PM to join Chains and Kisses (Sayana)

Sayana and Shiress -unfortunately- meet again

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Chains and Kisses (Sayana)

Postby Shiress on November 13th, 2016, 6:40 pm

The slap shouldn't have been unexpected, but in the girl's already raddled state, it was.

Sayana's words followed in the wake of the strike, even as stars spun into Shiress' blurred vision. Another strike and Shiress grunted, darkness touching the ends of her vision, as strands of chestnut locks slapped across her face, clinging to the stripes of blood splattered across her cheeks.

"I don't know.." she began, but something curled around her neck, squeezing her words off. Shiress pulled feebly against Sayana's grip, reflexively wanting to raise her hands to her throat, but the woman's grip was true.

Tell me what you see!

Shiress' mind reeled. She didn't know what this woman wanted from her. The Eypharian was unstable, Shiress knew now, but Shiress also knew she was in danger. She pawed through her thoughts for something -anything- she could say to appease this creature. A vision? She regarded the woman from beneath the curtain of hair and found Sayana staring at her. She could make up anything that would be a...Then she saw it. It was -just- there, unwanted, unbidden.

Her lips parted slightly and a small gasp fell through. "It's beautiful" she whispered, the loose strands of hair across her mouth stirring as she spoke. "A horse. The sea!" Shiress' mind was rolling out of control, along side her mouth, no longer seeing the woman before her. She spoke with not just awe, but confusion. What did this mean? Then she remembered the times before, twice before, when she had a 'vision' or some unbidden thought.

"I saw a field." Shiress looked away, eyes growing wide and filling with tears, both at her next thought and the sight of blood leaking from Sayana's eyes as she found the woman's gaze again. "I think I saw my..brother." Shiress frowned, tilting her had to better view the Eypharian through the hair across her eyes. "What's wrong with you? Why do you cry blood? A wild expression came across the girls face and she looked away, eyes darting blindly.

"Gods...I'm going crazy"
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on November 13th, 2016, 7:41 pm

Relief washed over Sayana. She had done it. She had truly done it. There was no doubt either. No subtle tips that could have hinted at the images. Shiress had seen what Sayana had wanted the slave to see.

The cord of the whip loosened around the girl’s neck and Sayana removed it entirely. At the mention of her eyes, she made a quick gesture to wipe away the blood.

“You did it. You saw something. You just needed help unlocking it. That’s why I put you on the very brink. Only then could you have seen what you saw.” Her sentences came out in short bursts, and her chest was heaving as if fatigued.

As the Eypharian stood up, she still found herself shaky and fought to keep her composure. She was done, she could stop doing magic for the evening. Almost mechanically, she fastened a manacle to Shiress’s wrist, but only one. The other manacles she had, she used to create a make-shift rope to tie around the tree. The slave would still be chained but with a little more freedom to move rather than her arms behind her back.

As she went about this, she quietly explained, “It’s… so that you stay with me. I don’t trust you yet. But soon… hopefully soon it won’t have to be like this. We will be on the road tomorrow. I need some sleep. I’m… My eyes will be better tomorrow. I just need some sleep.”

Compared to her earlier composed and fierce self, she now seemed vulnerable and shaken. So long as the slave didn’t lash out, Sayana would kneel down next to her once more. “Thank you Shiress,” she spoke and planted a soft kiss upon her cheek.

The Eypharian would then get up and return to the make-shift camp by the fire. In her exhausted state, sleep was all that awaited her. Tonight she would be careless about her slave’s injuries, but come the following morning it would dawn on her to provide burn salve and bandages for the girl.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on November 17th, 2016, 11:47 pm

Completely and utterly perplexed was Shiress' current state. A thousand different thoughts fought for purchase of Shiress' mind, and not the least of these was how in the hells she had been captured by a crazy Eypharian with bleeding eyes.

She watched the woman through narrowed, green eyes, confused and not a little bit suspicious. She was speaking nonsense. On the brink? The brink of what? Unlocking what? Never before this night had Shiress ever had any kind of 'vision'. On the brink or not. Not even facing down a Zith -twice-, as blood thirsty as they are, had brought her to what ever brink Sayana had claimed to have brought her to.

As the woman rearranged the fetters she spoke softly. Shiress took advantage of the calm closeness to study the Eypharian's face. The woman was a beautiful creature -smooth ebony skin, long, dark hair, black eyes, and full lips- but there was something in that face ...in those eyes, that stilled the girl. And it wasn't just the blood seeping from them. Sayana was not only a beautiful woman, but a dangerous and beautiful woman.

Shiress jumped like the woman was going to rip her throat out by her teeth when she suddenly leaned in and planted a kiss on her cheek. The girl didn't think the woman even noticed her jerk. Her voice, words, and thoughts didn't seem as connected as before. Sayana seemed distant, disconnected. Shiress hiked a dubious brow, watching as the woman withdrew toward the campfire, shadows crossing across her features as she moved through the firelight.

Shiress watched Sayana as she settled down. Long chimes passed, silently, and still Shiress watched. Not until the woman stilled, eyes falling close, would Shiress let her gaze wander to her surroundings. There wasn't much to look at. The bright orange light from the fire blinded everything beyond the small campsite. The darkness beyond the camp was quiet, eerily so. Only the cracking, popping, and occasional hiss from the campfire stole the silence.

For a time, Shiress watched the flames lick and twirl against the charred wood, too exhausted to do anything, but stare dumbly at the captivating dance of the fire. Finally, blinking with a sigh, she pulled her eyes away and scanned the blanket of trees, then she studied her hands -they were trembling. It was only then she remembered her lack of restraint.

Lifting her hand, she probed her nose, gingerly, with the tips of her fingers. It wasn't broken, good, but it was swollen. As was the area just beneath her eyes. She wondered if she had given herself two black eyes. Shaking her head at her own foolishness, she attempted to run her fingers through her hair, and failed. Instead, she pushed bloody knots of hair from her face with a frown.

Lifting the collar of her tunic, she began scrubbing the blood and filth from her face, knowing she was probably making it worse. Lifting her chin, she began working down her neck...and froze. Right above her head, half a arms length away, was the hilt of a dagger protruding from the bark of the tree. She craned her neck the other way and the glint of firelight caught the metal shaft. Shiress' eyes flared wide, darting to Sayana. The woman still quiet.

Glancing back to the dagger, Shiress licked her lips, anxious for a trap or some test of trust. Giving one last glance toward the motionless woman, Shiress lifted her hand to the hilt and pulled. It stuck fast to the tree. She tried again, but the dagger didn't budge. Resituating her rear-end, she leaned opposite the dagger and pulled harder, this time twisting slightly, and the blade popped free. She very nearly panicked -now what?

She had no idea if the woman was asleep, she was very still, but there may as well been a chasm between them and Shiress couldn't move more than a couple inches, if that. She had to make the woman come to her..close to her. Slipping the dagger beneath her thigh, Shiress bit at her lip, racking her brain for a plan, battling between trying to use her newly acquired weapon, or being smart and stash it for a better time.

Shiress wasn't very smart.

She stared in the direction of the woman a tick, stilling herself, hoping to drag down Sayana's defenses with a jolt. Then --she screamed, thrashing! "Sayana! Help me!" Her chest heaved with feigned sobs, as her fingers tightened around the hidden dagger. "Sayana! I cant see! Please, Gods help me, I'm blind!!"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on November 22nd, 2016, 3:49 am

Just as Sayana was feeling settled and ready to slip off to some much needed sleep, there was a cry from her slave. The Eypharian sprang to alertness, with daggers in three of her hands. Her first thought was that some wild animal had managed to take advantage of the vulnerable human. Or even something less obvious, but just as dangerous like a venomous snake. But Shiress’s eyes…?

In the darkness Sayana could make out some sort of thrashing, but the cry for help was forced, strained. Like as if there was some wistful hope to it. Almost begging for it to be believed.

“Calm your sweet tits, Shiress! There’s nothing wrong with your eyes.” Sayana called out. “Maybe it’s some sort of after effect.”

Heaving sobs, more cries. What she would do to silence the crazed woman. Her head burned from each piercing cry and she half wanted to fling a knife into the woman’s throat. Hypnotism. She could make the human silent with hypnotism without having to even get up. She could force the silence into her mind. Yes. Serves her right for making such a racket. But… she had already been overdoing it. She needed to stop otherwise she’d see the effects of even more overgiving.

As Sayana closed her eyes feeling torn and wanting the noise to go away, a vivid image of Clyde’s face appeared in her mind. It’s only one more spell. A small one at that. Then you can sleep and recharge your magic. All you have to do is clear your mind and gather your djed…

“No! Stop it! I won’t do it!” Sayana shouted as she sat trembling with her eyes wide open. The image of Clyde was gone but she could still hear the echoes of his voice within her head. “No, it’s not you. I swear it’s not you.” She repeated in a quieter but strained voice as she rubbed at her temples and face with her high hands.

“Shiress. Go… go to sleep. I, I will see it in the morning.”

Sayana wanted to go to sleep but she was afraid of what she might see if she closed her eyes. Blinking fiercely, she tried to keep them open and instead situated herself seated in front of the dying fire. Softly she murmured to herself, “No more. I won’t do it. I’m stronger than that.” Her eyes focused on the glowing embers and repeatedly she scratched hard at her palms to keep herself from dozing off. She had to concentrate on the fire. She couldn’t be tempted. Not again, not by the voice of Clyde.

Eventually exhaustion would take her after she struggled against it for half a bell or more, but this time she would have freed herself of the sweet whispers plaguing her strained mind.

OOC NoteSince Shiress has minimal acting/persuasion skills (or related), I decided that it was fair for Sayana not to fall for the ruse.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on November 24th, 2016, 1:13 am

Well, this hadn't gone exactly as hoped.

Shiress let her sobs go on a bit longer before settling them into something more resembling hyperventilation. She was thinking fast, now, trying to save herself from her own stupidity. The last thing Shiress wanted was for Sayana to start wondering why she had tried to lure her over. That wondering may very well remind her that there used to be a dagger in that tree. Hopefully, the woman was too tired to put too much effort into curiosity. An end to this farce needed to happen quickly and if it ended right, Shiress would still be armed at its finish.

Shiress had screwed up. Royally.

"Yes..yes.." she breathed "just an after effect.." After effect? Of what? That almost squashed Shiress' game then and there, but she plunged forward, careful not to over think or over act. "I'm just dizzy, is all." This was not at all a lie, what with all the heavy breathing she was doing. She made a show of attempting to slow her breaths. "I've been hit too many times in the head" she said, rubbing her hand down her face. "That's all."

Then, her farce abruptly stopped and she froze, frowning at the woman, when she yelled out. A daunting realization settled into Shiress as she discerned that the woman was not talking to her. In fact, she didn't think that the Eypharian was fully aware of Shiress' presence.

When Sayana did acknowledge her, Shiress' expression became even more puzzled. See what in the morning? she wondered, eyes narrowing. After a tick of glaring at the muddled woman, Shiress blew out a breath, resigned. She could use some sleep, or, as much as a sitting position would allow her to get. The dagger, though, was another problem. She needed to hide it.

When she was sure the woman's attention had waivered, Shiress slid the dagger out from beneath her leg, glancing down. The blade was nearly the same size as her own. With a thought, she ran her hand along her thigh, hoping beyond hope that...Yes! The sheath was still in place, just above her knee. With a quick, furtive glance toward Sayana, she hiked up her skirt and sheathed the dagger. A perfect fit. Thank the Gods.

Resting back against the tree, she watched the fire until it was mere glowing embers, attempting to clear her thoughts enough to fall asleep.

This was all a mess. A nightmare. She closed her eyes at the threat of tears and instantly slipped into a fitful, uncomfortable sleep.

OOCUgh, sorry for the lousy post!

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on March 19th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Sayana

Skills
  • Intimidation +3
  • Tactics +2
  • Cooking +1
  • Singing +1
  • Hypnotism +4
  • Negotiation +1
  • Strategy +1
  • Planning +1
  • Tactics +1

Lores
  • Binding a slave for transport
  • Subduing a slave with violence
  • Slave breaking tactic: the carrot and the stick
  • Intimidation tactic: Anticipation
  • Shiress: a good liar
  • Shiress: first mark of Cultivation
  • Using Hypnotism to distract from pain

Awards & Retribution

Injuries
The effects of Sayana's overgiving will last several days, and include migraines and mild spontaneous bleeding from the eyes. It will also have a lasting impact on her developing psychosis.

Shiress

Skills
  • Deduction +1
  • Weapon- Dagger +1
  • Escape Artist +1
  • Observation +3
  • Seduction +1
  • Subterfuge +1
  • Strategy +2
  • Planning +1
  • Unarmed Combat +1
  • Acting +1

Lores
  • Identifying suspicious men
  • Snarling to intimidate
  • The difference between a slave and a captive
  • Resolve: never speak of your enslavement again!
  • Playing submissive to apease a captor
  • Using lies to sniff out a liar
  • Sayana: Beautiful and dangerous

Awards & Retribution

Injuries
Shiress have an assorted mess of cuts and bruises on her arms and a welt on her forehead that will heal with time. About 15 days without medicine, and about 7 days with. Over her Cultivation gnosis the knife burn will develop into a scar.

Notes

This was a great thread! These two characters are so well written and so evenly matched in their determination. I will have to dig up more of your threads to see how this relationship has progressed! :)
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous