[Anti's Scrap] Upsidedown

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Antipodes on September 25th, 2018, 9:43 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a heads up about my dwindling activity (not that it's been great this month with moving my mum! That's thankfully done and dusted now.) I thought work would die down a bit these next two weeks (it's school holidays here and usually everyone goes away somewhere and bookings drop) but it's been the opposite. I've also picked up a contract with Cricket Australia so that's keeping me extra busy.

I'm mainly posting this to assure folks I haven't forgotten about threads or other commitments. I know I have boxcode requests still waiting from July (*sob*) and I intend on rectifying the issues posted in the Lore Discrepancy thread AND stay on top of the global grading status. Just need to get through this weekend (sold out international T20 women's match on Monday = lots of time and prep over the weekend). Here's hoping for some slower weeks so I can have some energy time to play catch up.

Thank you all so much for your patience with me <3
Last edited by Antipodes on September 30th, 2019, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 42671
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Antipodes on March 16th, 2019, 3:21 am

Hey hey,

I'm not much of a scrap-writer and not big on talking about myself. However, as many of you know, I'm based in Australia; others may even know I'm a (dual) New Zealand citizen with my mum hailing from there and travelling there often. I just felt the need to express my grief and shock with the recent events in Christchurch (Ōtautahi), a city that has already experienced so much due to devastating earthquakes in the past. I was deeply shaken then and moreso now. It's hard to describe how I'm feeling; Although I am certainly not directly affected, there's this feeling of innocence lost and deep pain that those of us with connections to Aotearoa are feeling.

I know horrendous atrocities occur every day, every hour, all across the globe. I'm not meaning to make this seem as if it's somehow greater. It's just very raw. This sort of thing simply doesn't happen down here. New Zealand - and, moreover, Kiwis, in general - are known for their hospitality and love.

So this is my reason for posting this scrap.. To show love, care and unity in this time of shock, hurt and grief. I'm also not sure how quick I'm going to be with posting as Orakan given the nature of the character and my current headspace.. so I apologise for my delayed replies and starters that I owe.

Much love and many thanks for understanding.. reading.. what-have-you.

Kia kaha whanau arohanui..
Last edited by Antipodes on September 30th, 2019, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antipodes

Scrapbook

[Anti's Scrap] Misadventures of opposite poles girl

Postby Neologism on March 16th, 2019, 3:40 am

That was such shocking news to hear, and I am so sorry for the people of New Zealand and of the Christchurch. I don't think anyone can ever really prepare for that kind of evil and pure hate. My heart goes out to the New Zealanders and everyone affected by such gruesome and horrible events.

We love and support you, Anti, and when things hit very close to home like these do, it can take a toll. Do what you need to cope with the impact that this has on your life and we will be here when you return. <3

Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Orakan on May 26th, 2019, 4:03 am

Hey folks,

Some of you might know that I look after my mum and others might know that she's terminally ill. She's a stubborn thing that I love to bits and she goes in for surgery this coming Wednesday to remove a tumour that's been causing quite a lot of grief. I wanted to let you all know I'll be away in NZ as a result and that I should be back Sunday week (9 June) if all goes to plan <3

Apologies for any inconvenience; I'll do my best to get on top of placeholders and replies before I go!

Much love,
Anti
Last edited by Orakan on September 30th, 2019, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The means to every crime is ours,
and we employ them all,
we multiply the horror a hundredfold.”

Image Image
Orakan
Lost Boy

Words: 101764
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 1:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Antipodes on August 30th, 2019, 7:07 am

Hello hello,

I've been putting off this scrap for some time but felt it might be cathartic to finally get it written and posted. Again, I'm not big on talking about myself so this may be a bit clunky or awkward. So here we go.

TW death :
I mentioned it on discord previously but my mum passed on 22 June, two days after my birthday.

I spent half my birthday in an airport, trying not to have a breakdown, and the other half at mum's side. I slept a maximum of three hours that evening (it was an evening from hell) and that was it until she passed just over twenty four hours later. The doctors had told me the day prior that she'd make it another week :| It was quick; kidney failure. I hope it was painless (I was told it was) but it was a horrendous thing to witness. My brother's flight got him into NZ four hours too late and that tore me up almost more than anything else.

Losing her has been a lot to process, naturally, as she had been such a massive part of my life. I had been her caregiver for the past seven years: I dropped my life and career here over five years ago to spend a year and a half looking after her in the states, during which we battled homelessness and the (no offence) godawful healthcare system. I uprooted her from the life she had built for herself and moved her in with me after that and dealt with all the ups and downs that followed as a result. What I'm trying to get at is that we have been through hell and high water together and her passing (although not unexpected) has left a massive gap in my life and left me with a bit of an identity crisis.

On top of that is everything else. I was her power of attorney and now the executor of her will. Since returning home from NZ early/mid July, I've been in charge of the massive undertaking that is managing a deceased estate, especially one for a woman that was all about retail therapy and made sure to fill her three bedroom townhouse. There's a lot to navigate and I'm only just addressing probate. It's overwhelming. I act super happy and positive (and will continue to) but I'm struggling.

My reason for writing this scrap is to, I guess, explain my absence and ask for your (continued) patience with me. I'm at a place, now, where I feel like I can start dedicating more time and energy to Miz so hopefully you'll start seeing my name and accounts around a bit more. I just want you guys to know that things may be hit and miss with me depending on what I'm tackling (or, hell, even if a therapy session happened to be confronting - yay EMDR uncovering shit I've been avoiding most of my adult life~~). But I also want to assure folks that I am not going anywhere. I'll continue to linger like a bad smell, I just might have some bad days here and there.

Thanks for your understanding x

Much Love,
Anti
Last edited by Antipodes on September 30th, 2019, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antipodes

Scrapbook

Postby Antipodes on September 7th, 2019, 5:00 am

Hey hey,

Just a heads up to let folks know we're a week into spring down here in my neck of the woods and already in full on severe-to-catastrophic bushfire levels with multiple fires already burning in bushland 30-60 mins north and south of me. Activity may be affected as a result. Thanks for understanding x

Much Love,
Anti
Antipodes

Scrapbook

Postby Antipodes on September 30th, 2019, 5:19 am

Hey hey. Just a small thing, here. As someone who has been around Miz for a bit, it's easy to forget how overwhelming stuff can be for new folks, especially when it comes to who is who. So, for the sake of transparency, this is me:

Staff Account Antipodes
IC Accounts
    Orakan - 22, Male, Human, Daggerhand Thug.
    Based in Sunberth. Inactive for the time being but I intend to pick up his story at some point.
    My current grader account.

Orias - 24, Male, Human, Sailor.
    Based in Ravok. My lone active PC for now.
If you see any of those floating around, it's me ;) As mentioned previously, I'm hoping to be more active these days and intend on tackling grades and boxcodes this week as I intentionally made it a bit quieter for myself (loads of outside work to do).

Anywho, much love and happy writing <3
Antipodes

Scrapbook

Postby Antipodes on October 3rd, 2019, 10:29 am

Hey hey, just a heads up that I will be away tomorrow, Saturday, Monday and Wednesday. I have a CPE workshop (professional development) and another three hour assessment tomorrow (plus clients) and then I'm working the Australia v Sri Lanka ODI series for Cricket Australia Sat, Mon & Wed. I'll be absolutely buggered as a result so if you don't see me, that's why.

Much love and happy writing,
Anti x
Antipodes

Scrapbook