OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Fallon on May 22nd, 2017, 5:55 am

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Other Riverfall!

Due to various cities closing this season, Fallon will be tipping up in Riverfall some time during the middle of Summer (45th/46th?) and be staying indefinitely. I've yet to decide what exactly she will be doing during her time - I'm still reading the Codex and lore - but should anyone be up for having a thread or two and enjoy subjects of intrigue, intelligence and action; then please drop a PM and we can discuss.

Happy writings!
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Turrin on May 22nd, 2017, 5:48 pm

Welcome to Riverfall, Fallon! I hope to role-play with you in the summer. :) I wanted to let everyone know that I will responding to threads soon. I just finished school and switched from 3rd shift to 2nd shift, so my creativity was starting to wane. It back now, so I will respond as soon as possible. :D
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Freke on May 25th, 2017, 1:54 am

Hello everyone. I'm new to Mizahar and have just started posting today. My PC is a Kelvic Dire Wolf. If anyone is interested I have a open thread for people to join, or I can join a existing thread/new thread with them. Please feel free to PM me or reply here if interested
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
Freke
Player

Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on May 30th, 2017, 9:10 pm

Hello Rivarians!

The Season Change is upon us. You have roughly the next 24 hrs to get all your threads posted that you want to take place in this season. As always, I allow placeholders to finish up last minute job threads and things you want to see accomplished. Please don't let them linger too long though. Work on the current season and in your spare time work backwards and fill in previous season unless of course your flat broke because you've been neglecting threads.

Behind the Waterfall has a thread for turning in wage requests. Please feel free to do so. If you are still looking at picking a job, we need to get that done before the season change. If you are a slave PC, your owner needs to pay your living expenses up to Riverfall's standards (good). If you are an owner PC, please make sure any slaves and NPCs you support are paid for as well.

Update your CSs!

I will have a new calendar and registry up tomorrow. Tomorrow I will also be posting a thread nominations post so that you can jump in and nominate a few threads you are thinking are outstanding in RF this season. That way we can pass out some prizes. There will be a 'best pc' category as well, and that best pc will have a special place in the doings of Summer here in RF.

Anyhow, you have tonight and tomorrow to take care of business. By the time I go to bed tomorrow night, I will have the site changed over to summer everywhere. I go to bed early too! So don't take too long to decide what's necessary to complete the season. After the season change, all threads in this season will become Grandfathered, which means no one can join them and they must be finished ASAP. All new threads posted must be posted in the current timestamp, ie.. Summer 517.

Summer in RF is always magical. I hope you all enjoy what I have planned.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on May 31st, 2017, 10:50 am

Hello River Fallings!
Salara and Fallon will be traveling companions, so mid-Summer brings another. As this was unexpected with the migrations Salara has no concrete plans other than getting familiar with RF, the people, and accustomed to her place in this world.
I look forward to seeing where the story takes her.
Enjoy~*
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 31st, 2017, 8:39 pm

Hello Rivarians!

Okay, so I had a pm earlier I would share with you so I don't have to explain things multiple times in case some of the new people to RF weren't understanding. Two pcs were planning on coming to RF, one as a master pc and one as an apprentice to that master pc. The apprentice PC indicated the master pc was going to pay her room and board. Okay.. .so then another series of questions was asked. Let me explain my answer.

Coming to RF, you need to cover certain expenses! Everyone does. What are they? From the Codex:

That means your PC needs at least have enough coin to cover 135 gm or 1.5 gm/day on their seasonal living expense. That needs most if not all PCs need to have regular employment.

Okay what you need to pay to live in RF is "Seasonal Expenses" at common quality... that's 150 GM a day. Seasonal Expenses covers food but not housing. You must cover your housing separate. Many PCs, such as those in Endrykas own their own places. Even the starting package allows you to have a place to live for 500 that you own. If that's what you do, you don't need to cover your 'housing' because you have housing. Now, if you don't have housing....RF has several places to live. They start around 3 gm a day or 273 at the minimum. That means you need to earn 273+135 gm or 408 a season.

RF does not allow 'camping' outside the city to its residents. If you are camping outside the city you are playing in Endrykas or The Sea of Grass. Food is covered in Seasonal Expenses. We don't separate out meals.

So whatever profession you pick, it must be 408 a season or you will be a Nakivak by the end of your stay here (if you are female) or a slave. So that means your Master needs to pay your living expense. They should, by all rights, pay your housing too. We don't allow starting characters to 'bunk' up together to combine expenses. But if the Master PC has a house or buys one, then they can have people live with them at no charge. If they rent a place, they can't double up. Why? Because the landlords get mad at roomates. Rooms are priced for individuals unless someone makes special arrangements. So... in this real example, the master agreed to pay expenses and board. That's 408 a season for that apprentice.

But.. the apprentice is doing a job that actually makes 5gm a day or 455 a season. I told the apprentice they could do extra threads or side jobs outside of their apprenticeship to get the extra 47 gm (455-408=47 windfall) so they are earning whats fair to their PC and any other pc in that job level.

Why can't anyone do extra threads to earn more than their profession allows? PCs can't have two jobs until they have a business, max out their business skill at 100, and go for a merchant prince, which allows them to take on a second business/job for a reduced rate or leave their business under management and focus on something else. That's outlined in the thread Consortia under Business Plans. There's a sticky there explaining it.

I hope this helps everyone involved.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2017, 12:23 am

Hello Everyone!

Well our season of Renewal is wrapping up. Since no one followed my directions and tagged their threads with the tag [Renewal] I'm having a hard time figuring out which thread where in the spirit of the seasonal theme. That doesn't matter, however.

I want everyone who is registered in the city and active this season to send me a PM with their nominations for the prizes for this season.

The Categories Are:

Best Male PC That's Portrayed Renewal
Best Female PC That's Portrayed Renewal
Best Combat Scene (multiple winners possible)
Best Dramatic Scene (multiple winners possible)
Best Romantic Scene (mutiple winners possible)
Best Overall Thread Featuring Renewal
Most Improved PC Through Renewal

You are fine nominating yourself. And I will keep all the voting confidential. I need these PMs in the next few days. I would also like thread links for the threads these pcs were in if you nominate them.

This is very important for the Calendar Reveal for Summer 517. The Winners will not only get their picks of prizes, but they will also play important roles in the next season!

Note: Please don't vote for my PC, she wasn't active during this season except for the end (Goss was too busy with site stuff to play a pc) and its not fair for mods to enter their PCs in their city doings. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2017, 12:34 am

Hey Rivarians!

I received multiple ballots for the Spring Awards wherein the people turning the ballots voted entirely or almost entirely for themselves for every category. So in light of what I consider 'disastrous voting' I decided the 'awards' are going to be postponed for a season while I figure out how to cull the self-serving responses and get the community more on board with playing with each other and supporting each other.

So I put off what I was going to originally do for Summer until Fall since it requires heavy PC involvement and especially those PCs with Leadership, and do something completely different.

In that light, I give you The Summer of The Sakel.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post511446.html

I hope you enjoy it. And I hope next time I ask for thread award nominations and allow you to vote for yourselves, you will consider not voting for yourselves for EVERY category.

Thank you.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Balian Martell on June 2nd, 2017, 11:09 am

Hello Riverfall!!

Balian should be arriving to your wonderfull city around the 55th day of summer, having made his way all the way from Sylira! As an added bonus, Since Balian is still just a squire, he will also be bringing along his Patron Knight, meaning that there not one, but at least two 'active' members of the order living in Syliras that will be participating the various plots and schemes of the city!

I look forward with to threading with you all, and if you ever wish to thread with Balians Patron Knight, Sir Borr Uldrin, dont hesitate to send me a PM and I would gladly see what I can do!
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 4th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Since I haven't received any feedback for the Seasonal Theme, I was wondering if everyone understood it clearly. Are we all on the same page? Just checking because we have quiet a few people registered for the season. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext