Location [Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

If one seeks citizenship, housing, and work in Riverfall, a guest or visitor must apply here first.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

Postby Orin Fenix on July 6th, 2017, 9:39 pm

1st of Summer, 517AV

Orin pushed through the doors of the labor office. It had been a long time since he'd been forced to come here, seeing as he already had work and housing. But, finally, Orin had decided that enough was enough. It was time for him to become an actual citizen of the city he'd been living in. He was tired of getting looked down on for not having that citizenship tattoo. Besides, it was hard to feel safe and secure in a place that didn't feel like home, and it couldn't feel like home unless he had all the rights and responsibilities of being a Kuvan.

Marching up to the front desk, Orin announced, "I'm here for my Kuvan test." A form was shoved at him by a harried looking Akalak, and Orin stepped out of the line to go fill out it out.

Name: Orin Fenix
Race: Human
Competency In: Daggers
Employment: To be decided
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite

That done, Orin got up and handed it back to the Akalak he'd received it from. For his trouble Orin was directed to go upstairs and wait for the combat test on the second floor. As he walked up the single flight of steps, Orin began steeling himself for the fight that was to come.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on July 23rd, 2017, 11:38 pm

Summer 53rd 517

Ball pushed the door of the Citizenship office with all of his three inches and five pounds. It was no easy task and the efforts he exuded were laughable to most, but eventually the door did give – granted it was not due to his attempt the door was yanked open from the inside and Ball found himself tumbling into the main room of the building. With a flick in his body's forward momentum though the Pycon found himself standing straight again, trying to act as dignified as he could in the situation the small knight was in.

Today was not a day of weapons, so the knight thought nothing of combat and his body was the only 'weapon' he brought with him this morning. Not that that was necessary, but with Ball he was always aware of his need to be combat prepared. A glance round the office revealed people coming and going, mostly of the Akalak variety, but there were several Konti and humans in the mix as well. Ball was not enitrely shocked that the coastal city had plenty of people willing to gain citzenship. It was a gorgeous locale after all. As he made his way to the main desk where it appeared others were getting paperwork necssary for their desires inquiries the pycon found himself jumping and grabbing hold of whatever crevices and molding he could to scale the wooden front.

It was not necessarily hard to do, but Ball was not a climber and the effort he used in pulling and twisting his limbs to and fro to gain purchase and upward momentum was not as easy as it sounded. Once in place the Pycon Knight was confronted with the face of a large Akalak, he looked a bit annoyed with his job – but someone had to do it Ball assumed – and with that he waited calmly for the man to finish asking his questions, this also gave the pycon knight a chance to breathe.

“I am Ser Ball, of the Syliran Knights. As I am sure you are well aware the City I hail from has closed its gates and I had to come someplace else. I am residing and serving my duties from the Outpost just north of the city, yet would like to gain citizenship amongst your citizens. I have trained underneath an Akalak and met another that a fellow squire once trained under. Amazingly proud combatants I must say.”

When given the paper though for citizenship Ball looked at it and when asked to move to the side the knight did his best to roll it out into a cylinder and carry it over to another table where quill and ink resided.

Kuvan Form :
Name: Ball
Race: Pycon
Competency In: Pyken and Lance
Employment: Knight of the Syliran Knighthood
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinitely or until the city of Syliras' gates reopen.

Ball looked at what he wrote he blinked, it was troublesome to see those words in his horribly childish handwriting but he knew it was the truth. His city was closed for who knows how long. He turned the form as needed.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Grim Ravenwood on December 26th, 2017, 12:29 am

Summer 60th, 517 AV.

Grim took a curious look around once inside the stone building. Labor and aid office they said? He recalled nothing of the sort back in Sunberth. This, alongside a few other things he had spied during his brief stay in Riverfall must be what his mother used to call "civilized". The Eiyon, however was inclined not to agree. All those protocols seemed rather restraining. And paperwork? Sunberth worked fine without any paperwork.

Yet, seeing as he was planning to say for a while longer, might as well obey the rules so strictly enforced. At the end, it may not be that bad.

On his left, a half a dozen or so Akalak stood watch over a bulletin board, scratching their chins at rows of text. Even though Grim would most often fail to distinct elders from youths, these Akalak were evidently unemployed, and were seeking work and mentors.

As the doors would close behind him, some from the blue group shot a few glances at his direction. Being mixed-blooded was, apparently not enough - for the Akalaks observed everyone who lacked that Kuvan tattoo of theirs with a reserved kind of contempt. Knitting his brows together, Grim proceeded towards the desk that occupied the center of the room with a noticeable spring in his step.

"I am here to apply for citizenship." He said flatly, raising on his toes to glance over the towers of documents that lay stacked in front of him. Over the imposing barrier, a sheet of paper was passed. The Eiyon trailed over the information required for beginning the actual test, only to grab an inked quill that sat nearby.

Name: Grim
Race: Mixed-Blood
Competency In: Scythe
Employment: The Mourner's Rest
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinite

"All done." Grim noted as he passed the sheet of paper back. His handwriting was not brag-worthy, though it was legible enough. Then, he received directions towards a set of spiraling stairs. It was time to show them what he's made of.
Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Words: 124151
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on December 29th, 2017, 5:27 am

Day 1, Winter 517, Morning
It was time and past that she finally became self-sufficient, earning her keep for herself rather than for another. She'd thought long and hard about what she could do that wouldn't intrude on another's niche, something that fit her skills, desires, and natural abilities. What did Riverfall have to offer her? Geography, history, and mystery. What did she have to offer Riverfall? Curiosity, a desire for things not her own, and skills to research and investigate.

Her stride was confident as she approached the Akalak paper pushers at the Labor and Aid office. "I'm here to establish myself as a contract explorer and investigator to roam the deep cliffs of Riverfall for ruins and relics." Her chin was high and firm, ready to defend her decision should they simply suggest that being a Kelvic female, she would be better placed in a more domicile situation.

Name: Salara Kel'Halavath
Race: Kelvic
Relevant Skills: Investigation, Observation, Larceny
Preferred Employment: Investigator/Explorer/Researcher
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinitely with a purpose.

It didn't even matter where she lived as she didn't expect to be there often. It just needed to be cheap.

Name: Salara Kel'Halavath
Type Of Building Looking For: Cora Apartments
Size: Small
Condition: Poor to Common
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Indefinitely with a purpose.
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Daninna Kvalheim on September 6th, 2020, 11:14 am

2nd Day of Fall 520 A.V

Dani's slow, heavy pace showed off the length of her journey. Her eyes, however, could not stop admiring the beauty all around her. The streets, the people, the houses, it was all so different, yet somehow even more beautiful than she had imagined it being, from the tales she's heard.

It took her a few ticks to realize she was at her intended destination, and a few more to muster enough strength and with the push of a palm, open the door. An unfamiliar scent was the first thing she noticed, as she moved passed the door frame. Her eyes scanned the room, before finally settling on the only man present. The first Akalak she had ever met, and even though she's heard of them many times before, his appearance took her by surprise.

A soft sigh, followed by a few more steps towards the man, gave her enough time to gather her thoughts and form words in what she thought was the most polite way possible

Hello. The name is Daninna and I would like both, please. I've only just arrived.

She was always a woman of very few words, so the fact that he handed the forms over, after but a few questions, was no bother at all. Stepping to the side, in case anyone else showed up, she dropped the bag off of her shoulder, between her feet and began writing.

Name: Daninna Kvalheim
Race: Drykas
Competency In: Battleaxe
Employment: None at the moment, but I am looking for a job
Expected Stay In Riverfall: A season, possibly more

Name: Daninna Kvalheim
Race: Drykas
Relevant Skills: Battleaxe competency and Horse Riding
Preferred Employment: Some form of an army or patrol, as it is what I had done at home, primarily
Expected Stay In Riverfall: A season, at least

Once the forms were done, she stepped back to her original position, slowly sliding them over to the man, with a smile. A few words from her broke the silence.

All done. Is there anything else, I need to do?
Daninna Kvalheim
Player

Words: 22744
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Previous