Open [No Man's Land Tavern] Kelvics Gone Wild

One never knows what is going to happen when three unbonded kelvic females get together to do a little 'bonding' of their own.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[No Man's Land Tavern] Kelvics Gone Wild

Postby Rene Rafar on June 12th, 2018, 5:09 am

Ren watched as Dusti added more food to her half eaten plate, cocking her head asked kindly "Are you trying to tell me I need to eat more then what I have been nibbling on?" Smiling she started to eat more of her food wish she could take it with her so she would have at least one more meal if not two. As Ren listened intently to the other two kelvics and was really interested finding out more about the both of them.

About the time she didn't think she could any more food an idea came to her mind partly thinking aloud she suggested to the two kelvics not really knowing what they would want to do."I wonder how it would feel to just go for a run in our skins? I just feel the urge to strip and feel the ground under my paws and and not care what anyone else would think. I want to set my mind and body free and for once not be told when I can and can't shift. Just letting my paws take me to where ever."
Rene Rafar
Player

Words: 47214
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2018, 2:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on June 13th, 2018, 1:57 am

Kelski noticed Rene avoided telling Dusti about herself. The Sea Eagle wanted to tell Dusti, but it wasn't her story and wasn't her business if Rene wanted to keep her life to herself. The jeweler was still trying to decide if she liked Dusti or not. The woman was stubborn, bold, and had something about her that was almost... sadness incarnate? Kelvics were easier for Kelski to read, but she still wasn't sure. Neither of them were too revealing of themselves, which wasn't uncommon in Sunberth.

"There's plenty of food to take home if you want to take some. Im not sure how to carry stew, but its fine if you want to try, Dusti." Keski said, understanding what it was like to be hungry. She was too thin herself, not because she didn't eat almost around the clock now, but because someone had once told her - Kreig in fact - that to be stronger she had to eat more. Kelski wanted to be stronger.

"The drink is wine. Try it... but not to much if you aren't used to it. It's very good and you'll find the water here not very clean. Wine won't make you sick unless you drink too much of it." The Kelvic advised. Nothing about Sunberth was usually clean. It was to be expected that the water was as dirty as the city's heart.

Kelski looked at both the women speculatively and nodded at Rene's suggestion. "I could go for a flight. I'm still sore, and can't do much play, but I can sure keep to the sky and make sure you both are alone and safe if you want to play." She said carefully, knowing her ribs wouldn't hold up to much romping. Flying would be painful, but her nose was healing fast and so long as she was careful it might be okay. "There's a park... Riverside Isle Park.... that is good for stretching some legs or wings. You'll have to be careful because you aren't alone. But we could have some fun there... get to know each other more." The Kelvic suggested, looking thoughtful.

"I want to know you both better. I'd like to have friends." She said suddenly, abruptly, knowing it might sound weak in their ears.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on June 22nd, 2018, 4:13 am

Ren tried the wine for the first time licking her lips with a thoughtful look on her face before draing the cup as fast as she could smiling as a nice warming sensation started at the bottom of her stomache slowly spreading though out her body.
"This is very good." Looking at the bottle as if she wanted more until Kelski said that there was a park near by and that she was sore.

"You alright Kelski?" Looking at the older woman where there was hints of a broken nose and other slight brused coloring aroung her eyes. "What happened?" Ren asked with consern in her voice. The look on Kelski's face let Ren know this was not the time to ask.

Changing the subject as she tried to stand up knocking her chair over in the prosses."Well what are we waiting for lets go have fun."

Riverside Isle Park down by the wading pool

The kelvics made their way down the gravel path which wound its way through the woodland isle out to the small wading pool at the end of the path.

Looking at the water with a mischievous look in her eyes Ren started to get her clothes off and piled them in a nice neat pile before shifting into her animal form; launching her small feline body in to the pool and started to swim until a moment of color caught her eye thinking it would be fun to chase the Snoring Toads, with its small colored bodies of a variety of solid colors, in shades of purple, blue and yellow.

Seeing as this could be a new but fun game Ren started trying to pounce on the toads to see if she could catch them in her paws. Oblivious to anything else that was going on around her.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on June 26th, 2018, 4:26 am

Kelski was full and in the company of other Kelvics. It was an unusual feeling. She wasn’t being coerced to go somewhere, but rather had volunteered to go. Her spirits were high and she was looking forward to taking a flight.

The Kelvic did wish she was with other birds. Often, life in the sky was lonely. She’d never had anyone to soar with, and such a thing would have meant a great deal to her. But the company of other Kelvics was something she’d never counted on and was indeed glad for.

Riverside Isle Park was beautiful… especially by the wading pool. There were people about, but not a huge crowd because it was still early and the weather was mild. Ren was stripped and playing in her ocelot form in a heartbeat, loving the water as much as Kelski did. The Kelvic found the nearest tree, awkwardly climbed it, stripped and stashed her stuff, and shifted.

Kelski took a quick flight around the area, scouting out to make sure no one was around… then skimmed down and shifted back to her human form to play with Ren in the pool. The truth was her beak wasn’t pretty with her broken nose and her ribs still ached so she had to take it easy. It was harder as a human, but Kels picked up on the game of chasing the Snoring Toads – something she’d definitely eat in feathers – laughing at Ren’s antics as she herself herded toads towards Ren.

She wasn’t much for pouncing unless there was rending of flesh involved. But she could make a lot of noise and enjoy the water as she floated and kicked her feat, using the wading pool as more of a swimming hole than anything else. They were relatively safe with no one about. Kelski felt relaxed and happy…. Being with another wild thing and enjoying being outside, without a collar, and without the stress of humans always demanding things of them.

Kelski even managed to capture a toad or two… she kept setting them free and trying to capture more.

After a time she causually asked Ren – knowing full well she was a cat and couldn’t answer right away – a very important question. “So, what are you going to do with your life, Ren? Are you going to run errands for others the rest of your life? Or are you going to find something that makes you happy?” The Kelvic said as she floated, kicking gently at the water… a captured snoring toad on her stomach that she poked absently at with a lazy finger.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on June 26th, 2018, 8:19 am

Ren stopped what she was doing to look at her friend who was floating lazily in the pool cocking her head at Kelski's question. As she listen to the words it got her thinking that no she didn't want to run messages for the rest of her live but didn't know what else she would do. She replied in the only sound her animal form could make that sounded like a growled out "No."

Shifting quickly back to her human form to sit down in the water she replied again "No," looking at the other woman letting out a sigh "But I don't know anything else its not like I have any useful skills other then what I was being taught... Sure I can run most of the day without really exhausting myself or I can stay for bells at a time just listing to people talk and sometimes I hear something very important but most of the time it is just complaining about one thing or another."

"I thought I was happy but that was just a big lie I don't think I really knew what being happy was until really today where we had a wonderful meal even now just playing in this pool I couldn't be more happier. I do know there is more out there but how do go about acquiring a new job skills."

Ren gave Kelski a sobering look "What about you? What makes you happy? I know that with you being free must be a very happy time for you I can't fully imagine how bad your life was. I know by what little taste I have had and seen is nothing to what others go through. Please don't think I'm trying to pry into your life I'm not, I want to respect you as a strong brave woman I see in front of me." Lowering her head just a little while still keeping a soft eye contact showing the other woman that she was not taking a threatening or challenging posture though not really being overly submissive either before looking away watching a couple Snoring Toads jump up on to a water lily pad giving her friend for that was how she was Kelski now time to think and answer if she so chose to do so.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on June 27th, 2018, 1:57 am

Kelski watched her new friend quietly. She had sat up, releasing the frog off her stomach, and folded her legs under her neatly so she was sitting in the water, watching Rene attentively. Kelski realized suddenly what Rene’s problem was. She was cut loose on the wind, friendless, and without any sort of internal guide. The silver-eyed Eagle sat watching Rene and wasn’t sure how much to say. Kelski always had opinions – a lot of them – and wanted to help the Ocelot see a few things for herself that seemed obvious to Kelski.

“Rene.” The Sea Eagle said quietly, shifting so her legs were drawn up against her chest and her long arms were wrapped around the skinny lengths. She placed her chin on her knees and looked thoughtfully at the other Kelvic. “You sound lonely. You sound lost, like you have no greater purpose or inner drive. I honestly don’t even know if you know what makes you happy.” She said thoughtfully. The Kelvic tilted her head, rubbed her cheek on the top of her knee, and started again.

“You sound like you’ve been doing everything everyone else wants you to do for a while. But if you have coin enough to eat, I would take some time to just live… try new things. Make new friends. See what really interests you. You have useful skills, but without a reason for them… what use are they?” Kelski added, wondering if she was saying too much. “I also think you should learn a bit about the Gods and some of their roles. I have a Goddess that I follow that gives me direction. I am not certain she is a good fit for you, but there are others that look kindly on Kelvics and that can really give you direction. If you want, I can see about getting a book on religion. Can you read? Maybe praying a bit would give you some insight.” Kelski said, looking thoughtfully at Rene.

Rene’s question about her made Kelski a bit uneasy. She wasn’t sure she could explain herself so easily when she herself didn’t know. “I’m still learning what makes me happy. I have a very busy mind, Rene. If I am not doing something to keep it occupied, I get very unhappy. I don’t like others doing for me because I feel like I can always do exactly what needs to be done perfectly. And I am a perfectionist. I love jewelcrafting because it is as much a science as an art and it makes me happy getting cuts just right or taking a rough gemstone and figuring out how to carve out as many perfect or near perfect gemstones as I can out of one rough hunk. I feel like I need a visual representation of work to be happy.” She said softly, shifting and stretching her long legs out in the water to give an unattached floating leaf a nudge with a bare toe.

“You aren’t prying. I get lonely too. I’ve been trying to set myself up to be more than I have been. There is a man I like. I think my Kelvic nature would really like to bond with him. But I do not trust him and more importantly I do not trust myself. It’s not because of who he is... its just humans. They haven’t been the kindest to me. And I’ve never met one that hasn’t betrayed me. I have nothing to offer a bondmate right now. I am no one. But I’m trying to change that. I don’t want someone to take me in and let a bond form because they feel sorry for me or want to help me. I want to be someone that another person would feel honored to have in their life. I want a bondmate that sees me as their strength and someone who fills holes in their own life… like I would hope they would fill holes in mine. I want to have my own strengths…. my own presence…. my own coin. I want my own identity… not to ever be another thing someone owns or is associated with them. I don’t want to be Kelski… someone’s bondmate. I want to be Kelski… who also happens to be bonded.” The Sea Eagle said, looking thoughtful.

“I took out a very big loan from Goldfinger. I’m opening a business soon. It is in a building big enough to make a home there too. I’m trying to hire some help… a clerk, maybe a guard…. It has extra room so maybe I can get some roomates. I’m hoping a roommate or two will ease the loneness. I hated being a slave to The Sun Birth, but there were always people around. There’s a lot of room on the second story. I posted adds around in No-Man’s and on the job board. No one has answered so far though.” Kelski said, looking thoughtful and somewhat wistful.

“I follow Akajia, the Goddess of Night. I am one of her marked. I have a bigger plan for my life forming in my head, but it’s going to take time and it needs steps. Freedom was the first step. The Midnight Gem is the second step. The third step is going to be even bigger…. That’s why I want you to learn about the Gods. I think they can help you too.” She added, bringing the conversation back around to Rene.

“Do you have any dreams at all? Maybe I can help with them if you do…..” Kelski offered softly, uncertain, lying back in the water to float again. They were all alone… two water nymphs surrounded by lazy toads… just enjoying the day.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on June 27th, 2018, 3:57 am

Ren listen intently to what Kelski was saying not sure really how to comment all she really knows is she dosent want to seem heartless or treate here new friend with pitty She totally at a lose for words. Though she felt as if Kelski was waiting for a reply so she tried to think how she could word her answer without sounding niave but at the same time wanting to have her reply thought out.

"I've... I thank you for being honest with me. I really don't know much. All I have done was do what others have asked me to do. I know there are gods but I don't know any real religion I can read and write but I'm no book keeper." Ren deiced the best way was to be honest herself.

"I think its good you are starting your own business. I don't know what I really could do to help in your shop but I am willing to try if you are willing to have me work for you? I could even run errands for you." Perking up at the possibility of a better way at life. "I really don't have any dreams of anything real big, but.... I-I like to cook." Moving ever so slowly in the pool the young red head spoke very softly in a shy voice it was almost not heard over the sounds of the of the water moving. She acted as if she was going to be punished at any moment for just saying something she liked to do or even try to do.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on June 28th, 2018, 1:59 am

Kelski stood up and moved to the edge of the pool, pulling herself out of the water and resting her naked rump on the rim. She sat with her legs folded and rested her hands on her knees and began to push the water out of her wet hair. She had a very thoughtful look on her face. “You should come stay with me, Rene. But I don’t think I want you working for me, because I want to be your friend plus the clerk job doesn’t pay much. You can live there free for a bit and just think about your life… see what you like. Maybe try out some new things. I still need to hire a clerk and maybe a guard so if they take rooms, you might have to sleep on the couch or with me since I have a big bed. I know you don’t take up much room in your Kelvic form. Either way there’s plenty of room.” Kelski said softly.

Then she smiled. “Who knows.. maybe you can start your own business or pick up a hobby you like. I don’t know. The sky is the limit. We are both free now. We should both enjoy it. And I can add on more rooms after I make my first loan payment so you have your own space.” Kelski said softly, hesitantly. She wasn’t sure Rene would accept, but she hoped that she would.

Wherever she lived now, it was probably vulnerable to all sorts of things and before long there was a high likelihood Rene would be in chains. If Kelski could prevent that, she certainly would. And she knew the Ocelot loved fish as much as she did, so hunting for two would be no problem at all.

“You can at least come see where I live then decide. I wouldn’t expect you to just blindly make the decision.” The Kelvic said, rising and then shifting in to her Eagle form. She beat her wings, caught air, and circled once, scouting the area carefully to see if they were still alone. For the most part they were. And so Kelski landed in the tree where she had stashed her clothing, and dressed carefully.

Then, awkwardly, she slowly climbed down, jumping the last few feet until she was on the ground… .and rejoined Rene. “Well… what do you think?” The Sea Eagle said, hopeful.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on June 28th, 2018, 4:54 am

Ren could believe what she was hearing not only was she invited to stay with Kelski but she wasn't required to work for her, "I thank you for the offer but I can't just take your hospitality without being able to repay you for your generosity if you will not let me pay you with coin then please let me help in other ways like if you have packages that need delivered I'll do that." The young girl smiled at her friend.

"I'll even help with what ever you need. Kelski you don't want people to pity you well I don't want to others to pity me either. Please don't get me wrong this is the best offer I have had." Ren explained as she climbed out of the little pool. "I really don't need to see your place I'll stay with you as long as I can help you out when you need it." Looking around to see where she had left her clothes and couldn't find them. "Um do you remember where I left my clothes? I thought they were over by the path to the pool opening." Frowning shaking her head at the thought someone walked off with them. "I wouldn't be surprised that someone didn't take them its not the first time that some of my stuff has gone missing. Well if you don't mind me following you in my cat form please lead the way. Though if you don't mind can we go down to Tent City so I can get what ever is left?"
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on July 10th, 2018, 11:27 pm

“I can definitely accept that. Sometimes we need more help than we let on. It would be nice to have ears and eyes around too if someone needs watched or something needs escorted. I plan to hire a guard to help with security at The Midnight Gem, so there’s always that to deal with. I don’t know who the guard will be… and if you looked more like a fighter I’d surely offer you the job. But you strike me as the quiet sly type that slinks around without notice overhearing things she probably shouldn’t.” Kelski said, laughing quietly, knowing from what Rene described, that was exactly what the girl had been about for her previous mistress.

Kelski laughed and turned, moving over to where Rene had stashed her clothing – erh where Kelski had treed them with hers – and the girls got dressed together as they continued their conversation. “I moved them!” The kelvic admitted laughing. “But I can carry them if you want to lead the way in your ocelot form.” She said, decidedly willing to follow Rene anywhere she wanted to go in whatever form to collect the girls’ things and make sure she was safe in the city.

The trip through town lead them directly to the Tent City which Kelski frowned about. Tent City was definitely not safe. Kelski paused when they arrived at what she assumed was Rene’s camp. “This is it? Rene, this is so incredibly unsafe… its not even remotely secure. People could take your stuff at any moment. What here do you want to bring to The Midnight Gem? The tent? Any bags? I can help you take it down if you’d like.” She added, studying the design of the tent not sure how to go about it.

Awkwardly the Kelvic waited for Rene to give her some direction and give her the okay to start tearing down her tent. She wasn’t sure how to go about taking it down. Hopefully Rene could add some insight and together the girls could get the tent put away so they could carry it back towards Baroque Bay where Kelski could show Rene The Gem and where she could live.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext