Happy Thanksgiving, Mizahar!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on November 28th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Greetings Mizahar!

Its been ten years of gaming for us here on Mizahar. That gaming has had its ups and downs, but we've always had a good time, eh? I think its fitting that I get my 20,000th post here on the site on Thanksgiving Day, 2019 wishing all of you a great deal of love and happiness in your lives.

I'm grateful for this site. It's saved my sanity more often than naught. I'm grateful for Tarot, and my other active founders. I'm also incredibly grateful for the marvelous group of gamers we have onboard filling out pages with stories.

Thank you each and every one. Season Change is just about on us. NaNo is just about over. And we have a new set of Features coming out. I hope you will love the amazing Character and Contributor we get to showcase this next season.

Feel free to share your gratitude below as well. If you have specific compliments to fellow players, be sure to include them. It's never a bad thing to make someone happy or remind them how grateful you are with them being in your life. Life is short. LIfe is bittersweet. We have to enjoy the good times when they are here.

Write on, my fellow fantasy enthusiasts. You are amazing.

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kamilla on November 28th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Thank you for that beautiful heartwarming post. It really made me feel warm inside.

As for my giving of thanks, I'd like to give it to you and the other founders for creating such a wonderful place as well as anyone who's ever contributed positively to Mizahar.

I'm sure most of you know I've been around(on and off) for a while but I'm not sure many of you know EXACTLY how long... after all, Kam is only my 4th PC.
I joined Mizahar in 2011 when I was brand new to any sort of formal roleplay. Since then I've been on and off, sometimes for years at a time, but I always find myself drawn back to this magical world. Miz has always been a place I go to catch a break from my problems when I need a quick escape, as well as a source of true entertainment for me.

I am truly grateful for this site and everyone on it. Reading and writing stories with you is such a wonderful part of my life.

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ines on November 28th, 2019, 9:24 pm

I would like to thank Gossamer for being an awesome friend and for creating Mizahar, a site I have loved so much as to keep coming back. Also Syka is kick-ass and I can't wait to explore it more.

I would like to thank Ambrosia/Autumn/Oresnya for being so nice, the best to word war and sprint with, and for having me draw his characters. I'll also thank him for having a career of saving cute animals! :P

I would like to thank Kamilla and Sophia for being great, patient thread partners, and for the rest of Syka for being awesome, too.

I would like to thank Gillar and Luminescence for running Ravok and Lhavit, as well as Gillar for being a founder and developing a lot of Miz that I love.

I would like to thank Antipodes for being a tireless CS liasion and for helping countless newbies with their character sheets. Lumi, you fit in here too. :)

Happy 10th Thanksgiving Miz!
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on November 29th, 2019, 2:22 am

I am so thankful for Miz! This site has been my escape from my busy, stressful life. I am so happy to be part of this community for over a year (as of November 21st) and I hope to continue writing here for the years to come. After all, Miz is the place that is helping to forever improve my writing.

I would also like to thank the amazing storyteller of Lhavit, Lumi! Through your personal life, you still manage to run an entire city and help the players within it. And thank you to the awesome thread partners I have had. You have all helped me with learning my writing style, improving my writing, and learning more about my character and who she really is.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone in the Discord! I love being able to chat OOC with you guys! I gain tons of inspiration just from listening to what you guys say about your characters and the threads you guys write. I have said it in the Quick Thanks thread, but I will say it again, Thanks Mayhem for creating and forever improving Mizbot! And thank you Ambro for the neverending words of encouragement and challenges that are always motivating me to write more!

Everyone rocks! <3 Happy writing, Mizaharians.

Dev
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Baelin Holt on November 29th, 2019, 5:05 pm

For a volunteer-run roleplaying site to still be going strong after ten years is truly a feat of perseverance and determination. I’m absurdly thankful that this is something Gossamer has decided she wants, and that day in and day out, year after year, she keeps it going. Writing here is absolutely one of my favorite things to do―more so than a whole slew of other hobbies―and it really is nothing short of amazing that I’m still able to do so. To all the staff over the years who have contributed their time (and especially Nightmare for being so patient with my newbie ass back when I first started): Thank you! To all the players who have given far more to Mizahar than just the advancement of their own PCs: Thank you! And to Gossamer (and Gillar and Tarot), who have kept it alive and going, despite how much of a pain in the ass that must sometimes be: You’re the best, your game is fantastic. Thank you!
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on November 30th, 2019, 2:53 am

I'm thankful to this site for simply existing. I'm thankful that ten years ago Gossamer and Gillar and Tarot and others dreamed up this place and have kept it running through thick and thin. Without it I never would have discovered this outlet for the writing that I love to do.

I'm thankful for this amazingly talented playerbase. I'm not very involved in the social aspect of this game, so I know for a fact I don't say this as often as I need to, but thank you all for the endless well of wonderful stories I've been consuming over the years. I'm excited to see what happens with Shiress' impending baby and Kamilla's slowly shifting worldview, the Dev/Zach romance we didn't know we needed in our lives, and of course my favorite: the adventures of Caspian the human puppy. And a special thank you to Jomi, who's been my part time editor and full time partner in crime, for putting up with with me and my constant bullying for almost three whole years.

I'm thankful for Lumi, Lhavit's fearless leader, and her fellow mods for keeping their cities running smoothly. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to weave us wonderful settings and events to play around in. We appreciate everything you do for us.

I hope my American friends had a wonderful thanksgiving!
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)