Completed (Empyreal Demesne) Leaps and Bounds (Kelski)

Nothing brings two people together better than parkour...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

(Empyreal Demesne) Leaps and Bounds (Kelski)

Postby Dessarian on September 3rd, 2019, 4:51 pm

Dess intentionally held no expectations from Kelski when it came to the claimed kiss. It was just a kiss, but was more than some empirical experiment to test the waters of their mutual attraction. The Damazar did truly want to kiss Kelski for the pleasure of the experience. And while he enjoyed the physical contact upon her plush, dark lips, and it played upon the low heat generated within him by the Kelvic, the pleasure waned in the lackluster response of his companion. In fact, Kelski offered nothing. If anything, Dess sensed she was irritated. And, without a word, she darted off on the next leg of the run.

Dess didn't dwell on their last interaction, but was forced to push himself to match Kelski. She no longer ran with a graceful ease, but with almost reckless power. He wondered if Kelski had a competitve streak he had not seen before. Maybe she was irked at losing the first leg and was bent on winning the next. It certainly could have been true, but he suspected more. Kelski was like a fire, and sometimes her mood seemed to shift directions suddenly, like flames in a gust of wind.

Kelski ran, ran like a stampeding antelope. Her bi-colored braid whipped behind her like a writhing, headless snake as she quickly traversed woodland obstacles, so that Dess found himself losing ground. He took less care in his course just to slow the growing separation between them, and his bared torso began to show the red marks of striking limbs and abrasions from scrambling over rocks less carefully.

Then he wondered. Whas Kelski running so wildly to reach the goal, or was she running from him? Suddenly Dess' foot slipped on the mossy side of a rock he scrambled over, causing him to careen forward, his strides long and awkward until he regained his balance and pace. To have any chance of catching Kelski, Dess would have to leave his thoughts so that he could concentrate on navigating the forest.

He saw it happen, up ahead. Kelski went down hard. Dess was quickly upon her and passing her, casting a quick glance at her to ensure she was not hurt. All he saw was her balled fist striking the ground in anger. He could have stopped, but what would he do? Something told him she would be even more upset if he stopped. So Dess surged on. He could hear her tearing through the trees behind him as he hurried down the depression through which the stream ran, coming to a halt at its banks.

Dess had to double over, hands on his knees as he panted. Sweat had glazed his skin, and tiny fragments of leaves and dirt stuck to his arms and torso, a drop or two of blood oozing from the scrape of a thorn. His blue gaze lifted as Kelski arrived. She didn't spare him a glance, but went directly to wash herself in the stream. The Damazar straightened, watching his companion stand and look to him. Kelski didn't appear angry, she didn't appear to be anything. That's what a mask did. But her mask didn't conceal the fist clenched at her side.

The run's purpose had been defeated by something. What began as a fun exercise in getting to know one another had turned to silence and tension, traits that had pockmarked their relationship since Sunberth. Dess met Kelski's steely gaze as she quipped her offer. His countenance offered only the slightest furrow in his brow to hint at his thoughts. Thoughts of wishing he knew what was going on in the beautiful Kelvic's head.

He didn't care about the prize anymore, and she didn't seem eager to give one up. "Alright." He replied, meeting her gaze. "But double prize to the winner." Dess offered. He didn't spare a grin. At the end of the next leg of the race, one way or another, something was going to happen.

Whether Kelski agreed or not to his proposal, he would affirm the two out of three change. Looking around, he sought another goal. "There." He indicated, pointing through the trees to a rise, the last six feet were the craggy face of a rock. With that, Dess sprinted up the slope and into the woods. The muscles in his legs began to burn, pushed so hard on the last leg to try to catch Kelski. His teeth grit as he ran, darting between the thick tree trunks, jumping over uneven ground and ducking low limbs and vines. There would be no slacking to allow Kelski a boon, that would be an insult. So Dess concentrated, his mind assessing every obstacle ahead of him to best avert or cross it and remain on his feet.

Dess strove to inhale through his nose and out of his mouth to avoid cramping, but it became difficult as his lungs starved for air to feed his straining muscles. Kelski would pass as Dess reached a plateau in his effort, He surged on, but could not catch the lithe Kelvic. He mounted the rise valiantly, but considerably slower, scrambling up the last bit of rock to climb on top the rock behind Kelski.

Dess, reached out to lean against an aged tree, again panting. "Best two out of three, huh? I think your plan to win is to just run me to death." He tried to joke, but failed to smile. As strenuous and at times painful the run had been to that point, it felt good. Dess hated being anything less than his one hundred percent physically. His time having a broken body, and the long recovery to health, had humbled the warrior. He thought he was near his full strength. But feeling his strength wane as Kelski's remained strong sharpened his intention to improve his physical capabilities even more.
Dessarian
Player

Words: 146366
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2019, 4:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on September 4th, 2019, 4:12 am

Kelski couldn’t have said why her mood changed suddenly. Nor could she have explained why the joy of running with a new friend turned sour suddenly. She’d once told Dess she was so very angry, and that had been the truth of it. It wasn’t something she could always control. And sometimes, when she was on the cusp of happiness, it reared its angry head and reminded her of all the reasons why she shouldn’t relax her guard and enjoy life as others had.

The Sea Eagle didn’t think it was something Dess would exactly understand. She didn’t understand it herself. She had no idea why the joy of free flight through the woods on foot like a pair of fleet deer would bring her such rage. Nor had she any clue why the anger inside of her would rob her of the joys of a first soft sweet kiss. All she really knew was that it was almost a living breathing thing inside her, protective and coveting, willing to raise its ugly head whenever she was close to experiencing perfect.

This should have been perfect. Kelski loved to run, especially in the wilderness, where she could be as she truly was – a wild thing – even in her human form. Dessarian seemed to enjoy it as well. It should have been something that brought her comfort, not fuel the rage that was always quietly banked inside. He was beautiful as he ran, strong and fleet, well trained even though she could tell he wasn’t fully recovered. He should have stronger wind, lungs that heaved less, though there had been little chance in Sunberth and later aboard the shift to rebuild the stamina that good warriors enjoyed.

What must he think of her now? Not melting into his kiss… not meeting his eyes or his quick generously given grins? She hated herself in that moment, for ruining what was otherwise something beautiful in her mind. But in a way, a small part of her was relieved too. Because she knew deep inside if she responded to him, drew close to him, let him inside her carefully built isolation… she’d regret it. She’d love and he’d drift away, finding out what made her who she was would never be enough to keep someone in her life in that way… bonding, mating… being loved.

That’s why Gilthas was so safe. He was a father. It was far easier to be a daughter to someone than to be someone’s equal, especially as a Kelvic. Parents forgave the flaws of their children and helped them grow and achieve things they would struggle with on their own. But to be something to Dess that was more on par with an equal, she would have to be far better than she was. And truthfully, even weakened, she wasn’t the mover he was. She counted that as a flaw. Just one of many.

In fact, Kelski suspected he recognized the level of inequality between them – human and kelvic – when he did not claim his prize at his second victory. The kiss had left a bad taste in his mouth perhaps. And there was no need for him to ask her any questions or further claim any sort of reward. The Kelvic was already an open book to him and had spoken frankly on her life. He’d been with her many days – enough in fact to probably understand her – for there wasn’t much of a mystery with the jeweler. She worked. She planned. The other things – the Nightstalker in her – he’d never seen and probably wouldn’t understand. And he’d seen her laid low in terror… a ghost that she could not control.

Shame coursed through the Kelvic, pulsing in waves that reminded her of her own gasps as she broke through to the rise, scrambling up the craggy rock like it wasn’t there. She’d been climbing all last season and the season before. The small rise proved no challenge and her body did the work automatically as her mind circled around its own logic, beating up on itself because it was there and because all the anger needed a place to spend itself. She hardly realized she was passing him until she’d done so.

Her focus was inward, not outward, which was a dangerous game to play when one was in the wilderness.

Kelski’s braid had come loose on the last bit of push up the rock and when she broke free and out onto its smooth surface, she had collapsed in a cloud of black and white locks as a pillow. The rise was bigger than one first might have assumed looking at it. And at the top she flopped down on her back, one knee bent, the other leg stretched out. She blew hard, panting, and laid a hand across her midriff. There were trees at the top, having grown out of the cracks that had opened in the rocks proving life managed to make known even in the worst conditions.

Dess leaned against an older one, his comment reaching her ears. “Was it too soon then?” She asked carefully, neutrally. “You look well… or almost so? These will finish the task, strengthening you… won’t they?” She speculated, lying still stretched out, not inclined to move. “I’m sorry I got angry. I do that sometimes.” She apologized lightly, not sure if he recognized the heaviness in her or not. “I’ll be claiming this prize though… and its one I’ve been wanting to know since you started telling me about our families.

Kelski shifted, trading knees that were outstretched and crooked, then looked at him intently. She drew in a deep meaningful breath and claimed her reward. “Will you tell me if our families were involved in shameful things? Did they hurt people? Or were they people we both could be proud of?” She asked quietly, almost as if she were afraid to know the truth.

If she was close enough, she’d reach out and claim one of his hands, gripping it just to show how heartfelt the question was for her. There was no anger left in her, no pent-up rage burning behind her eyes. For now, she’d gotten it all out and had reminded herself of all the reason she didn’t deserve happiness… not now… not in the future… and certainly not with this man specifically.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Dessarian on September 4th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Dess watched as the kelvic stretched out on the rock. It was a small relief to see her disheveled, her hair undone in a wild mane of dark and light, her small breasts rising and falling as her lungs strained for air. The strenuous run had affected her to some extent as well, lessening that sting of inequality in ability between them.

She apologized, the angst gone from her voice as she asked about his condition. Dess, concentrating on controlling his breath, paused in the effort to answer her first questions. "No, I am just teasing. I need this Kel. Working on our home has strengthened my muscles again, but I have not worked to recover my endurance. You're right, this is exactly what I need." Dess assured her, looking down at her stretched out on the stone. "And, I want you to be free to be you around me, even if that means angry." Was his only comment on her moment of anger. He admonished himself that the sea eagle deserved to see him as he is as well.

Dess listened as the kelvic claimed her prize, questions he knew she had kept to herself. They were questions he had promised to answer when they finally came. A lock of hair had fallen into his face as he looked down at Kelski, and he brushed it behind his ear. His hand reached out to meet hers, clasping it firmly to indicate all was well between them. Dess shifted and settled down on the rock beside Kelski, though he remained sitting up, his knees drawn up, his free arm resting over top of them.

He looked again to Kelski, finding her silvery gaze softer. There was a quality in them as well, a depth. Dess saw Kelski in that moment as a well. Many drew from that well, including him. But her well was not bottomless. It could not be filled by herself alone. He felt she sought, needed, someone to pour back into her well.

Dess took a deep cleansing breath that seemed to settle his respiration back to its even rhythm. Then his eyes lifted to the forest before them. Her question was not an easy one to answer. But he would try to be as honest as he could. "Our families...they were people like anyone else." He began, almost as a disclaimer. "They believed in what they did, that it was for good. Your family were much like we plan the Meraki to be, keepers and guardians of magic. The K'etir saw the world as a child, the Valterrian its birth. What was known before, of magic, had been shattered, lost, dispersed. Yet magic itself remained in a world that handled it like a child. So they made it their goal to guard what magic they could, to quietly control what they could not, and to find what was still lost before it fell into the hands of the unwise." Dess paused. He kept hold of Kelski's hand, finding his thumb lighty caressing hers.

"The Damazar allied with them centuries ago. We helped protect the K'etir, especially outside of our home, where using magic to defend themselves would draw unwanted attention. We were also agents who gathered information, chased rumors..." Dess stopped agiain, more abruptly. He was giving Kelski important background. But he wasn't answering her question. He cast his gaze back to her, finding her eyes.

"They meant well, to protect people from the dangers of those who would harm with magic. But I can't say the means to that end were always something to be proud of." Dess confessed. "Over the centuries, our families' convictions deepened, their purpose almost obssesive. There were many family heads over time, and some chose to control the use of magic by assassinating those they felt misused it, or would misuse it. Often, the Damazar were the tools to that end. Sometimes, the methods to secure dangerous magic were theft and murder. We had enemies, like the Drust. I can't say their violence against us was completely without cause." The Damazar's gaze held Kelski's for a breath longer, than lifted. The muscles of his jaws flexed visibly as Dess wrestled with the well of emotion that came with unfamiliar force.

"I served as best I could, with my heart. But now, looking back, I can't say I was always proud to be K'etir-Damazar." Dess confessed. Again, he looked to Kelski. "But what we are doing here, we have the chance to do it right. Make a refuge, not a hegemony."
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on September 8th, 2019, 2:14 am

Silver eyes watched his bottomless blue ones. So much crossed his gaze, quickly, perhaps to match the speed of his thoughts. Kelski knew Dessarian was a thinker, a brooder, though he did so behind high walls and tight mental discipline. She liked him like this, unguarded, casual, even speculative. There was nothing left of her own anger in her gaze. Instead her mercurial iris’ were flecked with curiosity and the certainty that this man above her was one of the deepest clearest troubles she’d had in her life. And she let that awareness infuse her as she stared up at him, drawing in lungfulls of air and trying to steady her breathing and her racing heart.

It surprised her that he admitted needing something… admitted a weakness. And it did something else to her entirely that he wanted her to be free around him, even extending her the freedoms of extreme emotions. The Kelvic watched him, listening to his words, and wondered a million things she did not want to overburden him with by asking. Not now, not yet. Their relationship was too new, too tentative, and already overburdened by the weight of their history.

She watched him settle beside her, his arm on his knees, a casual ease about him. But she noted he was still very hyper aware of his surroundings and the stance was more protective than she suspected he realized. Dess did casual very poorly, either on purpose or because his body was too well trained to let down his guard.

His words answered her question, not in the way she had hoped, but also not in the way she had feared. Blue eyes held a sort of plea to understand, to forgive the humanity of the family he described. And she did. Kelski could ask for no better…. not of humans, and she could expect far worse. “I think I understand. Sometimes you stand to close to something to see it clearly as well. Only those who dwell outside of a circumstance can maybe see all its parts.” She commented, nodding to his words.

“I hear you say they did better than most, but it was not perfect and they were not without their flaws. I’m sad for that, but glad that they tried. You are right. We can learn from them and try to do better. For us, it will be more about survival for a while. And while I can lay here and say we will do better, I too cannot say that I have acted with only honor and not done horrible things. I have done horrible things without honor.” Kelski said softly, her eyes searching Dess’ face, coming to the understanding that his encouragement was so spot on to what she wanted and what she thought they could do.

After that, she was quiet for a while, just breathing and enjoying the wilderness around them. A wind carried through the trees, caressing leaves and allowing the sounds of the woods to wash over there. Squirrels scampered, birdsong filled the air, and there were sounds of insects all about. Kelski breathed deeply, her chest motions slowly matching Dessarian’s breathing.

She liked his thumb caressing hers… and drew his hand closer, laying it on the cooling flesh of her firm stomach. Her tunic had slipped up to reveal her naval peeking out just above the belted section of her pants. Her flesh was warm, but not burning hot, and his hand felt cool where she inverted her grip and pressed it upon her stomach. She controlled his touch, moving his hand for him, drawing it up her stomach, across her ribs, to graze the softness of her right breast beneath her light loose tunic. She wore no underthings to restrain the freedom of her movements because she needed none.

Closing her eyes, Kelski drew his hand across her flesh again, this time sliding it up and over her left breast and across her collarbone. The gesture was truthfully more of a petting motion than a sexual advance, though one would have to be used to Kelvics to understand the gesture and what the contact meant. Kelski arched under his touch, even if it was driven by her own hands, and he could feel her whole body slowly relax. She released her grip on his hand when it was well and truly beneath her lightweight tunic, touching parts of her that no decent man should touch.

And he could tell by the serenity in her face that she loved it… wanted it… maybe even needed it.

Kelski had no idea if touching her felt good to him or if it made him uncomfortable. But she spoke a truth to him in payment for the truths he’d just spoken to her. “Since I heard your voice in the darkness when I was so scared in that slave market… I’ve wanted you to touch me.” She took a breath – a deep one – letting her words sink in.

“You are always so careful not to or to keep a certain distance. But I don’t want that. I often want your hands on me and I do not know how to ask it of you. I don’t know if it is something you would do for me. I crave it. I want to feel your skin against mine often in a million different ways. I like sitting or sprawling on a place you have been sitting because your scent gets all over me. Your touch and your scent are very soothing to me.” She admitted, hoping he’d keep running his hands across her torso and belly. She’d even welcome him slipping his hand beneath her belt and touching lower or sliding across her back.

Eagles were sensitive on their chests, where their collarbones came together. It was why she often wore jewelry that hung heavy and reassuring between her breasts in that very special spot. There would be nothing he couldn’t ask of her if he stumbled upon the spot and scratched or rubbed her there. Kelvics in general were tactile creatures. She didn’t know if Dess would understand or humor her, but because they were exchanging honest thoughts, she decided to tell him.

And once she started talking, more words tumbled out.

“I would like to sleep with you sometimes, curled around you, with my head on your shoulder or tucked into one of your arms. I often crawl into Ebon’s bed or sometimes when Gil stays over, I join him or they join me… the girls too. But I think of you. They do not touch me as a mate, but I wouldn’t mind sharing pleasure in your body either. Your body is beautiful.” She said, being straight forward and honest. “Though I don’t think you are ready. Sleep… for now. And touching…. and more when you are ready.” She added, as if summarizing all her thoughts. If he continued to stroke her skin, Kelski would be inclined to lounge there and let him.

She should have felt embarrassed for asking him to touch her. But she wasn’t. She was relieved. Kelski knew he could reject her words, pull away, or tell her that it was too soon or that he simply wasn’t attracted to her. And she told herself she’d understand… and never mention it again. But what she said was already between them now, hanging in the air like a tangible thing. The Kelvic had given him permission to touch her and had in so many ways asked him to do so.

And now that they’d caught their breaths, there was room for more running. Kelski spoke again, her voice soft to match the relaxation of the moment. “The sea is close. It is downhill if we follow the stream. Would you like to race to the sea, following the stream to its end?” The Kelvic asked, reaching up and capturing one of Dess’ locks of hair. If he had continued running his hand across her torso she’d gently tug on one of his long gently curled locks of the sun kissed sandy blond hair. All of him was warm and golden, where she was cool silver skin with dark hair. Fire and ice. The thought made her sigh gently and start to sit up.

“What do you think?” She said, starting to rise. Kelski would run again. And they would push themselves this time if Dess was willing.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on September 9th, 2019, 1:04 pm

Kelski understood. Their families were not perfect, far from it. She could have judged harshly, for Dess knew her mistrust of humans and their intentions. She could have interrogated him on specific transgressions the K’etir and Damazar, even himself, had perpetrated. But, gratefully, she didn’t. Like he, the kelvic was willing to look forward. Kelski was practical, also like Dess himself, and they both understood their words of intention were not enough to keep the Meraki from straying from the purity of their mission. But they could hold each other responsible to keep the guild on course.

Her eyes held him, their color almost inhuman, but the quality of them rich with intelligence and curiosity. Dess nodded slightly to affirm her statements, a small smile warming the gesture. An unhurried silence fell between them, allowing the sounds of the forest to be heard more clearly. It was peaceful, with the rustle of the wind amidst the leaves of the canopy. Dess allowed himself to relax, if just a bit. His eyes darted to the disturbance created by a squirrel, out of habit, but his body did not tense. The clasp of hands between them remained, loose but firm, his thumb continuing to lazily stroke Kelski’s. It was perhaps one of the most peaceful and enjoyable moments he had experienced since they arrived at their new home. His breathing found a strong but easy rhythm.

Dess’ gaze turned to the kevic as he felt her gently pull his hand closer, her hold shifting to lay his hand on her stomach. Kelski’s skin was smooth, living warmth touching the cool of his hand. The firm contour of her strong abdomen could be detected beneath the skin. His azure gaze lifted to Kelski, curious as to her intent. There was no resistance as she moved his hand, fingers detecting the slight ridges of her ribs as Kelski offered him a guided, tactile exploration of her body. It was unexpected, like many things the kelvic did. Dess found that he liked Kelski’s surprises. They were not unusual, once he considered her kelvic perspective. He had been curious about her body, of course., and Dess found the unsolicited touching very pleasant.

He was as unashamed as Kelski as his hand was allowed to brush over the small but firm globe of one breast and then the other. While there was no way to prevent the sexual response Dess felt, he began to understand that it was not that Kelski was seducing him. As her bright eyes slid shut, Dess discerned that she was showing him how to touch her, and where he was permitted to do so. His recollection reminded him how other K’etir kelvics behaved. The lines between gestures of endearment, instinctual need for intimate touch and sexual contact blurred at times with them, one seeming to be the other. Their bondmates seemed to understand the differences. Kelski soon explained it for him.

Dess’s fingers ran along the line of Kelski’s collarbone, his hand freed to continue at his will. He saw the pleasure it brought her, and he felt a deep sense of satisfaction at having offered her something she seemed to need. As Kelski spoke, Dess’s hand moved to brush across the other end of her clavicle. His fingers moved slowly, carefully as his hand slid between her breasts, the pads of his digits caressing the lower edge of her breasts. It was deeply pleasurable to do so. He listened to her words carefully, hearing them not as if a human woman had spoken them, but as a kelvic, an eagle. It helped the man to discipline his own feelings, the affectionate from the sexual, both reacting to the intimate moment Kelski had allowed him.

His hand slide up her cleavage again, a single finger finding the notch of her collarbone, feeling the subtle curve of bone. It was fascinating to him. Seeing her body was one thing, a wonderful thing, but to feel the tautness of her skin, the lines of muscles, the hardness of bone and the softness of flesh was a moving. It was unlike anything he had experienced with anyone. He was a man pragmatic and realistic, but Kelski was proving to be someone who pushed Dess into things he had never allowed himself to be aware of, to feel.

Noting the reaction to his touches, Dess’ hand rode over her breast to smooth down her side, caressing her stomach again. He liked how his light touch could sense the rise and fall of her breath beneath her breasts and abdomen. The contact was more than physical, and it served to further deteriorate his guarded nature.

“I…I have imagined touching you. Sleeping with you and…” He paused, still not as bold as the kelvic yet. “But, this… I like touching you Kelski. I would do so anytime. It feels good to me too.” His finger ran over the dip of her navel, feeling the feature before his hand continued to caress stomach. The tips of his fingers slip across the waist of her pants, then slipped just under it , allowing him to feel her lower abdomen, though he fell short of reaching the dark patch at the apex of her legs, which he had seen earlier. “And I know I would like to sleep with you and…lie with you like a mate, at the right time.” He added, his hand rubbing her gently beneath her pants before pulling out and running slowly up her ribs. Kelski said he wasn’t ready for sexual experiences with her. Though he didn’t know exactly what she meant, Dess had a hunch. She was not a human woman, and sex with her would not be what he was used to.

His hand continued its lazy course around her torso, until she mentioned the last leg of the run. Yes, the run. Kelski had played with the locks of his hair, and it all was beginning to stir him with a stronger need. He wanted to kiss her again, to see if her reaction would be different than before. But Dess was not sure he could stop with just a kiss, if she responded well. He realized Kelski could undo his discipline. The silver eyed kelvic was a source of strength for him, and a source of weakness. He had needs he had ignored. Kelski laid them bare as she openly revealed some of her own. Could he allow her to meet his needs? Would she? Without knowing, she was beginning to do just that. He had not allowed a woman close to him, in any way but in brief physical ways. Intimacy was something Dess had not allowed himself to know. But Kelski was not like human women. It was easy to be with her. She showed him weakness was not always bad, when one became so with a trusted friend.

Temptation was thwarted when the subject changed, and Dess withdrew his hand as Kelski started to rise. He grinned. “Sounds good to me.” He replied with vigor. The brief respite and intimate moment had done wonders for his attitude and energy. He would give Kelski a run for her money this time. Then he took off running towards the stream.
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on September 10th, 2019, 3:45 am

With Dess’s hand stroking her body, saying that Kelski felt good would be the understatement of her life. His touch was astonishingly pleasureful. She had no idea what made her reach out, capture his hand, and demand he touch her. Rarely did she ask anyone for anything, nor did she ever really feel she needed things from other people. But she needed this… and needed it badly. She had nothing but instinct guiding her actions, nor could she stop the way she simply seemed to always just tell him things that would normally produce an awkward situation with someone else. The Sea Eagle didn’t know enough about humans to know what she actually wanted from them or what she indeed needed. But with Dess, it was often like something else was going on completely and she simply just knew… what she needed, what she wanted, and when she wanted it.

The knowing made her bold with him and so far her boldness seemed to be rewarded richly.

His hands weren’t soft or smooth. She could feel callouses from his weapons and the textured skin of his palm where he worked hard and really used his hands. The roughness dragged over her skin in a way that made her want to purr like a cat. Goosebumps of pleasure rose on her skin where his hand slid across her frame, and her whole body relaxed, puddling down into the stone she lay on and making her breath smooth out completely. Brushing across her skin, first under her direction then with his own means in mind. Gods. He could touch her all day like that. The Sea Eagle soaked it up, especially when he found and traced her collarbones, tracing down and trailing the undersides of her breasts.

Oh Gods.

She curled towards him instinctively, her back arched in a lazy satisfied satiated way. Her entire form warmed and she swallowed excess moisture in her mouth that collected under her tongue. She wanted to reach out and nibble one of his legs, preening along the strong length of his calves. However, he wore pants to encase his legs and protect them from beasts like her. The irony made her smile lazily, which turned into a gasp as he found the notch of her collarbone and paid it some attention. Gods. Her eyes flicked open. He could see the incredible softness of her gaze, the black of her iris` going wide and all but drowning out the silver surrounding them. Very little of the whites of her sclera were left, instead her gaze looked raptorial as if she were on the verge of a shift.

Any remaining anger drained from her, so too did any sort of human thought. She existed under his hand as something else, something wild and completely focused on him and his touch. He grew bolder, not shy about running his palm over her breast, the bundled tissue there hardening in response. She couldn’t ever remember feeling so connected to something else, so focused on someone else. And as she curled towards him, her hand found his thigh and rested on it, stroking lightly at his pants as her feral eyes drifted closed again.

If she were honest with herself and indeed in a mental capacity to reason through it, Kelski would have realized Dess was only giving her what she’d wanted her whole life. She’d wanted intimacy on multiple levels, with another person whom she trusted. She wanted to just relax and exist with another, and as his hands rolled over her she at last got to enjoy that sensation.

His voice was soft and almost lyrical in her ears. And while she heard him the Kelvic knew she would not be able to answer him until he stopped touching her. It just felt too good. When his hand slipped beneath the waistband of her pants, she instinctually tilted her hips upwards and opened her pelvis to him. It was an unconscious response, though her body didn’t truly seek sex. It sought the purest form of intimacy which Dess was giving her. He was showing trust touching her and she was showing trust needing him too. Had he been the one to ask, she wouldn’t have hesitated to touch him… and maybe he would ask eventually or she would naturally gravitate towards this sort of situation with him unspoken.

Plunging into a wholly sexual relationship with Dess would be wrong in the here and now. It had been what Kelski had meant, though she didn’t know how to vocalize her thoughts. Kelski wasn’t sure the exact details why, but she knew it instinctually and on multiple levels. She didn’t want to hurry their relationship along like someone skipping a stone across a lake. She wanted to swim in that lake and experience the whole of what it was. Together they were a lake, or perhaps even something as large as the bay. Living beside Matthew’s Bay, it wasn’t hard to equate so much in her life to those waters and its mysteries.

With Dess, she wanted to deepen their connection, learn who he was, and discover things about his mind as she discovered things about his body. Though the details were muddled in her head, the Sea Eagle knew she’d done something awful and empty before… made that kind of hurried mistake… seeking something deeper through sex that had never manifested. She had thought the giving of her body had guaranteed love. It had not. The Kelvic had a deep-rooted need to be loved, accepted, and desired. Sex, she had learned, guaranteed none of those things.

In getting to know Dess, letting him get to know her, Kelski hoped there was more of chance for those secret wishes of her heart. There was a time, seasons ago, if someone would have just taken the time to stroke her flesh, she would have given them the world. Except, then, she’d been with someone who’d only thought of themselves and their pleasure… not of her or her needs. They’d never taken the time to learn this about her. They’d never let her emotions run their course patiently long enough to see a new dimension on the other side of the rage. The person’s name and face eluded her, but she knew she would never choose that sort of situation again.

Dess had given her that time, patience, and still stood here willing to try to make something work that had been arranged years before. And his gentle comforting exploration was more than she’d ever had from someone before. Could he even know what it meant to her? The Kelvic blinked back sudden tears as she scrambled to her feet and watched him sprint off.

Kelski wanted someone in her life like this who would touch her when asked, giving her what she needed without his own needs coming first. She certainly would put what he needed above her own desires enough to balance it out. And it would be a bonus if that person could hold the same sort of expression Dess had held on his face just moments before… a tentative wonder, a speculative curiosity, and utter enjoyment. Looking into his eyes in that softly whispered confession, she could tell he hadn’t spoken a word of untruth. He’d lost some of the blankness to his face that he often carried like a mask. And instead he admitted things she would have never thought a man would admit.

Perhaps she’d known the wrong sort of men.

It was a thought that drove her forward, running loose limbed and relaxed. She was more of the forest now, with all the tensions of the day and of the weight that had been on her shoulders banished by the Damazar’s touch. She sprinted, fleet footed, and followed in his wake. The stream was there, gently crossing clearings, plunging down short riffles, and weaving between timber that was so old and so big that Kelski thought she could feel the spirits of the trees. There was almost no underbrush here and the running was across soft loam made up of hundreds of years of pine needles falling and rotting to form a cushion under her feet. If they kept the stream in sight, it was easy going. If they moved out onto the stream itself, they would be running across bedrock shelves, leaping from boulder to boulder, and even getting a little wet to drop down out of the forest and move towards the sea.

Kelski laughed abruptly as she pulled up alongside the warrior. They were equally matched in this, both light and lithe. He moved with true power and she moved with grace. They were different in their own ways, yet had come together to do this. A fallen log was leaped, a side feeder stream plunged through, and then they were in waist high flowers that opened into a huge meadow that was literally full of deer.

The Kelvic skidded to a stop on the edge of the broad expanse of green, eyes growing huge in wonder. She snagged Dess’ arm to drag him to a stop and crouched, urging him to take cover as well. They observed the meadow from a copse of trees spilling out onto it from the forest itself. “Do you see all that food? It’s like a deer and elk paradise.” She told him, nodding towards the deer that were simply lounging around, as if they’d never seen another hunter or even knew what humans were about. The running pair of Makari had not disturbed them at all. The meadow was almost a valley, and it stretched off into the distance. There was belly deep grass, water, and big timber on the fringes to provide thermal cover.

Kelski kept to a crouch, glancing back and forth. “This is on our land or close to it.” She guessed, knowing the markers were close but they’d never gotten this far in their exploration. The Sea Eagle pressed close to him, sharing his space, more easily now that certain things had changed between them.

She took a moment, crouched with him, to watch the deer and elk, moving in separate herds throughout the open landscape. There was so much food there in the hidden valley. Being a hunter, Kelski often had the thought of where a meal would come from. Her smile was wide because she also appreciated the deer and their peacefulness grazing in the open, unafraid of predators. She nuzzled Dess’ arm where she leaned against it crouching, nipped it lightly where she still gripped it, and gestured with her chin. “If they can thrive on these lands, so too can we.” Kelski reasoned, then smiled at him.

Something occurred to her then, something that hadn’t when he’d been touching her and she’d been past thinking for more than herself. She dropped her voice lower, as to not spook the deer. “You put… so many thoughts in my head. You make me think, sometimes hard. I need to get out of the habit of thinking alone and try thinking aloud so you and I can… understand each other more?” She said, not out of breath, not yet, having fully gotten rested at their last stop. “I’ve made mistakes in my life, not knowing things. I want …. “ She said, glancing at the deer and deciding they wouldn’t tell her secrets with a little laugh. “I want to know you. I want to understand you, Dess. You feel like someone worth understanding. I want you to know me, understand me, and still be okay with me if we decide to make a life together.” It was a ridiculous summary of all the things she had been thinking when he’d been touching her. It was also hastily spoken, ill explained, and uttered at a whisper to not spook the ungulates they were spying on.

“I’ve never had the chance to go slow before.” Could he even understand what she was saying? Kelski wasn’t speaking of just sex now. She was speaking of the whole thing. “I’ve never had the chance to be ready when another step presents itself. I don’t think you are ready either, though you are brave and strong and have had many years in this life to know your mind. I have not. We are strangers to each other, for all that we’ve traveled together and we work side by side. We can hastily build a fortress to live in, together, but I’d rather build it solid and strong, brick by brick, with each one placed carefully. To me, if it takes longer it is worth it. I will not remember a life whirling by with each next thing plunged into head first. But runs in the woods where you stroke the flesh above my heart willingly with that look in your eyes, I will remember all my life. I feel greedy for saying this, but I want more of that. I want so much more of it. And when we’ve had more, we will be ready and make good choices… build solid fortresses.” The Kelvic said, her teeth again nibbling playfully at his arm. She wasn’t hurting him, for all he could feel her tongue on his skin as she took a taste of the salt of his sweat.

Then she sprang up, spooking the deer nearest them into splashing across the stream they ran along. It was deeper here, slower, not nearly the wild bed rocked waters it had been in the woods. Kelski wanted a strategic head start. Of all the legs of their race she’d ran with him, she’d only won a single time. And that was just fine with her… for in not winning she’d won something even more precious… his touch.

And unfortunately, this time was no different. Her head was full of thoughts, weighing down her body it seemed for even with the break she lagged behind him, not able to run as fast nor as far even with him still recovering. They passed the hidden valley of the deer, followed the stream back into the deep woods, and came out on a rocky outcropping that had a very treacherous down slope filled with rocks heading downward. Onward to the beach was harder, and by the time they burst out on the sand and raced to see who would touch the ocean first.

When Kelski gracefully lost again, she laid her hands on her knees, bent over slightly, and gasped for air. Pulling in air, over and over, she finally caught her breath enough to speak again. “I spend too much time at my work bench and not enough time in the air or doing this. Help me get back… back into shape. I’m a poor hunter at best in this kind of shape.” She wheezed, grinning at him, graceful at loosing.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on September 10th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Dess raced through the forest with renewed strength. Nothing had changed to invigorate him physically, aside from the momentary rest atop the rock with Kelski. The energy and determination that pushed his body and propelled him forward was emotional, maybe even spiritual. While Dess’ mind still reeled with the profound intimacy he and Kelski had shared, his heart and spirit found great refreshment in it. Never had he experienced such closeness to another person.

He had been alone so long. Even among family, even with Kalistan, his best friend, Dess was often alone. It was a defense mechanism that his family fostered in their warriors. Self-reliance and confidence were not only traits they favored, they were necessary for survival when it came to the work of the Damazar. But while those traits may have kept the secrets of the K’etir-Damazar safe, they also denied their warriors the joy and benefits of deep relationships. Dess knew sex, and perhaps the sweet comfort of a woman for a night. But he never knew what it was like to grow in a relationship with anyone outside of the families. He didn't know the joy of building bonds with bricks of physical and emotional intimacy.

Kelski had become the exception. Everything about her, and about their forming relationship, was unique. Did a connection of some kind formed between them in her infancy? Dess didn’t know. All he knew was that she made it feel alright to express his deeper thoughts and feelings, because she did the same with the pure honesty only a kelvic could possess. it wasnt that those raw baring of thoughts and wants she shared with Dess broke down his barriers, they drew him out of them willingly. And he didn’t resent it, Dess found it incredibly relieving. Kelski was not changing him, she only gave him permission to reveal himself to her.

Touching her had seemed to bring his senses alive. As his mind lingered on the tactile sensation of Kelski’s skin under his hands, Dess keenly felt the soft forest floor beneath his feet, the grit of the rocks he crossed, the moss on the tree bark he pressed against, the tickle of leaves brushing against his bared torso. In all his experience, nothing had been more intimate than the simple caress of Kelski’s skin. While feeling her body was very pleasurable, Dess found the most satisfaction in seeing Kelski content in a way he had never seen. He enjoyed giving back to someone who had given him so much. The physical intimacy only fostered more honesty between them. Kelski was also his vault. Dess trusted her enough to tell her things, to open himself in a way he would to no one else.

They broke into the edge of the meadow, and Dess instinctively crouched at Kelski’s sudden coaxing. The herds before them were beautiful, graceful and powerful beasts. Kelski the predator saw something else. Food. Finding such large herds in their territory meant a supply of fresh meat for the Demesne. But they would need to foster hunting skills among them to harvest the supply. They lingered hidden in the grass, watching the deer and elk. The new intimacy lingered as they crouched together, close enough to be touching. Dess was learning the endearments unique to Kelski’s kelvicness. One was the nipping of his skin. Strange at first, he reminded himself of the eagle, preening. It as a tender thing. The gesture became comforting to him.

Dess looked to Kelski, his smile mirroring hers. “We will thrive here, Kel.” He assured her, watching the healthy herds feed unafraid in the valley. They were inspiring, and in the lingering moment, Dess gave Kelski his ear as she allowed her thoughts to have a voice. He was in agreement with her words, which were wise beyond her few years. He felt a desire to share his thoughts, but they would have to wait, for the spry kelvic sprung up and took off across the valley. Dess launched after her with a laugh.

The terrain changed, indicating their approach to the sea. The downward slope was taken with measured flurry as Dess planted his feet and actually skidded down part of it. But the challenging terrain, and finally the sand, taxed his lungs and muscles. But he was determined to show Kelski he was strong, and worthy of her. With wild abandon he kicked off his boots and socks and ran headlong for the water. His steps shortened as his feet hit the wet sand and he came to a sudden halt at the edge of the surf. Turning to see the graceful sea eagle coming up behind him, Dess crouched to press his hand into the water that rushed up around his ankles.

Dess’ knees, then palms, hit the sand, and he panted like a hound. A light laugh bubbled between rapid breaths as he turned to look up at Kelski, glad again to see her as wearied as he. “I will get you out here, even if I have to drag you. I promise. We both need it. They need us to be strong.” He beathed huskily.

After a moment, Dess stood to his feet, walking closer to Kelski. His hand rested on her shoulder, then slid under her hair to lightly caress her neck. "I know it, that we were meant to be together. But not by divine magic, but by intention and time. I believe we compliment each other. But you are right. For us to be the best...whatever we become, we need to know one another. See strengths in one another we can pull from, and weaknesses we can bolster for each other."

His hand slid from behind her head across her shoulder and down her lean muscled arm, taking her hand in his. "We build that fortress brick by brick, learning how to bring the best out of the other, how to touch one another to meet our needs.“ Dess wanted Kelski to know he agreed with her, that going slow was not only alright with him, but it was good. He didn't know where the things he said came from, except from a deep want for something he knew he may never have, and had resigned to accept.

"Kel, I know what I want, but I have never had it with anyone. That is another reason to grow together with intent. I want it to be right and good...because I have never had it before." He met her silvered gaze, his own cerulean eyes proving his confession was not easy, but given without regret.

Then a small smile crept across his face. "Looks like I get to pick the prize.” He spoke between breathes that he now regulated by will. He pressed her palm flat against the contour of his chest. “I want you to touch me, however you like, however you are curious.” He offered with sincerity, meeting her gaze.
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on September 11th, 2019, 3:58 am

Dess had shared so much of himself with her. Kelski knew he was guarded, but It meant a great deal to her that he was slowly letting her behind the walls he existed within. She wondered what others thought of him, interacting day to day, because he came off as almost someone who blended in purposefully.

At home… for she thought of the odd tower as her home now… he tended to wear things that matched his surroundings. When the evening grew late, he tended to dress in darker colors as well. And she wondered, though he had an attractive face and piercing blue eyes, if she’d have really noticed him in a crowd in circumstances that had been more mundane than those in which they met.

She met his gaze often, but it had taken some skill to get him to look at her directly and make a connection. Kelski wondered if meeting someone’s gaze put some sort of memory in the mind of those who’s gazes had interlocked. Because he was truthfully skillful at letting someone’s eyes slide across his form. And while that should have come off as submissive, it never seemed too. He stood proud, like someone used to giving orders rather than taking them. But it had been hard for her to see that in him at first. He’d been so terribly wounded.

Was he still wounded? Kelski wondered what scars he bore that she could not see. A person’s mind was a complex thing. And while Dess struck her as smarter than most, she didn’t equate intelligence to mental fortitude exactly. The news of the massacre had left his face blank and he had not commented on it again unless he’d spoken to Hattie or one of her offspring, or even his cousin privately.

Had he learned anything more? She’d seen him gathering with the Svefra, talking to them about all sorts of things. Kelski had noted Dess could casually pull information from someone just by coaxing a conversation forth with little or no effort and usually without them realizing they were giving knowledge that should be guarded up. He took notes too. She had no idea what he wrote, but she suspected he had records of all the svefra that traveled up and down Matthews Bay by now, what their pod names were, and how many members were included.

Kelski was actually learning a lot about humanity quietly watching Dess. She worked a great deal, and all of them spent time building and fortifying their home. But when they gathered in the evenings over a meal, Kelski usually picked a spot she could see Dess clearly. Watching him was something of a sport she’d developed. Stare, glance away quickly when he appeared to notice her. There were other tactics too. Get a refill on the meal and sit somewhere new with a better vantage if someone blocked her view.

She’d daydream too – something she’d never knew possible before Gilthas had explained to her about the whole concept – where she’d say something witty and make him laugh. Kelski rarely thought of funny things until much later when the crowd had thinned. She had other dreams of him too, dreams where they were together, spending time, doing things, and even just speaking. His inviting her to run had been a happy moment. This whole run was a happy moment. She loved seeing the deer and didn’t even mind stumbling out onto the beach after the difficult descent to stagger to a stop in the sand and concede her defeat.

They were both breathing hard again, something he swore to fix. She believed him, and above that, she trusted him. Kelski figured they both could start running until their breath was easier, their strides were stronger, and maybe as time passed, she could win more races.

Then he breathlessly admitted he had never had what she wanted with him with anyone else. And he was willing to grow together with intent. She liked the way he phrased that. Grow together with intent. It was some thing the whole of the Meraki could use… not just the pair. His hands were in her hair, touching it, smoothing her neck, which she instinctually relaxed for. Dess promised her a moon of sorts, the very kind she wanted, and listening to him she believed him.

Then he offered her a treat… free rein to touch him. It was something the Kelvic wanted, yet was something she’d never thought to ask him for. He’d captured her hand and pressed it flat against the contour of his chest. She undulated her hand so she could feel the muscle beneath. “Are you sensitive here?” She asked, gently pulling her hand out of his grasp and moving it between his pectorals where a necklace would hang. “It’s my favorite spot to be touched.” She said, splaying out her fingers and gently rubbing the center of his chest. She disliked his shirt getting in the way of his generous offer. In fact, she disliked all of his clothing baring his flesh from her touch.

“Had I been thoughtful, I would have brought my backpack. I often carry lunch in there, and a blanket… extra water and a little wine. But I didn’t think to grab it. I shouldn’t ever leave the tower without it.” She rambled. Kelski stopped herself before she went further, glancing up to meet his gaze for a moment.

She was nervous, touching him, wondering if her touch would feel as good on his skin as his did on hers. And they would be vulnerable, distracted by each other. Kelski didn’t want to touch Dess out in the open. She paused with her hand still on his chest and looked around. There was a rock outcropping which salt grass grew up against tall and concealing just a short distance from where they stood. The grass would give them cover if they stayed low enough, and I would be a soft place to … to…

Kelski recaptured his hand, tugged at him, and drew him with her towards the shelter she’d spotted. There was no roof, but neither rain nor harsh sun threatened. But the tall grass was perfect. Kelski slid through the grass, trying not to disturb it on the fringes to keep their nest concealed, and then took a moment to stomp in a circular motion, laying grass down into a thick mat that would be comfortable for them to settle on. “Help me?” She asked quietly, doing what equated to an interesting flat-footed dance in a circle, laying down the salt grass. Once the circle was large enough to house them both comfortably, she smiled.

“We’ve been running for over a bell… lets rest a while. You… you are distracting. If I lay my hands on you, I want to be somewhat concealed, comfortable, and in a place not easily noticed.” She explained, then kicked off her soft kidskin running boots and settled into the grass. She patted the spot beside her and while he was settling down, she pulled off her tunic and shimmied out of her leggings. Her belt pouch went with the tooled black and silver belt she always wore and was set aside up top her pile of clothing. A wicked looking black dagger materialized sheathed to the belt as soon as it was freed from her body. Before Dess knew it, Kelski was curled up waiting for him in just her skin and a necklace that had a key hanging on it. The key faintly glowed with a light that pulsed so subtly he almost missed it.

“You said I get to touch you; however I like. I want skin to skin.” She said as almost a demand, managing to look patient and impatient at the same time. She’d seen Dess without his clothing on, a couple of times, but she’d never crossed boundaries. It had been while Ebon had attempted to heal him, and she’d helped dress his horrific wounds. He’d been in terrible shape, and truth be told she wanted to see how he looked now. He looked good in clothing, but the fabric hid flaws – wounds and thinness – and even the stiffness of scar tissue. But she knew there would be evidence on his flesh of his past. And this was a good excuse to look him over, and make sure he was actually taking care of himself.

“Touching only…. Learning… maybe talking. But lots of touching…” She affirmed, really believing what she’d stated about wanting to go slow and wanting to build a relationship with him. But if he had held out an opportunity and to her it was akin to the key to his treasury and she was surely going to plunder it.

Kelski waited until he’d stripped and settled, watching him slide to his rear and stretch his legs out. The grass felt good, soft, padding her own rump. Then, when Dess had settled, Kelski shifted until she straddled his lap and settled into it. She shifted until she faced him, his thighs open, so her own rump could slide down between and rest in the grass as well. Kelski’s legs partially wrapped around him, stretching out behind him, while his own legs curled around her form. It was a comfortable position, neither of them using the other for support, but each resting on the grass facing each other. She leaned in, feeling his torso as her eyes sought out his chest, his ribs.

Sitting facing each other, wrapped around each other, Kelski enfolded him in her arms. She was close enough to him to reach around him, and did so, gently trailing her fingertips lightly from his tailbone up his spine and to the base of his neck where she joined her fingers with her lips as she nibbled at the side of his throat.

“Is this okay? I want to touch you until your skin stops shivering and getting those tiny goosebumps as Ember calls them.” She whispered, nearly into his ear. Then she shifted closer, wrapping even more so around him. “Thank you for this… it’s a gift.” And then she began to touch him. He would find, as he might suspect, that Kelski had no hang ups about where she touched him or what part of him she studied. Her fingers explored the curve of his ear and then trailed back down his spine. His rounded buttocks were stroked, and his waist measured by the span of her small hands.

She had no thought of food, sleep, or even of the work they left at home. Instead, she explored him… very inch, questioning him about this scar, asking about that one. Hoping he’d tell her stories from his life as the scarring on his body revealed. She touched him with her hands, her lips, caressed him with her breath, and used her whole body to explore his with. She trailed the fine hair that started at his navel and traced it downward, though she respected his shaft and kept her hands off it though she didn’t shy away from it or feel uncomfortable at its presence.

Her one rule had been firm. Explore, coax stories out of him, and just enjoy him. It was her prize as well as his, and she was going to enjoy it.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on September 11th, 2019, 3:41 pm

It was not what he expected. Dess’s conscious decision to abandon his silence and secrecy with Kelski had lead him down a path he had not anticipated. The Damazar had resolved to tell her everything about their families, good and bad. His honesty inherently meant he would have to talk about some personal thoughts as well. But the depth to which the kelvic had plumbed the guarded warrior had tugged loose a cork. Personal feelings, wants, desires suddenly found a voice once a trusted ear was found. It laid a path for the very thing he had admitted was void in his life. Deep personal relationship.

Dess didn’t see his revelations to Kelski as weakness. He didn’t feel weak with her. Though he may have bared vulnerabilities, the Damazar stood no less tall and straight, his gaze no less sharp, his confidence no less sure. It was as if revealing some of his weakness allowed him to accept some of her strength. As he laid her hand against his chest, looking down into eyes beautiful and unusual, Dess felt a sure inclination, that the closer they became, the stronger they would become. Two as one stronger than both individually.

Kelski’s hand began a cursory movement over his chest, finding the notch in his collarbone. She professed what Dess had surmised from his own explorations, that the spot held a special sensitivity for the kelvic. He had noted it the moment he had touched her there, hearing her breath draw in, her spine arch ever so slightly as his finger had run over the spot. A smile stretched across his face as Dess confirmed knowledge of her sensitive place. He had his own special places, but she would have to find them on her own. Not that he was being secretive, he would share as the kelvic found them.

When Kelski voiced regretting her pack, Dess nodded. “We really should be more aware of being out here. You never know where we will end up. Taking basic gear is something we need to remember, and to make sure everyone else does too. “ He agreed, though what would be handy at the moment was not so much for survival, but for comfort. A bite to eat and a sip of wine would be a great way to end the race.

Her thoughtful gaze broke from his, glancing around. Without resistance, Dess moved to follow Kelski at her coaxing, towards the patch of tall grass sheltered by the rock. Once within the veil of the high stalks, he watched the kelvic begin to flatten the grass with firm stomps. A quick thought made him wonder if it was an eagle thing, like nesting, but as she asked him to help, Dess realized it was simply making a comfortable place to sit. He did wonder at her desire for concealment. If anyone had been around, the pair might have looked like teenagers seeking a secret place to make love.

Kelski explained why she sought to hide, for if someone had seen them, they certainly would not understand. They settled onto the flattened grass, Dess having followed suit and tugged off his own boots. But Kelski didn’t stop there, and he watched as she slid off her tunic, then her leggings. Her clothing and gear were laid aside, the curious dagger he had finally learned about laid on top, reminding the Damazar of the many mysteries about the woman, and her deft skill with such a blade.

But in the moment, Kelski was not a determined fighter, but a playful creature. She laid out the detail of her wish, to which he had granted and could not deny. Not that he would. Dess smiled and let out a soft, cheery laugh. His pants were tugged off along with his undergarment, tossing them aside. He allowed Kelski freedom to guide him, so that they could find the positions she desired. Dess liked it very much. It was amazing to be with her with nothing between their skin, bereft of awkwardness or shyness.

Seeing her body again, and feeling her smooth skin against him as she maneuvered them into position, did elicit a physical reaction. Even his arousal was not shameful to him, for the idea of a sexual encounter had been mutually postponed, relieving them of any pressure. He was male and she an attractive female, the rise in him merely instinctual, though certainly complimentary to the kelvic.

The posture Kelski had chosen created a wonderfully intimate encounter. Dess limited his touching, allowing the kelvic to focus on her exploration. His hands either rested around her waist, on her legs or pressed into the grass to prop him up. He did allow his hands to run down the length of her legs, so that he could feel the lean muscle of her thighs and calves, and the sharp angles of her knees. But otherwise, he enjoyed her touch and their conversation.

Dess answered her questions about his scars, identifying what caused each one. If she asked specifically, he would give some detail of the circumstances. A bar fight, an animal attack, the encounter with a nefarious foe. Some were simply received from training or work around the family home. She would know which ones came from Sunberth.

Her touch felt good, admittedly sensual at times with the application of her mouth to test texture and taste. The skin of her palms and fingers were rougher than a city woman’s, but not the thick callouses of a warrior or laborer by trade. The handle of tools and hilt of her daggers had stolen some of that feminine suppleness. But the fine intricacies of her jewelry work kept her digits nimble and tactile, which he felt as she brushed the pads of her fingers over the slightest line of his contoured body.

She was respectful of his rigidness, which remained through the extent of her touching. She would hear a small gasp as her fingers found his small nipples, his back arching slightly at the sensation, one of his most sensitive pleasure spots, and he laughed softly as it was revealed. His neck was likewise sensitive in a sensual way. When her exploration found his lower abdomen, the muscle’s flinched, and he grinned at the ticklish sensation.

“Here,” he offered with a thought. He held out a hand, turned up. “Inside my wrist, lightly touch it.” He instructed. The sensation was not sexual, but elicited a strong feeling of comfort and pleasure. “Rubbing there calms me.” Dess spoke softly. As she touched the spot he grinned. “It makes me want to cuddle up to you and nap like a cat.” He said almost embarrassingly.

The whole experience felt strangely animalistic, but at the same time wonderfully intimate and pleasurable. “This makes me feel so close to you.” Dess admitted. “I couldn't have imagined just physical touch could make me feel so close to someone.” A finger lightly trailed the curve of her shoulder to trail down her arm. “I want to do this more.” He could have sat in their secret place and shared the pure unhindered contact all day. Though he suspected his resolve to keep it from going further would shake even under his strong mental discipline.

Kelski’s hands, limbs and mouth made their discoveries. Dess found his own pleasure in it, counting it as his prize. He looked at the kelvic, in nothing but a necklace, as if he could see her as bared inside as she was out. Dess knew there were things about the eagle he didn’t know. It was hard to know everything about a person. Some things were forgotten, some held back for justified reasons. But he felt as if he knew Kelski so much more than before, and probably more than anyone at the Demensne, except for maybe Gilthas. That man knew more than Dess could fathom.

The pair served each other well with their intent to build a lasting relationship without haste. Like Kelski’s unhurried exploration of his body, where not an inch of flesh was left untouched or untasted, taking their time allowed them to discover aspects of one another that could be overlooked and sadly missed if rushed.

“Tell me, what is your favorite part?” Dess asked, a small grin on his face.
Last edited by Dessarian on September 16th, 2019, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on September 12th, 2019, 3:15 am

Intimacy. The word had little meaning to her before now. But as Kelski explored Dess’ skin, occasionally looking up from where she traced his flesh to meet his eyes or laugh at a story he told her about a scar, she slowly understood what it entailed. He let her simply touch him, in ways that were unfettered and uninhibited. She stroked his flesh, not to arouse, but to explore and learn. She took her time, not caring if bells passed or if it were only chimes. She loved the scent of him, even though he’d sweated as he’d ran. It heightened the experience for her as she ran her lips along the hollow of his throat and out across his shoulder and down his left arm. He spoke of childhood incidents and even one mishap with her brother that had resulted in a scar on his upper arm.

Her hands kept themselves busy, lightly tracing the lines of his back vertically, then learning the curve of his ribs horizontally. She drew herself closer, her skin against his, marveling at the whiteness of her flesh against the golden of his tan. He spoke, she listened, and in turn she spoke not ashamed when her own nipples pebbled like his rubbing against his chest nor the apex of her thighs grew damp. His hardness didn’t offend or spook her, for she knew men and knew what sort of pleasure they could bring when their affections were welcomed. Hip to hip, they fit together nicely and though there was no sex, their cores learned each other by feel as well.

Something was happening to Kelski as she curled protectively around Dess and in turn felt protected. A possessiveness was growing in her that seemed to explode from a certain idea that he was hers. HERS. And as the feeling grew in her, something else even more unusual started to happen. Skin to skin, she could say she was feeling him, but it was more than that. She was starting to feel him. His thoughts, though not in words, began to creep across her awareness. Relaxed in his arms, touching him, she got a distinct sense of being him holding her… and how incredibly nice it felt. She was smaller, thinner, and not as strong, but she could feel him feeling her as strength. She felt him wanting to tell her things, not as a weakness but as a sharing that he’d never been able to do before. She marveled at this, and he in turn experienced her sense of wonder, her true joy of being wrapped around him.

She stroked his collarbone and felt his hand touch hers and she knew that this would be one of their shared gestures of reassurance, acceptance, and unity. And he felt the same way when she captured his wrist and explored the sensation he felt when she rubbed them, her eyes going half-lidded at his pleasure. When he ran his hands down her legs, exploring, she slid closer until her sex rubbed his length and her hands found his nipples. Pleasure exploded across their bodies, hers from his length, his from her attention to his nipples. She wanted badly to rise up, tilt her hips to join them abruptly, and feel him completely buried inside her. But she didn't want to rush it. The Kelvic knew she was already his - knew it like she knew darkness would fall and the sun would riseagain - but she wanted to savor this getting to know him. She wanted to anticipate him a bit longer. She wanted them to have ties that bound them deeply. Laying under him, accepting his body thrusting into her own, feeling his weight wasn't enough.

So she shifted, tickling him and laughing as he reacted to her touch on his abdomen. Determinantly, she drove them into a different direction. She was ticklish too, though she said nothing. He knew when she flexed her legs that it was behind her knees because she was thinking of him touching her there which was causing her momentarily worry.

Kelski paused, tiled her head, and moved her hands to his face. She traced his jawline and learned the curve of his cheek with the pads of her thumbs. Then she ran black taloned fingertips through his hair, rubbing at his scalp especially at the base of his neck. She leaned forward then, lightly kissing him. She ran her nose across his, playfully, and then nibbled at his lips again. Pulling his head down with her hands still buried in his hair, she ran her lips along the ridge his pale eyebrows sprang from and briefly rested her forehead against him. Her pelvis was moving against his and she was damp but unashamed of it. She made no move to deepen their position or to initiate their bodies joining. Her wetness was only an extension of the pleasure she found curled around him, touching him, and covering her body with his scent.

Eagles were sight predators, and she knew she would now know him a mile away, maybe further… by how he looked, how he moved, and even by his scent if the wind carried it. “We can do this more. I would like that. We could come here or at the tower. I’d love to sleep curled around you.” She mentioned, then she laughed and nuzzled at him. “We’ll have to wear more clothes if curl up together in the common rooms. The others are uncomfortable with so much skin.” She said, laughing lightly. “They miss out.” She added, pulling at one of his natural curls and watching it spring back with a chuckle.

Kelski was sensual but she was also relaxed and playful. He could feel exactly how she felt as if them touching for some reason had given him a direct link to her emotions. He knew she’d welcome even deeper intimacy but wasn’t hungry for it. This… this closeness was the drought she’d been withering under. And the more he ran his hands up her back, across her legs, or gently cupped her rump … the more he could feel how much she loved this… loved him for this. It was a new thing in her, a bright spark just barely come to life.

If he concentrated, pushed, he could feel how she felt about him both currently and in the past. Distant, she’d been uncertain and there’d been a sort of threatening undercurrent that he represented about a past she didn’t understand or want to accept. Current, he could feel her fascination with him, her need to know more, her desire to be with him. Dess could feel that he sparked her curiosity, ignited her arousal both mentally and physically, and caused longing that was almost obsession. And she loved. Time and intimacy were solidifying the emotion.

It was a surprising recognition. And though it was vague, like a plant that was newly sprouted but hadn’t yet unfolded its leaves to truly identify itself, he could tell what it was or at least what it was steamrolling towards. The Kelvic in his arms had a whole lot of love to give and she wanted to give it. In fact, she did so generously to the outcasts and wanderers who made their home with her.

And even as he felt her bared before him, Dess knew immediately that what he wondered about she’d speak to him off. Kelski was a simpler creature than a human, for all that she almost passed for his race. She didn’t deliberately hold things back. Instead, it just never occurred to her that he might want to know about things like Pitch – her black dagger – or the starfire key around her neck that opened a portal to another realm. And though she plotted and planned, she was raised to be an unimportant overlooked female and so she never thought people like Dess would wonder things about her because she’d never been a curiosity to anyone before.

His question didn’t take her off guard. Instead, it made her think deeply. “I like it all… all of you. Even your secrets and the dark things you don’t speak of but only fleetingly think of. I like your gathered power… it tastes like strength, determination, djed… I feel your djed too. A Dessarian Mage… I wasn’t sure such things happened. It attracts me. I like how you have this inner fire, this drive, that matches mine. But what I like most is how being close to you, I can feel you… feel your emotions. I didn’t know people could do that if they touched like this. I’ve never felt like that before. And now that we’ve been close, I feel like I could find you anywhere… know where you were, what you were thinking….” She said, nibbling at his collarbone absently.

There was no wonder at the connection, nothing but acceptance of it. Dess could see it for what it was being around it the whole of his life. But he could tell she didn’t understand what was happening and on many levels wasn’t ready to accept it. But there was only one thing that could explain their shared felt emotions, her sense of knowing where he was, and the fact that he could absolutely feel her pleasure as she touched him rather than just understand that it was pleasureful by watching her.

There was a bond there… some kind of budding fundamental Kelvic Bond, though far from normal and far from strong and final. Kelski had claimed to be damaged, unable to bond, and Dess knew she believed it absolutely. Maybe that’s why it hadn’t struck them both suddenly and intensely, but was instead happening carefully, quietly, maybe even stunted. It was like little connections were forming and he could absolutely tell she was completely blind to it… instead assuming what they were both feeling was normal among humans. Normal? What they felt was absolutely anything but normal among humans.

Bonds, though, only existed when they were understood, embraced, welcomed, and wanted. His Kelvic firmly believed she was broken, unable to function on even a most basic level like a normal Kelvic could. It was going to a problem… either here or later down the line.

She tilted her head, studied him at the sensation of him suddenly realizing something flooded her, and said… “What? Were you thinking about what you like most about this?” She asked, completely oblivious. Kelski might have seemed perfectly normal to a stranger, but Dess was starting to understand she had just as many hang ups as a non-Kelvic and several large blind spots.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext