[Perplexity's Scrapbook] Perplexing Puzzles

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Rosela on August 5th, 2015, 1:56 pm

Sorry to hear things are going a bit...rough. To understate it wildly. You deserve to be happy, never forget that. Keep taking steps forward, one at a time, and things will get better. One day, you'll look around and realize you've managed to put yourself someplace completely different. It'll happen. In the meantime, take whatever time you need, and remember that we're always here for you :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aoren on July 1st, 2017, 11:37 am

Blows away the dust.

Hello? Does this thing still work?

Well, here I am sifting through the memories of a beloved character quietly contemplating on whether or not I should take a chance and pick up the pieces of his story. Before I get into that however, a few things are owed. Nobody needs to respond to this. The series of questions and responses aren't directed at anyone in particular but are here to just help me get a snapshot of my own headspace, really. Peruse it at your leisure and if you are moved to reply, for better or worse, you are welcome to.

1.) It's been quite some time. No word. No explanation. You just left. What happened?
To put it plainly? Life took priority and I found myself pre-occupied with personal matters and pursuing projects aimed at bettering myself and my life. I was not in a place I wanted to be. I still have a long ways to go before I get there. Things are better though.

2.) Have anything to say for yourself after going AWOL?
My apologies. I won't make excuses and I don't feel I need them. I am sorry for the frustration and disappointment others might have felt at my unannounced and abrupt departure. Simple as that. Let's move forward or part ways. The choice is yours and I will not begrudge you for it.

3.) So why return?
I enjoy Aoren. I admire him as a character and he's overall one that I keep coming back to in my head for one reason or another.

4.) Is this a return?
Perhaps a small one. There are quite a few things I'd need to get in order logistically before being able to play while within the rules. That's going to take some time. After that, we'll see where things go.

So what have I been up to for however long its been? As mentioned above, working on myself. I've pushed far in my current career. I've had to make some drastic changes to the way I approach life in general. I am looking at moving to a completely new area in the next few months and once there, will be tackling the completion of my undergrad degree. My goals, wants, and long-term plans for the future have shifted dramatically from what they once were because I took a long hard look at myself and what I wanted as opposed to what others expected of me. I've made some uncomfortable sacrifices because in the long-run, it's better that way. I've distanced myself from people I once considered close friends because I realized they weren't the kind of people interested in seeing me succeed.

So, hello again Mizahar. Let's see what the future brings, shall we?
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Karin on July 1st, 2017, 3:26 pm

Welcome back, Aoren. I don't know you and you don't know me, but it is always nice to see old players poke their heads in! I hope you get chance to settle in. :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Aoren on August 3rd, 2017, 11:29 pm

I’ve mulled the idea of showing off some of the things that I do for a little while. Finally, I figured why not?

For quite a few years now, I’ve been getting a handle on how to create computer generated images. When I first registered to Mizahar my character avatar was actually a CGI character that I had created myself. (I eventually took it down and cringe every time I look at it now) My journey with 3D imaging has been a long one and it’s far from over. As it stands, I’ve only recently been pouring hours of dedication to the endeavor. I originally started working with this lovely little program called DAZ 3D Studio around 2011. Needless to say my original creations were terrible. I’ve shelved the program from time to time but I’ve always come back to it because I enjoy making the things that I do.

So without further hoopla here are a couple of my most recent creations!

Door Number One :

Title: The Old Ways
Time: 26 Hours
Synopsis: I have about a bazillion fantasy stories that buzz in my head all the time. This is one of the characters who happens to be of particular interest right now. Her name is Anneka and she is referred to as the Lady of the Broken Oath or the Queen of the Fallen Ones. A figure of myth and mystery she rules from the Shadowlands of a world I've made up in my head. Overall, I'm very happy with how this piece turned out. Lighting can get tricky sometimes but I like how the colors and vibrancy came out in the final piece.

Door Number Two :

Title: Delilah
Time: 30 Hours
Synopsis: A powerful sorceress who is featured as a central villain in one of my favorite shows. This is my rendition of her. Yes, this is fanart. She is a genius necromancer who has thwarted death and defeat on a number of occasions. I really love everything about this piece.

Door Number Three :

Title: Damek
Time: 20 Hours
Synopsis: A young prince standing in the throne room of either his father's court or perhaps some other nobleman's. Staring intent into the distance his mind is heavy with the weight of some pressing decision but though difficult times are ahead, he is a warrior and defender of his people. Or at least, that's what pops into my head when I look at this. A character who is featured quite frequently in my artwork, he's 1 of 2. He and his brother get into all sort of shenanigans in my head. Sometimes I put those shenanigans to digital canvas and breathe life into them. This was one such scene.
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aoren on August 12th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Why hello there fine fabulous folks! Got a bit busy the past week but I have time off work over the next few days. Expect replies and shenanigans soon!
Aoren

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Maore on September 21st, 2017, 1:12 am

I remember you and your character. Welcome back!
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Previous