Why Do You Miz?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Why Do You Miz?

Postby Prophet on March 11th, 2017, 8:11 pm

People of Mizahar, Unite!

We are all Mizaharians, it's true. In some way shape or form, every writer who puts down words in this forum becomes a part of something bigger.

Mizahar.

It's an original world built around several key ideas and events that hosts every kind of personality and imagination. It's unique in many ways but there are other places to roleplay; others forums where players could find an outlet. So why Miz?

Why do I Miz?
    I've been writing in the form of online roleplay for twenty years in some fashion or another. I started in chat rooms when I was in middle school. My imagination has always gotten me into trouble because it never stops. I'd stay up until three or four in the morning on a computer that I spent all summer sweating my face off to buy. I recently had a resurgence of the writing bug and went searching for a site that was full of fantastic writers, had an original story and would allow me a chance to unfold my thoughts. Mizahar has all of that and more...

I never expected to find a well-run online game that was willing to let the players add features and detail to the world. The stories are some of the best I've ever read and I've become a better writer since I signed up.

Now you have some insight into why I write on Miz. Some of your fellow writers have shared with me why they write here on Miz.

I used to write on Miz because I loved characters. I loved the interaction. I loved the ups and downs.

I write on miz because I crave a great story.

I write on Miz because Rhysol made me do it.

Miz is original fantasy, not a pop culture canon setting, with actual depth in its worldbuilding. That's the kind of book I like to read and the kind of setting I like to play in but very very rarely find.

So the question remains...
why do you Miz?
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Why Do You Miz?

Postby Karin on March 12th, 2017, 2:02 am

Why Do You Miz?

There is one simple statement that underpins every reason I write on Mizahar, and that is this: I am a writer.

Time to start a long-winded explanation. ;) For the last three years I have been studying music at university. That story is a different matter, but during that time, I never felt comfortable calling myself a musician. The term never sat right with me, whether that was because I felt inadequate, or for some other reason, I'm not sure. But whenever anyone asked me what I did, I said I studied music, to avoid calling myself something I didn't think I was. Then, through a series of decisions I don't remember, I found myself signing up to Mizahar, on this very account. I did what a lot of people do- dive in excitedly, write what I now consider tripe, and generally have fun. I made PC connections, wrote, developed, made plots, scrapped plots, made plots again... you get my drift. As time went by, I got more and more comfortable here, more so than any other community I've tried to be a part of on the internet. I became a grader, then staff, and still I hadn't left. I've never stuck somewhere consistently like I have here, and that's because of one simple revelation I have discovered through writing here.

Mizahar is where I discovered I am a writer. Mizahar is where I discovered I love writing, that I can write and make stories, and do crazy things with crazy people and have something that makes you cry or smile or laugh like a buffoon come out of it. 'I do Miz' because yes, the interactions, yes the original world, full of curious, complex gods and a balanced, satisfying skill progression. Yes, the thrill of seeing a reply from a thread partner, and the happiness to see someone reaching out to you through PM. Yes the utter joy I feel to write something I'm proud of, to feel those stories intertwining with the stories around me and making a world called Mizahar that has history, passion, and always an intriguing future.

I write because I find happiness in it. I write on Miz because this world is one that constantly surprises me, whether that's fellow rpers whose stories take a turn, or a branch of the lore I never knew existed turns up. I write on Miz because I can share the happiness for a simple story with others, and influence this world as a result.

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Why Do You Miz?

Postby Ball on March 13th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Why I Miz (and not just write on Miz)

To do this I really need to step back to six years ago and what was going on at the time. I was between my degrees, working part time at a crappy job, no child (yet!) and needing something to do with my spare time. I had been in dire wants at the time to fuel my RPG desires and thus I went on the search. I use to do Yahoo! Chat room free based RPG which was fun as hell, and I wanted that same kind of feel, yet due to my time constraints: Work, life, etc I wanted something that gave that same feel but with a more flexible post capabilities – thus forum RPG was my outlet of choice. Now I been doing forum RPG playing for seven years before I found Mizahar.

When I joined I went through a number of ideas and characters, and I mean SEVERAL. It was crazy really. I finally found a race I loved (Pycons) and a concept I enjoyed in my Tabletop and Chat RPG formats: Warrior based. So I went with the best concept I could work with in the overall world of Mizahar. I really could have been ANY race and concept, but I liked the structure of Syliras and the Order. It spoke to me (still does).

Mizahar went from being an RPG outlet to a place I would feel naked and full of sorrow without it. For the past half a dozen years I been floating around this site and it has been always amazing and fun. It has becoming a part of me. Apart of my time blocking in my schedule.

As a player I get the desire to fuel my want to RPG and my desire to write. As an ST I get to fuel the DM desire from the DnD days.

I do not just write on Mizahar... I MIZ on Mizahar.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Why Do You Miz?

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on March 16th, 2017, 11:40 pm

Because I can't wait to see what happens next!!!
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Why Do You Miz?

Postby Konrad Venger on March 17th, 2017, 3:32 pm

An unholy combination of fascination, boredom, awe, inspiration, stubbornness, and spite. And yet I wouldn't wanna roleplay anywhere else!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Million Words! (1)

Why Do You Miz?

Postby Hurik on April 11th, 2017, 1:24 am

I miz because stories are my lifeblood, and the constant that lies beyond all other things in my life. When I feel immense discord, I listen to stories. When I feel elated fulfillment, I tell stories. When I am in a maelstrom of chaos, I write.

The thing that keeps me up at night, my ever-shifting stream of thoughts, is part of what Mizahar is to me. It's a living thing, an entity in which the primal flesh and sinew of prose grows stronger. I write with abandon, and I write with care. So much of my writing practice, and daily quota of "Getting down to business" is Mizahar.

The exposure to other writers too, and their thoughts, dreams, and experiences, is powerful. Hard to describe, but deeply affecting. It's a close community of islands, with bridges being built every day.

I miz for me mostly, because it's fun, because it helps me to grow, and because if I don't have an outlet for my ceaseless dramatic soliloquys, I'd tear in twain. :D

Here's to Miz!

All credit goes to the amazing Arisia!
Hurik
Shade of a Silver-Tongued Bastard

Words: 59376
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2017, 8:47 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Why Do You Miz?

Postby Yisanareysin on April 12th, 2017, 6:17 pm

I don't know why I Miz. I know why I write, of course. I can't stop. But why Miz in particular?

It's odd, really. I joined this site right after it first started, towards the end of 2009, which put me at the tender age of 13, technically a teenager. You usually grow out of things you get into as a kid. God knows I've grown out of almost everything else I was super into as a 13 year old. If it were nostalgia, I'd still be on neopets. If it were just about writing, there are a dozen other websites I can think of off the top of my head. But I keep coming back to Miz, whatever problems I end up running into in my real life.

In a matter of weeks, I'll be 21, technically an adult. It's weird to think that I'll still be on the site that saw me through all of my teenage years, but here we are. I'll probably be on this site until it shuts down, honestly. Mizahar is just that compelling, I guess.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)