PM to join Mistaken identity (Crylon Stonecraft)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Mistaken identity (Crylon Stonecraft)

Postby Vasin on June 14th, 2019, 10:10 am

Vasin was having a hard time understanding what Crylon meant, Isur make? made by Isur? He wasn't sure of the difference at all, but Crylon was being rather adamant that there was, in fact, a difference. It was kind of getting confusing with how he was explaining it to, and Vasin tried to walk it back through his mind."So basically... the difference between made and make... or made by and Isur vs an Isur Makes... is a matter of Izurdin? like when an Isur makes something vs made it means that..." Vasin was stretching his limits trying to understand."Do they put their heart and soul into it? Versus... doing for the sake of doing? or something like that?" Vasin asked not entirely sure he had gotten all of that as they walked.

After a couple of moments, he came back in mind to the gem."As for the gem... sure I think I will." he said with a shrug as they walked."Though I wonder what a place of celebration would be? Like a gathering place? Dance area? Could really be anything as you said. Though given what you said about building." he paused as they rounded a corner down the street."It should be an impressive building yeah? Do you know how large it is going to be? Any idea of it?" he asked Crylon merely curious about the addition to the Gem.

"You ever been into stumble alley before? They don't call it that because it's an easy to navigate place." he said with a pause."Probably the reason why you haven't heard of the library before is that it's in that place. Plenty of people never come out. So best to know your way around." he said looking over to Crylon as they walked slowly but surely making their way to stumble alley."What do you know about Sunberth anyways?"
Vasin
Player

Words: 290557
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on June 15th, 2019, 1:32 am

Crylon was dumbfounded. Either his metaphors were no good, or he had struck upon a truly dumb human. He might have thought it was him, but he had used more than enough examples and metaphors and explanations by then to think this human was simply dense.

Far too dense to understand, he was beginning to think. But Crylon was if nothing else hard to convince to give in. To give up. He was an isur, he could overcome anything! Even a foolish human who refused to listen when an Isur did his best to speak and explain using a language which did not have the right words for what he was explaining.

Simpler maybe, Crylon considered to himself? More direct? More literal. More direct relationships.

Crylon paused as the human spoke back to him, lowering his head for a moment and kneading his brow with the fingers of his right hand, before he suddenly perked up with fire in his eyes once more.

An idea. Hands. Arms. Izurdin! He was the metaphor! He was the example, of Izurdin's own craft and ability. As was his left arm. When he spoke it was not in a tone meant to be rude, more akin to a tone one might use on a child standing before a wall and not understanding how to use the latch on the gate to get through.

“One time more, okay? I try one time more. I know you get, just listen yes? Take rocks from ears, toss aside, listen. Listen to what say, not what think say. Not what suppose say. Listen to as say. Yes? Okay. I do best, but as say common not have proper words to explain what try explain, so must go... About round way yes? Come at from side.”

With little more preamble Crylon entered into another explanation of the same thing he had been trying to explain to the human for some time. Almost as if he was willfully not understanding!

“What you say before, wrong. Not at all what say. Not about put in more effort, not just try harder. Put in more... Heart? Why put organ in when make thing? Is just make mess. Not make sense. Is more... More. In same way put in one miza, take out one miza. This put in five miza, get out five miza. Different things, different measure. Not same at all. As would not call one miza same as five miza.”

“Izurdin, father of Isur. His domain, his power, of make. Industry. When something made, anything made. Boots. Sword. House. Is lent this from Izurdin domain. But is his domain, his to lend out. Can lend same as normal, or can lend more than normal. Is same when he make, can make by pull upon self more, or less.”

Tugging at the clothe of his pants, Crylon tried to pull the humans attention.

“This normal pants. When person make, pull... One miza of create from Izurdin's domain. Is normal pants, when make normal thing, any person can do, pull one miza of create and make one miza pants.”

“Izurdin, though he do more. He pull more, when make Isur. Our body, more. He say pull... Fifty mizas of create, to make Isur.”

Using his right arm here, Crylon pointed at his left arm. At the appropriate moment he also smashed this limb into the ground, to show it was unharmed.

“One arm of Isur, is special. Is not harmed, is perfect tool gifted to Isur by Izurdin. When he give special arm for Isur, when he make, he pull more create from his domain. Say pull... Two hundred mizas of create. Is more than just normal arm, is more. Is smash on ground, not hurt, not harm. Is put in vice, smash with hammer, not hurt arm. Because Izurdin make more, by put in more. Is two hundred miza of create arm.”

Pausing here, Crylon would take a moment to make sure the human was following, before continuing.

“Now Isur, Isur not Izurdin. When make thing normal, is normal. Normal make, one miza create. We make pants, is one miza pants of create. Make boots, sword, is one miza. Is same as anyone do. But, Isur is touch by Izurdin, and so sometimes, sometimes Isur can use more of create than normal one miza. Izurdin give aid from his domain, and Isur make special, can maybe make... Five miza of create item. Is more than normal of that thing when make. Not as special as Isur, not as special as Isur special arm which not harm by any, but still more than normal one miza make. Maybe is... Harder. Stronger. More like Isur, more like Izurdin. But is lent from Izurdin.”

“Is make sense? All create is different amount pull on domain of Izurdin. Normal make, is one miza. Isur special arm, not harm by any, two hundred miza od create by Izurdin. But sometimes Isur do this also, not as much as Izurdin, but more normal, is make maybe five miza make. Is make sense, yes, when say Isur made? Is when say this, is when mean this five miza make.”

Letting out a sigh, Crylon watched the humans eyes, hoping the examples and metaphors and numbers would make sense. If not, he was at a loss of how to explain it to the man besides showing him an example of Izentor. And that was an extent he was not willing to go to.

When the human brought up the building, Crylon considered for a few moments before responding.

“Not know how large be. Would ask Kelski. She know, I not. Not see full plans. Is just start, is early. Not even begin put up. Still work ground.”

“Stumble ally? Not sure if been fore. Name not sound familiar, but not know all names of places. Maybe been fore, not sure. But sound from what say, is good idea have someone been before to show way.”

Pausing at his latest question, Crylon once more considered the mans words before continuing.

“Is know places been too, but not much. Know place by docks. Now... Market, been market. Uh... Few other place. Not many. Not been long, still learning of city. Still learn. Still find. Not much more than that. What all you know of city, where all you been?”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Vasin on July 7th, 2019, 12:36 am

Vasin seemed to grow more and more confused by the way Crylon was describing what Izentor was, indeed he was becoming confused. But then, something clicked and Vasin had an expression that matched it."I think I do understand." Vasin said pausing getting his thoughts in order."Someone... or well anyone can make a normal thing. Say a sword. Any blacksmith can make a sword. If they are all equals then they can make swords of comparable normal quality. But what you are saying is that... well... you can borrow Izentor or from Izentor or something like that. You can borrow or be lent a little or a lot? Your arm, you mention it being like 200 Mizas compared to something normal. Like my arm? It has that something special to it you mentioned. So no, it's not effort or pouring a soul into it, it's about being able to imbue it with this Izentor... borrowing. The individual has a part in it you mentioned, but it is not like what I said before. Completely different. You call upon it and borrow when creating. Thus making it more special... worth more... no not that wording... More like it is just better! Better!"

"You would know if you have been in stumble alley before. It is infamous for getting people lost in its twisting streets. I've been all over, but the city holds many secrets." Vasin would say. "I don't know much about the history of this city to be honest. Not many do, nor do many cares. I've been trying to though. From what I have learned however this used to be a mining city under mages. That is why there are so many tunnels underneath. I do believe the general dislike for mages has to do with that as well. The place also seems to have no central planning to it. Though it does spread out from places of importance." they would be walking along Lasin making sure to keep Crylon close by not wanting to leave him behind in the streets of stumble alley. It was a dangerous place to be certain.
Vasin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on July 7th, 2019, 1:37 am

Crylon waited. And waited some more. Then a bit longer after that, when he finished talking. Like water soaking into the ground to make dirt, he gave the human some time for the words to sink in. He was no skilled teacher, but he would be darned if he could not explain Izurdin and his touch on the world to someone.

If a Isur was to teach something, even if it took quite some time and quite a few tries, this would be it.

He knew when he saw the look of understanding finally cross the mans face that he had come to understand what Crylon was saying. Maybe, Crylon thought to himself, he had a knack for this teaching and explaining thing! Even if it did take half a dozen tries...

Nodding, a smile crossed Crylons lips breaking up his usually serious demeanor.

“Is... More or less. All make, is borrow small bit of power of Izurdin, smallest touch of Izentor. This, through his touch on Isur, is much greater. But other than this... Yes, is correct.”

Nodding and still smiling, Crylon looked at the human.

“Is good, is good you see what mean. Is as say, is use Izentor, when is this "Isur make" that is do this, is borrow more of make from Izurdin. But this is not something Isur do lightly. Is heavy thing, to do this. Normal make, is just on body. But when do this, when borrow greater from Izurdin to make greater, is much more... Strain. IIs not something do lightly. I not even do fore, is waiting till right time. Till right skill to use proper. Not sure easy find Isur, who willing do. If find Isur willing do, is sign much closeness, if willing do for one.”

Crylon considered the humans words on the area they approached or where entering, which of the two he was not entirely clear on. Crylon would spend a few moments looking about, before returning his gaze to Vasin.

“Is say streets twist. But not all in Sunberth do? Is bad planning, I thought, not good order. Is seen fore, most do wind and not follow pattern. But also Isur, from mountain. And mountains, have underground. Not see by sun, or stars, to make direction. Make direction is... Inside Isur. Is know which way facing. Is like breathing. Is you not know which direction going or come from?

Here Crylon was puzzled. He knew Isur were better than non Isur when it came to traveling tunnels and such, but he had not realized that their own internal sense of direction was so bad.

Pointing vaguely behind them, but in a specific direction back more or less towards the bar, Crylon pointed, then vaguely east to the sea.

“We come from that way, from bar. And when face this way as now, then this way is go to get where land meet water. Is human not know where at like Isur?

Crylon was interested to hear of what little Sunberth history Vasin knew, which was much more than Crylon knew. Which was more or less nothing. What he said made sense though. All of the tunnels due to mining, he had more or less figured. No other reason for them seemed feasible. But that it had been a old mining town, run by magic users? That was interesting. And could partly explain how so many Sunberthians felt about magic, if it had once been used for ill against them.

Pausing in his speech for a moment once Vasin responded to his last question, Crylon would pose one more.

“Vasin? Where from? You of Sunberth? Or some to city?”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Vasin on July 27th, 2019, 1:59 pm

"So there is a chance that what the Isur at the Smithy Makes is nothing... Special? Or well, I mean what they make could be what anyone of sufficient skill could make. Doesn't mean they are borrowing or using Izentor. It just could mean that an Isur is making it." Vasin said thinking about it a moment more."I suppose that if I didn't know the difference, the majority of people might not either. If they do use Izentor they may only do it for clients of note or on rare occasions. If they are very close as you said then they may be more willing then? Regardless, probably best to find out with my own eyes." Vasin said with a shrug before glancing back to Crylon once more."From what I recall, most of their goods are second hand. You have to commit to something if you want it now. Most are more than willing to buy used." Vasin gestured around himself."Not much money to go around and not many seem to care if something is worth the money or not. An odd combo to be sure."

"Well, yes! All the Streets in Sunberth twist and turn. Many are confusing of course." Vasin said with a pause."I know my way to and from the library, but exploring out through this place can be dangerous. I got ambushed the other day when..." he shook his head getting off-topic."Alright so, the different between stumble alley and the rest of Sunberth is like this. The rest of Sunberth is like climbing a steep hill. It can be learned, and you can get better and better at it. Stumble Alley? It is like climbing a mountain. Once you have done it, maybe found a particular path it gets a little easier. But each time you branch out from what you know it becomes difficult again." he said like his example of the difference between the two."Many dead ends, routes that loop in on themselves, and hidden ways. Doesn't help that I suspect most people living here want it to be easy to get lost in." Vasin said with a slight gesture of the hand.

"I know where I am, but it isn't that simple at pointing in a direction. You said it yourself this place has bad planning. Just in Stumbly Alley, it is taken up a notch or two." Vasin said not wanting Crylon to get himself lost in here."This place is not as simply as going in one direction. For instance!" Vasin said coming to a stop. They were at a point in the road split into two directly seemingly in the same direction."These both seem to go the same way right? Well, the one on the left will either loop you back to the street we just came down on, and rather subtly so. The one on the right will take us to the library after some turns. Lots of buildings here look the same, and roads don't always suddenly change direction. I do not doubt if you just kept at it you could find your way to the water. But you have to treat this place like a maze. Plus, the layout isn't all you have to worry about. People don't go missing here because they get lost. They go missing because someone kills them while in here." Vasin warned looking to Crylon.

"Where am I from?" Vasin questioned with a raised eyebrow pausing in his step."Nowhere really. Though..." Vasin scratched his beard."I suppose you could say I came from the ocean? Was born on a boat." he said before he resumed walking."Where are you from?" Vasin questioned back though after rounding a corner they would find themselves at the Library."Ah! There it is. Dusty old place, but it has a lot in it." Vasin said as they would approach.
Vasin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on August 12th, 2019, 11:37 pm

Crylon gave a half smile, as the full implication of what Crylon had explained seemed too leech into the humans brain.

He might have been told one thing, that he might acquire some weapons or such of Isur make, but now he understood the depth of its truth and what it meant or might not mean.

He could also see some less than honest people making it appear one was meant, while in truth the other or something else entirely was meant. In Sunberth it would not surprise him.

“If buy made fore, used, is seem not likely is true make with Izurdin's will infused in making. Is done in crafting, not in owning.”

At the humans explanation of Stumble Alley and other parts, Crylon simply wrinkled a brow and shrugged. Most of the city seemed a mass of utter disordered chaos without any planning or reasoning. One bit by his perception did not truly seem any worse than any other, but he seemed to be indicating this was the case.

“Hill just baby mountain, and Isur of mountain. With time, with will, with training, is do. Same any other thing.”

He said this to the human, but still Crylon listened and observed. Watched the path they had taken, so that if he did get lost he could retrace his steps.

His notion though that buildings looked the same brought a clear look of incredulity to the Isur's face.

“Same? How look same? Not seen two buildings look same, since come here. No one builds same, all differ. Like a pattern of vines crossing a wall, each unique.”

Crylon paused here, growing thoughtful once more.

“Mmm... But then, I is know buildings. Like how medicine person, know body. See... Skeleton, of buildings. See in way maybe others not. So maybe is why all seem so differ, is know what to look for, and what looking at.”

As they approached the library, Crylon considered the mans words and question once more. Born on a boat? How odd...

“Is thanks, for showing way. And me? Is true Isur, I am from Sultros. City of Isur.”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Vasin on September 8th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Vasin clapped almost rather excitedly and raided a thumb."See! Not everyone knows as much about buildings like you. Especially people around here." Vasin gestured around himself a little. He recalled their earlier conversation."I suppose it is also no different then if a hunter or a woodsman went through a forest. Someone like myself not recognizes the pattern of trees, or distinguish them, but they could make out the patterns and find their way around." Vasin said giving it another moment of thought."But yes, a lot of this my first couple of times through looked the same to me. As you know I am not versed in buildings so you can imagine it has taken me a while to pick on the subtle things."

"It is the least I can do." Vasin said with a nod."If you wish I can show you inside. I have somewhat of an idea as to how tey organizes things. Nothing inside is labeled of course. So what at first may seem random is an organized mess. Except for the unorganized shelves, those are just a complete mess." Vasin chuckled a little.

"How far away is Sultros? Must have been rather the journey... though if I may ask. Why Sunberth? I certainly didn't end up here because I wanted to."
Vasin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on September 22nd, 2019, 9:19 pm

Crylon nodded, accepting the mans words which were in a ways agreement with his own words. Or introspection.

He knew buildings, understood them in the way a mason understood stone, a sculptor a block of marble, or a cobbler shoes. But someone who did not likewise understand such things would likely then not see distinctness. Rather like how he saw a fish and saw a fish, but a fisherman might see a fish and know its type and taste and where it came from.

“Will have bear mind, in future, not all see with same eyes. Not all know same, is why people have jobs and not just... Make all self. Do all self. Is better to... Specialize. To focus mind on one thing get good at.”

At the humans offer Crylon turned to the library and considered the structure.

“No. Is kind, but think will explore on own now that know where at. Is been long day, and other things need do before time to look books. Read. One fore other.”

At the mention of his home city, Sultros, Crylon paused and reminded himself of his position in the city. Mentally considered where the sun rose, where it set, and his own position. And then back to home, where the sun rose, where it set. And therefore where it was from here, trailed along by his journey to here.

Pointing vaguely east, his finger finding a bit more certainty in the general direction after bit, Crylon made his direction clear.

“Is that way. Far off. Sultros, city of Isur, in Kalea. Mountains, with city on, in, under, about. Across land, or water, or land and water, till get to mountains. Is likely... Seasons journey, from here, to get back.”

At the humans other question, of why he was in Sunberth, Crylon smiled and gave a much more prepared answer. One he had thought of before and been asked and made to answer before.

“Who says choose Sunberth? Is just here time, for do things. Season, or two, or more, or less. Till get what need. Till learn and do what need. Been other cities, in human lands. Will likely be in others after swell. Learn new things, in each. And also, I is build. Or... Builder. Planner of build. Architect. What place need more, of good make build than here? Is what call... Market without opening... Tapping? Like keg of ale, left in room and forgotten, without someone open.”

Crylon paused then, looking up at the sky, at the trail of smoke which seemed to constantly run across the city to some degree. The wind tossing it sometimes away, but most of the time blowing overhead as a constant haze. At the moment it was clearly visible overheard, the wind having turned.

Apparently humans did not take care with their fires or smoke. Isur knew about how to build for such things, to let in air and to let smoke out, after all they did much work in their forges. Such a sight was another clear sign to the Isur of the difference with the humans versus the Isur.

“Is thank you, for show. If want place build, maybe you come find and we do something. Make something of proper.”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Previous