same, but I highly doubt the inner workings of our bodies are the same as a false limbs inner workings.”

Clyde of course had seen such mechanical limbs, though he'd never paid that close attention to them at the time. Some of the golems had arms, and others didn't. Others had things that functioned as arms, but as full arms weren't really required they didn't have fully functioning limbs.

The ones he had seen looked perhaps in some cases aesthetically the same as a human limb, sometimes, but they didn't appear to work the same. They didn't have muscles and such after all.

His question of Clyde's fairness however had drawn up a bit of Clyde's annoyance. He could see he needed to answer firmly before the youth got ahead of himself and started thinking to highly of the things he might offer.

“As for why its fair for you to share a listing of what little you've made, which clearly isn't any great depth of secrets and lost knowledge as you are trying to allude to, I ask to gauge your skill and knowledge. Since when I did ask you a proper question such as with the making of an arm you gave me a flippant and unhelpful answer which gave no measure of your ability.”

“Likewise, you are requesting of me direct knowledge of the innerworkings of things, of direct answers and secrets. I however am asking for a PETCHING list! Do you really think that because I know a list of what you've done I'm going to be able to go off and petching steal your ideas! If I tell you I've drawn a tree, does that mean you can go off and make a copy of my drawing! If your going to try and be smart with me, then try using your head.”

Clyde shook his head after having raised his voice, his annoyance at the upstart youths rudeness and faulty logic becoming audible.

“I can't make an assessment of you, of what you can do, of what you offer, without knowing what you can do and what you offer. You are the one desiring the knowledge, while I know what I do or don't know.”

“You deciding upon yourself to make something specific, that shows nothing. Now, if I'd set a problem upon you, and I'd asked for a solution, and you'd then made that item which solved my query, then yes I might praise your quick witted nature and your ability. But you didn't, you made an item you thought of for no particular reason, as no particular solution. For all I know you've made that item before, or you spent the last fortnight working and designing it to finally make it now.”

Clyde's expression changed to a bit of a sneer, as he half laughed at the boy.

“Or perhaps you don't want to answer because you've made nothing of note, and don't want to show how little your area of knowledge truly is? Perhaps that is why you so heavily protest telling me what you've made.”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 20th, 2016, 12:50 am

Showing Potential?

The pure essence of defeat had ushered over Shimoje. He knew the truth but his eyes turned shifty with almost every word of Clyde’s lecture. He hadn’t even earned a proper introduction from the mage yet. This man was very interesting, and Shimoje wanted to somehow get to him in some way in other. Instigation was clearly not working, but there was no turning back. To his knowledge Shimoje’s emotions seemed to pass over quite a bit of emotion to the mage. Then with a sudden glimpse into the situation he had peered into the situation as if he was a third party.

Here is this skilled mage, clearly with much more knowledge and experience than Shimoje, yet he had affected the mage to such a degree emotionally he had caused some irate feelings from the man. Shimoje almost felt sorry for the situation he was in, causing stress and distracting the mage, but at the same time he didn’t want to digress from the situation. He knew full well that he hadn’t had much to show and tell the mage of his inventions. He was at a complete stand still, and nothing was working. Not even trying to make him feel sorry for Shimoje.

At every turn Shimoje was put down and it made him feel far more immature than what he was. He was like a bratty kid trying to ask his parents for something in the marketplace. A sight that Shimoje would occasionally see while strolling through the great bazaar. The two were clearly clashing with each other, and Shimoje couldn’t think of a single thing to patch up this disaster. Flame on top of flame in a forest fire would usually snuff it out, but Shimoje did not know this. Despite all of it Shimoje wanted to assert that he was a force that would not take no for an answer. Giving up was not in his vocabulary, at least not till now.

“You are right. I don’t have much to show you, or much to even share with you.” Shimoje looked down at his feet realizing just how plain his life had been. It was all so calamitous what he had been doing, but somehow he didn’t care. Shimoje didn’t have any control over his own emotions or feelings. With a snooty remark he continued on “Why allow someone like me to make you so irate, mage?” He snipped the word mage as if an insult, but he didn’t mean to. His social skills were really lacking here with Clyde.

By the time he had realized what he had done it was probably all too late. Shimoje looked at the man and his staff once over and almost thought this would be his last mistake, but with a sudden widening of his eyes he let out probably the most logical question to ask him. “What would it take?” With that question he had been thrown in the glum sense of defeat, as if at this point he might do anything to appease the mage. It was very surprising that Shimoje had bended at the will of the mage.

This was a way of Shimoje admitting his defeat. He had no desire to try and argue or to try and flex his brain against the mage. Though, Shimoje would always remember this, and perhaps it might flare a very new outlook on things. There was no way to tell for sure, but Shimoje just stood there waiting for the mage’s answer like a lost puppy searching for food.

Speech Thoughts
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 22nd, 2016, 11:36 pm

Clyde was a skilled negotiator, and new many a tactic to get the upperhand. He had long since learned not to give in to emotional overtures, people whining or trying to make him feel sorry for him. Neither did lies, overstatements, or wanton bluffery.

He also knew that at the point when the other person thought the least of themselves and their own skills, that such a moment was the best moment to make a deal. When they valued what they offered the least, regardless of if this personal assessment was true, was when he would get the most from his trade partner while giving up the least.

Clyde had long ago noticed the man's emotional state, his commitment to convincing Clyde and the various overtures he was using. He WANTED what Clyde knew. Which meant he wasn't likely to back out. Which meant Clyde could go further, push him further, without it being as likely that the youth would quick and walk away.

He had expertly manipulated the events of their speech into the position he desired so as to negotiate himself the best deal he could.

The moment when he admitted how little he had to offer was the first sign Shimoje was nearing the point Clyde desired.

Clyde simply smiled at his questioning of why Clyde was becoming so upset over something said by one as Shimoje, as if it was some private joke he found amusing. Akin perhaps to the smile on a cats face, as it played with a mouse before eating it... If cats smiled.

Asking what it would take, what he would need to do for the agreement, that sign of desperation was the final piece.

“Fine, come inside Shim. We will talk further.”

Walking back to his front door, Clyde opened it halfway, holding up a hand indicating for Shimoje to walk through first. If he did as Clyde indicated Clyde would follow, shutting and locking the door behind him.

He'd gesture at the glyphs taking up a good bit of the floor in the middle of the room, with the stone pedestal at its center. To a non-glypher they would look like nothing more than so many odd symbols. Letters, pictographs, odd designs and intricate lines, all melded into a confusing but concerted whole.

“Watch the paint, its still drying in places.”

“As for what it would take... A promise. A true promise written with magic. I can't just go telling my secrets to just anyone. I would expect you to promise to keep my secret knowledge secret. I can't have you blabbing and telling everyone across Syliras. Magic is by its nature a secretive thing, and we mages protect our secrets above all else. Some things are forbidden. Some things are forgotten. And some things just shouldn't be put into the wrong hands.”

“I'm not fully sure your hands are the right ones, but if I'm to tell you such things I'll need the promise so as to make sure no one else gets the information and misuses it. The knights wouldn't take kindly to my acting hastily, and it resulting in secrets of magic getting to everyone's ears. The promise would be for both myself, to protect my secrets and make sure it stays between us, and to protect you from you letting it spill and getting yourself into trouble.”
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 23rd, 2016, 2:45 pm

Shimoje entered the lab with a slight frustration. As he had entered his vision faded from the change in lighting. He stood there for a few moments for his eyes to readjust. Everything seemed so foreign, and despite the painting of random symbols and letters he couldn’t even begin to comprehend it seemed put together in a clean manner. A chaotic sort of organization filled the room with mysteries and wonders. Shimoje’s eyes widened and he felt overwhelmed with questions but kept his mouth quiet. This was perhaps the only time that he had kept his mouth sealed since meeting this invigorating man.

His lab was impressive and as he stood there listening to what it would take to learn from this mage his feelings once again went haywire. “A promise” he thought. The words were repeated back and forth and finally he couldn’t take it anymore. He listened to how mages protect their secrets and how some things are forbidden, and then finally the part of a promise written with magic had sunken in. “What type of promise involves the use of magic?” he whispered deep in his mind. He turned to Clyde and knew that he was being very serious now, and Shimoje couldn’t get rid of a sinking feeling from within his guts. Whatever this sinking feeling was, it was far better than everything else he had dealt with at this point.

Shimoje noticed that the mage didn’t want his information reaching out into the habitants of Syliras. “I don’t think I will have a problem telling the knights. I don’t trust them myself. They seem like mindless people hiding behind armor and numbers, and when situations arise they have to debate. Even when reporting to Loren Dyres, they didn’t react in a way that was logical. Useless.” Shimoje spoke mainly from experience here, and he didn’t go into much detail of what it was about, but it was very clear that over the short amount of time that was spent here is Syliras was not one that he grew to like with the presence of the knights around.

“I will make this promise, but I must ask – what does it fully involve? I don’t want to particularly stick around here.” Shimoje wasn’t sure if it was his feelings that left him to this decision or a combination of that and the experiences he had here. “If you must ask, I have some experience on ships, and would like to travel around learning as much as I can from various places. I doubt that I could learn much here locked away in a castle where information is so safe guarded from the public. The knights even control the archives. Though, you are right knowledge should be kept secret. So I will do what I can to find it on my own.” Shimoje’s conviction led him down a dangerous path. He had just gotten access to possibly strike a promise with the mage, but now spoke of leaving the city. He knew that might cause some complications, but regardless he had to tell the mage of his intentions. He would feel like he would be lying any other way.

Shimoje handed the letter to Clyde and dare not move from his spot till he was told to do so. Who knows what this place had to hold in it, and Shimoje didn’t want to risk any more complications to arise. His nerves were tense and his mind locked in a state of frame that almost seemed to linger upon thoughts of hatred and desire. Even if he could release himself of these emotions, it probably wouldn’t be any better. He imagined what this mage had in store for him, and the details of this promise.

Shimoje didn’t like the aspect of begging, but regardless he had held himself upright as he easily tore apart the creation he had just crafted. It was rather easily to dissemble. He was fairly careful not to get chalk dust anywhere and he placed it in his pack. He could probably use the parts later, if not it would make for some fire wood at least. He looked back at when he had crafted it and thought it was all too silly. Trying to impress the mage with such a rudimentary device. This lab held far more interesting aspects to it, and opened his eyes to his foolishness.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 24th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Clyde smiled and shook his head at the obvious question, one he knew would be coming. In time he would have explained, but more often than not people didn't want to wait for it and instead started pestering about specific points.

If he just started spouting endless streams of information little would be retained. So he played their game, letting them ask their questions he knew they would ask in their impatience.

“It is a technique called a Grand Oath. It uses a particular form of magic, and allows one to make a... Contract more or less. An unbreakable contract. Once you sign it agreeing to the terms on it, you cannot break it. Of course, if you have no plan to break your promise, it won't do anything.”

Heading over to his writing desk, Clyde took out a bit of parchment and a quill, which he dipped in a inkpot sitting atop the desk, and began to scrawl out a short list.

“As for the knights, I would not be heard saying such things. This is their city, we all only live here with their permission. I... Sometimes don't agree with their decisions, but I give them the respect they are due. And its not just the knights I want my secret kept secret from. Magic is potent knowledge. Many would buy, trade, or steal it if they could, for a chance at power. I also keep it from those unworthy for it, by having you keep my secrets.”

From Clyde's words it would appear he was reprimanding the youth for his comment on the knights, and that keeping things from them wasn't the point of the oath. Which in a way it wasn't, as they were just one of many facets of the many threats facing Clyde, if one of the larger ones.

“While the squires tend to be a mixed bag, some strong and some weak, the knights are not to be trifled with, and are all skilled fighters and defenders of their domain.”

Hearing the youth speak of his future intent to leave, he pondered the worth of his oathing him. He couldn't get much value out of such a person in such a short span of time, not if he was to leave Syliras. He decided then that if he was to oath him, he'd not be the one to pay for it. He would never recoup his expenses for the contract if he wasn't sticking around.

Clyde paused as Shimoje handed him the letter, quickly scanning over it.

He was glad to have one question answered, where he had gotten the information to ask the leading question that ended most likely with Animation. Clearly this was where he had gotten his snippet of info.

Done he handed the paper back, and continued writing out his list.

“If you plan to leave, how will you repay me for the knowledge you request? I can teach you things, but I won't do so now, not today. Knowledge comes in time, at the right moment, and not before. I might find you ready to have it imparted tomorrow, or it might be two seasons from now. Or longer, if i find you deficient. I won't expedite my tutelage just because you are in a rush and want to leave.”

Picking up his list, Clyde handed it to Shimoje, then put away his writing implements.

“Now, I will tell you, I believe I know the magic your father spoke of. I believe I have the knowledge you speak. Beyond that though I will not say unless you have signed my oath. That paper there lists the things needed. Various expensive paints, inks, and papers. It should be available at a magic supply store, I believe there is one in Syliras that sells maps and various items of unknown provenance.”

“It will probably cost around one hundred gold mizas. If you buy those things, show me you are committed and fully invested, and bring them to me in two days time, I will make the oath. Once it is signed I will give you the beginnings of the knowledge you seek. I need time to word the oath, that is the reason for the wait, before you ask me why the two day wait. Also it will give you the chance to decide how committed to this course you are. If I see you then, I know you will be firmly committed to these actions.”

If Shimoje attempted to leave Clyde would unlock the door to let him out, and then lock it behind him.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 24th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Shimoje stood there in awe and listened to Clyde describe the details of the grand oath. It seemed to be fairly bizarre, but Shimoje understood aspects of a contract. A contract is what sent him away from Zeltiva initially and caused him so much discomfort. Regardless, it made sense to Shimoje, and wasn’t logically unsound. After describing the nature of the knights and squires in a very political tune Clyde had suggested Shimoje to not trifle with them. Shimoje would never try such a thing, but that didn’t keep him from secretly not liking them. Somehow they had lost his respect and couldn’t bear to bring himself back to respecting them. Not yet, and maybe not ever, but that was another time and story in and of itself.

Shimoje observed quietly as Clyde had read his letter and chose not to say a word as he read it. It seemed very awkward to be sharing such a thing with someone. He had never shown the letter to anyone else. Then came the big question. How would Shimoje pay him back for his wealth of knowledge that he would share? Furthermore, what type of knowledge would be so much worth such all of this, and what effects would it have on the bald headed Zeltivian?

Shimoje smiled towards the mage and his eyes got narrow. “You can work many things into a promise, mage, surely it is the same as a magical promise?” Shimoje spoke out of tongue and didn’t really know what he was meddling with. When the thought occurred to him, his eagerness got the better side of his emotions. However long it would take to impart the grand oath Shimoje had hoped it would be before he set to the sea. It wasn’t like he would never see the mage again. From what he remembered they always spend a season or so in Syliras. Also, remembering back to some former adventures there was ways that his captain received information from land, but he couldn’t recall how at this moment. It was always some sort of mystery to him.

Shimoje recalled the shop that he had visited prior to meeting the mage and figured that the shopkeeper there would have it. Shimoje didn’t like the idea of spending his limited money on the grand oath, but it was a serious price to pay for a resolution that would cure him of this unquenchable thirst of knowledge. “Mage, I will do as you ask, but if you must know… the reason for the travel is a job, and the sea holds many mysteries. I work on a trade ship that imports Zeltivian wine. I also come from Zeltiva, which is a land of great wonders as well. Our route is something like Zeltiva to Abura to Ahnatep to Yahebah to Riverfall to Alvadas and finally to Syliras. We rest in Syliras for a time, so you don’t have to worry about me up and running away forever. I also have no intention in breaking your trust with me.” Shimoje explained in long details the things that the mage should know about himself before discussing other pressing matters.
“You said you didn’t think that my hands are the right ones. What is more right than the hands that are willing?” Shimoje nodded to the mage and held out his hands in a form of display as he talked. “I understand the wait. In the time I will do my own thinking, but for now I have a shop to get to before it closes. I have other plans tomorrow before I…” Shimoje chuckled a bit and headed to the door as Clyde followed and unlocked the door to let him out. Just as Shimoje left the door he let out the rest of his sentence “sign my life away.” Shimoje smiled and joked about the matter, but something in his gut told him this was no joke, and that he would be doing something like that.

Shimoje walked away from the lab feeling a sort of accomplishment and headed once again to the shopkeeper he had visited earlier. He entered the shop with a more confident approach and didn’t mind the grotesque dirtiness of the shop itself. Shimoje had visited this shop for his third or fourth time now, and the man in the shop seemed to recognize him. “Ah, Shimoje – what have you come for this time? Another book on monsters? I got a better one this time.” Dominic Ariva asked the young man.
Secret :
Shimoje was slightly interested, but decided against it. He handed Dominic the list of supplies and stated fairly “I am looking for these, happen to have them?” The old man raised a brow at the list like he knew something but kept quiet and slowly whisked around to gather the exquisite materials. “It’ll be 100gm, but somehow I think you already knew that.” Dominic said. “Wait, just one more thing… “Shimoje had interrupted the old man I need that gadgeteering toolkit and surgeon’s toolkit that we talked about earlier.” Shimoje was feeling gracious in some manner or another. He had already collected so many tools, but needed more. He knew that he would need them in the future. “My my son, do you have enough money for all of this? I think that brings your total to 450GM!” The old man smiled tenaciously, but was very excited. The old tools had been collecting a lot of dust on his shelves, and each held a special way they were bound in to easily be carried. The sheer amount of tools was overwhelming, but it only made Shimoje very giddy.

Shimoje counted the money carefully and handed it to the old man and placed everything in his pack, aside from the tools which he mounted carefully on his belt alongside his woodcarver’s toolkit and nail pouch. He started to look like a rather interesting man. He went back to his apartment and ate then went to sleep early to get a good night’s rest.

Shimoje awoke in the morning and pondered on everything the mage had said. He was still considering everything, but he had already bought all of the materials. It was only a waiting game at this point. Though, the thoughts and feelings still corrupted him like a man without a purpose. Shimoje’s brain was exploding with thoughts and information. He got out a few of his scrolls from his overloaded pack and carefully started to drawn. He had been thinking about getting a tattoo for a while now, but now came the time to draw it out. He dipped his quill in a vial of ink and carefully started to ellipse his designs on a piece of paper. First came some inspiration from the hunt of the kriital, a bird crudely and abstractly drawn, then the design markings of a map and other various artifacts that had been swirling around his head as well. These were all things that had occurred in his past life and here in syliras. Too include things he was passionate about. He stood up, proud of his creation and headed out to the tattoo parlor.

Lichenan Tidalcatch stood before Shimoje needle and hammer in hand and for one last time asked “Are you ready?” Shimoje nodded his bald head before the clunking of the needle penetrated his scalp, led by a bit of blood in the process. This ticking at his scalp seemed to occur for bells without end, but it was all just another day for Shimoje. He embraced the needle, and even more so embraced the fact of everything that has happened up until now.

He knew deep down that soon he would leave the city. Things got far too complicated here, and deep down he despised the city of Syliras. Something had corrupted Shimoje’s heart and the person he was before was no longer. His intentions had changed, and it was no longer a chase of just going through the motions of trying to find his Father. His father could rot disgracefully for all he cared. It wasn’t like he was even present for a majority of his life anyways.

Shimoje closed his eyes, wincing a little bit to every stroke across the side of his head and his neck. Each tap was like a thousand needles with one more pressed into his skull as a new mark was made. It had a very lingering feeling. “I am from Zeltiva” Shimoje said through the pain, gritting his teeth. “Oh you are? That makes sense, but why such an abstract tattoo in such a place?” said the artist. “It tells a story, and only I know that story, and it grow over time” Responded Shimoje, and in his own right Shimoje was correct. The shapes spurred off in all different directions and almost resembled some sort of map and details of inventions. The design was worked out for quite a while by both of them. Shimoje had been visiting Lichenan for what seemed to be a week ever since the night that his mind went haywire.

Several more bells had passed as Shimoje embraced the pain, almost enjoying it to a certain degree now. The artist set down his tools and wiped off Shimoje’s head. “Make sure you keep it clean, that will be 6gm. I wish you luck in your future.” The artist had stated.
Secret :

Later that night Shimoje encountered Sayana and had a rather interesting time. It was another interesting night, and one barely with any sleep at all.

Death and Business [2]

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Izuyanai on September 9th, 2016, 2:32 pm

Grades :

Grades

Name: Shimoje

XP:
Observation +5
Socialisation +3
Negotiation +3
Intimidation +1
Rhetoric +2
Carving +1
Gadgeteering +1
Persuasion +1
Philosophy +1

Lores:
Father’s Letter
Emotional Breakdowns
The Balance of Time
Magic: Steeped in Secrecy
Magic: Grand Oath

Additional: Make sure the monetary transaction is subtracted from the ledger.

Name: Clyde

XP:
Painting +2
Negotiation +3
Rhetoric +3
Intimidation +3
Socialisation +2
Philosophy +1

Lores:
Glyphing: Magecrafting Barriers
Animation: Inserting Souls
Shimoje: The Nosy Busybody
Shimoje: Father’s Last Letter
Shimoje: Craftsman
Negotiation: Identifying a Tactical Switch
The Imbalance of Time

Additional: Item received; Shimoje’s contraption

Notes: A not at all relaxing and very tense thread. Good job! Let me know if you think I’ve missed something.
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous