PM to join [The Midnight Gem] A Gem of a Time (Kelski)

Kreig accepts an open inviation from Kelski for dinner, will it be a good time?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Midnight Gem] A Gem of a Time (Kelski)

Postby Kelski on August 30th, 2018, 3:10 pm

Kelski looked thoughtful at Ren’s question. She weighed the options, studied Ren a moment, and nodded. “I think it’s a good idea. I know I would often swing by and pick up baked goods as treats for folks here. But it would have to be in a safe neighborhood, if such a thing exists in Sunberth. Baroque Bay would be good so you could sell to the sailors. And if you got popular enough you could maybe lease out a booth in the Seaside Market and get someone to sell your goods there too. If they were handheld stuff, people could walk around eating them easily in the market. Yes, it’s a good idea. Do you know how to bake well?” Kelski asked, curious since she’d never seen Ren actually bake anything at the Midnight Gem. Did the Kelvic have a secret hidden talent? Or was her bend just more towards getting good so she could open a business? The Kelvic didn’t pry, but was happy Ren was thinking about her future and willing to dream big.

Kelski offered her an encouraging smile. “Feel free to use the hearth here and see if you can figure out recipes you like. I know I have a cookbook upstairs with some baking things in it.” Kelski said, encouragingly. Ren’s current job was dangerous, whether Ren thought it or not. Running messages for Goldfinger and tracking down his clients to hand them bills wasn’t her idea of fun or safe.

When she glanced at Kreig, she studied him as he thought. Kelski hadn’t meant to ask him a question that made him uncomfortable or hard pressed for an answer. That wasn’t what she was aiming for. She was just making conversation. She simply nodded when he ran his hand through his hair, then scratched at the side of his neck. She wondered if she should go preen him, getting his itch. Her teeth were sharp but blunt enough to not break his skin. Kelski lipped her lips and resisted the urge. Humans were so strange about touching.

Kelski nodded at his reply, nibbling fish and eating a bit more.

Ebon pipped in after that. “I like Clerking here. I’m going to do it for a while and save. I think I want to open my own clinic here eventually. I would like to help more people and be an alternative to that Doctor I keep hearing about. He doesn’t seem like the decent sort at all. It’s a pity you have to undergo so much pain in the form of torture to get healing. It tells me he’s not Rak’keli marked.” Kelski nodded at this, offering a smile.

“I think your own clinic would be wonderful, Ebon. I’ll help you get it started when you are ready. Maybe if I get the Gem paid off in a few seasons, I can finance one for you. It’s the least I can do for you stepping forward and clerking for me. It would be horribly hard to find someone as honest in Sunberth.” The Kelvic said gently, offering Ebon a bright smile of gratitude.

“Does anyone have any cards or know any games? I’d love to play a few. We get so few visitors, something like that might be fun…” Kelski said, remembering how vivid dinner parties used to be in Lhavit. Of course there, she’d been a stranger looking in… unable to join. Dirty, half starved, and a lowly apprentice it had taken her a long time for Master Li to get her to eat and dress properly or even venture outside of the Shining Diamond to start to socialize.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on September 4th, 2018, 2:48 pm

"I don't know any but I am willing to learn. I've see people play cards while in the city. As for the hearth thank you I hope you'll be willing to help me decide on the best recipes." She smiled before taking another bit of her fish. "This meal turned out really good Kel. I think you'd make a wonderful doctor Ebon. Even the thought of having to go to THAT clinic terrifies me." She shivered at that last comment.

With that said Ren when back to eating her dinner and listing to the others talking. If the others are in the mind set to play cards or games then she'd be ready to join in the fun.
Rene Rafar
Player

Words: 47214
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2018, 2:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kreig Messer on September 16th, 2018, 7:10 am

“I’m bad at card games meself, willin’ to learn I guess” He said simply, mind a wander but then forcing himself to the conversation. He also found himself heavily interested in a thought of a medical practitioner that wasn’t petched in the head insane and Kreig found himself rubbing his thumb under his palm against the iniation scar for reimancy he’d received all those years ago…. No, he certainly preferred to go to someone who would not probably notice some of his peculiarities or trusted by Kreig if they did.

He’d rather not be fed to the Slag-Heap thank you.

“An’ I won’t lie, might be risky settin’ up a new joint for healin’ but I reckon everyone up ta their dead ancestor’s would be happy for another place for their healin’ needs” He answered honestly enough, looking at nothing in particular now “Now back to games, I don’t ‘ave anythin’ to suggest ta play. Can barely remember the games I did play an’ well…. Lets say me hobbies from when I was a lad ain’t very different from now”

In other words he was very much one who went out of his way to pick fights for fun back then as he was now, except now he was getting a bit bored from it all and was actually getting quite a bit of pay from it.

“Les ya wanna try an’ all time favorites of youngins’ everywhere an’ play tag or hide an’ go seek” He suggested the two games casually.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kelski on October 21st, 2018, 4:04 pm

Grading

Kreig

XP: Socialization +5, Interrogation +3, Planning +5, Teaching +3

Lores: The Midnight Gem: Location, Layout, Denizens, Ebon: Appearance, Demeanor, Healer of Rak’keli, Aer’wyn: Demeanor, Appearance, Personality, Kelski: Loan Situation With Goldfinger, Kelski: Can Cook Salmon & Kabobs, Kelski: Hopes They Take Over Baroque Bay By Opening Businesses, Ebon: Works At The Gem As A Clerk Undercover,

Ren

XP: Observation +5, Socialization +3, Cooking +4, Hostessing +3

Lores: Kreig: Appearance, Demeanor, Personality, Cooking Salmon on Soaked Planks, Cooking Kabobs, Kreig: How He Came To Be A Prize Fighter For Tall Johnny, Kreig: Inspirational, Kreig: Wants The City To Improve & Grow,

Aer

Let me know if you return. XP & Lores With held

Kelski

XP; Hostessing +5, Cooking +5, Teaching +4, Planning +3,

Lores: Cooking Salmon on Soaked Planks, Cooking Kabobs, Kreig: How He Came To Be A Prize Fighter For Tall Johnny, Kreig: Inspirational, Kreig: Wants The City To Improve & Grow,
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous