Closed A Sick Man's Game (Kelski)

Neras meets Kelski in the strangest of situations.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

A Sick Man's Game (Kelski)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on January 21st, 2018, 8:12 am

Timestamp: 9th of Winter, 517AV
Who: Kelski and Neras

Walking into the Pig Foot tavern, the young Sun Birth recruit was looking for work. The owner Merv was pretty reliable source of jobs, so he figured that he wanted to keep his source of income happy with him. Loyalty to job provider was important for mercenary work because he didn't want to talk to another provider because their jobs could conflict with the jobs given to him by Merv. This conflict could cause a whole lot of shyte for the young man trying to make a name for himself in the city. Walking up to the bar, he was dressed in his leather armor and strapped to his side was his short sword and angle knife. He left his short bow at the barracks because he knew that he wouldn't be accepting jobs dangerous to have his bow too. The teenager slide into bar stool, and he waited for Merv to approach him. When the bartender saw him, the old man walked over to him and asked with no smile, “Jinx, you are alive. I am kind of surprised...”

The teenager put his elbows on counter and propped his head in his hands and asked with a smirk, “Why do you always doubt my want and need to survive, Merv? Besides. When I die, I won't be collecting dust in a dumpster fire like Sunberth.” The rogue blew a piece of hair from his eyes and continued with a chuckle, “I promise you that old man that will be buried in a really city like Ravok or Riverfall with a herd of grandchildren around my grave.”

Merv shook his head and respond, “You aren't the only cocky little shyte that said those exact same words, Jinx. There is plenty of graves with young fools in Sunberth. Who believed that they were the greatest thing since running water.”

Neras shook his head and said simply, “Running water and pipes are amazing invention, but I might be cocky, but I get the job done. What wrong with a little confidence?”

Merv looked at him and said simply, “There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, and arrogance tends to get you killed or hated and eventually killed. Remember those words, Kid.” Putting the mug on the counter behind him, he said with nod, “I don't have any jobs for you, but you are part of the Sun Birth's now. Check with your commander if you are fishing for a fight. He might have something for you.”

Neras didn't have any money for a drink, so he gave the old man a nod. The half breed knew the arrogance was a act since he needed this fake strength to get him through the day. Life since his mother died was miserable, and he wondered if it would be just easier for him to just throw himself into the harbor. These thoughts plagued his mind for a chime or two, but they tended to replaced by the red haired man cutting his mother throat. The young half breed knew that he couldn't die till that man was dead, so he used this hatred to fuel his fire to keep going. Walking down the street, he really wasn't in a hurry to get back to the barracks. He lived there now, but it didn't seem like home. To Neras, it was just a safe place to lay his head. He hadn't made any friends yet, so he was pretty much alone. It wasn't like he needed friends in the gang either. For Neras right now, it was better just to not get attached to anyone because he didn't need or want the bird shyte that comes with friends or attachments. Besides he was apart of a gang, and he wouldn't doubt for a tick that they would stab him in the back if given the chance. Trust was earned both ways, and until they prove that he could trust them with his life. Petch them!

When Neras got to the doors of the barrack, he opened them walked in the structure. Lifting up his hand, he showed another raider his new brand on the top of his wrist. He didn't say anything as he walked through the crowd of people. The young man walked to his room, opened his door, and fell on backwards in his cot. He really should out on his padded leather, but he wasn't in the mood. Merv's words bothered him. Was he being to confident? Should he tone the ego down? He really didn't want to be stabbed in the back by his comrades. Letting those questions fade from his mind, he decided to play it safe and join the rest of the raiders in the common area, so he took off his normal leather armor and put on his Dragoon attire. The padded leather was nice since it gave extra protection, but he was not used to the shield at all. It seemed bulky, but he needed to learn how to use it since he was a part of the “Knights of Sunberth”.

When he got his uniform, the half breed strolled walked into the commons area. Neras looked for a nice empty wall and sat down on the floor. As he looked at the other recruits, he started to wonder why he joined them. The Dragoons were definitely organized like a military, so for the young rogue, the Sun's Birth seemed like a whole different world from the world that he grew up in. This world gave him protection and regular meals, but to him, he didn't feel as free as he did as a freelance mercenary. With the Sun Birth, he was just apart of machine. He was just a bolt. As he sat on the floor, the teenager thought to himself, 'Is this really what I want?'

Suddenly, Neras was approached by another Dragoon, and he got to his feet. He wasn't quite sure if he needed to salute, so he just said with a nod, “How can I help you?”

The Dragoon nodded to him and said simply, “Marshal Jaren Joander summoned you to his apartment?”

Neras raised a eyebrow in confusion. He was just a grunt. What would a marshal want with him? The half breed ran a hand threw his hair and said with a nod, “Well, I guess...I can't say no. Lead the way.”

As they walked down the hall, the Dragoon looked at him and asked, “You new aren't you?”

The rogue said with a nod, “Yep. I am joined about a week ago. I figured Sun Birth was better than just being a being shanty town trash.” The half breed smirk at the other recruit, “Having regular meals a day is always a good motivator to change your destiny.”

The other Dragoon gave him a knowing smile, “Your are quite right, Neras.”

They walked down the hallway making idle chit-chat to pass the time. When he got the apartment door, the other Dragoon gave him a nod and walked back down the hall. Looking at the door, the new recruit wondered if he did something wrong since he was summoned to the marshals personal suite. He started to go threw all things in his mind that he possible have done to get in trouble. It wasn't a long, but he started to come up with excuses for his commanding officer. Raising his hand to the door, he started to knock the exquisite double door and waited for a response.
Last edited by Neras Frostfawn on February 25th, 2018, 6:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Words: 75172
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2018, 6:27 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on January 21st, 2018, 5:10 pm

Jaren Joander’s suite was the largest in The Barracks. Its posh doors were a stark contrast to the rest of the building, which had a tendency to look worn out and somewhat fast tracked towards decay. Their gilded handles were the type that had obviously been scrounged and installed from elsewhere because their fit was not perfect. However, the gilded gold formed leaves that arched up and allowed a person to grasp it and pull.

It was definitely not the type of setup where one would walk right in. Instead, there was a knocker that could be used and if Neras made use of it he would be invited in immediately with an invitation called through the double doors.

Upon opening the double affair, an elegant main room would be revealed. Filled with carefully scrounged and acquired wealth, the long windows were draped with velvet and a huge bed dominated a dais on the far side of the room. The suite was a single room though it was artfully divided up into sections, with the bed’s dais making up the far wall. To the right was a work area with a huge elaborate wooden table that was elegantly carved and surrounded by velvet padded matching chairs equally large. It looked like it had been scavenged from a King’s banquet table. Oddly enough it was cleaned off and polished to a high gleam.

The entire suite was clean, without a spot of dirt anywhere. To the far side was a sitting area with an artfully arranged set of wing chairs around what looked like a fancy hearth for warming the entire room. A door lead to another area out of sight that must have been some sort of spare room.

It looked like the space a Hedonist would inhabit. The whole thing was designed for visual pleasure and luxury.

The walls were decorated with tapestries, paintings, and sculptures that added to the elegance. Surfaces were minimally decorated, but where they were the pieces selected looked expensive and exquisitely flawless. Where there was wood, it gleamed. Where there was glass it was highly polished.

Jaren stood near the large table, surveying a silver tray with multiple tools laid out on it. He glanced up at Neras as he walked in and offered him a slight smile. “Ahhh come in, young Neras. I had an unusual opportunity for you today, and I wanted to make sure it did not pass you up.” He said, beckoning the young man into the room further. “I know you are a new recruit but I’ve heard nothing but good about you. I even heard you are willing to do what it takes to get ahead. All qualities I respect.” Jaren said, setting the tray down on the table.

Jaren didn’t bother to introduce himself. It would be unheard of for Neras not to know who Jaren was, after all.

“I have a project today and I find myself reluctant to get my hands dirty doing it. I have meetings most of the morning, and since this is a delicate and very private matter, I need to leave it in someone’s hands that is more than capable of doing the job right. There will be a bit of blood involved….” Joren’s lip curled in distaste. “And I’d rather not be here for it. Do you know what these tools are?” He said, beckoning down at the tray.

He’d give Neras a chance to answer after looking over the tray. It was filled with very large metal needles that looked wicked in their origins. Some were slightly curved at the end, but most were various widths and incredibly long, looking more like the probes a scientist would use to tease apart a something they were dissecting than anything else. Jaren gave Neras a long time to look them over before he moved to a side table, pulled something else out, and rested them on the table next to the assortment of tools on the silver tray.

These helped Neras understand what the long needles were. It was a dish filled with gleaming silver studs and earrings. Most were plain, the type one used when one first got a piercing. Some were round, some straight, some were even little bars. It would be clear that this was a piercing setup and the dish was filled with what went in the piercings.

“I even have alcohol for you to dip the needles in. My healer says this is a necessary step even though it causes the wounds to burn fiercely. I do not want my pet getting an infection just because I want to decorate her.” He said firmly, gesturing to the same side table that held another dish and a tall bottle of spirits.

Jaren moved away then, still letting Neras look at the objects, and walked to the other room. He opened the door without knocking and peeked his head in. “Take your clothing off, Kelski. Put that pretty silk robe on I gave you… and present yourself presently.” Jaren said, closing the door behind him.

“I have a new pet. She’s a jeweler and I feel like though she’s lovely on her own, she should be decorated to the extent her skills can be displayed in the jewelry that hangs from her. She is without flaw now, and I am loathe to do it, but I will because I want her to be a display piece… much like my suite and indeed much like everything in life reflects one’s wealth.” He added, gesturing to the table.

“I don’t know how difficult she will be for the process. It is one of the reasons I don’t want to be here for all of it other than maybe the first one. This table should suffice as a workstation. If she gives you too much difficulty, I’ve left rope on the chair there for you to tie her down. She’s a Kelvic, so remember she’s not human and it doesn’t matter. Stretch her out here… but clean up any blood afterwards. I want her beautifully adorned by the time I return. And I will hold you completely responsible for any infection she gets. I don’t want to see disease in my pets. They are my show pieces.” He added, then grinned a very smug grin.

At that moment, the slave in question entered, approaching Jaren reluctantly. Kelski had no idea what was going on but it scared her that he’d wanted her to undress and don a robe. She was not the small delicate creature he might have expected. Instead she was 5’8” with unusual coloring and flashing grey eyes that noticed everything.

The slave came to a stop before Jaren, who immediately grasp her by the shoulders and turned her around to face Neras.

“I want to do a lot of work to her, but for now I want to start with her ears and nose. I’ve taken the liberty to sketch out her face and where I want the piercings to happen. And in a stroke of genius, I noticed one of Callaway’s slaves pierced on their chest with a bar. I’d like that too… right here over her pectoral muscle… but I want two.” He said enthusiastically. Kelski had no idea who Callaway was but she assumed it was a friend of Jaren’s or someone he admired.

The Kelvic took the time to process what Jaren had been saying, her alarm growing, as she studied the young man Jaren was addressing and leaving instructions too. She said nothing, just shifted nervously, and waited. The Kelvic had long learned not to argue with her Master. Things never changed for the better when that happened, but often went worse.

“I expect her to be unmolested except for the piercings when I get back as well. And speaking of… I had intended to stay for one or two of these… but its getting so late I’m going to have to go. Make sure she’s well and truly ready to be adorned in the near future. … and I wanted to thank you for doing this favor. I will consider it a personal favor for me and I will definitely be open to cashing one in for you later.” Jaren gave Neras a big smile, clapped him on the shoulder, then gave Kelski a pet like one would stroke a favorite dog. Then, still in a hurry, he shrugged into a jacket near the door and left abruptly… not giving Neras a chance to answer any questions…
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on January 22nd, 2018, 4:48 am

Neras eyes widened in amazement when he saw the amount of money put into his superior's apartment. It was started with the ridiculous amount of money the man put into his door handles. Each handle was either made of pure gold or made to look like real gold, and it was the design was of leaves being chained together into shape of handle. For the street kid, it was absurd way to spend your money, but when he got into the room, he realized that he never seen so much money in his life. He lived in a small apartment with his mother most of his life, and they barely were able to afford food at times. However, Jaren Joander seemed to have enough gold to turn his large apartment into a place where royalty wouldn't mind staying for the weekend. The thief kept his hands safely in his pockets, so he wouldn't get the urge to lift anything from his commanders place. On the streets, he had a bad habit of just putting things into his pockets. The apartment was spotless, and he figured that he probably had a maid or just got unlucky recruits to clean his place. He hoped his commander didn't order him to clean otherwise he might be going home with heavier pockets.

The apartment was awe inspiring to the young Sunberther, and he was actually curious about this Marshal Jaren Joander. He hoped the man was just a typical Sunberther kid who worked his way up in the world. When he saw him, the man was standing by a large table. To Neras, Jaren seemed like a typical human. The man was well groomed from his hair to his facial hair, and he seemed to carry himself with a hint of superiority. The rogue didn't care because he seemed approachable with the smile on his face. As the rich man started to talk, he couldn't help himself from smiling when the Marshal praised him for his drive to get ahead in life. When he set the tray on the table, he raised an eyebrow at the tools on it. Were those torture tools? Joren started to talk some more, and the Guardian just sat with his hands in his pockets listening to him. He told him that he had a project that might involve quite a bit of blood. Looking at the instruments on the tray, he wondered if he was going to have to extract information out of someone.

When Jaren asked what the tools were used for, Neras gave his best answer, “Torture...?” However, he looked into the bowl next to the tray and saw a bowl of ear rings, nose rings, studs, and a bar. The half breed give him a inquisitive look when he picked up a instrument with a metal handle with a long needle in it. Setting it back down on the tray, he looked at Jaren and leaned on the table, “I am guessing. I am not torturing anyone...” Neras forgot to give him his title and said a few ticks later, “Sir.” The marshal explained that he didn't want his pet to get a infection during the process of decorating her, and he would hold him responsible if it happened. The teenager crossed his arms and said honestly with a nod, “If you give me everything to keep the tools sanitary and your pet clean, I will do my best. I am not a doctor or a healer....” When he left him alone with the tools, the rogue watched as he went to another door and started to talk to someone inside the room.

Jaren explained that he had a new pet, and she was a jeweler. The half breed nodded to himself when he realized his new pet was slave. Neras just sat there and leaning on the table as he listened to the man talk about how his slave was jeweler, and he wanted her to be a display piece for the jewelry that she made. She was possession to him just like those garish handles on his the double doors. He would mutilate this person for his own selfish desires, and he was coward for getting him to do it. As the man continued to talk, the rogue started to think the Jaren was actually a person. He didn't spend much time with slaves, but he knew some slaves lived better than the people in the city. He continued to drone on about how his slave was without flaw, and he loathed the fact that he had to do this to her, but he wanted to use her to make money. She was a reflection of him, and he wondered if the woman was as dead inside as the man standing before him. The half breed just stared at him and nodded to him as he thought to himself, 'Petch! What the hai did I sign up for...? The Sun Birth's feed me a pile of bird shyte a few weeks ago, and now I piercing a slave because this pompous arsehole is squeamish about blood...'

Neras just listened to him as he showed him the torture room. It wasn't a torture room, but it might as well be one for the poor woman. Jaren told him that he wasn't quite sure how difficult. It will be to complete the task, but he had a chair with some rope. He told him that he could use it to tie her down if she tried to struggle. The rogue just stared at him with no emotions his face. If Neras had any respect for him, it was gone, but he knew that he was put in a tough position. He knew if he refused the task. His time with the Sun Birth gang would be either short and permanent, or he would have a tough time working himself through the ranks. He couldn't refuse the task. He needed to eat and have a roof over his head. When the man said the woman was a kelvic and not human, so it didn't matter his treatment of her. The teenager just cracked his knuckles and said in a matter of fact tone with a nod, “She is your property, sir...I will treat her how you want her to be treated.”

When the slave entered the room, Neras Frostfawn eyes widened in shock at her beauty. He couldn't believe that he would want to ruin her flawless body with jewelry. He immediately thought Jaren was damn fool for wanting to mutilate her. The young man couldn't help himself from being captivated by her porcelain face, by her full lips, and her piercing gray eyes. If she wasn't a slave, he would have been the first man in line to ask her for a dance in the taverns. However, she was a slave, so he wouldn't be dancing with anyone other than Jaren. She wasn't a small women because she stood about two inches lower than himself. Realizing, he was staring at her, he adverted his eyes to the table. He turned his attention back to Jaren as he grabbed her by the shoulders and turned the woman to face him. The half breed stared at her as Jaren explained that what he wanted done to her. The young man just stared into her eyes the whole time as he was told how to mar something truly perfect. It disgusted him that he was the one who had to do it too.

When the Jaren said that he didn't want his pet unmolested, Neras just shot him a look and stated slightly insulted, “I might be a killer, but I am no rapist, Jaren. She will leave this room with her dignity intact...” He looked the slave in the eyes and said to him, but his eyes meant it for her, “On my mother's grave, you have my word...”

Jaren continued to prattle on about how he would like to stay and watch him abuse of his pet, but he had meeting to attend too. Lastly, he told him that he would owe him a favor when this ugly business was all said and done. The rogue thought to himself, 'A favor? Well you could always just die...' When Jaren was finished talking, he patted him on the shoulder, and it took everything for him not to shrug off the gesture. The man brushed her hair like a favorite puppy and vanished outside out the door.

Looking at the slave, Neras couldn't help himself and said shaking his head, “By the all the gods, he like to hear himself talk! I don't know how you put up with it everyday...” Looking at her perfect face, he said out loud to himself without thinking in Vani, “This is such a waste...”

Neras looked at the slave, motioned for her to sit in the chair, and said, “Sit. I am going to be honest with you. You master is a bastard. I was assigned with a task that I really don't want to do, but I still have to it since he is my superior.”

Kneeling down on one knee, he want to be eye level with her, “He wants your adorned with jewels, so you can impress people with your craftsmanship. If it were me, I would just have you open a shop and sell your goods, so I could enjoy the profits.” Looking at the bowl on the tray, he gave the woman a compliment, “I assume that you made all the jewelry. You are quite talented and your jewelry is quite beautiful if you were in a different of city. Your goods would sell for a good price.”

Looking at the tools on the table, he bit his lip and said gently, “I am going to be honest with you this will be painful, but I will do my best to lessen the pain. I can't guarantee the next person would give you such reassurances if I fail to complete my task.” Standing up, he said to her with a weary look, “I understand if you hate me when the job is done, so I am going to give you my name, so you will have face and name with the pain.” The rogue said simply, “You can call me Neras.”
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on January 23rd, 2018, 5:26 am

Kelski stood there with that numb feeling flooding her. It came more and more often in Jaren’s presence when he did or said something she couldn’t quite process. It only gave way to fear, which tightened a knot in her belly, when the young man that Jaren had been instructing stared her straight in the eye and promised not to rape her. What? The Kelvic Eagle glanced at the tools and the imposing table, and even the heavy chair with its rope and then let her eyes drift to the table with its tools and its sketch and dish of earrings. She took it all in and processed it as Jaren exited the room. Suddenly Jaren’s words made sense and the kelvic began to involuntarily tremble. She’d never been a coward, but this stranger had been ordered to hurt her.

She didn’t know what to do. Kelski thought about calling to the shadows in the room, but there was nothing they could really do. Grow longer? Hide her in gloom? No… she couldn’t even run. The young man before her looked fit, like catching her would be no trouble. If she only hand wings…. but the thick collar hung around her neck prevented that.

When the young man spoke, Kelski was surprised to hear the words he said. He seemed as irritated as she wanted to be behind all the fear. She found her steps taking her to the heavy chair and she perched up on it at the man’s request. At least he hadn’t stretched her out flat on the table like her Master had anticipated.

He spoke some more and the Kelvic watched him, his hands especially, waiting for them to pick up the tools. His apologetic tone brought her attention back to him and she really started listening. He didn’t want to hurt her? He thought Jaren was a bastard? He was all that and more.

The man continued talking and Kelski got the impression he was almost more speaking to reassure himself than he was to reassure her. When he offered her his name, Kelski was immediately surprised, rethinking her original assumption. She blinked at him, eyes flickering to his hands and then at the tools laid out before him on the table. She slowly nodded and in exchange offered him her name.

“My name is Kelski. My master is not a good man. He just wants things to look expensive, fancy…. and he longs for people to covet what he has. There is no thought to comfort or any thing else practical. He is… a hedonist.” The Kelvic said softly, shifting in the chair. The black silk robe was smooth under her rump and made it easy for her to wiggle round.

“I understand what you are saying and I am sorry he is doing this to you as well. I did not make those things in the dish. I would have made them far better. I’ve been waiting for him to hurt me. I honestly have. I thought he would rape me but he is afraid of the color of my tissues.” Neras could probably immediately tell what Kelski meant because the minute she started softly speaking he could see that her mouth and inner lips, indeed even her gums, were a darker color, almost blue black. “He thinks if he touches me with his body the coloring will wear off or worse…. he’s mentioned his stones blackening and falling off.” The Kelvic said, a snort of distain on her face. “I’m just glad I know how hes going to do it finally. It could have been a lot worse.” She said, glancing down at Neras’ hand.

“Like that. He could do that to me or so much worse.” She said, her sharp eyes focused on Neras’ brand. “I don’t know what it would do to my wings if I ever get to fly again. I don’t know if I would properly feather out with that mark there.” She offered, the very thought of it upsetting her. “The collar is my replacement… with its tags identifying me as his.” Kelski said softly.

“Thank you for trying to make this easier. Again… I’m sorry. Where are you going to start first?” She asked, her lithe bone-thin form shaking slightly in nervousness. He kept telling her to eat more – Jaren did – but the truth was without her ability to fly on a daily basis, Keslki was getting thin – painfully so – and losing all the body conditioning she’d had before coming into Jaren’s possession.

At least K’irr had let her fly, especially when he found out she was a decent huntress and could bring him back fat salmon without effort.

Here, things were so different. She didn’t understand why Jaren wanted her hung with metal. The man was sick, just sick, and there was nothing either her nor Neras could do.

But Kelski refused to be utterly powerless. She did have control, at least a little. She could control Jaren' s hold on the young man before her. The Kelvic surged up off the chair, grabbed at the first wicked looking needle probe on the tray. "I'll do it." She said suddenly. "I apprenticed under Master Li in Lhavit for a long time. We pierced ears especially all the time. Just help me place the needle then stand back. I've done this a lot." Kelski lied. Jaren might be piercing holes in her soul that caused peices of her sanity to slip through but she wasn't going to let Jaren hurt Neras... not at least through her. And she had seen Master Li pierce ears. He'd used ice to numb it first but no one had ever died of gems threaded through their ears.

She even made a show of pouring the liquor over the tray and dipping the needle in it before taking her seat again. "Put the point where it should go through. " She said calmly even though a storm of fear raged inside.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on January 27th, 2018, 6:41 pm

The slave introduced herself as Kelski, and she confirmed that Jaren wasn't a good man. In fact, he was hedonist who wanted everything in his possessions to be expensive and fancy this included his slaves. Neras nodded as he listened to her, and suddenly, she apologized to him for getting involved in Jaren's games. The rogue gave her a look, but he was the one who was supposed to be doing this to her, so she shouldn't be apologizing to him for the actions of her master. The kelvic admitted that the only reason why Jaren hasn't raped her yet was because of the dark coloring in her month and probably other more intimate places. He said with a nod, “If I were you, I would make him think that as long as you can Kelski. Their no need to have such a man inside you...”

There wasn't much to say about it if Jaren really wanted Kelski to warm his bed. She wouldn't have much of choice unless she did something drastic to stop him. She continued with his reasoning for not doing it yet, and Neras just shook his head in utter surprise at his marshal strange notions. Jaren thought if he slept with her his manhood would turn black and fall off. It sounded absurd, but this absurd notion kept her safe, so as long as he thought that she would disease his manhood, she wouldn't have to worry about him taking advantage of her.

She looked at the brand on his hand. It was still itching, and it still hurt when he washed his hands in water, but as the days went on. It hurt less and less. She said that Jaren threatened her with branding, and she feared the long term results of it on her wings. It was still strange for the human to think that she could change into a bird. For a moment, he wondered what her animal form was, but he never asked because it wasn't appropriate. Finally, she mention the collar wasn't her permanent collar. It was just a replacement, so he kind of wondered what happened to the original one. Suddenly she thanked him for making these ordeal easy for her and apologized for him being apart of Jaren's business. He looked at the thin woman and said, “I figure we could start on the nose first since it probably the more painful than the ear. We might as well get the hard part out of the way, Kelski.”

Suddenly, the woman launched herself from her seat in the chair, and for a moment, Neras wondered if she was going for the tools for a weapon against him or herself, but she picked on up a sharp pointy tool and told him that she pierced ears before with a Master Li. She assured him that all she needed to was for him to tell her where to stab, and she will do the rest since she did it a lot. He admired her for her courage, but he wasn't convinced that she could do all of it herself. Neras looked at her for a moment, walked to the table, jumped on to table, sat there for a tick, looked at her with concern, and said watch her hold the sharp tool to see if she was shaking, “You might be able to do the first one, but after the second, third, or fourth. Will you be able to deal with the pain to hold the tool steady enough to do the next piercing?” The rogue sighed as he looked at her and asked softly, “By doing it yourself, are you trying to protect me by being the hero? Please don't. I am not worth it...”

Still on the table top, Neras sat in silence for a moment as he looked for a way to convince her that she might be looking at the piercing all wrong. A change of perspective might help the kelvic slave coup with such a drastic change forced on her. He looked at her and said with a smirk, “Kelski, Jaren just set up guide lines for how he wanted to the piercings done to you, but we ultimately have the power on how they are arranged on you.” Reaching over he cleared the silver tray off of tools, drained the alcohol on the floor, held the reflexive surface in front of her face, and said gently, “Honestly, I think it a waste to pierce you because you're so beautiful, but we have no choice; however, even if we pierce you, you can still take them out. They are just metal.” Still holding the tray up for her, the rogue said, “For a lot of Sunberth teenagers my age getting piercing and tattoos are a form of self expression. It is way for them to make themselves unique in the mist of so much ugliness. If you want to think about it, you have the opportunity and the freedom to make yourself a Sunberther. To make you something unique even if you are just a slave. You have a chance to make yourself one of us...”
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on January 28th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Kelski nodded at Neras’ words but said little. She took advice from others about as well as the shadows took direction from the sun. That is to say, not very well at all, if people really knew them. Most freeborn didn’t understand what it was to be a slave. She didn’t expect Neras to be any different. They seemed to assess each other and the situation and then he moved and she moved, and suddenly there was tension in the room.

Kelski held the needle against her skin with trembling hands even as Neras seemed to think through the situation. His words cut her like a knife. Of course, he wouldn’t think she could do it. Kelvic. Female. Slave. No one attributed them to much. And he thought she was protecting him? No. She was defying Jaren, but Neras probably wouldn’t understand that. Jaren wanted Neras to do this to place him under his thumb a bit more, possibly to reward him or to pleasure him or even to hurt him. Kelski didn’t know. Human behavior, especially here, baffled her. Piercing things? She knew without a doubt men were monsters. This young one in front of her was probably no different.

From his seat on the table top, the young man seemed to contemplate. When he said his next words she knew he lied. Jaren hadn’t set up guidelines. He’d given the man a Gods’ cursed diagram for where he wanted pain inflicted and metal piercing her skin. There would be no arranging them. This young piece of filth was trying to trick her, get her in trouble, probably so he could sit back and laugh when Jaren lots his temper and ordered her punished. Akajia only knew what that would be. He mixed flattery with his deception, lowering his voice and pitching his cadence so that he urged her to believe him. He told her some fanciful tale of Sunberth youth defiantly wearing metal. She’d seen none of that. The youth she had observed had been thin begging creatures half starved and just one meal short of death. If they had been well fed and well dressed, they were with people who were strong like The Sun’s Birth or even the Daggerhands.

As she listened she quietly dropped her hand holding the needle but kept it in her grip. It was a weapon of a sorts, one she had no experience in, but in truth something to defend herself with. Kelski might have believed her if he would have kept the alcohol in the tray where she’d poured it over the tools, but he drained it onto the floor, wasting away any chance she had of not getting sick from the dirty things piercing her skin.

“You don’t know anything about freedom. You have it and you don’t even realize it. Like everyone here they live in filth and drown in it, not even realizing it’s happening. Don’t give me your lies. There is no defiance in hurting myself artistically. I saw that sketch he gave you where he said he wanted the wounds made. You poured the alcohol out. If you wanted me to trust you, there are things you could have done but these words and actions are not one of them. Don’t dress up something in fancy pearls to try to cover up what it really is. I have very sharp eyes. I will still see what’s beneath the pearls. I am not one of you. I am not of Sunberth and I will never be of Sunberth. I don’t need to try to be unique. I already am. It is you that are all the same. It is you that are ugly and rotten on the inside. And you all, every single one of you, want everyone else to be just as ugly.” Rage boiled up inside, a white hot lightening sort that she’d been burying deep since she had been sold to Jaren.

She leapt off her seat and bolted.

Kelski ran hard for the door, arms out, knowing he was still perched on the table and it would take him a moment to react. Jaren never locked his outside doors. He was too arrogant. He only locked his inside door… her workroom… to keep her in. Even with the collar she was going to fly. She was going to leave this insane youth behind and this insane situation and get free of this whole place. Kelski had been prepared to do the work herself, if anything to keep herself safe and the wounds cleaned and this boy out of the mix. But he couldn’t be trusted. He was just like they were.

When Kelski hit the big fancy double doors, she’d throw them open with all her might and hit the hallway still running.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on February 1st, 2018, 6:57 pm

Kelski had the complete opposite reaction to him trying to persuade her to accept the piercings. The kelvic woman started quickly let him have it when he tried to persuade her that kids of Sunberth got piercings when they were older. It didn't work because she must have already saw some of the half starved kids from the shanty town. The only ones who really got piercings were the kids who learned how to adapt in the harsh reality of the city. They made it in the world as business owners, labors, mercenaries, or gang members. His intentions were try to convince her to make the most of a shytey situation and wear them proudly, but she saw his good intentions as him trying to deceive her into accepting more chains. When she called him ugly and everyone in the city as ugly caused him to flinch because he knew some truly good people in the city. His mother was one of them. He was just a survivor, and he did what he had to do to get ahead. Yes, he killed men and women as a mercenary or defending himself, but he never did cold blooded murder. He didn't want to be a victim in a city where the victim tended to be stepped on or worse. However, he was young, so he took the words as a insult, and he thought to himself, 'What the petch! I was trying to be nice to you, and you throw it in my face!'

The youth face darkened with those words, and he was about to go off on the slave girl, but she already jumped out of her seat and bolted out the door. With the silver tray still in hand, he jumped off the table and bolted after the runaway. Even if it was storage room, it didn't take much effort to run down; however, he did stumbled slightly on the spilled alcohol; however, he was able gain his balance by jumping on to a dry patch of ground. He surprised how quickly she could run because she looked extremely malnourished. He saw the silk robe flowing around the corner of the door, and he did his best to catch up, but he was still about ten feet behind her. As he was running, he wondered to himself if she ever dropped the tool in her hand. If she didn't, he might have a fight on his hand if he happened to catch her. As he continued to run and weave around the furniture, he could tell that he was loosing ground on the swift kelvic. Dropping the tray because it was awkward, he picked up a small crystal vase with a flower in it. It was easy to grip and easier to throw. Neras knew if he was going to catch her. He would need to find a way to slow her down. He didn't want to loose the marshals slave. He knew that he would be in a world of hurt if he did. However, he did mental accept that he was going to get in serious trouble for letting her get free in the first place. Neras thought to himself, 'Why the petch aren't any of the doors locked?'

Kelski threw open the fancy double doors and started running down the hallway. Neras knew that he needed to stop her, so out of desperation, he stopped, locked his eyes on her back, prayed to Morwen for assistance, and threw the crystal vase, with the flower and water still in it, at her. Morwen must have been listening to his prayer because the vase hit it's mark. A sigh of relief was let out by him when the vase hit his mark. He knew Morwen was still gone, but he had still believe that she was still watching out for her children in spirit even the half breed mutts like himself. Neras didn't wait for her to react because he needed to move quickly now. He bolted down the hallway. Grabbed the wrist with piercing tool with his left hand, he needed to control the weapon at least if he struggled any further. He would have to take her down, so he mental prepared for her go for his man-parts first. He would and had done it in the past. He just wondered how much fight the woman had in her left. He just hoped and prayed that she would give up, but he doubted it.
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on February 2nd, 2018, 3:09 pm

Kelski ran as if she had hounds on her tail, not one scrawny teenage Sun Birth member. He was just like the rest, wanting to lie and ultimately hurt her. It was in a way a last straw. She’d been good here, patient, kind, quiet, and hadn’t caused problems. Neras said she needed to rebel, well in a way she was. The Kelvic knew she was strong, fast, and ultimately, she’d survive this young human too. Hitting the double doors and flinging them open, she barreled out of them. Running as fast as her feet could hit the floor she surged forward, sure she could taste freedom now.

Something large and heavy struck the middle of her back, then fell to tangle in her feet. It was heavy and it hurt badly, thrusting the kelvic forward and straight into a faceplant on the floor. She dropped the piercing tool she held as a weapon, flung it away actually, because she put both hands out to catch herself and to keep her face from meeting the rough wood of the floor. She would have been okay, she would have recovered, and been able to scramble to her feet to continue the run but a heavy body slammed into her. One strong hand clamped on her wrist and the Kelvic finished collapsing belly first on the floor with the weight of the teen on her. She struggled, but he outweighed her by a good fifty pounds. The kelvic used to be bigger, but she’d dropped weight during her enslavement to the point she was overly thin.

And she knew enough to realize with a male on top of her, holding her down, the best thing to do was to not struggle. Struggling lead to the males getting even more angry. The Kelvic froze. Escape and a safer attempt to flee would come later. For now she tried to still her wildly beating heart and instead found herself lying on the rough hewn planks of the hall shaking like a leaf. It was an involuntary reaction that caused her to clamp down on her jaw to try and keep her teeth from chattering. She breathed through her nose, fighting to get control of her fear. But there was no stopping the involuntary reaction.

Neras would feel it from where he had her pinned down.

A shadow was cast across the hallway then as one of the tall guards that generally shadowed Jeran and even Kelski appeared. Darvin turned the corner, quirked up an eyebrow and crossed his arms across his chest. He paused a moment, as if indecisive as to whether to step in or not. Then he walked forward and squatted down so he was eye level with Neras, amusement coursing through his face. “Jaren’s orders were to pierce her, not petch her in the hall boy.” He said, shaking his head and glancing down at the Kelvic. Something unreadable flickered across his features. He dug into his pocket, pulled out a small vile, and with his own teeth plucked the cork out of it. He reached down, twisted the Kelvic’s face to one side, pinched her nose until her chattering jaw opened, then poured the contents of the vile down her throat… dropping the glass vile a moment so he could pinch her nose and hold her mouth shut until she swallowed.

It didn’t take long, and the big guard was retrieving both the vile and the cork from where he spit it out and replaced them in his pocket. He stood up. “If you don’t have the stones to do it, I’ll be right out here. That should calm her down and cause her to float. She won’t feel much, and the little bird might talk a lot. You might put her on the table because it will be a couple of bells before she can stand or sit on her own… unless you want to do it on the floor. Jaren doesn’t think you can. I have more faith in you than that. You are lucky he’s not ordering you to clean out some of tent city and kill babies. It’s just putting holes in a slave, Neras. They have no value. Put your life above others and you will live longer.” The big guard said then stood fully upright and moved back.

By that time Kelski had completely relaxed under the teen. Her body was limp and though her eyes were wide and her pupils dilated, there was no more struggle from her.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Neras Frostfawn on February 6th, 2018, 6:31 am

When Neras grabbed her wrist, she immediately went belly first into the hard ground. Angry and still insulted at her previously comment about him being ugly. He brought back the wrist, hand, and arm behind her back. He was incomplete control of her, so he decided to said quietly with a hint of anger in his voice, “I understand that you are angry, and I would be pissed if I was in your situation, but you were completely petching wrong about my intentions. You don't know me! You label everyone in the city as ugly, but there are a lot of good people in this trash fire of a city. My mother was one of them. I was one of them before she was killed by the gods. No sixteen year old should watch his mother being slaughtered like a pig. If you want to be angry at anyone, be angry at the bastard who sold you into this nightmare! When the world treats you like a possession, the gods forbid someone tries to treat you like a person. Go petch yourself, Kelski...”

Feeling her start to shake under him, Neras started to feel sorry for the woman. He realized that he probaly scared her even more after his outburst, but he was angry. Why should he be lumped into the same category as Jeran. The rogue heard heavy footsteps someone walking down the hall. He was approached by a white haired old man who looked like a grizzled old mercenary. He knelt down with a amused look on his face and accused him of trying to petch Kelski in the hallway. The rogue growled in anger and was about to give the old man a nasty retort, but the man got up and pulled something out of his pocket and poured it down her mouth. He was clearly drugging the woman. It would have been so much easier if he had the solution ahead of time. Neras got to his feet and the old man taunted him again. He knew that he couldn't do anything to the man, so he took the verbal abuse, but he decided to say something at the killing babies comment, “I don't see the difference in killing babies in Shanty Town or torturing a his kelvic slave. They are both rotting fruit in a shyty basket.”

Neras looked around for the piercing tool on the floor and found it. Walking over to the kelvic, he knelt down put the kelvic arm around his shoulder and lifted her with his feet. Looking at the grey haired man, he had no anger in his eyes for him. He was just employed by the same bastard who asked him to pierce his slave. Neras said to the grey haired man, “I don't know your name, but I do value my life that why I going to finish the job that petcher wanted me to do, but I don't have to like it.” Looking at the old man, Neras said simply, “Thank you for the advice.”

Neras walked down the hall back to the apartment trying to support Kelski and not drop her. Looking over at the gray haired man and admitted with a nod, “I let my compassion for her situation get in the way of my better judgment. I think. I need to learn how to bury it in this kind of work. Do you know where I can find some more alcohol. The Marshal didn't want his pet to get a infection otherwise I can't finish the job...”

The teenager knew that she was his charge, so he didn't let the old man help him. He doubted that he would by the old Sunberther. The walk across the apartment was tough because she was basically dead weight at this point. He could feel the muscles his legs start to burn as he got midway through the apartment. When he got to the storage room, he walked her over to the table and heaved the kelvic onto it. He laid her down and moved her legs on top of it. The rogue promised her that he would keep her dignity intact, so he made sure that her breasts and other intimate parts were covered by the silk robe. Taking the rope, he tied to the leg of the table and started to wrap it under the table and over her legs, torso, and he eventually pulled it tight till she tied to the table. Looking at the old man, he said if he had the alcohol, “I am going to lock the door before I begin if you are going to stay there is a chair on the room somewhere on the floor. Is there a place that I can boil water. I should wash the tools before I begin..”
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on February 7th, 2018, 4:06 am

Neras’ words burned into her. He claimed she was wrong, and maybe she was, but his actions spoke far differently than his words. It was true she didn’t know him, but it was also true that everyone in Sunberth was ugly… everyone she’d met. If they weren’t ugly, the city killed you. She believed that… and wasn’t surprised Neras’ mother – if she was indeed good – was dead.

The Kelvic spit out her words breathlessly in a throaty whisper. “This city is a corpse. We are all living in a giant rotting corpse and dying a little each day as the world breaks it down and it decays. I can see it. I can smell it. You should be able too as well. It kills people… the good ones first. The bad ones thrive.” She hissed between chattering teeth, terrified beyond belief.

She couldn’t help but agree with him and his shyty basket comment. But she had no breath for words because her head was already floating. The Kelvic slowly relaxed, sprawled out on the floor like a landed fish. She even flopped a bit as the drug worked its way into her limbs, loosening them up. Darvin was there somehow, and Kelski wasn’t surprised at that. He was a fixture in her life. One that didn’t bother her so much because as long as she left him alone and didn’t cause him any problems, he was almost kind to her. And this… in its own way… was another kindness.

Kelski reached out a limb, one that felt incredibly long and almost spiderlike. Was she a spider now? And touched the older guard, smiling…. “I stopped shaking…” She said proudly, then let her arm fall. Her other one was around Neras’ shoulder and he was somehow supporting her as she seemingly floated back into Jaren’s chamber and then into the spare room where she worked.

“Where are we going?” She asked happily, glad to be going somewhere finally. Kelski hated being penned up in the room she lived and worked in. It was a relief to be getting out. “Wait… this room looks just like my room. Weird that there are two exactly the same…” She said as Neras secured her to the table. Darvin had followed and flopped himself down in a chair which he pulled up next to the table.

He withdrew a flask from his beltline and took a long pull off the alcohol in it just as Neras asked him where to find more booze. He grinned with good humor and promptly replied… “I have no idea.” As he took another pull off his flask. With that shit eating grin still on his bearded face, Darvin pointed towards Jaren’s main room. “Try his bar. It’s probably fully stocked.” He suggested.

“Use her forge to boil water. If it can melt water I’m sure it can boil water.” Darvin said happily. Then he waited to see if Neras was going to go fetch water from Kelski’s water pitcher or alcohol from Jaren’s bar. If the boy moved away from where he’d secured the Kelvic, the big old guard would rise and wander over to the girl. “Little bird, you are in for a world of hurt now. I suggest you just relax. And don’t worry. I’m here if you start to cry. I’ll give you something else to make it feel better.” He said, meaning he’d redose her if her current hit of drug didn’t put her deep enough into kelvic lala land.

Then his curiosity got the better of him and he parted the robe where it crossed the apex of her thighs. He reached out with a curious fingers and parted flesh to stare at the girl where she laid. “Well, by Leth’s hairy balls… you are black skinned down here. No wonder Jaren leaves you alone.” He said to the kelvic in a soft voice, not meaning anything sexual by his actions, just being curious while he had the kelvic down.

Kelski lifted her head, looked at Darvin, and shook her head. “So ugly… I know… so so ugly. I’m sorry. Don’t look at it.” The kelvic tried to struggle, but her limbs were heavy. Darvin just chuckled and pulled the robe back into place. “Little bird, ugly is in the heart of the beholder. You are a lovely little thing, trust me, and if I wasn’t so fond of you I’d climb on and have myself a ride. Even I have my limits to beautiful helpless ladies laid out on tables. But keep being ugly in their eyes. You are safer that way.” He said, whispering low so Neras might not hear.

He was innocently back in his seat when the teen returned. Kelski, however, was restless. “Neras, I’m sorry I lied to you. I’m so sorry… I don’t like lies. I didn’t want you to do this… I didn’t want anyone to do anything Jaren wants because its never enough.. not with him.. not soon…. I don’t even want to do what he wants, but I’m so afraid…. And I can’t fly. I keep hoping if I do things he wants he’ll let me fly. But the metal will not let me fly. I can’t change with all the metal. Its another collar….” She said, trying to twist her shoulders against where Neras had bound her. However, if they were big moves in her mind, they were only slight twitches in reality.

Darvin rose to his feet and wandered over to Kelski’s head. “Shhh little bird. You need to be quiet for a while. Neras needs to follow Jaren’s instructions and you’ll help him best by being quiet.” He stroked her face slightly, grinned a bit, and then ran his hand down her arm. “You don’t want to fly here anyhow…” Darvin said as he made his way back to his seat…. “… the air up there isn’t very breathable.” He added, knowing the slag heap poisoned the skies more often than naught.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next