OOC Info The Syka 517 Summer Character Registry

Please register if you are playing in Syka this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka 517 Summer Character Registry

Postby Gossamer on May 31st, 2017, 10:36 pm

If you play in Syka, you must register!
Please let us know who you are
and why you are here.

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age, Sex, Race?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
How long are you planning to stay?
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job?
What does your character have to offer Syka?
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
What does your character want to learn this season?
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
       [center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
    [b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
    [b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
    [b]How long are you planning to stay? [/b]
    [b]How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job?[/b]
    [b]What does your character have to offer Syka?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members?[/b]
    [b]Do you like social threads?  Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]What does your character want to learn this season?[/b]
    [b]Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?[/b]
    [b]Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?[/b]
    [b]Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?[/b]
    [b]In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Karin on June 1st, 2017, 6:04 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Karin (Ironyach), born Saeunni.
Age, Sex, Race? 18, Female, Human (Svefra)
Describe your character in a short abstract? Karin is a naïve, introverted, ocean loving shipbuilder who leads a solitary life.
How long are you planning to stay? For a long while.
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Shipbuilder.
What does your character have to offer Syka? A means of producing transport for the coastal waters and inland, as well as a person who is kind of knowledgeable about carpentry.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, although I haven't had much chance to explore this with Karin.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? No, Karin isn't the romantic type.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? If being a Svefra counts. ;)
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes! Because I feel they're incredibly important and help to bring your writing to life.
What does your character want to learn this season? More wilderness survival and shipbuilding skills. She also wants to learn about Laviku, as always.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Hmm... anyone. :)
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I want to see Karin completing an upgrade of her hut. Which is still placeholdered. :/
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? A combination of ocean and space to explore and develop my PC.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? N/A

Additional Comments: I'm going to be quiet for the first part of the season whilst I catch up with old threads. Apologies!

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Merevaika on June 1st, 2017, 10:42 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Merevaika Stormchaser
Age, Sex, Race? 22, Female, Drykas
Describe your character in a short abstract? Lost without her Strider, Merevaika is looking to distract herself in the jungle.
How long are you planning to stay? A season, maybe two
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Animal handler
What does your character have to offer Syka? She can hunt, for food for everyone, and she's going to raise chickens too.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yeah, I need to get her fighting skills up
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Nope, Merevaika would never be interested
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? The Drykas. Even though she technically isn't even one any more
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I do actually, as long as they still have a point. If it's social for the sake of being social, Merevaika won't fit in.
What does your character want to learn this season? More about her pathfinding, and how to survive in a jungle. Ooh, and how to use the canoe that Karin's making for me!
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? All of them?
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Figure stuff out for herself. Become more part of a community
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Because there are awesome people here. And the wild style of living suited Merevaika and her story.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Honestly, nothing. I'm good!

Additional Comments: I'm going to write this season, I promise!
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Jade Laken on June 1st, 2017, 12:29 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jade Laken
Age, Sex, Race? 23, female, Drykas
Describe your character in a short abstract? Jade is a young Drykas who moved to syliras after a horrible fight with her father. Once there the woman made great friends and even adopted a young girl with her significant other
How long are you planning to stay? From the looks of Syliras closing quite a while
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Originally she was a squire, but she will most likely be making clothes while in Syka
What does your character have to offer Syka? She has the ability to make clothes for the people of the city
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Depends on the situation
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Depends on the situation
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Depends on the situation
What does your character want to learn this season? How to sew clothes?
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Any of them
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I'm not sure just yet if I have a full plan or not
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Because it poses as interesting challenge due to how under developed it is
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Nothing right now

Additional Comments:
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Byronn on June 1st, 2017, 6:09 pm

- Character Registry -

: Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias' :
Byronn

: Age, Sex, Race? :
Actual Age 10, Male, Kelvic (Kodiak Bear)

: Describe your character in a short abstract? :
Quiet, Thoughtful, Maybe Grumpy, Can turn lazy from the heat, Protective, Good Heart

: How long are you planning to stay? :
Byronn will be staying as long as he doesn't feel a pull to another area.

: What does your character have to offer Syka? :
Byronn offers skills in survival and also protection to those he finds fit. He also looks for Syka to offer him a new way of life and opportunity to be something more.

: Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? :
I will and often enjoy writing conflicts, sometimes with violence. But it needs to be within reason. There has to be a story as to why my characters fight or get into brawls, everything has to have a reason that makes sense for the character I am playing. There are times I will turn down a thread with a fight, just because it was asked of me and my character, others I will jump in with an energy drink and fingers on fire. If it makes sense, count me in.

: Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? :
Like Conflict with Violence, I will write romantic stories, but like before it needs to have a reason. Any kind of relationships with my characters need to be worked for ICly (In-Characterly) and not shipped. Unless given permission beforehand and discussed with both parties. As with violence, it has a time and place.

: Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? :
None at the moment, though I've been told I join the ranks of hot character faces of miz. (might of just made that name up, nice ring to it tho)

: Do you like social threads? Why or why not? :
I do enjoy a good social thread that has some lesson to be learned. Be it just getting to know what the other character likes or dislikes, to some profound message that would only be taught in that thread. I find it beneficial to character development as most threads can offer.

: What does your character want to learn this season? :
Something new, be it a skill or way of life style. Maybe even brush up on his combat skills.

: Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? :
I couldn't just pic one but the idea of rping with other Kelvics is appealing.

: Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? :
I would like to see him get some kind of job, be it for pay or just as a trade of services and goods for work. Maybe even explore something he normally would not do if left to his own devices. Also character growth, something to affect him personally by those he interacts with.

: Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? :
At first to make my character uncomfortable as possible in his surroundings, as I read more into the area, it was for the opportunity to start him somewhere that is also starting. A possibility of leaving his mark somewhere.

:In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? :
Possibly in the future mod a thread of him working on a deal to work with an npc.
" Common | Pavi "
Byronn
The Big Bear

Words: 7886
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2017, 1:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Xen on June 2nd, 2017, 6:06 pm

“ Character Registry ”

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Xen or Jori
Age, Sex, Race? 110, Male, Vipéra, Dhani
Describe your character in a short abstract? An opportunistic, semi-social, somewhat crazy and secretive serpent.
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely, unless circumstances change.
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? mercenary transitioning to brewer.
What does your character have to offer Syka? Fine brews and a volunteer willing to spare fang and scales for his neighbors.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Xen's career is changing so violence has come down to this: you annoy the serpent, he bites you ;)

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Not really unless someone likes Xenny boy IC.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Xen's within Rhysol's grasp but he isn't apart of his cult which is always taking members.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I don't mind social threads but I dislike like political and slice of life one's.
What does your character want to learn this season? Brewing
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Those who love serpents, monsters, danger, magic and exploration.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Improve one or more of his skills listed within my plotnotes.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Because I love the Falyndar Region!

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? A good time 8) :thumbsup:

Additional Comments: My posting speeds quite slow due to circumstances, yet if that doesn't bother you and you're willing to thread: all is good. Just send me a P.m and we can plot evil schemes in the name of Rhysol, Uldr, or Vayt.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Roselina on June 2nd, 2017, 8:02 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Roselina
Age, Sex, Race? 22, female, human
Describe your character in a short abstract? A woman with strange morals and family issues.
How long are you planning to stay? Until Syrilas reopens
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Hopefully a barmaid until she learns more practical skills
What does your character have to offer Syka? She's pretty determined not to starve, so she'll offer a willingness to learn skills.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? It's fun if neccesary to the plot.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Not sex, but love and romance is fine with me if the plot goes there.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Most people don't like them, but I do, I find them a fun way to delve into my characters more.
What does your character want to learn this season? About life outside of Syrilas.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Anyone not related to her or from Syrilas :P
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Learn some more conventional career options and skills.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It's completely out of Rose's comfort zone, which is good.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Not sure yet.

Additional Comments: Rose will be wanting to learn practical and survival skills this season, so hit me up about that. :)
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Words: 62756
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka on June 3rd, 2017, 11:45 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ashka
Age, Sex, Race? 16, female, human (mixed)
Describe your character in a short abstract? Wary kid who's never fitted in anywhere, looking for a place to call home
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinite
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Weaver
What does your character have to offer Syka? She knows a bit about building, she can make and mend cloth, she can catch a fish and cook it.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, if it fits into a plot, I don't seek it out
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? No, not my thing
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes, preferably with a bit of plot
What does your character want to learn this season? Her way about
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Any
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Survive the season
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? I like the idea of building a place from scratch
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'll let you know if I think of something

Additional Comments: I'm going to limit my threads to start with, so I don't get overwhelmed, and I may be slow to respond.

Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Bay'Lin La on June 17th, 2017, 5:39 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Bay'Lin La.
Age, Sex, Race? 39, Male, Charoda

Describe your character in a short abstract? A nihilistic sea dweller trying to create something from nothing on land in the void of life.

How long are you planning to stay? Permanently, he's in for the long haul.

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job?
Bay'lin Is a fresh fish vendor (Fisherman).

What does your character have to offer Syka? A stable source of food in the form of fresh fish. Likewise, his aquatic ability in teaching people how to swim. And voiding for sanitation & defense.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?
Yes, because Bay'lin hast to deal with the hostile predators of the sea everyday.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?
I have no strong preference, if it happens naturally then it happens.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
If being a Voider and businessman counts, he'll teach people who works for him.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
Yes, talking and networking are what make the world go 'round.

What does your character want to learn this season?
Drawing, Architecture, & Construction for future business ventures. Or foraging, herbalism, & botany for vegetarian wilderness survival.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?
The easy awnser is everyone. But if you want specifics, I'll go with the person who posted before me. So Ashka.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Improve his fisherman skills. He'll be pretty job focused this season.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It was the perfect place for a Charoda to settle down.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Most likely Bay'lin talking with The Founders about payment plans to buy the Overwater Rancho he's currently renting.

Additional Comments:
If anyone wants to join Bay when he goes out fishing, just let me know. It will also most likely lead to them learning how to swim.

Bay'Lin La
Life's but a walking shadow...

Words: 33079
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 1:34 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on June 18th, 2017, 6:33 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nya Winters

Age, Sex, Race? 11, Female, Kelvic

Describe your character in a short abstract? Nya is an explorer and a definite searcher in life. She's not afraid to try new things and is quietly on a quest to right some wrongs she performed in her past lives.

How long are you planning to stay? Long-Term

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Nya is doing leatherworking right now to keep her expenses paid.

What does your character have to offer Syka? It's hard to quantify this question. She is a friendly protective face, playful but with a sharp intelligence. I think Nya could be a good solid friend to a lot of people here. She's already struck up friendships with several NPCs.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I do like violence. Usually that equates to action and that keeps the writing and threads flowing.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I do like threading about those things, but they are not a high priority. Nya's heart has been broken badly and she's still licking her wounds there.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No, she's not, but she'd be interested in getting involved in one.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I do! I really do like threads with new people.

What does your character want to learn this season? I'd like to get Nya's leatherworking up to speed.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? I think Nya would enjoy meeting almost anyone. I just hope to have some solid thread partners by the end of the season.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I'd like to see Nya grow as a PC. I'd like to see her gain some confidence and come more into her own and out of her Ravok-inspired funk.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? I enjoy the theme.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? No thank you.

Additional Comments: Please don't be shy. If anyone wants to thread with me just throw me a PM. I'd be glad to thread with anyone.

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)