OOC Info Character Registry: Spring 517

All PCs must report here before posting IC.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Character Registry: Spring 517

Postby Prophet on February 22nd, 2017, 1:18 am

Registry-Spring 517

Character Name:
CS:
Purpose of Residence:
Duration of Stay:
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? Yes or No
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.
Character Goals:

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: Something about the city, the lore or the forum that could use improving.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: Something you'd like to see more of or would like to see featured.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? Please try to think of something other than "Finish my threads.." ;)

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? This would be in addition to your job threads and won't be a quest. It might be actually helping to clear rubble or build something or it might be selling some old wares to raise money for the effort. My thinking is that the players have more of an impact on what happens in the city. If you have additional thoughts, please share them.

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. Take a few sentences to explain the city to me as if I had never heard of it.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? If you like social threads then say so.

What types of plots interest you the most?

What types of plots fit your character the best?

You may ask one question of your ST. You may NOT ask for plot or development spoilers.

Code: Select all
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]CS:[/u]
[u]Purpose of Residence:[/u]
[u]Duration of Stay:[/u]
[u]Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake?[/u] Yes or No
[u]Need Moderator’s Assistance:[/u] Yes or No.  If yes, please explain.
[u]Character Goals:[/u][list][*]
[*] [/list]   

[u]Weakest Aspect of Ravok:[/u] Something about the city, the lore or the forum that could use improving.
[u]Greatest Aspect of Ravok:[/u] Something you'd like to see more of or would like to see featured.

[u]What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season?[/u] Please try to think of something other than "Finish my threads.." ;)

[u]Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed?[/u] This would be in addition to your job threads and won't be a quest.  It might be actually helping to clear rubble or build something or it might be selling some old wares to raise money for the effort.  My thinking is that the players have more of an impact on what happens in the city.  If you have additional thoughts, please share them.

[u]Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok.[/u] Take a few sentences to explain the city to me as if I had never heard of it.

[u]Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons.  What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma?[/u] If you like social threads then say so.

[u]What types of plots interest you the most?[/u]

[u]What types of plots fit your character the best?[/u]

[u]You may ask one question of your ST.[/u] You may [b]not[/b] ask for plot or development spoilers.

Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hwyn on March 1st, 2017, 4:15 am

Title and Date

Character Name:Hwyn
CS:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic62434.html
Purpose of Residence: Slave to the Nitozean Family
Duration of Stay: Indeffinite
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No
Character Goals:
  • Gain some new skills
  • Increase exp with pathfinding
  • win a fight or steal something

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: Something about the city, the lore or the forum that could use improving.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: Something you'd like to see more of or would like to see featured.
I'd love to see some more of Ravok's culture be developed. I feel like Ravok has a very distinct lack of pleasure/hobby oriented locations, though perhaps that's just due to the inconvenience of a floating city.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? Please try to think of something other than "Finish my threads.." ;)
I think that thread length is an issue for me, I generally try to write 500 word minimum posts but I think I can do better, I'm surrounded be great writers so matching them feels like something I wanna strive to do.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? This would be in addition to your job threads and won't be a quest. It might be actually helping to clear rubble or build something or it might be selling some old wares to raise money for the effort. My thinking is that the players have more of an impact on what happens in the city. If you have additional thoughts, please share them. I'd be willing to help work on this though it'd probably be a nitrozean business

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. Take a few sentences to explain the city to me as if I had never heard of it. Ravok for me is really interesting, on the surface it's a big city of evil but there are all sorts of unique things going on beneath the surface, even within the Nitrozean family you have Scions all pulling in different directions vying for power and such. Ravok is just a big bomb ticking down and being a part of it is very interesting.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? If you like social threads then say so.
I personally enjoy quaint social threads with that said I think that it's a matter of always having some sort of goal or skill within said threads that can be work towards, be it increasing someone's opinion of you. getting information on something to hell even buying things, be social for being social's sake doesn't sound fun at all.

What types of plots interest you the most? I'm not too picky. I think big plots are fun but I hate orchestrating them but really any plots that affect the world, around me in Miz are neat.

What types of plots fit your character the best? Hwyn's a recovering street rat and troublemaker but he's also decidedly loyal to his master and his morals. So anything that affects these things or better yet makes them clash make for interesting points.

You may ask one question of your ST. You may not ask for plot or development spoilers. what's your favorite thing about Raovok proph?
Last edited by Hwyn on March 9th, 2017, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Evarista on March 1st, 2017, 7:21 am

Character Name: Evarista Nitrozian.
CS: Link.
Purpose of Residence: Home.
Duration of Stay: Indefinite.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Maybe. Application pending.
Character Goals:
  • Get more involved in spycraft.
  • Learn new morphing models.
  • Realize Hwyn's potential as an objet d'art.

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: Relations and the intrigue between the major families need to be fleshed out.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: The Black Sun meddles and needs to meddle even more.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? I need to learn how to write faster. I seldom manage to write a full post without having to rush due to time constraints.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? The writer is willing, but the character is not. Raising funds and hauling bricks are both things she will never be good at. I'll need an alternative role if this extra thread is to happen.

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. There are many sweet fruits with a hard core, but the Ravok experience is to always bite all the way down to the hard part and break your teeth against it.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I find social threads boring because there's an action element missing. Holidays and festivals should not just mean that there are a lot of people who are standing around and talking. Maybe someone's planned a high-profile heist or an assassination. Maybe someone decided to pull a big prank and snuck some sort of drug into the wine kegs. Maybe both at once. The key to making a social event fun is to make sure that it doesn't go as planned, or at least introduce some physical activity against the social backdrop.

What types of plots interest you the most? Being in the wrong place at the right time.

What types of plots fit your character the best? Any plot where she's an unwilling participant, which means almost everything.

You may ask one question of your ST. No questions.
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?

Words: 372744
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Sevris on March 1st, 2017, 11:44 pm

Character Name: Sevris Lazarin
CS: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic24025.html
Purpose of Residence: A resident
Duration of Stay: Till needed elsewhere
Need Moderator’s Assistance: I probably will.
Character Goals:
  • To get status back within the Ebonstryfe.
  • Learn magic.

Weakest Aspect of Ravok:That other Gods cannot hear your prayers. Would like to tangle with more Gods and their followers.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: The concept of a city under the rule of an Evil God but the city is always happy and in great shape.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season?Putting relevant details, making my posts a little bit more higher end.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? I would like to help if it is possible.

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. Ravok sounds like a city on the water more like a island what comes to mind. The people are more in love with the city and its God then the rest of the world.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I guess have more player interaction with a small prize? An incentive.

What types of plots interest you the most? Revolving the gods and Ebonstryfe

What types of plots fit your character the best? Combat missions are best.

You may ask one question of your ST. When will we go to war with Syliras?
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Lo'campo on March 2nd, 2017, 1:54 am

Character Name: Lo'campo
CS: Lo'campo's CS
Purpose of Residence: As resident
Duration of Stay: Until further notice
Character Goals:
  • To get in touch with his emotional side and paternal nature.

Weakest Aspect of Ravok:N/A
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: N/A

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? Flexibility of character

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? Yes
Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. In all honesty, I have no knowledge of Ravok myself. I hope to start fresh in this city with my character to have a better understanding of it and it's actual culture, but also have a better understanding of my character and npc's as well. To take them from an environment that they are accustomed to and pacing them in an entirely new environment opens doors for major development that I look forward to.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I feel that anything could be done to celebrate a holiday. Instead of actually partying and socializing, said holiday could be celebrated with a hunting party, or doing a task in the name of said holiday.

What types of plots interest you the most? I like any plots that have a good story and room for character development in it.

What types of plots fit your character the best? Plots that best fit my character for the moment are violent plots that include combat, murder, or hunting down others.

You may ask one question of your ST. N/A

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Minnim on March 10th, 2017, 3:36 am

Character Name: Minnim
CS:
Purpose of Residence: Home
Duration of Stay: Indefinite
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? Yes!
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.
Character Goals:
  • Expand knowledge of magic (especially Hypnotism) + learn another personal magic discipline
  • Develop connections with the city's higher-ups, or at least the main families

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: The environment. I don't think I know of any entorelt original flora and fauna, or have any idea what kind of crops Ravok grows. Does it export any foods of those flora and fauna, or are the exports simply the traditional fruits and veggies?

Greatest Aspect of Ravok: Locations, locations, locations! There are so many great business ideas here, and they all have their own attractions. Although a few are not truly links in the linkmap, and a few are sadly neglected (The Spot :( ).

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? Precise language has always been an issue. I tend to ramble, and it wears me out as a writer. If I could use exact language, then I think I could cover more ground, topic-wise.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? Sounds fun to me. Although Minnim isn't built for physical labor, he would love to solicit money or help plan things out. If he could look at old blueprints of the buildings, or take rubble to examine from the site, he'd probably drool.

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. The city to me feels isolated in the most interesting way. It is like the cults you might see on movies, where everyone loves to be there, but no one knows exactly why. Everything is just the slightest bit off; enoughh is wrong to be unsettling but not enough to be identifiable.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I do like social threads in general. I think most people don't because they don't have a point. I think people need to go in with a goal, like a competition, an exchange of specific information, or specific event to interact with.

Arcane, the fine arts, mystery, social conflict, and politics.

The above, honestly. I created this character entirely within my comfort zone. :P

You may ask one question of your ST. If you could spawn more PC's of one race in Ravok, which race would you choose?
Minnim
Old Soul

Words: 42496
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 3:27 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Luna Nox on March 20th, 2017, 12:32 pm

u]Character Name:[/u] Luna Nox
CS:
Purpose of Residence: Native
Duration of Stay: Resident
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? Yes
Character Goals:
  • Make a living

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: Will add this upon more experience in the city
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: Will add this upon more experience in the city

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? Work on the best way to describe posts rather than focusing on dialog as much.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? Yes

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. It seems like it has potential.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I like them.

What types of plots interest you the most? I'm open to anything

What types of plots fit your character the best? Any

You may ask one question of your ST.
Luna Nox
Player

Words: 2592
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2017, 3:24 am
Race: Mixed blood

Postby Baran on March 24th, 2017, 9:34 pm

Character Registry

Character Name: Baran
CS: Here
Purpose of Residence: IC: Intrigued by a friend's stories, decided to try again in Ravok. OOC: Migration from Sunberth.
Duration of Stay: Hopefully a good long while.
Do you want to participate in the Buzz on the Lake? Yes, please!
Need Moderator’s Assistance: I don't believe there is anything I haven't already discussed. :)
Character Goals:
IC
  • Baran wishes to make connections in the city,
  • and learn more about what makes Ravok tick.

OOC
  • Make some long-lasting connections with other PCs,
  • Get 'involved' somehow in the darker aspects of Ravok, whether that be playing his gamba at some big social event and being witness to something, or some other thang. :P

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: Hmm. So far, I don't feel I've read enough or played enough here to talk about this. Currently all I can think of is that it's had a bit of an unsteady past recently, but I know STs are working hard behind the scenes to bring Ravok to (even greater) greatness.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: I love the dark Venice feel to the place, and the waterways are amazing. I would love to see more of the Ravosalamen. There are many other aspects of Ravok that make the city an intriguing place, but that's the one that came to the top of my head first.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season?
I wish to improve job thread writing. If there's one thing on Miz that I dread, it's doing those, and for no good reason! So I will be attempting to make interesting job thread plots this Spring.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed?
As Baran is a newcomer, he would actually be willing to do this IC, to portray himself well to the people. OOC, I think it's a wonderful idea. I'm actually unsure why buildings are destroyed to begin with though, but perhaps that will be revealed through further reading on my part, haha!

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok.
A city of elegance, beauty, and fierce devotion. A city that everyone is proud of. A city that virtually glistens with a slick membrane of evil- yet to those that live here that membrane is what keeps the city ticking.
(Or something)

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma?
I love social threads, but a lot of people like angst and drama. Festivals and holidays are traditionally happy occasions, so perhaps one where something goes drastically wrong would be fun. Or one where the PC is involved to further their influence in a particular faction, if that's your thing.

Spontaneous ones! I love having a general plot idea, but letting the story happen however it happens.

Baran was designed to eventually explore darker themes, and he's supposed to be quite an arrogant backstard. So, plots that allow this to occur.

You may ask one question of your ST.
U w0t, m8?
Baran
"If you steal my gamba, I will gut you."

Words: 64397
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Lilith Krauss on March 26th, 2017, 5:52 pm

Character Name: Lilith Krauss
CS:
Purpose of Residence: Left Zeltiva based upon the wonderful stories travelers had spoken.
Duration of Stay: Hopefully a long time, definelty the nearest 2 seasons.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No, everything seems pretty clear at the moment.
Character Goals:
  • Gain knowledge of The Black Sun
  • Interact with some interesting characters through her occupation [masseuse]
  • Learn about the Families

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: I am fresh to Mizahar as a whole, so I don't feel like I can really say much. However, I feel like a single-combined link-map that would serve only as a link-map would be pretty great to keep the locations organized.
Greatest Aspect of Ravok: The feel of it, it has this dark vibe that is reinforced by the intriguing political and social plays in the city.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? I grammar a thing? I'm not a native english speaker so I feel slightly intimidated to write here with people. Other than that, being descriptive sounds like something I could work upon.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? Yes!

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. Like a woman hiding under a veil, nobody from the outside knows anything about her, but the ones that get close enough are well aware that she is as likely to kiss you as she is to kill you.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? I like social threads. I do, however, believe that the reason people would shy away from them is that a character can get lost in all of the action.

What types of plots interest you the most? I do prefer spontaneous plots over the 'really super fine detail planned' ones.

What types of plots fit your character the best? Social plots with lies, seduction, possibly stealing and such. She isn't good at it, but at the given state I can see her in those rather than high action filled ones.

You may ask one question of your ST. no question.
Lilith Krauss
I might be a damsel, but I'm not in distress

Words: 25658
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2017, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nomi on April 9th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Nomi

Character Name: Nomi
CS: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic69326.html
Purpose of Residence: Her father was a citizen of Ravok, and she wishes to see the city of his birth.
Duration of Stay: Indefinite, but long
Need Moderator’s Assistance: I've posted/am posting in the requisite threads.
Character Goals:
  • Gather information about the city and its citizens
  • Find a position doing detective work, whether it's officially with the City Guard, or as a private investigator for the great families.
  • Acquire information on Louise Durand, her aunt.

Weakest Aspect of Ravok: I'd love to see the holidays developed more. So far, there's only the one, but Ravok has a lot of potential! Ravok is kind of Venice-esque... Why not something that involves Venetian masks in some capacity?

Greatest Aspect of Ravok: I think the Black Sun and the Ebonstryfe are super neat, along with the general premise of Ravok basically being a giant PR campaign for Rhysol. The political circumstances are pretty cool, so maybe some political intrigue? I'm not biased or anything, noooo.

What's one thing you want to improve upon as a writer this season? I normally play characters who are dealing with moderate-to-severe social anxiety on a routine basis, so Nomi's a bit of a departure from the trend (having no qualms with talking to people if it gets her what she wants). I also want to successfully balance her mercenary outlook on social interaction with her hidden 'soft side'.

Would you consider writing a short thread (1500-2000 words) in an effort to rebuild one of the buildings that have been destroyed? I'd love to do that! Nomi would see it as a way to acquire more information and meet more people, even though the idea of her doing actual labor is ludicrous. I could also see her doing special fortune telling with a 'money for the effort' charity angle.

Briefly explain your basic perception of Ravok. Take a city. Put it in the middle of an enormous lake. Make sure the person designing the city is doing every drug imaginable and allow him to construct a civilization where you can't walk from point a to point b in a logical manner. (Clearly, you're receiving financial payouts from the Ravosalamen.) Make that city super, incredibly nice, with pleasant weather, no petty crime, and self-sustaining, all because the God of Evil wants you to think he is not actually the God of Evil that brought about the apocalypse. Everyone wholeheartedly believes this, and why wouldn't they? Things are genuinely awesome for them in Ravok. Pleasant weather, little crime, protection from the outside world... and it's not like anyone knows what Rhysol did, anyway.

Most people dislike social/party threads for various reasons. What is one way you think a festival or holiday could be celebrated that would get around this stigma? Oh, I've actually seen social/party/festival threads done really well! I think goals and very specific things to do really helps, along with having some sort of random element. Like if you have a carnival, write out what game booths are there, and when people visit them, PM them their results and if/what they win. Make it feel active and interactive. With a festival, you probably want to encourage shorter posts than longer posts, since... there are so many people participating, and it's more exciting if the pace is quick.

What types of plots interest you the most? Anything spooky. I'm a big horror fiend. I also like Nerds Being Nerds, so if your character is also a Nerd, hit me up.

What types of plots fit your character the best? Mysteries and political intrigue.

You may ask one question of your ST. With the number of questions I've asked, I think I've far exceeded this limit. Whoops.
Nomi
Player

Words: 24212
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2017, 10:17 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next