Weekend Challenge 10/23-10/26

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on October 31st, 2020, 5:04 am

I'd like to be able to hand out prizes sooner or later, and I don't think our big problem is going to get fixed anytime soon... I apologize for that too. I don't know whats wrong and this is a holiday weekend. So if you all want to turn your challenge threads in by the 31st... please do so.

I'll count these posted tomorrow too so long as it isn't part of your NaNo.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Marino Oceangem on November 3rd, 2020, 10:08 pm

Good threads guys! I really enjoyed the stories that were submitted and I'm looking forward to reading the future threads these snowball into.
Marino Oceangem
Player

Words: 243562
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2020, 5:33 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 5th, 2020, 5:21 pm

Crylon reminded me I need to award prizes here! So here we go. I'm sorry it took so long... NaNo was distracting and we had site issues. So without further ado... here's the prize.

Each of you will acquire in thread through finding or being gifted a charm bracelet. The bracelet can be as masculine or feminine looking as you'd like. It is your choice on how it appears. However, it is indestructible and cannot be removed once you put it on. Each one of you will receive a unique charm to be added to the bracelet as per your thread topic. I'm open to debate if someone doesn't like their charm and wants something different.

In addition, if you have a 'spooky' element to your thread to honor the spirit of Samhain/Halloween... you will receive a second charm for your bracelet. This charm is a small triangle shaped charm that will glow with light in the presence of a ghost - a ghost that is manifesting or not manifesting. Post here to let me know if you like your charm and if you got a second charm as well... that way I can add it to your SS thread properly.

Here's the list:

Yomila - A small cat charm. This charm allows you to appear as a friend or ally to any cat you come across big or small. If you have a good working relationship with a cat you are in close contact with day to day, you will be able to understand this cat's feelings in an empathic sort of way. If the cat is happy, sad, etc... you will know that immediately. You might not understand the cause of it, but you will know the feeling. This is not telepathy.

Karsynwa - A small brain-shaped charm. This charm will allow your PC to immediately judge someone's sanity. You can determine if someone you are focused on or nearby is completely sane and just acting crazy or is completely batshit crazy and pretending to be normal. It can also give you a feeling or sense if someone is losing it but retains some sanity... so you'll understand the degree to which they are sane. It works on sentient creatures and judges them of sound mind. You can have this ability manifest however it makes sense to you in your roleplay. A sense of just knowing is fine if that's what you want it to convey.

Rohka - A small X shaped charm. This charm, when fondled, brings memories into clarity as if you are reliving them at that very moment. The world you are in fades away replaced by the world of the time you were trying to remember. Events will play out exactly as your PC experienced them for the length of time you grasp the charm. When you release the charm, things will go back to normal though you will retain the memory relived vividly much like you just woke from a realistic dream where you remembered every aspect.

Tazrae - A small snaked-shaped charm with jeweled green eyes. This charm allows you to sense the proximity of any serpent to you within 100 feet. This works with snakes and Dhani alike. It gives you a mental awareness of where that snake is and what sort of snake it might be.

Ari'Ellin - A small gem-encrusted skull charm. This skull charm allows you to know if anyone in your immediate area (100 feet) is about to die or on the brink of death due to natural or unnatural circumstances. You get a sense of who they are and how they are going to die before it happens. This may give you time to alter the circumstance of their life and even prevent their death. Do not ride to war or a battle with this sort of item because you will know who around you will die and it might threaten your sanity depending upon your mental fortitude. Dice rolls to save sanity might be advised in cases of war, siege, etc.

Moritz - An Open Circle Charm similar to the letter 0 - This charm will give you a sense of someone's immediate need whom you touch. That need might be food (and what type), comfort, shelter, or just rest. It might give you a sense that someone needs someone to unburden their thoughts on. It might reveal to you that someone is lost and needs to find their way home. Your thread was about meeting needs and finding ways to do so while not having similar needs yourself. I thought it fitting.

Marino - A lightning bolt-like charm - This charm looks almost like a lightning bolt but not quite. In reality, it is a jagged wound depicted in an erratic zig-zag danging from your chain. Once worn by you, this charm will give you the ability to sense wounds in people, understand their severity, and what caused them. This can be the obvious wound of bleeding broken flesh or the wound of a broken heart or damaged soul. It has the power to reveal wounds to you that are less obvious, like drug abuse or alcoholism. You may not know how to fix these wounds - any of them - but this charm will allow you to sense them and know the cause.

Again, post here if you are fine with your charm and let me know if you need a second charm due to a spooky or unnerving factor in your thread.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rohka on December 5th, 2020, 5:39 pm

Goss,

Love these charms. Thank you so much! They're both so apt for Roh, your thought and creativity are both amazing, thank you. Excited to write out threads with these. And to read threads with these bracelets too.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on December 5th, 2020, 7:15 pm

That charm is great for Moritz, thanks!

And I don't think his thread would qualify as spooky, at least not from anyone but Moritz perspective.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Karsynwa on December 5th, 2020, 9:01 pm

This is a perfect charm for progressing this storyline with Karsynwa so thank you!

Also the unsettling factor I was going for was seeing his mentor come back unhinged as a ghost, along with the additional worrying idea that someone he knew might have poisoned the man.
Tukant - Common
Karsynwa
Player

Words: 239923
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marino Oceangem on December 5th, 2020, 9:05 pm

This is going to be a very interesting charm for Marino. It puts a spin on what I've got planned with him so I'm looking forward exploring its use.
Marino Oceangem
Player

Words: 243562
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2020, 5:33 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Tazrae on December 5th, 2020, 9:33 pm

Thank you for both charms. Tazrae's spooky factor was spending more than half the thread out of body tripping the light fantastic.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ari'Ellin on December 6th, 2020, 1:34 am

That charm is incredible and so amazing. Thank you so much!

I had tried to include a spooky factor into the thread but I don't think it would count as it ended up more sad and angsty.

Thank you so much for the gem encrusted skull charm!
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Yomila on December 6th, 2020, 3:39 am

Thank you so much for this reward! I'm very happy with Yomila's cat charm.. it will go well with another plot I was thinking of. No spooky element for me.

Congrats everyone!
Yomila
Player

Words: 74856
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2020, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous