NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains all the NaNo threads from years gone past. Thus far we have only 2011 archived! But hopefully we'll have a ton more forthcoming as the years go by and NaNo's come and go.

Moderator: Traverse

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Asterope on November 8th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Late start, but I'm going to give it my best! Good luck everyone.

I didn't get anything written for NaNo, but congrats to all the winners and wonderful job to everyone who put their best effort into it! <3
Last edited by Asterope on December 1st, 2020, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Gossamer on November 30th, 2020, 3:04 am

Hey All!

The last day of November is tomorrow.

We have just a short time left for NaNo. We've had several people participate and we've had a lot of people cheer those participating onward. I know as of right now, we have at least one winner (Go Mort!) and hopefully by tomorrow there will be others. If you played the game right, you signed up here. Everyone got to track everyone else's progress (which competition is half the fun right?), and I will be awarding prizes to everyone who has posted in this thread so far. This is what NaNo is all about. You participants are getting rewarded for effort, tracking, and a few outlying consistent chat cheerleading. As a bonus, there are a few cheerleaders in chat that will get prizes as well for being so positive even though they didn't actually finish the 50K.

Thank you all for making NaNo so much fun to do on Miz. And I will announce the winners and prizes in this thread December 1st!

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Gossamer on December 5th, 2020, 7:37 am

Hi there!

You all worked really hard on this project! The enthusiasm and cheerleading was inspiring. So for that reason alone, I'm going to give everyone prizes. NaNo is a big deal and everyone was so helpful and encouraging. Prizes will be handed out in tiers. Everyone gets their own tier prize plus all the lower tier prizes. If you posted with multiple characters, each character gets the prizes. I hope you enjoy them!

Tier 1 - Chat Cheerleaders (Alice, Shiress)

* Amulet of Finding The Lost - This item allows the user to find something they owned that they've misplaced. It works on inorganic items, organic items, even children. The caveiat is that the owner of the amulet must own the lost item and have legitimately lost it, not sold, given away, or discarded the missing thing in question. This is invaluable for misplaced keys.

Tier 2 - We Tried! We signed up. (Everyone who's posted in this thread)

* A Blanket Made Of Stars - This incredibly soft king-sized blanket is as dark as night on the outside and has a warm berber inside. However, Zintila has gifted it with a bit of her magic and its dark side glows with starlight. If a person beside it studies it, they will see a multitude of nebula, circling stars, and a whole host of outer space scenery in its dark form. The blanket, from all the stars, glows softly and reassuringly casting any room or tent it is used in with a soft welcoming glow that doesn't effect the ability of a sleeper to get to sleep. The blanket will also keep the user at that individuals' perfect favorite sleeping temperature.

Tier 3 - You finished NaNo! Grats!

* You are allowed one wish. Please make a wish in this thread and I will see that it comes true. Wishes need to be reasonable. And I can reserve the right to deny or have them work not exactly in the intended way so be careful what you wish for.

I hope you all enjoy!

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Moritz Craven on December 5th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Moritz, if he was to be told he could have one wish of his choosing, would be one to address one of the oldest things I can recall RPing him being sad about, not understanding, and being worried over, that of people not being Kelvic and therefore lacking the wholeness he experienced every day by existing.

When he first learned that some people were limited to one form, were only half of a whole, and could not shift as a Kelvic into their whole nature, it saddened him (and also made him worried that he could somehow become like these people, until he found out they were born as such).

If he could have one wish, it would be to address this twist of birth so as to allow people to become their whole self and able to shift like a Kelvic. To gift to people the chance to awaken their dormant kelvic nature.

I would assume if this is possible it would need to be limited in some way, rather than permanently activating anyone's Kelvic side, such as only lasting for a day or something, and/or being limited in how many people he could activate at a time.

If this doesn't work I've got a backup wish as well I can use, but this was my first thought of the thing Moritz would want.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Karsynwa on December 5th, 2020, 2:41 pm

Karsynwa if given the choice would wish for the return of Morwen to take up the duties of Winter once more. Having seen first hand the disastrous consequences of her absence, he longs to have some sense of normalcy return to the part of the world he calls home.
Tukant - Common
Karsynwa
Player

Words: 239923
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Gossamer on December 5th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Moritz - I don't understand the wish. You want people to be able to shift and embrace their kelvic side? If people have a Kelvic factor, they are Kelvics. You cannot give what makes Kelvics special to the whole of humanity. That would turn every last human in the game into a Kelvic.

Karsynwa - Did you actually sign up in this thread, participate throughout November in a competitive way, and plot your progress throughout the month like everyone else here? You did not... you just posted on the last day, distancing yourself from the group as a whole that was competing in the spirit of doing things in a group as far as I know. That's why I specified in previous posts...

"If you played the game right, you signed up here. Everyone got to track everyone else's progress (which competition is half the fun right?), and I will be awarding prizes to everyone who has posted in this thread so far. This is what NaNo is all about. You participants are getting rewarded for effort, tracking, and a few outlying consistent chat cheerleading. As a bonus, there are a few cheerleaders in chat that will get prizes as well for being so positive even though they didn't actually finish the 50K."

We have a sign up thread for a reason. We are supposed to do this as a group. If you do it outside the group, you don't reap the reward the group gets to enjoy because you were on your own. Sorry... but that's what I laid out carefully in this thread and what I've told others that have last minute bombed NaNo in other years.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Karsynwa on December 5th, 2020, 4:03 pm

My apologies, I misread that.
Tukant - Common
Karsynwa
Player

Words: 239923
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2020, 7:24 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Tazrae on December 5th, 2020, 5:37 pm

My Wish:

Eywaat is a playful god worshiped by a serious people. A less ambitious deity he tends to helps floundering people groups in inhospitable lands. He sees all his worshippers as his "nestlings" and commonly manifests in signs and dreams.

I wish for the Demigod Eywaat to leave some sort of blessing in Syka so that in the boundaries of Syka all the birds that come and go, filling the jungle with song and sound, can also talk. Their language would be common and on par with their intelligence level so that small song birds might call out their intent in one or two-word phrases like... "juicy bugs!" while more intelligent birds like parrots could hold entire conversations or prattle on about whatever's on their minds.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Moritz Craven on December 5th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Edit- note- Main goal OOC is to fix the Morwen situation/thing before the entire world burns.

---

That's fine, I will request his backup one, which funnily enough was similar but not quite the same as Kar's. And I'll try to be a bit more specific this time.

Moritz would want to be sent on an epic quest to fix the Morwen/winter situation. He understands the need for balance, and knows without winter the world will be thrown out of that balance and so would wish he could address that problem.

He wouldn't wish to instantly have it fixed (nor would he even think that would be an option as a wish), but would think of stories of old where heroes/heroin go off on quest to do a mighty deed, to solve some great problem, or to right a wrong, and would want to be such a hero.

He would simply want to be given the quest, the information and/or tools needed to follow that quest and to make it feasible to be accomplished by him (not necessarily the whole answer/step by step instructions or an instant solution but enough to make it possible for him to do with hard work and dedication).

More a direction and aid, and to be sent on his way to do it.

And if it requires travel some means of conveyance that would avoid a years worth of travel to get there and home afterward.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2

NaNo Miz Style Signup!!!

Postby Gossamer on December 5th, 2020, 10:22 pm

Mortiz-

I cannot grant the previous wish for people who are not Kelvic to know what being Kelvic is and having an animal to change into. That interferes in the game's balance because it would pass traits from one race onto another so that the gifted race would have multiple racial traits. People can already have access to Morphing and learn to shift their shapes. People are still people, however, no matter what shape they wear and hold their minds to them. Kelvics are not people... they are not supposed to think like people or be people in any way shape or form. They are something other, alien, and that is the gift of their race. I will not ever trade that off to someone else unless it is something temporarily in the form of a quest or seasonal challenge that gets reverted at the end of a specific period of time.

Your other wish is just as outrageous. You cannot wish to

A. Be given a quest to find Morwen.
B. Be told where she is and how to get there.
C. Be given the means to get there.
D. Be given the tools to accomplish A & B.

This has always been designed to be a high-level situation. Your SPECIFIC wish is actually four wishes in one with a request for all kinds of assistance that would not make the quest fulfilling. You are a relatively new PC with horribly low stats to set about taking up this sort of quest. It would not be easy on you and would most likely mean your death.

Instead, I will just grant you this.

You must roleplay this out to have it happen. You will have a prophetic dream where Morwen is dying. You see her pass from this world to another world through a magical gate in the jungle. The world she ends up in is a hot world, stifling so, and when she steps foot on the soil of that other plane following rumors of her missing grandchild... she is captured by a creature that is unrecognizable in its horror. It chains her and binds her to its fortress throne where it uses its power to slowly drain her of her cool power and bring stability into its molten realm. And since the day she has left it has been draining her to the point she is almost dead.

You do not know where this gate is, only that it is in the jungle, but you do know that Morwen is running out of time. You awake knowing this is the true fate of Morwen and that one of two things can happen... she can die and her mantle of Godhood would pass on to another... or she can be rescued and returned to once more rule Mizahar's coldest season.

Tazrae - Wish granted. This, I'm sure, will annoy the denizens of Syka quite horribly. But birds do not need to talk all the time, though they can, and I will assume it will generate a million storyseeds if folks let it.

SS threads will be updated as people post to claim prizes in this thread.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext