Solo Becoming My Own Salvation

Kamilla tries to develop something to make her life easier...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Becoming My Own Salvation

Postby Kamilla on May 18th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Kamilla Circe Gordon

As Kamilla came to a stop in front of the lonely bungalow, now face to face with the man she assumed to be the sawmill operator, Lars, the mage made to open her mouth and greet but the man beat her to it. While she’d been expecting the same overly friendly demeanour that seemed to be shared with most of Syka’s residents, she was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not the case.

”Can I help you? I’m kind of busy.”

Straight to business, like Sahova. Just the way she liked it.

Not wanting to waste any time, Kamilla straightened up proudly, comfortably receding to her, well practiced, more transactional persona. ”Yes, you’re Lars right?” The question was of course rhetorical. ”I need something made... a cart. I’ve drawn out a rough blueprint for you.” There it was, the entire request in only moments, Kamilla reaching into her bag and pulling out the rolled up page before extending her hand to offer it to the man.

He gave her and the offered blueprint in her hand a suspicious look, using forearm to wipe the sweat from his forehead before both hands went to his hips as he chuckled a bit. Surprised by this, Kamilla retracted the outstretched hand, crossing her arms over her chest and leaning into her hip. ”Did I say something amusing?” As she spoke her left brow raised quizzically.

Another chuckle from the man, ”No, it’s just... I’m a carpenter, I know how to build a cart. I don’t need your blue print. And as I said... I’m quite busy.”

”Too busy for a commission? There’s no strict time limit, I just need it sometime this season.”

Their discussion had only begun a chime ago, but it seemed neither of them was willing to give an inch, both citizens of the settlement stating the other down until, finally, Lars broke into another chuckle, causing the edge of Kamilla’s lips to turn upward.

”Very well, lady, just tell me about how high, big you want it and anything special I need to know about it... I’m Lars as I’m sure you’ve guessed... and you’re new here... that much is obvious.”

Despite their initial ‘standoff’ the man seemed to relax his posture now, giving Kamilla’s form another look over, though this time his gaze was indecipherable, until it reached the bandage on her thigh, lingering there for a moment.

To Kamilla, it was as if she could feel the man’s eyes on her injury, a tingling sensation urging her to move, but she fought it back, standing her ground. ”The size of an average wheelbarrow and about the height of my waist. Other than that... I’d like it to lack any kind of handle and please embed this stone in the centre of the front panel... as for my name, it’s Kamilla.” As she spoke, Kamilla reached into bag, leaving the unneeded blueprint there while retrieving and offering the smooth reflective stone she’d only created chimes earlier. ”So, how much and how long?”

Another half smile from the man, Lars, who seemingly appreciated her direct nature, taking the stone and looking between it and her with a slight frown. ”Very well, Kamilla. Twenty gold mizas and three weeks. As I mentioned... I’m quite busy.”

Satisfied with the man’s conditions, Kamilla simply nodded, reaching into her bag for the last time to retrieve her coin purse and pay him on the spot, offering ten gold mizas to the man, her brown gaze lingering on the glistening skin visible beneath his unbuttoned shirt for a brief moment. ”Half now, half when the job is done.” Lars nodded. ”Very well, see you in three weeks... Lars.”

With that, she turned on her heel, a flick of hair and material as she spun about, and began making her way back up the beaten path, hearing Lars speaking from behind her.

”Till then... Kamilla.”

Payments :
-20GM Cart(built by Lars)

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Becoming My Own Salvation

Postby Madeira Dusk on August 31st, 2019, 4:35 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Kamilla

Skills
  • Planning: 3xp
  • Observation: 5xp
  • Drawing: 2xp
  • Gadgeteering: 2xp
  • Logic: 3xp
  • Socialization: 3xp
  • Acting: 1xp
  • Land Navigation: 1xp
  • Endurance: 1xp
  • Arcaneology: 2xp
  • Reimancy: 3xp
  • Philosophy: 1xp
  • Persuasion: 1xp
  • Negotiation: 1xp

Lores
  • Gadgeteering: weighing quality vs affordability
  • Gadgeteering: wheel and axle
  • Drawing: creating a blueprint
  • Syka: uncomfortably close knit
  • Acting: faking a smile
  • Land Navigation: working with oral directions
  • Nesra: annoyingly nosey
  • Ashta: native Syka beasts
  • Lars: Syka carpenter
  • Communal Pools: created with reimancy
  • Arcanology: practical effects of reimancy
  • Arcanology: observations on the nature of dijed
  • Reimancy: the 'spirit' of the stone
  • Duncan Citrine: talented Reimancer
  • Duncan Citrine: is blind

Awards & Retribution
+Cart: -20gm

Notes
Your solos are always a wild ride. I came into this thinking this'll be a straight forward building-stuff type thread, and halfway through I'm questioning the spirit of rocks and the nature of reimancy. Way to keep your readers on their toes. ;) I hope to see another encounter with this mysterious blind sage in the future!
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous