Open A New Chapter

16th of Winter -- Job Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A New Chapter

Postby Ball on February 1st, 2017, 10:34 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

The fox terrier he was granted during his ceremony was saddled and beneath his mass. It was not the same though, something was quite uncomfortable to the clay knight. The dog was constantly fidgeting and Ball was not quite comfortable on the leather, the two looked like a bit of an odd couple. It was certainly not the same as Imass, his furry companion was been... Regulated to his off time, a faithful companion that was far shorter and barrel chested than the terrier he sat upon currently. Hung in the saddle's mount was his new Py-pole, the foot long resin shaft was pointed at the upper end and provided Ball with a chance to be used effectively in two ways. Right now though it stood in the bracket, unadorned and menacing. With each shift in the saddle the dog groaned in the shift of weight as the pair tried to work together to move forward.

Pinned on the opposite side from the Py-Pole, the Pycon's rank pin gleamed, clearly shining from a bit of polishing with his dorm's sheet – Yes he still lived within the dorms as he has not yet found a room he liked, it was something he needed to look into though. That was low on his list of priorities though... At least currently.

If only you were my Imass. Imass was there from the start and now... He is just a civilian's mount for me. A battle hardened companion that I may have to put to the farms. He might make a good family a nice pet. A good guardian for their home. Ball sighed, the idea of turning his companion over to another family was not something he relished, but the Pycon knew that after nearly five years the furry mount would probably appreciate the change of pace and responsibility. It was with a shake of his head though that Ball brought his attention from his thoughts to the task at hand. This was a patrol of one of the districts of the castle. It was his sworn duty to keep the people within these walls safe from dangers – from outside and within. Granted this was no different than being a squire in the patrolling aspect. Sure the task was the same: walk his designated district and keep the peace... But there was a big difference, he was the one to put the troublemakers in their... places. Or to well, keep the peace and not just call the peacekeepers. Ball was one of those to be called upon.

Ball was no good at remembering the names of the districts, but this one he knew of the places, albeit loosely, this one held Traveler's Row. It was an inn that housed several kinds of people, mostly travelers hence the name. Yet it also held a few other kinds of people: the variety of locally employed, Ball had even heard of a few squires that lived with those walls. As far as the Pycon Knight knew that, that could very well be rumors and lies.

Once more the Pycon had to force his attention back to his task on hand, thoughts and feelings were taking over his thoughts. Running a hand over his face the Pycon exhaled sharply as his dog tensed, something that Ball noticed at once, this dog seemed far more alert to the further away noises that Imass would normally have ignored. Ball nudged the dog, trying to get him to move in the direction of concern, yet the dog did not budge. Another difference, Imass would've went on that command. Ball frowned, he nudged the dog harder and pointed as best as he could to show the dog the direction, “That way.”

The dog seemed to huff in annoyance and started in that direction. A bit more bounce and energy in this mount though, Ball had to hold onto his saddle a tightly else be tossed from it.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A New Chapter

Postby Jade Laken on February 18th, 2017, 6:25 am

Jade walked down the street the heels of her boots clicking. She still had not told Ferrin about wanting to join the Knights. The woman was unsure how her boyfriend would respond to the idea. A strange noise caught her attention as she passed by an alley. Grunts and yelps as if an animal or a very weak person was being hit. Slowly and as quietly as possible, the blonde slipped down the gap between the buildings. Half watching her step and half watching for the noise, the hair on her neck slowly started to stand up. Something was not right the closer she got to the commotion. The woman was not one to always go towards strange noises, but there was no way she could turn back this close.

A loud slap sounded sending a shiver down her spine. With a growl the blonde spotted the source of the sound. The fat man, if one could call an abuser a man that is, had struck down a young woman that wore a tight dress. Before the blond could stop herself; she had already started moving towards the pair.

“Is there a problem here?” Jade asked not backing down.

“Not unless you want to be beaten next!” The drunk growled looking up at her.

Jade growled as her eyes narrowed at him. Walking forward, she ignored him all together and reached down to help the young woman up. A gasp escaped when he grabbed her shirt and threw her backwards. Landing with a loud grunt, the girl shook her head before getting back to her feet. The other young dark haired woman tried to motion for the blonde to leave, but that was not how her father had raised her. No matter what he was like just before she left; he had always made sure that she had the correct moral values. Waiting till the man had turned, Jade ran up and tackled him to the ground with a growl. The pair ended up in a tangled mess of bodies on the ground as he tried to knock the Drykas off his back. The blonde fought to keep her grip tight.

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A New Chapter

Postby Ball on March 19th, 2017, 12:25 pm

“Petching hai slow down. Stop being so jumpy!” Ball did his best to control the fox terrier's energetic bouncy running, but it was to no avail. It was just as the blonde grappled with the man in the alley did Ball's mount finally come to a sliding halt. Ball panting heavily before regaining composure and looking towards the commotion. This was it! This was his duty calling. Slapping him right in the nexus...

… And it was ­intimidating. Ball swallowed that initial bit of fear, he was not one to be scared of something – least of all a fight! Yet the fear rested in the fact that Ball actually had to attempt to calmly stop the brawl and that was scary. Ball never did anything calmly and rationally. Ever. He cleared his throat and tried to speak, at first the words did not come out – choking on making a mistake. You condemned unborn bird-monsters to death under the name of your deity and your right as a member of the Order on a quest. You disposed of a vile beast underneath the tree. You got drunk men to defend their homes. Damn it Ball, you can do this. Quit thinking and do it. Ball snapped out of his thoughts and growled. It took a quick look over of the situation before him to get an understanding of it pretty easily. One girl assaulted by the man. Blonde he is playing fisticuffs with is the... Savior? Close enough.

“Stop in the name of the Order of Syliras I command you all.” the words felt hollow to the knight. Stop in the name of the Order... I command you all? Seriously... Weak. Ball growled, “That's it. I said break this shyke up before I come over there and break your petching ankles... NOW!” his last word was roared loudly. There was no kindness in those words, no hollowness. They dripped with intention and the willingness to back up those words was evident. His little hands balled up into fists as the man tried to grapple with the feisty blonde. She's got something going for her. There didn't appear to be any remediation from Ball speaking up, not that the three inch knight expected as much.

The little knight jumped in, landing next to the two combatants and pulled at the blonde's arm, he was done talking as words in the heat of combat usually fell to deaf ears. He moved to the man, hoping that his pulling at the lady's arm was good enough to give her the understanding to detach herself from the man and move away. He turned his attention to the man. This is the culprit, the monster in the dark so to speak. A small grin creased his face. Perfect.

He reached out and tweaked the man's nose with his hand. It was a simple and quick attack. It was also enough to get the man's attention directed towards him, “I said stop.” the pycon knight said calmly. As limbs flailed and swung at him Ball stepped out of their way, ducking as necessary to avoid getting hit. He needed to remain calm, a task that was hard enough for the pycon in non-combat situations... But combat? Forget that, Ball was itching to punch. The nose tweak dd as Ball had hoped, in a rather unfortunate way though. Instead of just directing the man's attention to Ball it angered him and the abuser tried to throw Jade from his body even harder, attempting to lose himself from her grappling so he could take action against Ball.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A New Chapter

Postby Jade Laken on March 19th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Jade growled and held on as tightly as she could. Though she was beginning to lose her grip. If the man knew and could get a good grip on her shirt again, then he would be able to throw her off. That was not an option, especially the way he was acting just trying to get released. The blonde could hear someone shouting in the background, but could not understand the words. She only prayed to Zulrav and Syna that it was not a friend of the drunks. Sudden arms pulling at hers caused the woman to look down seeing a small creature about three inches tall. Stunned the girl relaxed her arms too much after the creature flicked the man on the nose. Seeing the sudden change in the woman's demeanor, the drunk grabbed one arm and slung the girl before him. Gasping the girl grunting landing hard on her right side and sliding from the force of the throw. Shaking her head, she attempted to clear her vision from where she had smacked the ground so hard. Looking up towards the two male figures, she prepared to jump back in if needed.

Using her hands to keep her upper body off the ground, Jade pulled her legs under her as well. Looking up the woman wanted to know where the inebriated man was at all times. Thankfully at the moment he seemed to be preoccupied with the little one. She wanted to tell the creature to move out of the way before it got hurt, but at the moment it seemed to be fending well for itself. Standing up fully a wince appeared on the girl's face as she looked down seeing the bruises forming. Wiping her arm clean of the rocks and most of the dirt, the blonde peered at the two combatants now. Her veins still pumped with adrenaline from the mini-brawl, she had been involved in.

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A New Chapter

Postby Ball on May 5th, 2017, 3:25 am

Granted the attack directed to the drunk did as Ball expected... A little too well, it pissed the man off to the extent of having him trying to throw the young blonde from his back. She was holding on for dear life and yet she was losing her grip. It wasn't long before the man had tore Jade from himself and tossed her aside like a rag doll. Ball only took his sight off of the drunk long enough to watch her get up and clean herself off before Ball once more reverted his attention to her assailant. Already the man had gone far enough.

Ball shifted his body's forward position so it was lined right with the man who made it really easy to finish the fight, the drunk dived at Ball and being the three inch nimble pycon that he was practically danced away as he side stepped right into the man's face. As the man's nose came closer to Ball's attack range the Pyken master roundhouse kicked the bridge of the man's nose. It was an instant knock out and Ball had to pull back his kick so as not to kill the man. There was enough commotion by now for a pair of the larger knights of a more humanoid structure to show up and they promptly hauled the man up to his feet and dragged him away. They didn't question the blonde as they could see her bruising so the evidence was clear as to the crime.

As for Ball, well he was a knight doing his duty, as the attack was completed and the drunk taken away, probably to serve some small time in the mines nearby, Ball looked up at the girl. “You are hurt it seems. Let's get you to the healers. Come.” He motioned for her to follow him as he turned out away from the alley.

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A New Chapter

Postby Jade Laken on May 24th, 2017, 8:02 pm

Panting the woman began to calm down and moved more out of the way when other knights of this “order” appeared and helped the small man. Half hidden within the shadows, she became as little and unimportant as possible to keep from being taken in as well. The woman did not notice the small amount of blood that began to ooze from her arm after she had wiped all the debris off. Looking down at the three-inch creature, the woman was stunned to hear it speaking. She knew before it had said something, but in all the confusion such information had not registered.

“Okay,” Jade said with a nod.

It was not long after that she began following the creature as it walked down the street. Coughing some, the blonde ignored the burning in her lungs as she had become out of shape apparently. Jade could remember a time when such a scuffle with her brothers would not have caused such pain. Though the strange rocks that covered the city floor and streets was not nearly as merciful as the dirt and grass of home. The woman was not looking forward to explaining where all the injuries came from when she arrived back at her shared home. Shaking her head the woman looked down at what she assumed was a tiny man.

“Thank you. I hope I have not caused you any inconvenience,” Jade spoke gently.

She fell quiet once more following the creature not sure where the “healer” was located within the city. In Endrykas, it was easy to find where the River Flower was located; it and the Healing Hoof was located side by side within the Opal clan tents. Thankfully for most of the pavilions, the two businesses sat a little way back so that the smell of sick animals did not bother anyone.

As the pair walked the blonde found herself becoming numb and her mind going blank for extended periods of time. Shaking her head, the woman fought to get rid of the feeling. It was unfamiliar and strange, which meant that she did not care for it in the least. Jade stopped quickly nearly stepping on the small man in her attempt to focus on something for longer than a few seconds. Looking up above her the blue eyes landed on the sign for the healer. Confusion graced her face before; she peered back at the strange man.

“Why are we here?” the woman asked still clearly confused.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A New Chapter

Postby Ball on July 2nd, 2017, 4:15 am

Ball did his best to lead the lady to the local healers – in this case the Soothing Waters – it was a bit of a trek from where they had to deal with the unruly men, but Ball hoped he would be able to get her safely there and tended to. After all, he was a knight and this was his duty.

Shaking his head the little knight spoke calmly as he could, “No need to apologize. This is my job. My duty to this city. That man, was unkind and in need of punishment, my fellow knights well take them to the tank and then most likely sentence them to the mines for some time to work off their crimes. You though, you will be coming with me to get healed, you were injuried.” Ball did his best to point up at her arm, where there was a bit of blood oozing from a wound somewhere among the dirt and scraps on her arm. “The healers here are quite good.” Ball recalled a spar with a fish-person a few years back that resulted in Ser Pycon getting angry and the weird fish-person being brought to the Waters to get healed.

When Jade and Ser Ball made it to the actual healers location and she looked up Ball frowned, something was not well with her, “Let's get you in there. I think you may have hit your head.” Ball ushered her in with a nudge and when they entered the healer looked at them both, “She had been confronted by a man that have assaulted her. I am Ser Ball of the Order. She needs assistance. She is currently under my care until she is well. The bill can go to me for her healing” The clerk nodded and motioned for the pair to go beyond a curtain into a small room where a healer was waiting.

Once in the room Ball motioned for Jade to sit on a chair near the healer. “She was assaulted by a man in the fog. She tried to flee them or fight them off when I came to the scene. She got injuried when trying to keep the man from harming her. That is when I arrived and stepped in.” The healer nodded and looked to Jade.

OOCI have no idea how to do the healer part...

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A New Chapter

Postby Jade Laken on July 2nd, 2017, 5:18 am

Jade walked in behind the man and listened as he spoke with the clerk. She knew where the pair had entered, but her mind was not registering why. Sitting was rather difficult for the blonde as she looked at the doctor as the small man told him what had happened earlier. Turning her gaze back to the man in white, she watched as he sat down and moved his chair closer to her. The confused look on her face told the man most of what he needed to know.

“Okay miss. I am going to get your shoulder bandaged up first. Once that is done I am going to ask you a few questions about the fight you were in okay?” The doctor said gently.

Jade nodded and allowed him to wash her arm and shoulder showing the several cuts and large gash from connecting with the ground. Walking over to the table, the man got a mixture of herbs mashed up and turned into a paste with some water. Walking over with the bowl, the blonde turned to where he could put the mix on her arm and shoulder. Wincing the girl bite back a scream as he applied the bandages next. Panting gently, she sat still closing one eye as he cleaned the dirt off her face exposing the blood on her temple. The woman stayed as she had for the last several chimes; still and confused.

“There it is. You got hit hard enough to do some major damage earlier,” The doctor stated and motioned for the small man to look, “this can be very dangerous. It can cause death within the first twenty four bells. Especially if she is very confused, has a hard time walking right, and can't seem to stay focused for long periods.”

Putting a smaller bandage over her temple, the doctor turned her back around and checked for any kind of impairment. Wincing when he checked for light sensitivity, the blond rubbed her eyes as he turned to talk with the small man.

“She has what I believe to be a concussion. If I am right she will need to be closely monitored for the next twenty four to forty eight bells. The girl needs to be kept focused, constantly ask her questions. If she wishes to sleep then wake her up every fourth of a bell for the first two. When awake ask her the same questions over again. We need to make sure her memory is not going backwards. After the first two bells allow her more rest waking her up every half bell for the next two bells. Finally wake her every bell in order to make sure, she is able to get up. If she doesn't wake send for us immediately. Can you do this?” The doctor asked looking down at him.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes