OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Alona Halloran on January 25th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Hello everyone! I've met some of you on the Discord, but I figured I'd post to introduce myself to the rest of the players here. Alona will be joining this Winter as a carpenter (as soon as I finish preparing her for her first thread) and I can't wait to get that started.
Alona Halloran
Player

Words: 29090
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 26th, 2018, 3:46 am

Just a couple of admin things folks!

First, welcome Alona! I Know you are going to be great in Syka. Welcome back, Bay'lin. Hopefully you have fun with the coral stuff. And welcome Tailyn! I can't wait to read some of your potentially birdbrained threads.

I will be posting my big post on the Quest thread tomorrow. I meant to do it tonight but I went a full round with a pint sized awesome dentist and my face looks like I didn't win. So be ready for that tomorrow. I have a couple of thousand words written for it already so brace yourself for the depth we need to go to in order to get this moving. Then I will be posting every few days. You have just a tiny smidgen of time to get in on the quest if you are still interested, but slow posters will be sold as slaves in thread or left behind depending on my mood.

And finally... Gamut. I retired her/him and his dozen alts. Old player, pops back up randomly and never finished threads.... so I was not sad about this. All of you saw my warnings in the week past, so there was no reason to have that many alts then start another just to stir shit and leave. We don't do that here. We play to have fun and not cause havok unless its good clean IC havok. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 27th, 2018, 8:40 pm

I just wanted to point a few things out really quick. I know I've mentioned this before, but if you need to see who an NPC is or be reminded of the cast of characters in Syka... I have laid them out neatly for everyone inThe Syka NPC Masterlist. Every NPC is there along with their bio and skill list/gnosis marks, etc. Its super handy to open this as a tab in say things like a big quest where half the cities NPCs are gathered and you don't know who the fuck is who. :) Just a hint. I keep it on speed dial in my quick links so I can have it up and keep the spelling, notes on the NPCs all together.

Also... I suggest everyone read over this posting: RP, Thread, Quest, & Plotting Help. I've answered a lot of questions in chat lately that are already answered here. I feel like I need to add to it as well, and I probably will, but I'll do it in a different post in my scrap one of these days.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 1st, 2018, 3:24 am

Hi Guys...

I have a couple of housekeeping things!

First off... I've accepted a lot of moderated threads this week because nice people have asked me nicely. If you post something for me please put a (Gossamer) in the title so I can find it. Makes it a lot easier on me!

If you wanted to know what the strangers look like, here's an idea:

Strangers :

They have metallic scaled skin and bright eyes... elongated clawed hands.

Guys be sure you understand parameters on images in the forums. Signatures, Box Codes, etc all have size limits.

If your box/style codes are two images (like one at the top and one at the bottom) please cut down the images so they both aren't 700x500.

Thanks!

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 1st, 2018, 4:53 am

I think I have the three mod requests covered that I was asked to do. Let me know if I missed someone. I'm headed to bed very shortly after I do some work in Alvadas for Cham since its been a very long and brutal day.

I'll get to other more PC posts tomorrow.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 3rd, 2018, 3:07 pm

Hi Folks.

Please understand if you want to claim land, there is a way to go about it. You must do a solo thread or have a moderated thread by me - most people opt for solos - where you discuss your place in the settlement with a founder, get set up with land, and then.... only then... you post a location for your land in the approvals area under Paradise Rediscovered. Once I approve it, then and only then, can you post it as a location in Syka.

Thank you.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ixtli on February 4th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Hello people!
I wanted to let the ones I'm threading with know that I'll be working on replies this next couple of days; last week I was moving house and that and work really tired me up, but now I have time for writing again.
Also, thank you Goss for all of the updates in the OOC, even if there's not too many answers I swear it's really helpful to have these reminders and news regularly.
Regarding your last message, I will get started on Ixtli's solo as soon as my other posts are done :)
I have a question regarding the other modded quest of the season (the one where "unknown forces attack the settlement"), will this be up when the current quest is done? I have to admit I'm pretty interested!

Finally, I'm looking for a thread partner to teach Ixtli how to fish, if any of you guys is interested please answer here or shoot me a pm. She can offer some hunting services, survival training or anything else you see that would serve your PC.

Happy writing everyone!
Ixtli
Player

Words: 44981
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Neras Frostfawn on February 4th, 2018, 9:35 pm

I am currently teaching Aladon how to fish Ixtli. :)
Neras Frostfawn
The Delinquent

Words: 75172
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2018, 6:27 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aladon on February 4th, 2018, 9:40 pm

I was commenting from my phone didn't realize it was Neras. Neras has no worldly skills, so ignore him. I am teaching Aladon how to fish right now. In a solo when it is graded I can thread with you on how to fish. :)
Thank you Gossamer for the posting template!
Aladon
Eccentric Perfectionist

Words: 116392
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2017, 3:46 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ashka on February 4th, 2018, 11:44 pm

Ashka's already introduced a couple of people to fishing. Want to be number 3?
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext