OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Summer 521 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Summer 521 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2021, 12:14 am

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in The Summer of 521 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots. It is important to not give generic answers but to be very specific and thoughtful responses.

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has?
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract.
  7. What are your character goals this season?
  8. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
    Weapon: C+
    Hunting: C+
    Foraging: C+
    Carpentry: N+
    Construction: N+
    ?
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
  11. Why did you pick Syka?
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka?
  13. What does your PC add to Syka?
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
  15. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#37fddc,#37fddc][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]Who Are You?[/b]
[*][b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?[/b]
[*][b]Tell us one secret your PC has?[/b]
[*][b]Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?[/b]
[*][b]Describe your character in a short abstract.[/b]
[*][b]What are your character goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]Wilderness Survival: E+
Construction: N+[/ooc]?[/b]
[*][b]What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?  If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.[/b]
[*][b]If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?[/b]
[*][b]Why did you pick Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What is your favorite thing about Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What does your PC add to Syka?[/b]
[*][b]How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/center][/list][/left][/box]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on June 2nd, 2021, 12:55 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Moritz Craven
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 2.25 years old, Male, Kelvic Okomo (Appears around 16 years old in human form on arrival)
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Arrived by boat, for now planning to be a resident for the length of his stay. Unclear how long he'll stay but definitely several seasons.
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? Moritz grew up in a sentient house, and still suspects most buildings are just pretending to not be alive, though he's never mentioned this to anyone.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Do need a job, had discussed getting a position as an assistant cook/waiter.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Serious, logical, odd Okomo Kelvic always looking to expand his skills, abilities, and knowledge.
  7. What are your character goals this season? Explore the jungle outside of Syka proper, and train his combat and WS skills.
    ?
    Not yet, working on them.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. N/A- just arrived
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes, and will be exploring with more skilled npc till then.
  11. Why did you pick Syka? On a quest to find Morwen which involves a jungle.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? The various and detailed locations throughout.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? A sparring partner, proto-cook, and a mount in a pinch.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Will need moderation for his entrance, after that not expecting too much till he's gotten his skills up more and leaves the city more to explore.
  15. Additional Comments? Message me on Discord if you want to plot/have a thread, and we can work something out. Open to various things, and always need too work on his required skills. Currently focusing on WS and combat, but also willing to do others.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Elias Frostfawn on June 3rd, 2021, 2:03 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Elias Frostfawn
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 21, Male, Vantha
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident as of the start of summer 521, Elias has made his way through the jungle in order to get to Syka.
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? His Vantha heritage is a big secret as well as his worship of Morwen which he prays to daily for guidance and her return.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? I definitely need a job. Elias would be interested in a job involving falconry. Barring that he would be interested in Hunting or fishing.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Quiet, reserved, cautious, looking to meet people but his social skills definitely are lacking.
  7. What are your character goals this season?1) Improve the skills: Wilderness survival, Hunting, Weapon: Shortbow, Falconry 2) Gain a bird (preferably a bird of prey) companion 3) Make a good friend this season 4) Add at least one story about culture or history to his small but growing list of stories.
    ?
    No, but he will be working on several this season.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. N/A He's new.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes
  11. Why did you pick Syka? It seems teeming with mystery and excitement!
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? All of the fun interesting places and areas.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? Storytelling, telling stories around the fire is in his blood. He also has experience in falconry and hunting.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? I would like a moderated thread for his entrance and a second moderated thread for the acquisition of a job (Falconer, Hunter, Fisherman)
  15. Additional Comments? Very excited to start roleplaying this season!
Elias Frostfawn
Player

Words: 18994
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2021, 7:58 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Tazrae on June 6th, 2021, 3:09 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Tazrae
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 24, Female, Human
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? Resident
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? Tazrae wishes she was anything but human.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Fully employed as an Innkeeper
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Tazrae is a friendly spontaneous extrovert that enjoys meeting people and hosting parties.
  7. What are your character goals this season? I would like her to master at least one skill.
    ?

Yes, WS = E, Carpentry = C, Construction = C
    No, Weapon = N, Hunting = N, Foraging = N
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? Wilderness Survival
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes.
  11. Why did you pick Syka? I love the atmosphere.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? I like that you can love it and it can still kill you in a heartbeat of inattention.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? I think she adds a soft place to land and a friendly face to take people out into the jungle.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Not necessary.
  15. Additional Comments? I like to thread with folks. Hit me up if you want a partner. But I would hope you would reply more than once a week... I get easily bored of a thread that takes too long to finish. I often think it's my writing or that my PC is a huge turnoff and so I will drop a thread and a thread partner due to my own insecurities if I suspect they are dragging their feet because they hate posting with me.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Kardisdeleted on August 5th, 2021, 1:00 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?- Kard
  2. Age, Sex, Race? - 38, M, Eypharian
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?- Kard is a new resident. He has come with other travellers as part of a group.
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? -He hasn't told me all of them yet, but he does secretly like rodents and he feeds one by the beach.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?- Kard intends to subsist on his own land for the moment while he builds a business in tanning and eventually in learning the jungle enough to be a guide.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract.- A huge hunk of aged, salty meat
  7. What are your character goals this season?- Work on survival
    ? -No, but will be working on them.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.- New player, have never played any season or worked on any skill.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?- Yes
  11. Why did you pick Syka?- Recommended by staff as an interesting, new location with activity.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka?- My favorite thing is definitely the underground city. I hope to be able to get the skills up enough to be part of its discovery! Also the lack of real politics and the idea that everyone is needed.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? - He is a tanner, able to hopefully provide necessary armor to fend off jungle monsters, and he's also a fierce protector of his new home.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? - As these will be my first scenes ever, I would wish to ease into the lore.
  15. Additional Comments?
Kardisdeleted
Player

Words: 2307
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2021, 1:31 am
Race: Eypharian