Fall 518: Character Registry

Register Your Characters Here for the Fall Season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on September 3rd, 2018, 10:57 pm

Character Name: Crylon Stonecraft
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident/Visitor
Profession: Last season was employed as an Architect for one of the wood companies, surveying and detailing building damage from the freeze the prior season.
Briefly Describe Your Character: An Isur exploring the wilds beyond the borders of the Kingdom, seeking to expand his knowledge and learning and some day return to Sultros with it. Currently focused on building styles and ways of the non-Isur.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not currently, besides further job related stuff.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Summoning/ worlds. I've always felt it was a very interesting but underdeveloped/underused bit of lore and skill. Very few medium threat worlds, most of the current ones tend either on the high or low end it seems, and not many pc's utilize the magic.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Still working on improving my crafting/building skills as a writer, to better detail using them.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Currently focused on increasing building/crafting skills.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Someone active, and who I can mesh with in writing, rather than being in the same thread but not really meshing together into one cohesive story.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Sure. You can't fix something if you do not realize it could be improved/is broken.

You may ask one question of your ST. Of the various gods you have written as IC, which was your favorite to write as and why?
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Sevris on September 5th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Character Name: Sevris Lazarin
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: Soldier in Ebonstryfe
Briefly Describe Your Character: Sevris has been shamed but now has recovered from it. He has a darker personality because of it and seeks retribution and honor because of it.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Nope

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Was gonna say the Voice but this season you guys went above and beyond and brought her and Rhysol back.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I believe feelings is something I'm not that good at.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? A better resume with the Stryfe.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Someone who can keep the story moving.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? I get it all the time here.

You may ask one question of your ST. I got nothing.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Elias Caldera on September 11th, 2018, 1:51 am

Character Name: Elias Caldera

Profession: Ebonstryfe Commander

Briefly Describe Your Character: Ambitious cretin. Malicious mage. Considerate lover.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: No

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? City culture

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Better grammar, sentence structure, yada yada yada

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Personal plots
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Hauk Tarn on October 12th, 2018, 4:36 am

Character Name: Hauk Tarn
Type of Residence: Visitor
Profession: Hunter
Briefly Describe Your Character: Hauk is a Hunter, generally preferring to spend his time outdoors to crowded cities.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not really

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? You may cite or link a Lore page but please tell us why.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? writing believable characters, not just Hauk, but NPC's that feel natural instead of feeling like NPC's

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? This season would be Skill development.

What do you look for in a thread partner? constancy as well as proactive.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes.

You may ask one question of your ST. N/A
Hauk Tarn
Player

Words: 33753
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Marian Cephanse on October 20th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Character Name: Marian Cephanse
Profession: Thief, codebreaker
Briefly Describe Your Character: A kleptomaniac student of esoteric arts.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, to set up a job as a thief.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I'd like to write about gadgeteering and cryptography. I think both disciplines are deep and underused.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I want to get better at explaining the feelings and sensations associated with experiencing magic. I also want to improve my writing with regards to approaching, breaking down, and solving technical obstacles IC.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I want to develop IC connections. Skill-wise I'd like to improve larceny, improve projection, and learn gadgeteering (& its prerequisite skills).

What do you look for in a thread partner? Someone who wants to go on risky adventures and not come out unscathed.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Definitely, yes.
Marian Cephanse
Player

Words: 4298
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2018, 4:23 pm
Character sheet

Postby Zavya on October 30th, 2018, 3:26 am

Character Registry

Character Name: Zavya

Type of Residence: Slave

Profession: She is a slave, used mostly for protection, but really, for whatever her master's whims dictate.

Briefly Describe Your Character: Zavya is a tiger Kelvic born in the KRI and later sold into slavery. Having known the depths of human cruelty, she resents her bonds and longs more than anything to be free. She is willing to go to drastic measures to achieve that goal.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: I don't think so, except for approval of my master NPC.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I want to write more about the divines-figured Ravok was a good place for that with Rhysol's constant influence.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I would like to improve upon creating more original plotlines.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? She's new, so everything! :)

What do you look for in a thread partner? Someone patient, who's good with give and take.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Sure!

You may ask one question of your ST. What inspired you to create Ravok?
Zavya
Hear me roar

Words: 151900
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2018, 9:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Zuhre on November 9th, 2018, 2:59 am

Character Name: Zuhre
Profession: Tattoo Artist
Briefly Describe Your Character: She's an ethaefal, though this information is limited to her and her NPC. Her earthbound form is apparent during the day and her celestial seeming takes place at night, where she is usually at home in order to keep her secret. She's very thoughtful, caring, and always willing to explore and try new things!
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not at the moment!

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? N/A

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I want to articulate emotions better, describe things without being unnecessarily long-winded, and I want to improve upon my vocabulary.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I really want to improve my character's magic and I definitely want her to develop new relationships and explore everything she can.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Someone who isn't afraid to be spontaneous and inventive, but talks with their partner before making any extreme decisions.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Very!

You may ask one question of your ST. I don't have a question to ask.
Zuhre
Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

Words: 50001
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2018, 2:41 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous