PM to join [The Seaside Market] Books, Clothes, and Chickens Oh My!

Kelski took a moment to get away and do some shopping, meeting up with someone new. (Tove Please!)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Seaside Market] Books, Clothes, and Chickens Oh My!

Postby Kelski on July 21st, 2018, 4:53 pm

Kelski nodded. “I opened on the 30th… so when you say new… that would mean like ten days new. So yes, very new.” The other Kelvic said with a grin. She was rather happy Tove was armed now and thought it important that the woman learn to use the dagger as soon as possible. But sometimes things like this were baby steps.

An acquisition of the weapon came first. Learning to be comfortable with it came later. So Kelski finished her purchases, tucked the items away, and scowled when she saw the vendor scold Tove. She honestly wouldn’t have done business with him if she knew he was rude to Kelvics. Kelvics should be allowed to touch whatever they wanted. Tove, after all, had money for things. Maybe she wanted to buy the big.. odd looking … axe? Kelski had a loss for terms. So she made a note of the vendor and that she didn’t want to buy from him again, and slipped away with Tove, off deeper into the market.

“You’re done? Alright. I have gotten everything I had on my list too. Are you getting hungry at all? We could stop by and get some food and take it somewhere to have a nice picnic.” Kelski suggested, already changing direction. She knew a seller of pies that had fantastic goods. She cut two rows over, and then from there followed her nose until The Sea Eagle found the vendor she was looking for. It was a food seller that had rows and rows of small individual pies.

She stopped in front and pointed at two meat pies that looked delicious. They were filled with chicken and looked like they had a layer of cheese along with the sauce inside. Then she gestured at two other berry pies that looked hot. The vendor wrapped up the four pies in thin cloth and she paid him gratefully. Then she carried the small bundle and headed across town at a brisk pace with Tove in tow.

“So where are you from?” Kelski asked, as they walked along. Lunch smelled delicious. It was a mixture of chicken and cheese and hot fresh fruit.

“I was born on the Sea outside of Alvadas, but my parents didn’t like my eye color so I was sold. Then my owner died and I was free… so I went to Lhavit as my Goddess asked me. I lived there and apprenticed as a jewelcrafter under Master Li. That was a few years ago, and I ended up here after I was caught in a storm, captured by Svefra and sold into slavery. I was sold here as a skilled slave and ended up earning my freedom.” Kelski said, basically condensing her life story into a few sentences impartially gifted. She wasn’t fond of her past, but her life in Lhavit had been good. Her life here had not, except for now, when it was getting better.

After brisk walking that was more jogging than anything, Kelski lead Tove through the entrance to the Isle Park and across it to the wading pool. She set her bundles down on the rim of the pool which was wide and more like a fountain than an actual swimming pool.

Then she flopped down herself, unwrapped the cloth bundle, and offered a meat pie and a berry pie to Tove. “Try them. They are really good.” She added, already shoving part of her chicken pie into her mouth. Kelski ate like a predator, as if someone was going to take her food away from her at any moment. But that didn’t mean she didn’t enjoy it.

“So now I own the shop… work gems… try to survive. What do you do for a living?” The Kelvic asked the other, curious to know more about Tove and what drove her.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tove on July 25th, 2018, 1:51 am

The heat of the day had left Tove somewhat dizzy. She was glad to be on the move once more as she remained close to her new friend. A whirlwind of scents met her senses as they approached a food stall, the brightly colored fabric that hung above the stall casting red shadows as Kelski ordered.

It was not often that Tove found herself longing for the cooked food that Sunberth’s people seemed to love oh-so-much. She could easily satisfy her hunger with a small mouse or Brat, less so Brat than mouse. Brat’s were disgusting little menaces that plagued the streets of Sunberth. Tove could live without the beasts.

Kelski finished ordering and the two were off once more. Silence never lasted around Kelski apparently, she was far too curious for that it seemed. This was something could relate with, something she found particularly intriguing about the older Kelvic.

“As I said, I have always walked the streets of Sunberth. I am not too sure if I was born here however, though the idea would not be too farfetched I suppose. I have not been given the opportunity to ask you see.” Tove shrugged, almost tripping on dog as she did so.

“You were a slave?” Tove had not yet met a fellow ex-slave, though the circumstances between their situations were far different. Kelski earned her freedom, Tove had not. Another thing to add to the growing list of reasons why to admire her new friend. This begged the question as to how long Kelski had walked the land of Mizahar. How many seasons had she lived to see? It was clear she had been alive far longer than Tove.

Isle Park was a place Tove had yet to visit. The wading pool was quite the sight, prettier than she had thought it to be. Peaceful even. Far more peaceful than the marketplace at which they had come from. She watched as Kelski sat at the edge, her head tilting to the side curiously as she took in the sight before plopping down next to her new friend.

Kelski offered two pies all the while scarfing down her own. It was strange to see such a lovely woman eating in such a way, but Tove was hardly the type to judge.

“Thank you…” Unlike Kelski, Tove merely took small bites of the pie, occasionally setting it down before picking at it some more. It was far tastier than her usual meals which consisted of rats, mice, and Brats. Sometimes even frogs or fish. “This is very delicious Kelski, thank you!”

Tove had allowed her fingers to glide atop the surface of the water, her eyes studying the ripples as she savored the taste of her meat pie.

“I…” She paused, her job was not one she could openly share. It was not that she lacked trust in her new friend, the fear of angering her employer was just too strong to ignore. Who knew if Goldfinger had eyes on her?

“I just watch people I suppose, sometimes merchants pay me to do so. Nothing glamorous or exciting.” She sent the other woman another smile as she took another bite of her pie. “What is your second form Kelski? I cannot figure it out by mere appearance. You speak as though you have seen many seasons in your lifetime.”

~All credit for box-codes and signature goes to Luminescence
Tove
Criminally Bored

Words: 101169
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2018, 9:29 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kelski on August 4th, 2018, 2:12 pm

Kelski got the impression that Tove was rather young. She found herself enjoying the other Kelvics company and not minding at all the conversation. However, one thing Tove said had her curious. “You weren’t given the opportunity to ask? What do you mean by that? Where were your parents?” Kelski wondered aloud, half asking Tove and half asking rhetorically. It seemed strange there was no one around to ask such a question like… where was I born? Kelski gave Tove a second glance and tilted her head.

At Tove’s question, Kelski nodded, knowing the Kelvic had heard her but she was surprised. “No one should be a slave. It’s fundamentally wrong that people own people. I thought when I was first freed that I could go about helping other slaves get free, but there are things I didn’t understand then. One is that humans run this world. They make the decisions. There are things Kelvics can’t do, like change things, because humans have to want it for change to happen… and they don’t want it. I had forgotten that we were a created race. Someone, a human, made us to serve them. And because of that, in their minds we will never really be free.” Kelski admitted, somewhat bitterly, and shook her head. “So my ideas for changing the city as a whole were stupid… I can’t do it. I can only change little pieces of it. There’s an old story called the Starfish Story that I like to think of. Its silly… I’ve told several humans about it but they never respond. I am not sure why.” Kelski said, broke off a moment, then continued.

The Wading Pool was beautiful and Kelski nibbled on desert pie, finished with her meat pie, as she told Tove the starfish story. “There was this beautiful beach that always had water in close… the water was warm and shallow and starfish were everywhere if you waded out into the water. People loved the beach and would visit all the time. But then one day the tide went out and didn’t come back in. It went out so fast and so hard that it left all the starfish stranded up on the sand in the hot sun where they would die. The people that visited the beach were horrified that thousands of starfish were out of the water. But they thought there was nothing they could do. A small boy took his bucket and started picking up starfish one by one… and then he’d run them out to the water and put them back in it way out on the horizon. Then he’d run back in and fill his bucket again, over and over. But he wasn’t making a dent in the amount of dying starfish. His bucket was only so big and his legs so short that it took him a long time to fill it and take them back out to the water. A stranger asked him on one of his last trips in – for the boy was getting tired – why he was doing it… that he wasn’t going to save them all.” Kelski said, taking a breath and meeting Tove’s gaze. She paused and then changed her voice a bit.

“’I can’t save them all, no Sir….’ The boy said but then he picked up another starfish, a beautiful orange one and showed it to the man. ‘But I can still make a difference in this ones life.’” Kelski finished, waiting for her words to sink in to Tove’s mind. “I am like that boy. I want to help people but I used to think like the humans and all I would see was a beach with thousands of starfish that I couldn’t help… that’s like Sunberth and all its slaves. But I must think like the boy because I am Kelvic and do what I can when I can to make a difference in someone’s life if I can instead.” Kelski said, shaking her head. “Can you imagine how much of an impact all those humans standing around on that beach watching the starfish die would have had if they had acted like the boy acted? But he was young and not quite grown into his selfishness and self-righteousness and it angers me to think of how awful they become.” Kelski admitted and popped the last of the dark berry pie into her mouth, licking the juices off her fingers.

When Tove thanked her for the pies, Kelski nodded. “You are welcome.” She said, smiling. “I’m quite fond of them.” And then looked around almost mournfully that the food was gone. She took out her waterskin and drank deeply while Tove awkwardly described being a spy and a snitch.

“So you are a spy?” Kelski said, shaking her head. “It is what many of our kind do because that’s what they created us for. It’s dirty work, Tove…. Its work they won’t do for themselves because their time is far more important than ours.” Kelski said, somewhat bitterly. “Humans don’t like to cook, clean, do their own laundry, take care of their homes, yards, gardens, and they certainly don’t want to check up on their debts or see what their neighbors are up to when they can pay others to do it.” The Kelvic replied, shaking her head.

“Are you happy doing that? I mean if you could do anything else in the world, would it still be that?” The sea eagle wondered, curious if Tove was content in her work.

She answered Tove’s question without hesitation. “I’m a Sea Eagle, those big silvery white ones with black points? We live a long time and I don’t mind being in my human form so much, but I can tell you right now nothing beats being an Eagle.” Kelski said, smiling and thinking momentarily of flight. She smiled and gave herself a shake, much like a bird settling her feathers, before she shifted her position, folded her legs under her on the edge of the wading pool, and leaned back on her arms.

“What about you? What is your form and history? Tell me more about yourself, Tove….” Kelski asked, curious and wondering if they could be friends. Kelski had a number of Kelvic friends and she’d love for Tove to meet all of them.

Count: 1054

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tove on August 8th, 2018, 12:53 am

Tove enjoyed the ambiance of the park. The signature croak of a snoring toad, the caws of crows and other winged creatures alike, the crickets that began to chirp as late afternoon replaced the bustling hours of the day. The area was peaceful, it felt almost separate from the wild streets of Sunberth if not for the paranoia that had been instilled into all those who called Sunberth home.

Tove was caught somewhat off-guard by Kelski’s question. She dipped her fingers into the cool water of the pool, her eyes locked on the ripples her touch had caused. Kelski had shown Tove nothing but kindness, yet she still questioned whether or not she could tell the older Kelvic of her own past with slavery.

Tove lacked the trust for fellow Kelvics that Kelski seemed to hold dearly. Surely there were Kelvics that would betray their brethren. Tove had always been attracted to interesting auras, which had gained her a fair share of friends and trouble alike. Kelski was easy to trust, however, her gentle smile and kind words having easily swayed Tove’s trust. The two appeared to share one very prominent trait; curiosity. Tove wondered if Kelski had found herself in dire situations caused by the tugging that accompanied curiosity as she had.

“I…ugh was born a slave. I think my mother had been a slave as well though I can’t remember ever meeting my father. I was separated from her and the other healthy slaves when I got very ill. If my owner had not nursed me I- well we wouldn’t be having this conversation now I suppose.” Tove was unbothered by the nature of the conversation. Everyone had a story in Sunberth, none of which being carefree and joyous. “I would prefer to think I was born into slavery, however. It would be rather sad if I were born free as that would mean I lost freedom rather than lacked it all together.”

Tove enjoyed the switch in conversation. Stories were always lovely, though the way Kelski recalled her own had left Tove enraptured. The air shifted as she spoke, a tale that surely had a role in shaping the older Kelvic. Tove stored each and every word into her memory, her eyes locked on Kelski as she told her tale.

“That’s is a wondrous tale, it speaks a lot of people as a whole I think. The way you tell it really reveals some of your characters…” She pauses, eyes having drifted off once more. It was a habit that some found somewhat irritating but she had always found it to be somewhat comforting. She never looked at a specific person nor thing, her eyes were merely locked on one thing whilst her mind drifted away. A few moments pass before she had turned her gaze back towards Kelski once more. “In a good way of course. I have met few who speak of wishing to help others without the hope of receiving financial gain.”

Tove noted how Kelski appeared to be somewhat disheartened by her lack of pie. Tove looked down upon her fully intact berry pastry Kelski had been kind enough to gift her. “Ugh- would you like to have my pie? The meat one filled me up so it will just get cold and go to waste if I keep it.” A gentle smile spread across Tove’s sharp features as she offered the pie. It was no loss to her as she could barely taste the sweetness of berries and such, the smell never fully matching the taste. It would take much more sugar or other sweeteners for her to fully enjoy the pie as it is meant to be.

Tove had never thought of her position in such a way. She was a pawn of Goldfinger and he had made it incredibly clear that he could, and would, strip her of her position if she were to screw up in even the slightest of ways. That was how jobs worked, no? Sunberth was a city full of danger. Buddying up with one of the most intimidating figures in the city seemed far less dangerous than wandering the streets hoping for some Shyke to toss a coin her way.

“I think I like my occupation? I would be ‘spying’ on people even if I wasn’t getting paid for it, so what is there to dislike? Best to do something you enjoy, plus when they threaten me I learn terrifying one-liners.” She jested. Her eyes followed a small turtle as it swam along the pool minding its own business.

“Flying sounds lovely. Sometimes I have dreams of flying, or floating perhaps? Sometimes I have to grab the grass just to steady myself or keep from floating too far up.” Her mind drifted into the stars as she spoke, a dreamy look making home behind her eyes once more. It only lasted for a chime or so before she caught herself. “Ugh- Sorry. I can only imagine how wondrous it may be.”

“I’m a small cat. Not the pretty pampered kind, the kind that wanders the Seaside market eating small mice and disgusting Brats. Sometimes I hear people speaking highly of cats…though it’s usually directed towards the larger of felines. I find that form more practical than that of a human for obvious reasons, though the threat of being eaten is a tad bit higher when wondering the streets as a cat.”

Tove
Criminally Bored

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kelski on August 20th, 2018, 12:13 am

Kelski chuckled. “Naw, you eat your pie. I got it for you.” The Kelvic said, declining the woman’s lovely offer to share. The Sea Eagle nodded as Tove talked about her profession and how much she liked it. It was a good thing that Tove enjoyed her work. Even the bit about one-liners struck the jeweler as funny and she laughed slightly at the cat’s antics.

She nodded at Tove’s response to flying. Kelski never dreamed good things. Her sleep was often filled with nightmares when she snagged bits of sleep, so she couldn’t relate to Tove’s happy dreams. Flying or floating would be so much better than the things she dreamed of. In a way, Kelski envied Tove’s ability to be so lighthearted. “Being a cat is probably just as wonderful as being a bird. You can climb and hunt and your sense of smell and eyesight are all great. You go unnoticed a lot, I bet, and people think your cute and feed you other times. There’s a lot of cats in Sunberth and they seem so free spirited, without many worries. I eat mice too so I know how delicious that can be. I’ve eaten brats too, but mostly I use them for target practice at throwing daggers.” Kelski said, offering Tove a smile.

“I live with several Kelvics, you know. An Ocelot and a Night Lion. Both are cats too. They are good company. We have plenty of room if you ever need a place to sleep for the night or find yourself needing some place to hide or a warm meal. We cook a lot because there’s also an Akalak and a human that live there too.” Kelski offered, knowing she’d already told Tove where the Midnight Gem was located. “We all live above my shop out near where the Mudflow dumps into the Eastern Sea.” She reminded her, just in case the feline Kelvic had already forgotten.

Then they lapsed into companionable silence. Kelski didn’t mind. Tove hadn’t seemed to have any questions for her and Kelski felt bad grilling her with questions on her past. She’d already asked and Tove had told her a bit about her history. She wondered if one more question was too much? “So do you have any hobbies you like doing?” Kelski said, feeling a bit awkward now. She was driving the conversation and doing so made her feel nosy.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tove on August 28th, 2018, 3:11 am

Kelski's unwarranted kindness had not yet lost the same effect over Tove, a smile having made its way across her lips. She could hardly enjoy the pastry for what it was in its entirety but it was far better than the occasional Brat, stale or otherwise.

"Thank you, I guess I can just save it for later in that case." Tove placed the pastry upon the edge of the pool, her eyes occasionally skimming over the water as Kelski spoke of the finer advantages of being a cat.

"I've met more that would rather serve me on a platter than drop treats...but I see your point. To soar in the clouds..? nothing I know can match that level of freedom." Tove peered over at the pool once more as a frog jumped up from its place upon a rock into the cool water. "Not to mention the benefits that come with being an eagle, I’m sure those are quite impressive. I detest Brats, I guess that makes cracking their spines with my teeth far easier. I would rather do that than throw sharp things at them...though I guess that's more so due to a lack of skill in throwing daggers." Tove reciprocated Kelski's smile, her words light in nature.

Tove re-positioned herself to where she was sitting tailor-style upon the edge of the pool as Kelski spoke, the mention of others of their kind living with her, having captured her undivided attention. Kelski was one of the only other Kelvics Tove had met in Sunberth, at least the only free one that had openly stated their race. Kelski seemed more trusting than most, even when compared to humans.

"That- that is very kind of you to offer. I'll keep that in mind if I ever find myself in a bad situation. I didn't think that building was that big, I guess I haven't looked at it too closely." She shrugged, her hands falling in her lap as she spoke.

The silence between the two was hardly uncomfortable, at least not in the way Tove had usually experienced. It was...nice in a way she had only experienced one other time with Kynier, the peaceful cafe artist. There were no pressing issues to discuss, nor questions that clawed up Tove's throat. The air was simply filled with the sound of the frogs and other creatures that made their home along the pool. Despite this Tove seemed happy to answer Kelski's question.

"I like to watch people and listen to stories. Just a week or so ago I met an artist who was kind enough to tell me how to use charcoal sticks -if that is what they are called- so I guess I enjoy art as well? I'm no good but I liked doing it with the artist. It was a lot of fun so I'm thinking I may eventually try my hand at that kind of stuff...maybe." Tove smiled at the idea, it would be nice to improve at a skill that didn't involve sneaking about. "What do you enjoy doing?"

Tove
Criminally Bored

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kelski on September 10th, 2018, 1:13 am

Kelski nodded to everything Tove was saying. She had no idea that the artist Tove was talking about was Kynier nor that he knew how to use charcoal sticks. But she smiled at the idea of someone meeting someone friendly in Sunberth and discussing something as nice as art. She wondered why Tove said she might eventually end up doing something like that. “Why wouldn’t you just do it anyhow? Like now? Why wait or maybe do it if you liked it so well? There’s something noble in art. You can make a living at it too if you get enough practice.” Kelski said, thinking of her own business and the fact it was art in its own way as well.

What did Kelski enjoy doing? Truthfully the Sea Eagle wasn’t sure. So much of her time and effort went into her work, and she loved that, but that didn’t leave much time for hobbies. “I truthfully don’t have any …. hobbies if that’s what you mean. I do work, and I like that, and I work on my own fitness and security but that doesn’t leave any free time for any hobbies. I certainly don’t draw or paint or do art like you are talking about. I don’t truthfully know.” She said shrugging thoughtfully.

Kelski met Tove’s gaze and looked intrigued. “Maybe that’s something in the future I will think about, maybe try out a few things. Even shopping I don’t like so much, which was what I was doing today. Getting chickens and weapons and things for the business and to eat. It’s nothing I do for fun.” Kelski reiterated, then shrugged.

“What kinds of things are fun for you?” She asked the other women curious. She knew what she did for work and that Tove liked her work and wasn’t interested in changing it. But that didn’t mean Tove didn’t have any hobbies or things she liked to do.

“Don’t cats prowl? Isn’t that a hobby? Like scouting the area out?” The Kelvic asked with a chuckle, not really sure what cats did. Kelski hunted, but that was to provide food.

Kelski fidgeted, getting restless, now that they'd eaten and talked. She wasn't used to being in one place for a long time and she was starting to get anxious to head home because she would have deliveries being dropped off soon. Kelski wondered if she could find a way to ask Tove if they should wrap up their outing. The Jeweler had other things to do at the shop too, mostly related to work.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tove on September 16th, 2018, 8:04 pm

Poorly drawn stick figures hardly paid well and sadly that was the most refined thing Tove could put on parchment, lacking any of the skill Kynier had displayed. Parchment cost more than Tove could afford. Until she was fully settled and comfortable Tove could kiss that hobby goodbye. Unless there was a market for ugly scattered markings on parchment of course.

Kelski’s question had left Tove somewhat in deep thought, her lips pursed as she attempted to imagine herself as an artist of sorts. Could she become a master of art? Would she even want to be in such a position? Tove did not know the answer but what she did know for sure was that she lacked the coin to really delve deep into the world of art.

“Hmm, right now I’m kind of just…learning? There are many things to do within the span of- well- very little time. Maybe I will focus on my hobbies sooner than later, only time will tell.” Tove shrugged, her eyes locked on her own fingers as she spoke.

Kelski’s answer was…refreshing in a way. Even someone as esteemed as a jeweler with a business lacked hobbies of her own or at least ones that hadn’t pertained to her business.

“I think you would enjoy the arts- you seem to have many stories that could be transferred onto paper or into song. I found it to be relaxing though I was hardly focused on the drawing itself rather than the idea in my head.” Tove frowned as she thought back to her own experience with art, “Though I must say I was a tad bit frustrated with the product in the end. My hands are hardly trained to depict pretty memories and…whatever else people draw.”

Despite the lovely nature of the conversation and the friendly company Tove herself had wondered whether or not Kelski would be the one to speak out and part way or if she would. Tove was satisfied with the conversation as it was and didn’t wish to drag it out. In Tove’s experience, continuous conversation with little to speak of had often ended in annoyance for both parties.

“Erm…yes I think so? I don’t encounter many cats, stealth is key to survival and all of that. The hunt relaxes me and killing rats amuses me.” Tove shrugged, her eyes having locked upon the sky as she watched the weather closely. “I –ugh- you have much to do, no? Should I leave you to finish your business? I don’t want to keep you from your errands.”

Tove
Criminally Bored

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kelski on September 18th, 2018, 6:11 am

Kelski wondered if she’d been too nosy with Tove. Her question seemed to drive the other Kelvic deeper inside herself. It took the other chimes to answer, all the while the feline seemed to be walking the inner lands of her mind. Then when she finally answered, Tove was vague and unspecific. Kelski wasn’t sure what she meant. But it was no worry, not at least as Tove finally responded with the fact she was just learning and she had little time to play further with hobbies. Kelski nodded, understanding that fact well.

“If you keep at it, you’ll get better. I have faith in you.” The Sea Eagle said, smiling at Tove, hopeful that she wouldn’t give up something she loved. If there was a will, there certainly was a way. One wouldn’t love something one couldn’t be good at could one? The Kelvic wondered at that, thoughtfully studying Tove.

“I don’t know anyone that would teach me art. It doesn’t seem like someone one can learn on ones own. Maybe someday though. I meet new people all the time. Maybe if you learn, you can teach me someday.” And when Tove spoke of transferring her stories to paper, Kelski shook her head thinking no one would find much of what she had to say very interesting… at least not the humans. But she didn’t voice that aloud.

Kelski nodded at what Tove had to say next. It was odd that she didn’t know her own animal form’s habits well enough to firmly say either way, however maybe she was more secretive than forthcoming. The Sea Eagle was only wondering for the purpose of insight because she had feline kelvics in her own home. But it wasn’t that important. Kelski was just trying to make conversation, something she altogether wasn’t that great with in terms of interacting with others.

“I just wondered. I know other feline Kelvics and I don’t think either of them hunt as much as I do as an Eagle. They do other things to relax though. And they have plenty to eat so I don’t think killing rats amuses them. Maybe though. I’ll have to ask them.” Rats certainly wouldn’t feed Ebon and Kelski wasn’t sure Ren even liked rats. Maybe? The Kelvic needed to get to know her roomates more, that much was for sure.

But when Tove mentioned she might have more business, Kelski nodded. “I do need to be getting home soon… because I have all the shopping I did being delivered and I don’t know if anyone will be there to take the deliveries. But it was really nice spending the day with you Tove, doing some shopping, and getting to know you. Will you promise to drop by sometime, maybe for dinner? I’d love to keep in contact with you.” She said as she rose, noting the time by checking the sky and looking around thoughtfully.

“I hope you have a wonderful day Tove. And I hope you discover that hobby or thing that really makes you feel great. We all deserve to have that in our lives.” She said thoughtfully then with a small wave, left the other Kelvic at the park, intent on heading home and getting busy.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kelski on October 7th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Grading

Kelski

Planning +2, Investigation +3, Interrogation +5, Teaching +2, Leadership +1, Storytelling + 1

Lore: Tove: Mannerism & Appearance, Tove: From Sunberth, Teacing: Advising Someone On Selecting A Weapon, Teaching: Weapons’ safety (Sheath), Poison: Fence Has Everything, Tove: Awesome Shopping Buddy, Tove: Spy, Tove; Basic History, Tove: Born A Slave, Tove: Small Cat Animal Form, Tove: Artistic

Tove

Observation +5, Socialization +5, Investigation +1, Interrogation + 4, Logic +2

Lores: Kelski: Appearance & Mannerism, Kelski: Jeweler, Kelski: From Lhavit, Kelski: Suggests Daggers, Willing To Teach Tove, Kelski: Has A Training Area In Her Basement Tove Can Use, Kelski: Owns The Midnight Gem, Kelski: Great Companion, Kelski: Ex-Slave Born in Alvadas, Kelski: Basic History, Kelski: Poor Opinion Of Humans, Storytelling: The Starfish Story, Kelski: Wants To Help People, Kelski: Sea Eagle, Kelski: Lives With Other Kelvics, Kelski: Offers Safe Haven

Note: Let me know if I forgot anything!

Kelskis Ledger :
10 hens 2 SM
2 rooster 1 SM
Feed 2 SM
Set of 12 Dinnerware 12 GM
Assorted Baking Dishes 10 GM
Matching Set of Platters = 24 GM
6 blank books 18 GM
Ink – 1 GM
10 Quills 5 cm = 5 sm
Blowgun 10 GM
2 packs of needles 2 GM (40 darts)
Light Crossbow 35 GM
4 Sets of Bolts & Quiver, 4 GM + 20 GM = 24 GM
Total: 137 GM

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous