Featherbane

Good Clyde receives a rather impolite visitor.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Featherbane

Postby Belugnir on August 14th, 2017, 12:14 am

Ein was fairly surprised when Clyde actually replied to his... was it a demand? Instead of going all cryptic and arrogantly dismissing it as the mercenary halfway expected he would. And though Einar did struggle to keep up with all the information now pouring out of Clyde, he did understand the most of it. Nodding to himself in brief relief as the man confirmed that reading a human's mind is a far cry from opening some dusty book and giving it a lazy glance. Of course, telling that one drunken bastard was about to bash in an ugly, taunting whoreson's skull based on the bastard's generously displaying facial expression was a different case.

Every time I've used it it's left traces on me? That was something he understood as a rather negative influence, though then Clyde proceeded to somewhat indirectly present the fact that he was rather experienced and familiar with several branches of magic, if not several dozen, and seeing as this man seemed fairly healthy, Ein was led to dismiss his original view of that remark. And so it is a form of magic they use to figure me out. Now only if this bugger cared to openly tell me what it is and not talk in soddin' circles..., then, after a moment's actual thought he shook his head in disapproval of himself, remembering just how long it took him to properly understand just the basics of Flux. God forbid he asked this fella to explain how that sorcery they used actually worked. He'd probably greet the Fall during that lecture.

Peculiar too, how Ein found himself both content and somewhat offended by Clyde's need to compare his skill to that of a master pickpocket to better explain the sorcery he used. The lad found himself nodding with a dull smirk at the comparison, though afterward, he found it rather interesting when Clyde yet again pointed out, and rather coldly at that, that he was quite skilled with several branches of magic, while also admitting that he wasn't as versed in some others. There was no display of pride in this man belike that of a seasoned drunkard boasting his latest spree of pint-emptying, no humility when he admitted he didn't know something either. Then, as he went to point out that Ein's unease was more likely caused by the staff Clyde bore, how it was a nasty, powerful piece of work, and how he constructed it himself, Einar felt an odd urge to swiftly change the subject. For a moment he began comparing himself to what he had just gotten to know of this man, and, despite his pig-headed, dismissive view of practically every living creature that was not him, everything Clyde was saying was nudging Ein into feel inferior, and to view his most pride inducing deeds as something trivial. And by the gods that was the one sort of a thought avalanche that he'd been trying to escape his whole life.

When Clyde was done speaking, Ein gave him an uncomfortably forced grimace of a puzzled expression and a shrug, displaying his sudden discomfort and deep-denied jealousy so that every shallow idiot could read it off of him, let alone a seasoned and intelligent aurist.

''Eh, maybe it's that, maybe I've just caught a lusty lady ghost's eye so now she goes wailin' around after me.'', he managed not to be petty enough to laugh at that jest himself, just this once.

''Either way. The magic I'm just a bit familiar with is Flux.'', deciding not to mention his pitiful excuse for experience with Glyphing, Ein gave Clyde a brief gaze, awaiting a reaction that'd signify he was familiar with the sorcery he mentioned. Should such a gesture not come, he'd continue. ''As me old men made sure I never forget, the shyke was practiced by soldiers back in Suvan. It's pretty much just about compressing ye Djed into partial areas of the body to augment ye physical capability. Though it does expose ye body to more stress too... As for what I can do with it... well, surprisingly enough, me Flux is one of the main reasons I've not been eaten alive by a random ungodly buggery from the Prairie yet.'', he presented another shrug, expecting Clyde to be a far cry from impressed, seeing as he appeared to have a rather dismissive attitude on brawn, and seeing as Ein kind of used the only magic he knew for just that.

The petch is an aura though?
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Featherbane

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 14th, 2017, 1:07 am

While he examined the man physically, his aura at this point told a somewhat different story. Something that had been there before seemed to flicker, perhaps something he'd not even noticed upon it until it began to diminish. After a bit it returned, occasionally flickering again. He could only assume it had something to do with what he'd said, though he wasn't sure what that had been or what such a thing meant.

His somewhat stoic reaction, and forced expression, did seem to hit at what that might be.

Regardless, Einar did move on to live up to his end of the current agreement, telling Clyde about the magic he used. Flux. He was vaguely familiar with the magic, though particular details and mechanics were always useful.

His description of it did seem a bit odd, and perhaps was true in the mans own eyes. Perhaps it was even true to some degree in the more literal sense, though he figured there was more to the magic than the man said or understood.

“Flux... A personal magic, right? I think I've heard of it before.”

Nodding to himself, Clyde pondered for a few moments, considering the mans words throughout the conversation. Coming to a decision, Clyde proceeded with his planned offer.

“Compressing, as in shifting djed from one place in the body to another? Or... Lessening it in one place, so as to allow you to increase it in another.”

Pausing once more, Clyde tapped Cha a few times on the ground, before focusing his gaze on Einor with a serious stare.

“Well, being a personal mage, it appears you meet my requirements for the aforementioned favor I thought you might be able to do. Here it is, and rather simple. I have a job I do here on Sahova. However for the particular project I have coming up, an additional resource is needed to complete it. Namely, a second personal mage besides myself. I'll have things ready to start by tomorrow. You come back then, and help me complete the first phase of my project. Then give me a few days to finish my project, say three or four days from now, come back, and we'll work on your project.”

“I give no promises your project will work, but I'll do my best as I can. So long as you do your best for my bit, and don't petch things up. So, that's my offer. Deal?”

After offering his deal, Clyde would hold out his empty hand not holding Cha for the two of them to shake on it. If he took the deal as it stood Clyde would usher Einar out, and head into his lab to prepare for the next day. If not then they'd have further discussion to continue with.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Featherbane

Postby Belugnir on August 15th, 2017, 1:22 pm

At the remark about Flux being a personal magic, Einar gave a dumb nod, not fully sure what the man was referring to, as he was never introduced to the difference between world magics and personal ones. Then he further nodded away as Clyde pondered the meaning of his description, truly unsure of how else to describe what he did whenever he used Flux. It was odd, the better he was getting at the sorcery, the harder it was to try putting it's effect into words. Then Clyde offered the deal and a handshake with it.

''Well, it sounds fine enough to me., with a firm step forward, he took the sorcerer's hand and shook on it. As for not petchin' things up... well a man can try. Eh? As for Clyde living up to his end of the bargain, well, at least Ein knew where to find the bugger, and it was unlikely he'll just disappear on him like certain Sunberthian employees whenever ye need to cash in your efforts... seeing as they were in the arguably most isolated place this side of the soddin' continent. After hopefully hearing the exact timing for their meeting tomorrow, Ein would leave Clyde to whatever work he was doing and head back to his room for a fine, long round of sleeping, telling himself not to forget to ask the sorcerer what the petch is an 'aura' and a 'personal mage' the next time they meet.
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Featherbane

Postby Madeira Dusk on October 12th, 2018, 7:41 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Belugnir

Skills
  • Observation: 3xp
  • Socialization: 4xp
  • Planning: 1xp
  • Persuasion: 2xp
  • Negotiation: 3xp
  • Rhetoric: 1xp
  • Logic: 2xp
  • Teaching: 1xp

Lores
  • Clyde Sullins: apparent big-shot wizard
  • Clyde Sullins: not someone to be pushed around
  • Planning: think before you speak
  • Socialization: sincere apology?
  • Clyde Sullins: overconfident and long-winded
  • Lore of Auristics
  • Auristics: shows dijed usage
  • Cha: Clyde Sullins magecraft staff
  • Negotiation: sealing an agreement with a handshake

Awards & Retribution

Notes
Belugnir is a fun read. I particularly enjoy his inner monologs. Completely unrepentant bastards are so rare these days. ;)

Make sure you thank Antipodes for bringing these painfully old threads to my attention!

Clyde Sullins

Skills
  • Logic: 2xp
  • Planning: 2xp
  • Organization: 1xp
  • Socialization: 1xp
  • Intimidation: 2xp
  • Negotiation: 2xp
  • Deduction: 2xp

Lores
  • Chaos: it's own strange brand of logic
  • Auristic technique: skimming for stray dijed
  • Socialization: angry tirade
  • Belugnir: impertinent and rude
  • Negotiation: the Power Move
  • Flux: personal; magic
  • Belugnir: personal magic mage

Awards & Retribution

Notes
Come back soon! Where else will we get out arrogant, blustery and frightfully intelligent wizard fix? :p
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous