Closed Of Savings and Salves[Kelski]

Crylon and Kelski meet at the outpost...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

Of Savings and Salves[Kelski]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on January 18th, 2020, 7:10 pm

15 Winter 519

It had been several days since Crylon had seen Kelski. Something, Crylon reminded himself, was not so odd. He often went days without seeing the kelvic, what with both being so busy and working about the Demesne.

But it had been quite a number of days since he had last seen her, and he knew she had been spending time taking care of her injured relative along with others. Her vanishing seemed odd, particularly when he realized said relative of Kelski was also gone. It was time to inquire about the events occurring about the Demesne.

Going by the sawmill Crylon found Sona hard at work as usual, keeping the building in operation along with her own relative.

“Sona. Is seen Kelski about? Her gone, her family gone.”

Pausing in her work Sona gave Crylon a quizzical look before letting out a sigh.

"Crylon, you really need to keep up with things. She took him to get medical treatment in the new Dovecote."

Crylon frowned, unsure on how bringing her injured family member into the new bird building would be of use. He had noticed the building appear the other day, not so odd a thing when you lived with the Gem and such living structures.

“Yes, is saw new building. Thought just nother bit Gem. What is have do with care for injury?”

Shaking her head Sona let out another sigh, seeming as usual slightly exasperated with Crylon.

"Crylon, seriously? Do you not listen to anyone around here? Its been the talk for days now! Days and days. When you go inside the Dovecote, close it and then exit, you leave from another place! How have you not heard about this?"

Frowning Crylon shrugged, considering what she had said.
“Is been working. Suppose not had much time, talk other things.”

"Petch Crylon, you have got to pay attention to stuff! I'm surprised you noticed when we got attacked before! She went there to care for her family, to look after him and help with his care."

Crylon thanked Sona for the information and left, deciding as he did that he should go see this new place and see Kelski. Maybe she needed help. Maybe she needed someone to talk to. Or maybe there was nothing for her to do, and she could use something to take her mind off things.

Dressing in his slightly nicer clothes, linen pants and vest, sandals, along with his magical backpack which held numerous tools and items and bits of money, Crylon headed from his living space and toward the new Dovecote.

It was as he did so that he noticed the small inanimate object that was Tideon Wavemoon. The tiny sometimes living statue was silent and still sitting on a table. Crylon considered for a moment, realizing Kelski had not met the tiny being. He had been busy and so had not woken the statue in a few days, but that did not quite seem right...

Making a quick prayer Crylon closed his eyes and spoke in Isurian.

“Laviku, thank you for your bounty. For the fish of the sea, for the travel and transport it provides. Bless us this day with fine surf and fine seas, and calm the tempest that strive across them.”

As he finished speaking Crylon opened his eyes, noticing that at some point Tide had awoken and stood up.

"Well finally. So what are we doing today?"

“To see Kelski, in new place. Let us go.”

With that Crylon settled the tiny living statue on one shoulder, and headed for the dovecote.

Within he found... Doves. And little else. It seemed a normal enough structure at first glance. Closing the door behind him Crylon waited, but nothing seemed to happen. Figuring he had done something wrong Crylon headed to the door to go ask Sona another question, hoping she could explain to him exactly how to work the place.

Only to find, as he stepped out the door, he was no longer in the Demesne.

“What? Who? Where?”

As he blurted out whatever words in common he could think of, he was approached by a slightly older human male. He held up a piece of paper as he spoke, handing it to Crylon.

"Welcome to The Outpost. I am Paul. I can see you are new here. When you enter your domain's Dovecote, you will arrive here. Later when you want to go back, you simply reverse the process and will exit back home. Easy enough."

Pointing at the paper, Paul continued.

"This is Xyna's Outpost, Goddess of Money, Coin, and Trade. And as such, her Outpost is a hub for trade. Now, are you looking to acquire anything specific? All of the major areas and locations are listed here."

“Ah... Looking for Kelski, friend from home. She at place of medical with family. Is now where that is?”

Nodding Paul pointed at the map again, indicating a certain area.

"You want The Redynn. Its the Medical Facility here. If she is getting medical aid, that is where she would be. It is here, and you are here on the map."

“I thank for information and assist. Good day wish you.”

Tide spoke, waving at the man as Crylon began to leave. "He means he wishes you to have a good day, not quite master common. You spoke of Xyna, have you heard of Laviku...."

With that Crylon set off, cutting Tide off mid sentence. He considered his own location on the map and where he was facing, along with the Redynn, making his way more or less towards it. Luckily it was well laid out and structured, and he had a clear map, so finding his way about was much easier than some other places he had been such as Sunberth.

Once he arrived he would head inside and ask for Kelski, hopefully being directed to her room.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Kelski on January 19th, 2020, 6:40 am

The Redynn was a sprawling building near the center of The Outpost with extensive gardens and an exterior that looked like it was a posh resort. The décor carried inside with a long welcoming hall with seating areas on the left and curtained enormous rooms on the right. There was no front desk, no sign of what the purpose of the place actually was until one noted the Opal Order Healers occasionally crossing from one curtained room to another. The place had a smell though, something common with all medical places – of antiseptic and cleaning supplies – as if it were cleaned routinely. Occasionally someone would cross from one room to another carrying supplies or answering a tinkling bell sounding in the distance.

Once such worker noted Crylon and smiled at him approaching. “Welcome, I’m Eva.” The young woman said, looking utterly human, unlike the healer who occasionally passed down the hall. “Do you need something?” The human asked, politely waiting, and then nodded as Crylon explained he was looking for Kelski. “Oh, yes. Follow me. I can show you where the brother and sister are.” She said, beckoning to Crylon and then leading him down the wide hall past several curtained-off rooms. She slipped into a third one, past a wide set of curtains, and into a chamber that held half a dozen beds. In the far corner, near a sun-lit window, was a familiar figure curled up in one of the beds. Kelski, also curled up on top of the covers with her hand on her brother’s shoulder, lay sleeping as well. She looked exhausted, but there was a slight smile on her slumbering face.

When the pair approached and the woman broke off and gestured at Kelski, the Kelvic opened her silver eyes, blinked twice and sat up. She stifled a yawn, seemed to come only slowly into an awareness of where she was, and nodded to Crylon. “What are you doing here?” She said curiously, sitting up more fully and covering her mouth with her hand. She yawned full of this time, swung her legs off the bed, and stood up gently vacating the comfort of the warm spot beside her brother and walked to Crylon. She kept her voice low and glanced over her shoulder at the man who had been unconscious most of the season.

His eyes were blinking open and he half sat up as well. His dark hair fell across his brow, overly long and in need of a cut. His eyes were a startling blue, and like Kelski’s, they were so pale they made him look almost blind. His expression, the shape of his gaunt aware face, and the way he sat up painfully yet gracefully reminded Crylon so much of Kelski herself that there was no doubt in anyone’s mind the pair were closely related.

“Kalistan, this is my friend Crylon. Crylon, this is my brother, Kalistan.” She said, this time pitching her voice in normal tones, not in a whisper as she had before. If she’d meant to not wake her brother, she’d decidedly had dropped the ruse of being quiet now that he was awake.

“Hello.” The man said quietly, his voice harsh and raspy, as if he hadn’t used it in a very long time. He looked ill, pale, and wane as if he hadn’t been in the sun for a long long time. He shifted under the blankets and Crylon could see the painful thinness to his limbs. “You know an Izur, Kelski?” He asked quietly, though his tone said more than his comment did. He wanted to know how they knew each other and where they’d met. The questions were all over his face.

“What are you doing here, Crylon? Did you get my note?” She asked, referring to the note she’d left to the guild members about her taking her brother to see the Opal Order healer at The Outpost. “Is everything alright at home?” She asked, suddenly cold. “Tell me everything is alright!” She whispered urgently. Her own eyes were now filled with as many questions as Kalistan’s were.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on January 19th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Crylon knew the place by the smell. It smelled of clean. Of burning on the air, pungent cleaning removing all aspects of dirt and things that might make one sick.

Unless of course one had a sensitive nose, and then he supposed the smell might make one sick. And then they would need to clean more, which would make them more sick...

As he entered a worker at the medical facility named Eva introduced herself, leading Crylon to Kelski and her room.

“Thank you” Crylon said in simple enough common even he could get it right.

At the mention of Kelski and her sibling Crylon thought back to his own family back in Sultros. Of his family and clan and all those about him striving for one purpose as all the Isur inevitably did. In human lands things were so much more confusing, less directed, but living in the Demesne he felt like he had found a small haven of such focus. A entire group of people with focused intent working for the betterment of the group and its future.

As they entered the room Crylon saw Kelski curled on the bed along with a man, her brother who he recognized from when he had broken the chain of iron holding him.

He had not expected her to be asleep, and now that he found her as such and clearly needing sleep he did not want to wake her. He paused, considering if he should come back. Perhaps leave a note for when she woke... But before he could fully consider this Kelski stirred.

Kelski inquired quietly why he was there, trying clearly to not wake the man as she had been woken, but before he could reply the man stirred. He had blue eyes. Strong blue eyes. Seeing that Tide stirred on his shoulder, having been relatively still before. The tiny stone statue that seemed perpetually wet though in truth was dry to the touch.

It was the first time he had seen the man awake, something that made him smile. He was glad to see the man awake, and glad for Kelski that her sibling had arisen. He had not known he had awoken, thinking him still absent from awareness.

Without thinking Crylon responded to Kelski's introduction in his own Isurian tongue, something he sometimes did when distracted.

“Greetings kin of Kelski, Kalistan. I am gladdened to see you awaken, for I had feared you still slept in your unnatural slumber.”

As he paused Crylon realized he had spoken in Isur, and slightly embarrassed spoke again as best he could in common.

“Hello, Kalistan. Is... Nice meet, glad waken. I am Crylon. Crylon Stonecraft. Am friend of Kelski.”

He notedly offered the man both his first and last name, but had not offered his clan name as he had with Kelski on their last private meeting.

As he considered what to say next Kelski returned to her earlier question, of what he was doing there. Then her mind turned to concern of home, something he had not intended in coming. He had meant to ease her burden, not to increase it.

Patting at the air in appeasement, Crylon tried to calm the Kelvic.

“Home fine, home fine. Is not why come. Is come for see you. Other maybe get note, I just hear of leave home today. Sona say is come help treat brother. Is hear come here to help sick brother. Not know awaken. So thought come help, or come see, if can, you. Is worry of you. You seem tired as brother.”

As he said this he could not recall if Sona had told him her brother was awake, only that she had said Kelski had come in search of medical treatment for her brother and was helping with said treatment. That, he supposed, could have meant general medical treatment or more specifically help in him waking.

It was then a small but loud cough would echo from Crylon's shoulder, and Tide would wave his hand for attention.

"Hello! Since it seems Crylon has no plan to introduce me, I had better. Greetings my good lady and sir. I am Tideon Wavemoon, but you can call me Tide. Devotee of Laviku, He who is known as The Sea King, ruler of the oceans, sea, and all found therein."

Finished with his fancy speech of which Crylon got most but not all, he leaned over and spoke to Crylon as if in private but in a manner so that everyone in the room would hear what he said. If he could whisper, it would seem he did not care to or perhaps was not conscientious of his volume.

"I like her. She smells of the sea. You should make more friends who smell of the sea."

Crylon, not really sure how to continue, gestured at Tide who sat and looked about unabashedly.

“Uh... Kelski, as he say, this Tide. Met earlier in season by ocean. Thought you two also meet.”

Once all the pleasantries had been exchanged Crylon spoke once more to Kelski.

“Is okay stay? Is brother need rest? Can go out if need? When last you been out Kelski?”

Concern for the Kelvic was clearly etched on Crylons face, like a facade worked into the face of a cliff. He wanted to help, but was not quite sure how. Did Kelski need rest more, or air? Did she need to spend time with her brother, or get away?
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kelski on February 21st, 2020, 3:41 am

The stranger that had been residing in the Demesne responded in only slightly accented Isur. “Thank you. It is by the grace of my kin, my Gods, and chance that I am awake again. Well met, Crylon Stonecraft. I am glad you have come to check on my sister.” He said with only slight pauses between the words. Kalistan obviously knew Crylon’s language, though his accent was imperfect he was still understandable.

Kelski blinked, glanced between Crylon and Kalistan, then smiled.

“You came to see me? Really?” The Kelvic was flattered. She liked Crylon, and they’d done several projects together. But they were not quite on friends level yet… though their relationship had been moving in that direction. Kelski respected the Isur and liked his company, but he also held himself in reserve a lot. She suspected that was the Isur people as a whole… though she hadn’t known enough of them to make a solid judgement on it.

It didn’t surprise Kelski that Kalistan knew Isur. It was something she should have anticipated, having walked his entire Chavi and viewed his life in this world and several well into the past. She knew her brother better than he knew her, whether he realized it or not. And it was why he’d made a better recovery than even the healers had hoped for. It wasn’t something she could share with Crylon right now though, at least not in the current moment.

She yawned, stretched, and flushed as her stomach growled menacingly with a need for something to eat. Kelski was about to suggest one of them going for food – for it was her responsibility to feed Kalistan while she was here and he was a patient – when she realized the statue was on Crylon’s shoulder. Her eyes widened and she grinned.

“A statue! Another statue like Little Rhaus!” She said, practically bouncing with excitement. Little Rhaus was absolutely her best friend. She practically rushed Crylon, fortunately the man was shorter than she was so she didn’t have to do more than peer at eye level to see Tide closer. “Hello Tideon Wavemoon!” Kelski said, reaching out to capture the small ceramic hand and shaking it.

She grinned as the little magical statue whispered at Crylon. She could tell the thing was attached to the Isur and liked him a great deal. “I have a friend… Little Rhaus.. he’s a follower of Rhaus… very musical. And very wise and resourceful. He’s one of my best friends in the world.” Kelski admitted, smiling in delight.

Kalistan sat up in bed, looking thoughtful. He was definitely surprised. “A Divine Idol. I’ve heard of you. Created by the Gods to spread their messages. Your kind is legendary. There are stories told, from the first of you, all the way through time to recent history… though I’ve never heard a peep of rumor of one of you active in this day and age. This is astonishing. And you say both of you have befriended one?” He said thoughtfully, eyes moving from his sister to her isurian friend.

“How did you come across them?” He asked both of them, his eyes bright with curiosity.

Kelski looked thoughtful. “Little Rhaus was in the possession of the Sun’s Birth gang in Sunberth. He helped me … escape a bad situation. He’s been with me ever since.” Kelski added, then glanced at Crylon.

“You said you found Tide on the beach?” She prompted, wondering if he’d elaborate.

When Crylon suggested she go out or actually inquired about when she’d last been out, Kelski shook her head. “I’ve been all over The Outpost. Kalistan hasn’t been awake long. I just stretched out to rest because its been a rather intense few days. What if one of us goes out and gets food? I’m starving. I can’t imagine that Kalistan isn’t hungry as well.” She said, glancing at her brother.

He nodded.

“If you like, I can run and get something really fast. I have a good idea of whats here… and bring us back something to eat. Then I’d like to take my brother out if he’s feeling up to it.” Kelski said thoughtfully. “There’s gardens to walk, or a bath. I got us rooms, so we can move out of here now that he’s awake and feeling better.” Kelski added, glancing at Crylon to see what he thought.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on February 26th, 2020, 1:02 am

Crylon was by his nature a rather nonchalant fellow. He tended to take most things in stride, reacting with precision and grace. A strange fact, a violent attack, whatever happened he tended to take an appropriate amount of time to consider things and to react at the appropriate pace required.

That being said, he was quite startled when he heard the human sibling of Kelski speak in the tongue of the Isurian people. It was something he rarely heard outside of the sporadic Isur he had run into since leaving Sultros, and not something he could recall ever hearing from a non-Isur. His surprise even showed on his face, perhaps the first time Kelski had ever lain witness to such a reaction from the stoic Isur.

Even though it was not perfect, it was clearly the tongue of the Isur, something that made a smile come to Crylons lips once the surprise faded from him.

He could tell by the usage of the tongue he was not as fluent as Crylon, similar to his own usage of common, but still quite decent and able to explain himself well enough and understand others words.

Speaking again in Isur Crylon smiled and turned to the man, making sure to keep his pacing of words slow to give the man time to understand.

“I thank you for your words, it is good to hear my own peoples tongue again, though as Kelski does not speak it perhaps we should keep to common. My usage of Isur was more of a slip moments ago. But still I thank you, and as I said am gladdened to hear you are improving in health.”

Turning back to the Kelvics words Crylon nodded, acknowledging that he had come for and because of her. When he spoke again before Kelski he took care to use common, so that both would understand his words. Of course Tide took the lead on that, and Kelski seemed both surprised and gladdened to see the tiny being. Crylon had not know there where others, nor that Kelski had one, though he supposed it made sense. Tide seemed gladdened by her response and energy at seeing him, thinking quite highly of himself and so finding it to be quite normal.

“I... Is not know this, you have also tiny friend. Is not known Tide long.”

He was not sure who Rhaus was, but from the context it seemed to involve music or something such. The human males words, calling Tide and his like a "Divine Idol" seemed to indicate a specific term and acknowledge that he was one of many and not a unique entity perhaps. He was more surprised that the man had heard of Tide and the others, as he had never heard of such things before he met Tide.

Kelski it seemed had gotten Little Rhaus in Sunberth, in the possession of a gang... Through events which did not sound good. But then he knew Kelski's experiences in Sunberth were much worse than his own, mainly involving humans.

“Ah yes, is found now on beach, but saw fore also. Was in Sunberth, when having swim race over water. Was watching, near shore of... Water that cross within city... And saw something, think was Tide, small statue thing, in water. But before look closer, was knock in by man running by, almost drown. After, forget about, just want get out water. Till time later, recent time, find wash up on beach. Tide not seem remember what happen, or how got there or here.”

Nodding Tide spoke for himself in agreement of Crylon's words.

"Yes, I recall waking up on a beach near your new domain, back through the Dovecote, and finding this Isur Crylon nearby. He seemed right to me, and so I have been accompanying him since when I am awake. I do not recall though much before that. And of the events he speaks of, I know nothing."

“Kelski, I am new of outpost. Is make more sense then as you say, you go get food. I can stay here with Kalistan, keep company till return. And if want once return and eat, can help take brother out and about, if need help, support.”

He eyed the human considering him, his size and weight. Even in his prime he felt the man would weigh less than the Isur, and in his half starved state from his long illness he was surely even thinner.

“Yes if need can carry, or help walk. Is no trouble, he light.”

Assuming Kelski left Crylon would turn back to the brother of Kelski and consider him, before returning to speak in the Isur tongue rather than common now that Kelski was gone and the rudeness was mitigated in using a tongue unknown to her. Kalistan was the name Kelski had used, so it seemed that was the mans name.

“I am curious Kalistan, you speak the tongue of the Isur. I do not believe I have met another who was not an Isur who spoke my peoples tongue. How did you come to learn it?”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)