Weapons of Legend Challenge Weekend (22-23-24)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gillar on June 25th, 2018, 4:47 am

The Weapons of Legend Challenge is now closed. Voting is now open for your favorite Weapon of Legend.

While placing your votes, please keep in mind some of the criteria set for the Weapons of Legend.

Is the submission physically a weapon or significantly weaponized to be used as one?

Do the powers and abilities the weapon possesses reflect its history and background?

Does the weapon your voting for come across as one you can see one of your characters having? Is it a weapon you can see other characters using? A Weapon of Legend is "of Legend" because it is something that has staying power. It has experiences even relationships (a rather loose, unique form of relationship) and defies expectations.

In the end, I really enjoyed this Challenge and hope you all did as well. It was wonderful seeing all the imaginative creations everyone came up with. Honestly, I didn't know how this one would turn out and if anyone would really take to it. The answer to that was loud and clear! I guarantee there will be more item challenges like this going forward.

Voting will be open until 9:00 PM Pacific Time Monday, June 25th. The Winner(s) will be announced Tuesday, June 26th at which time prizes will be announced. I wish you happy voting.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on June 26th, 2018, 4:09 am

Voting is now closed for the Weapons of Legend Challenge. This was a wonderful challenge; an epic one with many terrific submissions and some excellent ideas for weapons. Thank you all for your participation and effort in coming up with these fantastic items.

We have a winner who will receive the Grand Prize!

In addition, there will be a large number of, what I would call, fantastic prizes to be had by all. Prizes and all related information will be posted tomorrow, Tuesday, June 26th.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on June 27th, 2018, 2:30 am

Thank you again to everyone who participated in the Weapons of Legend Challenge! I would like to take a moment to recogize the Grand Prize Winner, Nieve Glass with her weapon, The Guide! For her prize, she will receive her own custom Weapon of Legend to be received via a Modded Thread from me. I will be posting what that custom weapon is shortly with the thread to follow.

For the rest of the participants, I have something special in mind to hopefully match all the great work you did with your submissions.

Everyone who submitted a Weapon of Legend to the challenge will receive their own minor magical weapon with one power from the list below. In keeping with the theme of random powers, all participants, save for Nieve, will get at least one roll, diced in Discord and ONLY Discord in #Challenges to determine what that power is. 1d23

Everyone gets at least one roll with the votes their weapons received added in as extra rolls. For multiple weapons submitted by one character, your highest voted item is what counted toward additional rolls. Here is a list of characters and their total number of rolls they receive in order to find their power. Those with multiple rolls, choose which power you wish to keep from those you rolled up.

Madeira Craven 10
Azmere 5
Crylon Stonecraft 4
Nya Winters 4
Ialari Pythone 4
Kelski 4
Okara 3
Bruce 3
Jace 3
Zeva 2
Belugnir 2
Nellie Hawkins 2
Lee William 2
Alexandra Gainsborough 2
Silas Sticks 2
Kynier 2
Rene Rafar 2
Asterope 1
Ciraaci 1

Now, the power you roll/choose can be added to any weapon from the Price List valued at 40 GM or less with standard metal and wood materials; no odd/special ones. Alternatively, you may add your rolled/chosen power to a weapon your character currently possesses. If the weapon you possess is already magical, you may add the extra power to it as a previously dormant ability that has presented itself.

All weapons/powers must be acquired in a thread you do detailing how you acquired it or in the case of a power added to an existing weapon, detail your discovery of that newly surfaced power.

One final item of note: The magical weapon you get from this challenge will only have its power work for you. Thus if you sell it or give it away to another player-character, that power will not work for the new owner.

--------------------------------------------------

(1) Heated – The weapon’s attack surface becomes blisteringly hot. The first minor wound caused by the weapon are upgraded to Moderate while active. Activates via command word.

(2) Corrosive – The weapon’s attack surface becomes coated in a corrosive acid. The first minor wound caused by the weapon are upgraded to Moderate while active. Activates via command word.

(3) Illumination – The weapon glows brightly and provides light as bright as a torch while active. Activates via command word.

(4) Durable – The weapon is structurally magically enhanced thus superior to mundane weapons. Will not break, bend, tarnish or rust due to non-magical conditions.

(5) Chameleon – The weapon causes the wielder to blend into their surroundings while they are standing still; +10 to stealth rolls when wielded and standing still.

(6) Bound – The weapon is bound to the wielder and will cause pain to anyone else trying to wield it; equivalent to a minor wound ever minute it is held regardless of hand coverings.

(7) Static Charge – The weapon creates a mild electrical charge. The first minor wound caused by the weapon is upgraded to Moderate while active. Activates via command word.

(8) Poison – The weapon’s attack surface becomes coated in an irritating poison that causes dizziness. Successful strike causes -10 to victim’s future rolls; only applied once per target per scene. Activates via command word.

(9) Warped Vision – The weapon causes blurred vision to the target. Successful strike causes a -10 to future rolls; only applied once per target per scene. Activates via command word.

(10) Melodic – The weapon hums a catchy battle cadence upon command. Activates via command word.

(11) Swirls – The surface of the weapon is enveloped in a swirl of twisting colors that can be distracting to an opponent in battle. -10 to all opponent’s rolls while in combat with the wielder. Effect is constant.

(12) Band-aid – The weapon sooths your wounds resulting in a single moderate wound being healed once per day while being held.

(13) Dead Hand – The weapon morphs one of the wielder’s hands into a blackened skeletal one surrounded by a sickly green fire whenever the weapon is wielded. It doesn’t add anything statistically but it looks wicked cool. Hand returns to normal when weapon is not in use.

(14) Mirror Finish – The entire weapon looks like a sculpted mirror. It can reflect any Novice level light-based blinding effects back on the one who employs them. Constant effect; structural stability of the weapon remains unchanged. It also looks cool.

(15) Animated Feature – A non-attack surface of the weapon (handle, hilt, shaft, etc,) moves as though it were alive. Does not affect the use of the weapon but can be a great conversation piece. Effect is constant.

(16) Barely Sentient – The weapon is sentient…just barely. It will communicate telepathically with the owner but it does so with a very low IQ. It will state the painfully obvious, make random comments out of context and have no real constructive information to share at any given time. Always active, even if you wish it weren’t.

(17) What Goes Bump in the Night – The weapon emits a variety of disturbing sounds when used in combat. Sounds of wolves howling in the distance, a woman screaming, gurgling, growling, a cat in heat. The sounds are random and cause a -10 to all opposing rolls while the wielder uses the weapon in combat. Constant effect.

(18) You Wanna Get High? – The weapon causes the wielder to experience the effects of a stimulating drug upon a successful strike in combat. The first hit grants the wielder a +5 to their next dice roll. The second hit grant’s a +10 to the roll after that. The third hit causes an intense feeling of hunger though not incapacitating. The effects end there. Benefits used once per scene/battle.

(19) You, Are Not Worthy? – The weapon cannot be picked up by anyone other than the owner. For anyone else, it feels as though the weapon weighs as much as the world itself. The owner can use the weapon as normal without fear of it ever being stolen. Effect only makes the weapon seem impossibly heavy to others; it still weighs the same as any other weapon of its type. Constant effect, works only if someone tries to take or hold weapon without owner’s permission.

(20) Silent Strike – The weapon is completely silent in its use. No matter what it hits or how hard it hits it, the weapon will never make a sound. It is as if an aura of silence surrounds the weapon’s surface making it mute. Constant effect.

(21) Wild Child – The weapon, when wielded, will cause mundane animals to react to the wielder without immediate aggression or fear. They may still act aggressive or fearful if provoked but their first reaction is one best described as neutral. Constant effect while weapon is wielded.

(22) By the Power of …! – The weapon possesses an imposing aura that is shared with the wielder. When wielded, the weapon makes the wielder look more intimidating and forceful. Add a +10 to intimidation rolls when the weapon is wielded. Activates via command phrase.

(23) Mini-Morph – The weapon causes the wielder’s hand to morph into one that is more animal-like. It is furry with small claws. Effect is only active while the weapon is wielded in that particular hand.

--------------------------------------------------

Post in this thread the following information:

Your Dice Roll Result and the associated Power.
What weapon you are adding this power to (new or already owned)

This all must be posted by Thursday, June 28th at 9:00 pm Pacific Time in order to claim the weapon. After that, weapon prizes cannot be claimed. Make sure you follow all the instructions for rolling up and claiming your weapon so that you don't miss out on your prize.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Jace on June 27th, 2018, 3:03 am

First and foremost I wanna say how much fun I had participating in this challenge. It was really very very enjoyable creating one and reading other people’s submissions. The prizes are great too. Thank you for hosting this.

Now for my prize. These were my rolls: <@220683215512403968>: `3d23` = (8+6+5) = 19
<@220683215512403968>: `1d23` = (9) = 9

And I’ll be keeping the roll of 5 - chameleon, which will be added to the short bow Jace already possesses. Thank you!

Jace
Player

Words: 38770
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2018, 2:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Asterope on June 27th, 2018, 3:23 am

I rolled a 6 (Bound – The weapon is bound to the wielder and will cause pain to anyone else trying to wield it), which I'd like to add to a flametongue (40 GM) that Aster will acquire in the future.

Thank you! :D

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Zeva on June 27th, 2018, 3:47 am

I rolled an 8 (Poison) and a 23 (Mini-Morph) and decided to go with the former since Zeva would be offended to find her hand suddenly... furry. Going to apply it to her grapple pole and see what shenanigans she gets up to with it.

Thank you for the fun challenge!
Zeva
mild annoyance

Words: 47531
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 6:36 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gillar on June 27th, 2018, 4:21 am

As promise, here is the Prize for our Grand Prize Winner, Nieve Glass. This is a custom Weapon of Legend designed with a Primary and Secondary Property taken from the listed powers for the Weapons of Legend Challenge.

Corvus

Description:

This Kukri appears relatively new in construction however when held, there is a sense that it is older than one can possible comprehend. It is 18 inches long from the end to end. The blade bares a pattern that resembles the feathering of a bird. In fact, wrapped in an unknown source of leather tailings is the tiny skull of a bird.

When held, the leather-wrapped handle is always cool to the touch and the leather is soft, almost to the point that one could lose themselves in caressing it. Holding it, truly feeling it in one’s hand causes a number of feelings to literally float away as if carried off on a pair of wings.

Powers

(Transform into Jewelry) (Unlife)

Corvus has the ability to transform itself into a simple leather bracelet (or small collar) with a tiny bird skull pendant. This is done at the will of the owner and feels almost reflexive.

Corvus’ primary power is that it causes the needs of eating, sleeping, drinking and breathing to no longer be necessary while in the possession of the owner. While Corvus’ owner can still engage in such activities, they are no longer required for life while the weapon is in the owner’s physical possession. Also, Corvus removes from its owner the process of natural aging. While the person is not truly immortal, they will not worry of death from aging while Corvus is in their possession.

History

Corvus' history and how it came into Nieve's possession will be revealed through a modded thread.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on June 27th, 2018, 5:02 am

I rolled 13 (Dead Hand – The weapon morphs one of the wielder’s hands into a blackened skeletal one surrounded by a sickly green fire whenever the weapon is wielded.)

I'll slap that on the bracer crossbow Madeira already owns. Thanks for the challenge Gill! That was fun. :D
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Maore on June 27th, 2018, 6:26 am

I rolled a 23 for Mini-Morph – The weapon causes the wielder’s hand to morph into one that is more animal-like. It is furry with small claws. Effect is only active while the weapon is wielded in that particular hand. I'd like to apply it to Ciraaci's heirloom, a two-headed spear that is currently being held by her captors. Thanks!
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Bruce on June 27th, 2018, 7:37 am

I rolled 15, 12, & 5... Such a tricky decision! :O

I picked 5: Chameleon. I'll apply that to a short sword (10gm). Thanks so much Gillar, that was awesome!
Inactive: please disregard, apologies for inconvenience.
Bruce
Always learning

Words: 13305
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2018, 8:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext