OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Gossamer on June 17th, 2017, 4:22 pm

I've gotten about five questions about the Sasarans lately. I thought I'd just post my standard response here.

HI there.

Okay I want you to close your eyes a moment and picture a city full of athletic males who pride themselves on fitness and training. Where do those males go to hang out and spar? They go to the Sasarans. They are like the ultimate hangout for all skill levels. You can find people to spar there with (just make up a partner!) any time of day ... day in and day out. They don't cost anything. And they let you get to know people who roam the city. The more you fight there the more you get to have a bit of respect. If you're rowdy, the boys will throw you out. Women are there occasionally too, though they find that partners are harder to find and the Akalak are reluctant to treat them as equals (they pull punches a lot and try to train them rather than spar with them). If it needs cleaning, grab a broom.... someone will show up with snacks and some good mead if the fight day turns into a chore day.

One is for Unarmed. One is for Armed. Weapons are on loan all the time there at the weapon's sasaran, but they must remain at the Sassaran. There's all kinds of training equipment too. Think of a gym situation.

Hope that helps?

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Grim Ravenwood on June 19th, 2017, 4:21 pm

While i was searching for potential employers, i've stumbled upon Goora. I wanted to ask, since she was marked by Dira twice, why does she look so old?
Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Words: 124151
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Kamilla on June 19th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Was she not marked at an old age?
Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Grim Ravenwood on June 19th, 2017, 4:38 pm

"Favored Eiyons appear ageless in that they will never show signs of aging. They will appear youthful and healthy until the day they keel over and die."

Well, now that you look at it, it doesn't really specify if it makes one appear youthful, or just stops the aging process. However, i think i saw somewhere that Dira usually doesn't mark those that are old since they will kick the bucket soon anyways.
Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Kamilla on June 19th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Dira that saucy minx... or cougar. It was probably just a minor oversight by the NPCs creator then..
Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 25th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Hi Folks.

I hope you are having a lot of fun this season. Sorry I've been so out of it the last two weeks. I was dealing with some illness and now that that out of my system things should be fairly smooth sailing life and work wise for the next three weeks. If anyone needs anything, is confused on the seasonal doings, or has something they want to bring to my attention let me know. Quite a few of you have pm'd me plot ideas and they've all been great. We have dead fathers, glassbeaks eating mages, creatures from the black lagoon, and a whole host of weirdness going on this season. I love it. Keep up the good work.

And if you are a grader, lets jump on the grading backlog on RF and get it to a manageable level. If we can clear out the old requests, I can keep up with them just fine as they trickle in at the normal rate. We just had such a hellish backlog there for a while there wasn't much anyone could do to make a dent.

Thanks! And write on. We are 1/3'd of the way through the season already.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Balian Martell on June 26th, 2017, 7:46 am

Glad you are feeling better!
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 5th, 2017, 1:34 am

PSA

If you can't use code correctly, DONT USE IT. M'kay? I just spent an hour combing through the Character Registry to figure out who couldn't close their code correctly and finally found it in Casanova DeGhetto's post.

YOU DONT CLOSE A FRAME, FRAMETRANS, GOOGLEFONT with a FRAME, FRAMETRANS, GOOGLEFONT.

You have to close in the same order you open...

FRAME FRAMETRANS GOOGLEFONT.... /GOOGLEFONT /FRAMETRANS /FRAME

If you don't do that, and you fuck up all the code in an entire character registry, then some poor ADMIN has to give up her free time on a holiday, comb through it and calm the other upset players down. So, if you don't understand our code LEARN IT or DONT USE IT.

Some of you need to replace your frame codes. I just went through and deleted post codes until I got to one where the error was obvious. I had to start somewhere. :( :( :( :( :( And I do apologize Orin for not finding this at first and believing this was an error. I believe you now. It was there. As a Founder when I looked at it the errors looked okay. It wasn't until I looked at it as my PC I saw how it wasn't showing any posts after the error.

Since I'm chewing people out... I might as well get this off my ass too.

On that same note, don't be a very casual player and come here asking for something like DOMINION when you are barely active and aren't around at all. I'm not going to let you learn a super rare lost discipline until you actually show activity and are around for SEASON AFTER SEASON.

Thank you.

Head Bitchy Founder

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Grim Ravenwood on July 6th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Isn't sorting things out in the character registry the job of the liaisons?

Anyhow, my brother was on Miz for a short time. I remember that he didn't close his codes properly, and it messed up the whole thread. Posts went one over another like stacked paper...
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Orin Fenix on July 6th, 2017, 1:19 pm

There's a very good reason I don't write my own codes. I'm hopeless bad at it (that, and I have a poor eye for aesthetics).
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)