A Thrust and A Poke/Spiky Tips (Firenze) [Fighters Pits]

Ferrin meets Firenze for the first time and a duel ensures to test each others strenghts.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 11th, 2016, 1:15 pm

Winter of 56th out of 92nd

Time grew quicker. So it seems. And time has been wasted and Ferrin, all season wanted to improve on his fighting abilities. Be it unarmed, or improve his sword. The man walked through the midst of the people throughout the streets whom had seemed to have had fortified some sort of river, that flowed both was with all different types of characters. He said his goodbyes to Jade at his apartment room in the Traveler's Row after the two settled down to have a few cups of satisfactory tea. It appeared to Ferrin that Jade was getting used to being around Ferrin for so long. The two had a few great days together while being out and about.

The days were either spent hunting and or exploring new businesses and getting other people. Lately, he met so many people these past few days, hell probably start making a list of whom he met. Alexander, a squire in training to become a Knight foundation Syliras. Archailist, another squire, who has his heart destined for becoming a Knight. That's two squires. Ferrin met Jade a while back. Jade's a Drykas. Curious she can be. But, so far she is one to be around with. Likeable, enjoyable at the same time.

Though, the Drykas asked Ferrin one day, if he'll ever return to his family in Kenash. The man's not so sure as of yet. And it probably won't be soon if he had wanted to head back to Kenash. If he ever did, he imagined that his parents would be stern with him. Though, admonished him lightly and get along with it. Ferrin, had another thought in mind. Or, would his parents be really stern, and end up disowning him? Other possibilities rattled throughout as he merely tripped over another man. He stumbled and apologized as the other man snarled and pft his way away down the opposite direction.

He took another turn. And noticed a boy screaming out loud of his tarot readings and other mind game tricks. A few other people took glances at the boy, but most were not feeling received by him. Ferrin felt slightly bad, but he hadn't wanted to acknowledge the boy the fact being he forgot his change at home, in his wardrobe. And didn't carry any spare. Also, he wouldn't need money where he was heading. The Fighters Pit. He wanted to train in his short broadsword skill. And improve to be one of the best.

The Kenashian took another turn as he neared the Pits. And was getting to a point of excitement. He was sure that today, was the day that he could possibly gain a lot of skill with his sword. And prove to his father that his time away was something of usefulness. The man gotten closer to the Pits now. And he could already hear the sounds of chattering and excitement as swords clinked and clashed against metal. And metal against metal vibrated with a soft hum sound.

The Pits, was built in an oval shape with bricks outlining the perimeter of the area. Racks upon racks of weapons and hand me down armour stood on top of them. Each were organized, but some of the armour were either rusted or molded by the snowy rains. Ferrin took a look at the small crowd that stood in a half made U shape surrounding two other Knights. Some were cheering and others were just conversing to each other with awe as Ferrin turned the corner that housed the Pits.

He was curious for sure. And the man wanted to improve his fighting. But, he didn't want to draw to much attention to himself, since he prefers to be shy most often and not wanitng conversation. Though, he wanted to become a Squire and end up being a Knight one day to fulfill his dream. Perhaps, one day he'll become one of the high ranked officers. The Kenashian stepped towards the racks that held the medium sized swords. And tested each and every one with pure inspection. Ferrin eventually found the blade that suited him. Of course, he couldn't bring his own, his was to sharp and pointy for the other Fighters.

So Ferrin had to settle on a blade that wasn't his anyhow. And he also decided to patch himself up with leather armour doing so. As the man finished patching up everything, he was in the middle of struggling to tie on the gauntlet that went around Ferrins wrist and hand. As he did so, a lady walked up to him, the looks were unfamiliar to the man, and she seemed to be in a light stage of curiosity and was slightly confused perhaps. From visual assumption.

The man looked up and could clearly see her face a few feet away. "Oh, sorry ma'am what was it that you were asking? I was er, having trouble with tying this piece of armor."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Firenze on February 22nd, 2016, 8:49 pm

The Fighter Pits had become a secondary home for the blonde woman. She’d made a promise to better prepare herself for the cruelty of the world. Some days had been more difficult than others to pry herself from the unfamiliar bed, her body bruised and sore. A burning motivation in her chest was the source in which she drew from to throw her legs over the edge of the bed and sit up. If she laid there all day then nothing would get done and she had a feeling that she might waste away.

Fire moved to the wooden door and pulled it back a little to see what the temperature might be. A slightly warm breeze caressed her cheek from around the crack. It felt as though it would be a perfect day to train.

Turning she made her way over to the trunk of things. Grabbing the pair of pants she slipped them on and tightened the belt to make sure they wouldn’t fall off. Tucking her loose shirt in she slipped boots on her feet at the same time. She tossed the heavy cloak over her arm and checked to make sure she had everything before leaving the room.

Winding down the street that was now starting to become familiar Firenze made her way toward the training area. Syna’s rays shone off the surface of the bay and reflected back at her as she watched the waves before turning into the dusty area.

There were more people than usual, more than likely due to the weather. Moving over to the weapons rack she waited as another man stood gathering items together. Dark curly hair and a tall figure was all that she could see until he turned and began fastening a piece of leather to his arm. She watched as thick fingers fumbled with the small straps, his body blocking the path to the weapons.

“Excuse me…” her eyes monitoring the progress. He didn’t move and appeared that he might not have heard her. Chewing on her lip weight was shifted from foot to foot. “Do you want some help with tying that on?” The question slipped from her lips as she pointed to the gauntlet.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 22nd, 2016, 11:29 pm

WINTER OF 56 515AV

The male looked up and his black curled hair fumbled between his face as he did so. His blue glossy eyes sharpened and he noticed that this female was none other that the man had seen before. He blushed a rosy red colour across his cheeks. Hopefully, due to the playful wind that spread across like an epidemic, but who knows. His face began to feel warm and sweaty. This woman had beauty and it struck him as curious to why one with such beauty as this, be here at The Fighter's Pit? Well, beside the fact that one needs to have the ability to learn how to fight and defend one self in case of action rouses.

He choked a little and coughed into his elbow, the one that he wasn't fumbling with the gauntlet. If he let go of the gauntlet he knew that it would fall, and he wasn't good with his opposite hand with tying these wretched strings that bound the leather piece of armor to his body. Though, protection is essential especially if he were to fight and duel. And maybe, just maybe he'll take his own money to purchase some leather armor or even metal plate armor. Just like those Squires and Knights wear.

The Kenashians' heavy wool cloak swathed behind his back, flapped like a flag throughout the wind, merely annoying the man. He wish he didn't bring it, but the cool and chill of the weather can definitely harm a beings system. And colds these days hit hard. A reason for it being, the man did not have a significant reason to of why. Though, but obvious statement, once exposed to the cold, it'll get harder to maintain a certain level of body heat. And that was why, Ferrin had decided to go out and train. He wanted to become strong enough to be able to join the Squirehood. Just like any of his family, if any had joined. He's pretty sure a few have. Though, know not which of whom.

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you. My name would be Ferrin. Ferrin Al'Mandrikan. May I ask, please what would yours be?"The hefty male asked as he noticed the nervous stance of the blonde woman. Ferrin fumbled more so with the leathery straps that would occasionally be on some time.

"Have you been here long? I haven't seen you here, unless I'm not very observant. I don't mean to be a bother or anything..."The Kenashian asked wearily. Merely though, with pride. And less scoff. But, more of a friendly approachable tone. He hope he didn't make any wrong judgement. But, it was certainly worth a spark of a conversation. And perhaps the two could converse about where they each had come from. "I haven't been here long either. And sorry, I would love the help of this ignorant gauntlet piece of armor. If you'd please. I'd say I've been here about a few seasons. I came from Kenash."The curly haired man spoke. His last words ended with, but only a hoarse whisper. Though, loud enough to hear the man speak, at least. He slowly walked towards the blonde haired woman, with elegant beauty and basically handed her his arm. He held the gauntlet for support, and used his fingers for whatever support needed.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on March 8th, 2016, 3:31 am

She noticed red flush over his cheeks as he looked to her. Perhaps he was embarrassed that she had offered to fix his gauntlet for him. She watched as he coughed into his arm and then hold out the arm he was trying to fix the leather to. Taking it with her fingers and holding it so that his other arm was free she began to tie the laces, holding his arm from the bottom, the leather pressed against it.

“My names Firenze, but most people call me Fire,” her eyes were trained down as she worked on her task. His question and words came across like he was nervous but she couldn’t quite tell. “I’ve only been here for a little while, in the city. I came from Zeltiva,” It appeared as though he was wanting to make small talk. She was okay with that, if it helped him to keep from moving so it could make her task easier.

His reply came from the city in which he hailed. “Kenash? I’ve never heard of it. Where is that?” Pulling on the leather straps and tightening down her work she looped them together. Stepping back she eyed her handy work. It was knotted together because she hadn’t quite gotten down a bow yet and wondered if he would be able to undo it when he was done training.

Shifting she moved to his side while he spoke, grabbing her own gear to don. It was all mismatched and worn, several dented and appeared as though it might be uncomfortable to wear. The gear was long enough for her body but the size was much larger than she needed. Her weight had been fluctuating lately. The first day she’d arrived to train she could hardly keep the gear on. Now that she’d filled out a little more and started putting meat on her bones it was easier to keep it from sliding around and causing rash and burns on her skin.

Stepping back she moved out of the way so others could get to the gear and decided it might be best to stretch out first, lest she pull something. Looking over to Ferrin she wondered for a moment if he might be interested in training with her. She found it was beneficial to train with someone else just as much as it was on your own.

Shrugging she decided it never hurt to ask. “Hey,” she called out to him,”Ferrin, do you want to train with me? I wouldn’t mind a partner if you’re interested. Perhaps you could teach me a trick or two I haven’t learned yet.” She smiled to him, teeth flashing, wondering if he would take her up on the offer.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 8th, 2016, 1:55 pm

Timestamp

Fire was the blondes' name. It was interesting. A lot of very interesting names. "Pleasure to meet you fire. Er ah thanks for the help. With the gauntlet."Ferrin replied gingerly as he adjusted the gauntlet to feel a sensible straightness. A weird habit of his, but it's what made it comfortable."Oh you haven't? Kenash is one of the cities within the Cyphrus region. West of which though."Ferrin said with a smile while Fire was getting her gear on.

Firenze had pointed out that she came from Zeltiva.
"Oh interesting. Where is Zeltiva. And what's it like? Probably a lot less peculiar than an agricultural city."Ferrin replied soothingly.and smiled. "Oh, certainly. I can always give you a few tips and the like. Though, I'm slightly proffiecent a bit with this sword. The short broadsword, but it won't hurt to introduce some tips."Replied Ferrin with a blushing smile. He waited for Fire to get ready and then he would head towards to one of the rings.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on April 4th, 2016, 1:58 am

He’d made mention of Kenash, a city that she was unfamiliar with and the asked of Zeltiva. That was something that she knew of. It was a city that was close to her heart. It was one of the few places that ever made sense to her and she’d felt comfortable in. Less restricting like that of the current city, more secure than that of Sunberth. “It’s beautiful, the scent off the water is so refreshing… it’s hard to put into words.” Her eyes became distant for a moment as she reminisced of the city by the water. Shaking her head, “I would suggest visiting if you ever head that way. You may like it.”

It seemed as though he were going to take her up on training her. With that she began to move toward and open area that they could both move comfortably. “I only know a few basics. I don’t know if you know him or not but Alex showed me the starting position, so perhaps we could start there?” Stretching out her arms, she pulled one across her body and used the other hand to pull. After switching sides and preparing the other arm and shoulder she moved to stretch out her lower half. Spreading her legs she reached down trying to touch her toes. Her legs were so long that the tips of her fingers couldn’t reach but she could feel the pull in the back of her legs none the less.

Standing upright again she wrapped an arm behind her head, the other hand grabbing the elbow to stretch it from a different angle. “Do you have any ideas what we could work on? I’m not very familiar with most techniques with this sort of thing.” Picking up the sword she’d lain next to her feet on the ground she slide her feet into position. The beginning pose had begun to become a familiar one, the stretch of her legs now comfortable as she held the stance. Glancing over she waited for Ferrin to choose on what he would like to do.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 11th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Fire had described of Zeltiva as a beautiful city and suggested a visitation there if he ever visited. "Yeah, I'll probably take a visit there. For sure. Any places there that sparks your interests to go and see?" Asked Ferrin trying to sprout up a conversation.

With a low sigh Ferrin let out a breather and engulfed a small space of air around him. Surely, training could go well today. He hadn't really faced against any female opponents lately, but wondered how well Firenze would be with her weapon if choice. A simple sword. Not sure which type though. And Fire had asked Ferrin to assist him on helping her learn the basics of the weapon. She had explained that Alex had showed Fire some techniques. So that had gotten Ferrin to think.

"Alex, yeah we meet at the Rearing Stallion. One night. Could I see? What he had showed you so far lately, I'm pretty good with my blade here, but it probably won't be too much of a difference. I hope." Said Ferrin. The end was mainly half to himself and half to Fire of the sword training. Ferrin had looked at the position that Fire had presented him. Usually, most people, if they were right handed would have a common tendency to place their right foot in front of them and held their sword out in their right hand. And opposite for the left handed people. Ferrin nodded in approval. "Not bad." Said the Kenashian.

"You look a bit tensed though, try to loosen up the legs a bit. You'd want most of your grip on the handle and not the ground otherwise you might trip over your own feet." Said Ferrin in a soft voice but had it carry through the wind to reach Fire. "Like this." Ferrin presented his form as he withdrew his blade. The short broadsword gripped with his right hand and leaned forward with his right foot only pushing a light amount of pressure over the ground.

"After you relxe the muscles. How about you show me those few techniques that you have learned and I could possibly show you some more." Said Ferrin.

OOCSorry about the wait.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Firenze on May 4th, 2016, 2:12 am

“I’ve only been to Zeltiva and Sunberth. I wouldn’t recommended Sunberth so much… the people aren’t too,” she paused for a moment trying to find the right word, “friendly.” She cleared her throat and tried to push past the subject, not wanting to discuss the city in which she’d grown up in and previously lived. A city that she’d left behind and was not wanting to remember.

After she’d taken her starting position and Ferrin made mention of showing her what Alex had taught her she looked to him, her eyes locked on his as she gave him a small smile. Holding the facial expression, she brought the short sword up and swung it around to get a feel for the borrowed weapon. It was still heavy in her hands and something that she needed practice with to get comfortable.

Having decided to forgo gloves the leather wrapped around the hilt bit into her hands a little. They’d not grown calluses, and she knew that they’d be hurting as usual by the end of the day. She followed the advice and rolled her neck, trying to loosen up her body and relax the tight grip that she held.

Shaking out her legs she took her stance again and prepared himself, watching as Ferrin did the same. Eyes locked on his as she swung the sword high waiting for the familiar clang of the swords kissing together that she’d worked on previously. She hoped that the technique that Alex had taught her may have caught him off guard but was unsure because she’d not had much time to practice.

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Samuel Longwell on February 8th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Grading Complete

Please edit your grade request thread so that it's obvious that it's been graded. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/problems with your grade.

Name: Ferrin

XP Award:
  • Planning 1
  • Socialisation 2
  • Teaching 2
Lore:
  • Fighting Pits: Blunt weapons
  • Firenze: Beautiful woman from Zeltiva
  • Zeltiva: Refreshing sea air

Name: Firenze

XP Award:
  • Socialisation 2
  • Teaching 1
  • Short-sword 1
  • Endurance 1
Lore:
  • Ferrin: Man from Kenash
  • Kenash: City in Cyphrus
  • Keeping your body loose in combat

Notes: It wasn't obvious which type of sword you were using Fire, but as you described it as short at one point that's what I went for. I hope you enjoy your grades.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)